• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh DFD (Currently Accepting)

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Duwang

No Weakness
PNh0oP0.png

D ei F ie D
Important Info

• Yu-Gi-Oh! DFD takes place in an alternate parallel universe from the original series, one which will allow all sorts of new ideas to be introduced meanwhile still allowing us to build upon what was already established. The events of the RP begin a decade after the conclusion of GX. Technology has changed to reflect this, though duel disks remain largely the same.

RP Info
  • Haʻalele ʻia'wahi is an island over a hundred miles north of Hawaii. Its most prominent feature is a tall, extinct volcano which makes up the majority of the island's 50 sq miles. Most sides of the island are covered in shear cliff face, the exception being the South Western side where the beach is. The island has one city, Haʻalele ʻia'wahi City, with a rough population of 800 with an economy supported primarily by tourism. It has a very nice museum built out of a former US naval base. The volcano has a single path carved into it, just wide enough for two cars to drive up. At the top of the mountain, on the South side, is a hot spring resort open to tourists. On the North side is an archeological dig site where only authorized personnel, mostly archeologists, are allowed.

Cards
  • Note 1: This is not in addition to the TCG/OCG banlist.
    Note 2: We will be using TCG legal cards only, unless someone gives a good reason for otherwise.
    Note 3: Things will be added or removed from the list depending on usage data in RP.
    Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
    Block Dragon
    Cyber Stein
    Crystron Halqifibrax
    Danger!? Jackalope?
    Danger! Nessie!
    Djinn Releaser of Rituals
    Fairy Tail - Snow
    Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin
    Magical Scientist
    Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King
    Mind Master
    Numeron Network
    Orcust Harp Horror
    Performage Plushfire
    Performapal Monkeyboard
    Phoenixian Cluster Amaryllis
    Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
    Samsara Lotus
    SPYRAL Master Plan
    Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
    Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
    Tyrant Neptune

Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon
    Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom
    Thunder Dragon Colossus

Firewall Dragon
    Guardragon Elpy
    Knightmare Mermaid
    Linkross
    Summon Sorceress
    Topologic Gumblar Dragon

Lavalval Chain
    Number 39: Utopia Double
    Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk
    Number 86: Heroic Champion – Rhongomyniad
    Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
    Salamangreat Miragestallio
    Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe

Butterfly Dagger – Elma
    Chain Strike
    Change of Heart
    Cold Wave
    Confiscation
    Delinquent Duo
    Dimension Fusion
    Dragonic Diagram
    Giant Trunade
    Graceful Charity
    Last Will
    Magical Explosion
    Mass Driver
    Mirage of Nightmare
    Painful Choice
    Premature Burial
    Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force
    Sky Striker Mobilize – Engage!
    Snatch Steal
    Soul Charge
    Spellbook of Judgment
    The Forceful Sentry

Last Turn
    Return from the Different Dimension
    Royal Oppression
    Self-Destruct Button
    Sixth Sense
    Time Seal
    Trap Dustshoot
    Ultimate Offering
    Vanity’s Emptiness
    Zoodiac Combo
    Kozmo Farmgirl
    Trickstar Lycoris

Zoodiac Drident

Draco Face-off
    Harpie’s Feather Duster
    Kozmo Town
    Mind Control
    Monster Reborn
    Pot of Greed
    Raigeki
    Reasoning
    Sky Striker Mecha – Hornet Drones
    Sky Striker Mecha Modules – Multirole
    Zoodiac Barrage

True King’s Return
    Destiny HERO – Malicious
    Zoodiac Ratpier
    Zoodiac Whiptail

Upstart Goblin
  • Note: Dies to removal is not an argument.

At the start, each player has the ability to create up to 15 custom cards so that players can have fully, or near fully custom archetypes should they so choose. You may not have many opportunities to do so after character creation, so use this wisely. I suggest just making your character's ace and being satisfied with that. Duelingbook is preferred because of what it offers in this regard, but use whatever format or creator you like as long as it's legible.

When making something, assume that it'll be at 3, even if it only makes sense story-wise to exist at 1. Be careful that when you make something, that it's not too close in function to something on the banlist. Don't go too far in breaking the conventions of the game, and if you do, please try to do so artistically. (Quick Effect) is a property of monsters only. At the same time, don't worry too much about card grammar; I also think it's overcomplicated and if there are rules discrepancies I'll try to go over it with you the player hopefully at character creation.

Last edited:
Duwang Duwang Is Chronograph Sorceror story locked?

I'd say because Zarc isn't going to be a thing in this setting, it would be anachronistic for your character to have it. I'll give you the same question I asked the Orichalchos guy: Did you have a plan in-story for it, or did you just want it to have it?

I'd say because Zarc isn't going to be a thing in this setting, it would be anachronistic for your character to have it. I'll give you the same question I asked the Orichalchos guy: Did you have a plan in-story for it, or did you just want it to have it?
Then I assume Numbers won't have their effect in Zexal that made them indestructible by battle except vs other numbers?

Then I assume Numbers won't have their effect in Zexal that made them indestructible by battle except vs other numbers?

I was thinking that Numbers did, but they aren't really around yet and you definitely wouldn't be able to get the more important ones (39, 44, 46, 54, 34, 65, 73, and 94). But if you did find one, it would still have the ability to possess your character.

Nekroz are Fun going up against. They arent like Endymion ( LostHaven LostHaven I'm sorry bout saying this) who can make an unbreakable board.

Nekroz themselves focus on going against the extra deck. Not many of us are using that so in my opinion, Thawne Thawne should be accepted.

I don't know why you're arguing for this guy, he already said he didn't want to join anymore. If he still wanted to be in the RP he could argue for himself.

What's your idea of 'fun' then lol. I can play a suboptimal Endymion build

I accepted suboptimal decks under the assumption that most players weren't at the same skill level and with the supposition that roleplay is at its nature a casual format. I'm fine with "optimal" decks if they allow some degree of technical play, and I actually don't like it when you can't access your engine in less than half your games. Likewise though, if you make enough moves to proc Nibiru, or if your opening can stop more than 4 effects from happening, I don't think it's fun.

Like, your opponent should be able to open a slower hand without needing to worry about losing before turn 3 (or that you've put up enough disruption/flood gates that your opponent may as well have lost on turn 3). Likewise, both players should be able to access their engines with some degree of consistency so the game doesn't become too much of a coin flip because that wouldn't be fun either.

I hope that made some sense to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back