• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy YSHS Reboot

R.I.P R.I.P

Caleb had underestimated this guy's recovery time. He recovered fast and lept off the ground in the blink of an eye. Yes. Caleb HAD predicted what he would do. That didn't mean he was fast enough to stop him.

Before Caleb could adapt his stance or anything, the guy had his upraised leg in his arms. On any other occasion he might LIKE Kerei touching his legs, *wink wink*. But this was not one of those times. But as usual, he adapted.

As he was being pushed over, he maneuvered the caught leg just enough so that he could bend it the right way so that it kicked him right in the face. He managed this by taking the force of being pushed over and going with it. He allowed himself to fall over backwards and use that momentum to bend his leg enough to kick him square in the nose, his hips turning in a taekwondo esque manner.

He hoped the kick to the face would make the guy let the grip on his leg go enough to commence the rest of his sequence. It was going to be cool.

'Fuck..'

Kirei thought to himself as he was kicked square in the face, almost as if his move didn't effect Caleb at all. He just countered it like it was nothing. The kick made him not only let go of his grip, but it also made him stumble backwards, causing Kerei to become unsteady. If he was unsteady and stunned, this could lead to him becoming unstable. He tried to shake this stunned feeling, but it wouldn't go away. It was quite the kick, that was for sure.

xpstitch xpstitch

R.I.P R.I.P

Caleb sort of cartwheeled backwards back to face him again. He was sloppy on this one but good enough. He quickly got into a sort of sideways horsestance position. As quick as he was in it, he was already driving himself forward. He had pulled both arms backwards under his armpits. In another situation this might be a dangerous thing to do but it felt appropriate for this. As he lurched forward he drove his sidefacing fist toward the guy's stomach, his leg also having lurched forward and landed with a firm thud in front of him.

This guy was a Muay Thai type guy so it's definitely within the realm of possibility that he would just clench or something to block it. But he saw his kick had caused him to be unsteady. There was a slight chance this would work. If not, it mattered little. He had to stick to his guns. Whether or not it hit, he didn't pause and wait to see. He immediately followed it with another explosive lurch forward and another sidefacing punch, this one towards his chin.

He was a bit rusty at this hung gar type thing but he was okay. His balance and footwork could use some work. It was a tricky maneuver. But he did okay. His expertise on making the most powerful of its punches having been lost to him. Now it was just time to see if either punch landed.

'Damnit, there isn't enough time to block both attacks.'

Kirei, out of reflex, blocked the punch that was coming towards his stomach, but when he felt the other one land on his chin, he knew that his stunned self was about to go into blackout-mode. It hit him and it hit hard, causing him to fall to the side and hit his head on the ground.

"Hehehahahah. C'mon Kirei, you can't do nothing on your own.."

A voice rung in his head, in his unconscious state.

"No.. I don't need you... I don't need to rely on you."

"It doesn't matter now. You're no longer in control!"

xpstitch xpstitch

R.I.P R.I.P

Caleb saw him go down and began to walk bagua circles around him in preparation for any coming attacks. He was down, but that didn't mean he was DONE. He made sure to stay cautious and light on his feet in order to dodge any attacks that may come at him.

He analyzed Kirei to see what kind of damage he had done and whether he was done or not. He had to see if he had won, but even more so, he had to make sure the guy was alright. He didn't think the coaches wanted them knocked out. This was sparring, not a competitive match. They weren't going for any medals or awards. They weren't being graded on this so there was no shame in Kirei losing.

Perhaps he would call it a match. And if not, hopefully the teachers would. He wasn't the type to assume he had won. But he could feel him in bad shape. He might still have fight left in him, but he hoped the guy could give it to him. If he didn't, he was going to push himself too far and get knocked out. His two options were to call it a match, or win. The third option being K.O.... By far the worst of the options.

Kirei's hand twitched a little, before grabbing the floor beneath it, causing it to dent a little as his fingers dragged back into a fist. Purple bandages began to form all around his body whilst he was still on the ground, wrapping all around his form as if they were entangling him. Once his body was fully wrapped up, he began to grow much larger and muscular, along with his fingers turning into large, black claws. The same thing happened with his feet, razor sharp claws extending. The creature pushed it's self to its feet, it's claws digging into the ground as it tilted it's head to the side, eyeing Caleb.

A loud, screech-like roaring echoed throughout the air as a black mist began to form around the arena, quickly obscuring everyone's view. Noticing this, the teacher had told students to stay behind him. The creature charged towards Caleb on all fours, animalistic grunts emitting from it's mouth as it's talons scrapped the floor.

As the other students tried looking on, it was like all of there energy was being zapped from them, Including the teacher. None the less though, he used a form of barrier magic to seal him in, just before he could reach Caleb. The creature hit the barrier, just in front of Caleb's face, sharp teeth on display as it clawed at the barriers wall.

xpstitch xpstitch

R.I.P R.I.P

Caleb knew he and this guy were strangers. But this was what he was good at. He focused his mind on the creature and delved into Kirei's being.

"Hey friend, need a hand?" He asked the part of Kirei that was still inside him.

Kirei could sense that it was a friendly presence. He could feel the beast aspect's influence being pushed aside by the entity. His spirit reached out to Kirei's own, wanting them to combine strengths to get the beast back in its cage (so to speak). Kirei could sense that this presence was here to help.

"If you let me, I can help you get this thing back under control" he added.

This the type of thing Caleb used to do all the time. He used to perform exorcisms of all kinds. So he knew if they combined powers they could get that thing under control once more. He could do it by himself, but it was safer and better this way. Better that he not beat somebody else's demons into submission. It would be preferable to instead help them beat their own demons.

Juleus

I had sleep almost the whole day in the dormitory.
"Well, time to do something..."
You see I am more of a night owl... so I am rarely on time for class.
I walked down the hall. 'I wonder if anyone will notice...'
I decided to go sit outside in the sunshine.

(sorry for being late... I had some stuff to do T^T)
(Btw what time is it in the rp and whats happening?)

Arian Takedo

Arian was in Art class drawing church buildings with black dogs guarding the front entrances. He was tired and had his silver-blonde hair up in a bun with his bangs getting into his blue eyes. He had been drawing for quite some time and was in a pleasant mood while sipping some honey ginseng tea. He noticed a young male walk into the classroom and smiled a bit before returning to his drawing. He was drawing old memories of when he first died and came back as a Church Grim in Northern England. His master at the time was an old priest who needed a guard dog and even though he was slightly larger than your average dog with glowing eyes, the old priest didn't mind because at least his church and the souls who rested in the back would finally get a small reprieve from the grave robbers who had been sneaking around the past year or so. Such fond memories. Arian was right there next to his master's side till the old priest finally died in his sleep due to his old age. Arian couldn't help the small smile and tiny tear in the corner of his eye as he was adding the final touches of his drawing. The priest.
Imapeople000 Imapeople000

Mei Rinsaku
Mei looked around at the various people, viewing their abilities. Most of them were pretty normal, teleporting, shapeshifting, etc. Pretty much everyone was human. However, he stopped when he saw a young man. He noticed that his power was shapeshifting, which was pretty normal. However, he wasn’t listed as a human. It said canine/apparition. Interested, Mei began to try and find more data on him. His background wasn’t very large, only noting that he was from Northern England. Mei went back to the general overview, and blinked for a moment. He did a double take when he looked at status. The status was listed as, deceased. Mei was pretty confused, and wasn’t able to find realistically anything that would make sense on him.

Mei looked over to the teacher, and the teacher nodded back at him. They had sort of a mental link(not literally), and they were pretty good at interpreting each other’s looks.

Mei scribbled on a piece of paper for a bit, before walking over to the man, tapping his shoulder, and handing him the paper.

Excuse me. I realize this might be an odd question, but what are you? Again, I know this is weird, but you’re... it doesn’t make sense. You’re not human, and you’re dead.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty

Juleus

I had sleep almost the whole day in the dormitory.
"Well, time to do something..."
You see I am more of a night owl... so I am rarely on time for class.
I walked down the hall. 'I wonder if anyone will notice...'
I decided to go sit outside in the sunshine.

(sorry for being late... I had some stuff to do T^T)
(Btw what time is it in the rp and whats happening?)

Currently first period. Most people are in class, or are skipping.

Characters in class are: Caleb, Kirei, Mei, & Arian
Characters skipping are: Constantine

Caleb & Kirei are in gym, Mei & Arian are in art, and Constantine is wandering the halls. For reference to whom these characters are, bios are in the character list at the top of the page.

Arian Takedo

Arian had finished his drawing when the young male had walked over and tapped him and handed him a note. He smiled as he read it, he sipped his tea one more time before looking up at the male into his stark, flaxen (yellow) eyes. He thought about how to approach the subject of what he was carefully, he didn't want to scare the guy who seemed kind. Sure. Blunt. However, he enjoyed the way the guy came out and just asked what he was curious about.

"Well. I'm a Church Grim. I'm not human. No. I am one of the fae. In fact, I was a dog who was buried alive due to superstitions of the old British Isles who then came back to life to relive and serve the church that I was buried at. The place in question was Lancashire. Lancaster in North West England."

Arian had rambled and he blushed in embarrassment. He was honest to a fault. Sometimes that was good, but sometimes it was terrible because he could never tell a lie. He was awful at it. He preferred honesty over lying because honesty, even if it might hurt the person, was better than having guilt swell in one's throat and chest.

"I hope I answered your question? My name is Arian Takedo. You can call me Arian or Ari for short."

Arian had never once looked away from those golden eyes as he spoke to the male and after he was finished speaking he gestured towards the empty seat next to him.

"Would you like to sit with me for this class period?"

Mei Rinsaku
Mei cocked his head at the young man as he talked. He seemed to be randomly moving his fingers, if you looked at his hands. The movements allowed him to send signals to his mask, which allowed him to make notes. Since he was property of the government, he had access to the database, and had tinkered with it enough to be able to edit it. He wrote down what the man said, and nodded in approval.

Mei stared at him for a long time before sitting down. He wrote on the piece of paper again.

I suppose. My name’s Mei.

Mei looked at the boy for a long time again, wondering. He knew about faes already, but had no knowledge of the church grims. He searched around for the church grims in the database, but wasn’t able to find a lot. Mei realized the entire time, he had been staring at the boy, and he looked away, his face turning slightly red.
“Sorry...” he said, very quietly.

Arian Takedo

The young male was fidgeting quite a bit with his hands and Arian couldn't help but be a bit curious as to why, nerves? Mental connections that could only be developed if he moved his hands in certain patterns? Whatever it was it fascinated Arian and he wanted to ask why the male was moving his fingers so much, but thought it to be to rude of a question to ask from the male.

"No don't apologize." Arian was quiet too. So, his name was Mei. Cute, if a bit quiet but Arian was quiet too.

"I could try to tell you more of what I know about being a Church Grim. I know they aren't really common."

Arian chuckled a bit, but class had begun and he became focused on the lesson at hand. Occasionally Arian would look over at Mei as if to check up on how he was doing, but Mei seemed totally at ease here in the art room. Arian quickly focused again and kept up with the teacher on note taking. Line, composition, form, shape, design. All basic principles of art was retaught in case anyone was behind from last year, but Arian had studied over the summer to catch up with the classes that he needed over here instead of in Britain.
Drawing. They had to draw what their summer was like. Easy, he was travelling across the country first by foot then by plane. So, he drew a night sky with a plane going off into the distance while down below on the rolling hills and in the forests, a large black dog was walking with his head down low. Another fond memory, if a sore one. He remembered the blisters he had on his paws for weeks afterward. Since they were drawing, they had a bit of free time to talk and get to know one another.

"So, are you a first year student? What classes did you sign up for?"

Arian was soft spoken in his questions to Mei and he didn't even raise his head from his work. However, that did not mean that Arian wasn't paying attention, he was just multi-tasking to get his work done before the class period was over.

Mei Rinsaku
Mei nodded and sat down, smiling a small bit(although it was currently impossible to see due to parts of his mask blocking his mouth.). He looked over when he mentioned more information about the Grims. He wrote,
It’d be lovely, sometime. However, I think we’re starting class now.

Mei looked at the teacher as she talked. It didn’t seem like he was taking notes, but once again, he was moving his fingers and taking notes digitally and storing them in his mask’s database. He would print them out later, but he knew what the teacher was talking about, so he considered not doing it.

Mei heard about drawing the summer, and thought. He didn’t do much during the summer. All he did was walk aimlessly, taking a break about once every three days to go eat something. He didn’t even talk to anyone, really. He thought for a moment, and decided to draw some of the places he had been to. He had walked quite long distances, so he had seen a lot of different places and landmarks. He began to make somewhat of an abstract drawing. He made an ink bottle as if it was spilling its contents, however the different places and landmarks he had scene were in the ink. He was able to draw pretty accurately, due to being able to bring up images of the places he was drawing.

Mei looked over at Arian as he talked. He began to write with one hand, and draw with the other. Due to his heightened senses, he was able to do both well, without losing too much speed(although he was a bit slower).

No, I’m second year. I’m doing AP English 2, Honors Trigonometry, Honors Chemistry, and Government. I’m also doing metalworking.

Mei thought it was a bit silly he was taking government, considering his past experiences, but he thought it was better than basic history.

In Kirei's mind, his subconscious was trapped inside of a cage, only just big enough for him to fit inside. Usually, it'd be the other way around, the monster would be inside. But when he was stunned by surprise and knocked to the ground, the balance of control shifted and the monster escaped. When he had heard a voice, his brain was sending signals to create a vision of some sorts. In this vision, Kirei could see Caleb (Since he recognised his voice) standing there, asking if he needed any help. Was this real? Was what his power could do? He didn't know. But it was something to trust.

"If you let me help you, I can help you get this thing under control."

Kirei didn't like asking for help, he was too stubborn. But in this situation, lives were at risk and the longer the teacher remained inside of the mist, the faster his energy was draining, which was going to make the barrier weaker at some point. So, he sucked it up and asked for help... Just this one time.

"Alright... How do I get it under control?"

He asked, looking through the bars of the cage towards Caleb, nothing else but a black background filling the room, although, it wasn't dark.

xpstitch xpstitch

Juleus Calcous Dixon

As I woke up in the slow warmth I realised I was about to get burned. I ran quickly to the shaded tree to cool off.
"I may need to get some ice..."
As I wandered back to my dorm I realised first period had already started.
'Do I have art next? Doesn't matter right now, I need ice!'
I quickly walked to my room, grabbed an ice pack, shoved it into the front pocket of my overalls and ran to art.
I nocked on the door and rushed into the room
"S... sorry..."
I weased.

R.I.P R.I.P

"Well first help me get you out of this cage" Caleb instructed.

"I can do that all myself but it's more beneficial if you contribute" he said, hoping he wouldn't ask too many time consuming questions.

He did the spiritual equivalent of using his powers like a magic key to try to open the lock on the cage.

"Slam against the door as hard as you can, it'll help the lock get unstuck enough for you to get free" he explained as he fidgeted with the key in the rusty lock.

He hoped he understood the idea of what he was doing and would do as was told. After getting him out, wrestling the beast back inside the cage should be no problem. If he helped. Caleb, he would get stronger for it.

Arian Takedo

Arian looked at the piece of paper.

"A second year huh? I transferred so, technically I am also a second year, but they wanted me to start as a first."

AP English 2.
That was interesting considering he was taking one and two and a foreign language which was Korean. Arian yawned and laid his head on his arm. Last night had been tiring. The principle or headmaster of this high school or academy had inquired him to serve the school as their night guard. After all, Arian had four years of experience back in Lancashire and didn't mind helping double the security to not only protect the students, but to protect the humans as well. Last night a couple who wanted to go hiking to see a particular constellation of stars wound up getting lost. Arian had to transform into his human form and guide them back to the main highway.

The couple were grateful and said what a kind gentleman he was, but Arian said it was no trouble since he too had been heading home from sight-seeing. He watched Mei draw for quite some time till his eyelids began to droop from exhaustion. Shortly after he fell asleep but not before Arian had a brief though that hopefully Mei didn't think him to be a slacker or rude when he fell asleep. Thankfully, AP English 2 was one of his afternoon classes seeing as he needed his mornings free to regain his strength and the lost sleep from the night before. Arian had been dreaming about his old master. Father Jacobs was a wonderful old priest who was the first man to give Arian a purpose to serve the church, the first one to give him tea and recollect stories of old and some new. It was a troubling time when Father Jacobs got sick, even more so when Arian refused to leave his side. He had become a friend and true companion, he was letting out little puffs of air that were a form of light snoring when another male rushed into the room wheezing from the exertion from running here to class.

Arian opened one sky-blue eye his silver blonde bangs and messy bun a sign of just how unkempt he had been patrolling the night before and huffed before turning his head away from the door with a wave of his fingers at the guy.

"It's fine. Sure, you are late, but the assignment is to draw what you did over the summer. I'm sure the professor won't mind you being late." Arian mumbled lightly to the young gentleman before returning to his sleep next to Mei.

Imapeople000 Imapeople000 Phoenix Dixon Phoenix Dixon

Mei Rinsaku
Mei looked over at Arian as he laid his head down and began to sleep. He smiled to himself, having a short, quiet laugh. Mei was able to usually go about two days without sleep, and he had slept the night before, just in case the day held some particularly extenuating tasks for him. He examined Arian as he slept, his head cocked to the side. He looked at his hair for a moment, then shot his sight towards the door as it opened.

Mei was startled a bit from the person rushing in as so. He immediately went into sort of a defense mode, his mask winded out a series of metal bars. They moved around him like thread flying through the air, covering his face except for his eyes. Mei stopped for a moment, and realized what just happened. The metal bars slowly retracted, leaving Mei’s face uncovered and quite red. He looked around for a moment, with a placid, yet piercing gaze. Most people looked away, however, this left Mei’s embarrassment at no lower a level.

He slowly looked back to the student who had rushed in, and nodded towards him. He turned back to his drawing and slowly continued.

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Phoenix Dixon Phoenix Dixon

Juleus Calcous Dixon

I nodded to the to the student who was now asleep
"Thank you..."
I slowly walked toward a place to sit taking out my ice pack and placing it on my head.
'This should do quite nicely...'
I looked over at the masked guy. He was a bit red from the incident with the bars.
'I wonder what his problem is? Oh well, what did I do this holidays?'

My mind drifted to the summer... I was obvious staying at the school dormitory staying indoors in the extreme cold. My air-con blasting and icrecream in hand.

'Well... the only good thing was the sky looked pretty...'
I started to draw a big blue sky with fluffy clouds, a single cat looking up.
'Next I should draw the stars... they looked very pretty under the telescope this time...'

PastelBeauty PastelBeauty Imapeople000 Imapeople000

Yuuma, predictably was running late for organising his dorm. It took him ages to organise anything from his minute height... his prosthetic lower body wouldn't be ready for quite a while so he had to haul everything on his skateboard.

When he had finally organised everything, he wheeled himself down to the battleground, resting against the wall

xpstitch xpstitch ( Sorry, but I cant rp anymore. My laptop screen just fucked up and I cant rp on my phone because it's so long. again I'm sorry, but. )

Arian woke up as the bell rang. Class was dismissed so he turned in his drawing to the teacher and then turned back to Mei.

"Hey I hope to see you around."

Arian was going to his dorm room, he needed to unpack everything, set up meal times for himself during the evenings and make sure that the school staff knew of his situation with serving the school as their night time security guard. Arian shared his dorm with another male, there was an ashtray and a pack of cigarettes, but nothing to out of the ordinary.
Move in day was officially underway considering Arian had his key and the wi-fi password. Training was a mandatory class for first year students but it was only offered in the mornings and there was no way in hell that Arian would be awake to even get up for the class on time. He would have to speak to the headmaster/mistress about that class. Perhaps having a private tutor or session in the evening? Also, since his kind often became familiars to witches/magis or sorcerers he needed to also set up meetings to meet with the student populates that were officially ready within their training to create a bond and contract with him in order to have a familiar.

In European folklore and folk-belief of the Medieval and Early Modern periods, familiar spirits (sometimes referred to simply as "familiars" or "animal guides") were believed to be supernatural entities that would assist witches their practice of magic. In some cases, the magical practitioner then made an agreement or entered a pact with their familiar spirit. The length of time that the witch or cunning person worked with their familiar spirit varied between a few weeks through to a number of decades. His services were made for the rest of the witch/ or magi's life. Till they died, he would serve them wholeheartedly. Mei, wasn't of magi descent, so he couldn't serve him, however, there were no such rules against Arian being Mei's friend. Arian frowned as he was in deep concentration.

There were about 100 students known to be of magical descent and the guy he was roomed with was one of them. Meetings for familiars took place in about a week's time, so naturally the principle of the school would let the magi know that they needed to schedule a meeting to look for their familiars in order to continue their magical studies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back