• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh! RP Tournament!

Cipah

Back from the Dead?
So I've just been watching YouTube videos of someone ripping on terrible Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and I thought, "hey, wouldn't it be fun if you could RP and actual Yu-Gi-Oh! match?"

The answer is unknown to me as of yet, but creating our own tournament and characters with themed decks seems fun enough to me in theory to warrant giving it a go.

I love yugioh, and would be interested, but how would it work on this site exactly? 

I figured that we would compile decks and put them in the character sheets and the kinda have posts doing play-by-plays. Narrating each move, in a way.

Yes, but then it wouldn't come down to random chance. People could draw whatever cards they wanted, therefore making it a very different game. It would just be powerful card after powerful card. They could easily counter each other, and just overall make it not as fun.

Well, I figured you'd then use things like random word generators online as a way to draw your cards. I suppose that way you'd have to take screenshots to provide proof that you drew it.

If DEVpro is a little easier to navigate, and usually more up to date than YGO pro. 

But I'd be down with this if we used one of those environments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back