• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Academy

Rhino Schneider

I'll make you an offer you can refuse.
I don't really know but all of a sudden I got back into Yu-Gi-Oh and I mean big time, maybe i'm reminiscing in my childhood heck I'm not sure. Anyhow I was wondering if anyone would like to do a Yu-Gi-Oh roleplay it would be based in the Duel Academy of GX however it would have all the new cards. As for duels we will use an external site named Dueling Network, what this means however is that it requires people to be on at the same time and people be willing to visit a site off this one. Not much else to say if you have any questions just ask.

Rurnur said:
I'd be interested, but would the entirety of the roleplay be taking place on DN? Or just the duelling portion?
Only the dueling portion glad to see this finally got some interest ^-^

NekoChanBo said:
Only the dueling portion glad to see this finally got some interest ^-^
Oh nice, yeah hopefully we'll get a couple more. Did you want to make the duels competitive or more exaggerated like the anime?

Kind of a mix.

So first you would duel on Dueling network then you would roleplay afterwards how the match went in the exaggerated way the anime does.

NekoChanBo said:
Kind of a mix.
So first you would duel on Dueling network then you would roleplay afterwards how the match went in the exaggerated way the anime does.
Ah okay, so will we be deciding on some kindof power level for decks? So we don't get Joey going up against Kozmo?

CARD GAMES OH BOY

.....*ahem*

Might I recommend the use of the YGOPro program over DN? It requires you to download it, but the dueling process is automated so there's no arguing over card rules or effects, which is something I've seen all too often on DN. It's easy to use and easy to set up, too.

Rurnur said:
Ah okay, so will we be deciding on some kindof power level for decks? So we don't get Joey going up against Kozmo?
BRO leave Kozmo out of this (I use the Kozmo's -_- ).

They will be one that gets progressively less and less as the roleplay goes on.

At first all XYZ and pendulum will be banned(at the beginning) but these will be unleashed rather early on as new "Rare cards".

Cards will be limited to series 6 (At first) and below mostly since that's when most of the XYZ cards start showing up.

Many cards such as Exoida, slifer the sky dragon, obelisk the tormentor and winged dragon of ra will be banned until later as will may other cards on the same power level. I will inspect decks before we start and tell you if I dislike something (mostly since I do not know all the cards.)

A Skull on the Shelf]CARD GAMES OH BOY .....*ahem* Might I recommend the use of the [URL="https://www.ygopro.co/ said:
YGOPro[/URL] program over DN? It requires you to download it, but the dueling process is automated so there's no arguing over card rules or effects, which is something I've seen all too often on DN. It's easy to use and easy to set up, too.
I myself use YGOPro and I would recommend using it the only reason I have not is that some people (including myself) dislike trusting people over the internet and downloading something they say is safe. So I decided to go for DN mostly since its a website not a down load, however if everyone who joins is fine with downloading I will switch to YGOPro.

Also are you interested?

Was that a joke about Kozmo? Or will we actually be forced into playing the new meta decks?

And seeing as we don't begin with all the cards, are we expected to switch decks throughout the RP?

What is the criteria for something you "dislike" ?

@NekoChanBo

Last edited by a moderator:
Rurnur said:
Was that a joke about Kozmo? Or will we actually be forced into playing the new meta decks?
And seeing as we don't begin with all the cards, are we expected to switch decks throughout the RP?

What is the criteria for something you "dislike" ?

@NekoChanBo
Yeah that was a joke about Kozmo.

Less fully switch decks and more add additional cards as they become available you can however switch decks if you wish.

Most of my criteria's are mostly currently banned out or limited anyhow (not all of them), but lets say for the sake of it Pot of greed was not banned, that would be one as its a card that can be played down gives you an additional one (including the fact pot of greed was played) card for no penalties.

What other reason could you have for disliking a card? If it is already legal, what would the problem be? And I disagree about pot of greed, the only difference it would make is that whoever is lucky enough to draw a copy of it instantly has a huge advantage over the opponent, playing 3 copies of upstart goblin is much fairer in general.

@NekoChanBo

Rurnur said:
What other reason could you have for disliking a card? If it is already legal, what would the problem be? And I disagree about pot of greed, the only difference it would make is that whoever is lucky enough to draw a copy of it instantly has a huge advantage over the opponent, playing 3 copies of upstart goblin is much fairer in general.
@NekoChanBo
I am so confused. Your disagreeing about the point I made by backing up that Upstart goblin is much more fairer. BUT that's just basically what I said, I said I dislike pot of greed since it allows you to draw a card for nothing. 3 copies of upstart goblin (draw 1 and give the opponent 1000 lp) has a penalty being that you give the opponent 1000 lp, pot of greed give gives you a free card without giving your opponent anything or having anything happen such as discarding one.

[QUOTE="Ethan Hart]I may get into this, despite not being any good at duelling xD

[/QUOTE]
Glad to have you on bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back