• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy You're the hero! (and so are they!) (CLOSED)

Should there be one primary hero throughout the role play or should all heroes be respected equally?

• Primary (let's add a harem tag)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Equal (harems should just die)

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

That Lass Over There

Constant Panic

Earth. April 1st, 2017. Several high schools of unspecified nationality.

I hope you enjoyed whatever time you spent there, because you aren't getting back. I think.

You find yourself in a white void, in front of you a black ball that is speaking to you.

"Hero, you have been summoned to another world to be a savior. A cruel practice, but I will help you. Name one thing, and I shall give it to you to the best of my ability. A skill, an item, knowledge..."

"Hero-" The girl in an expensive dress that looked to be about your age came to an awkward pause, gazing around you before continuing. "-es, thank you for answering our call. We need your help to save our race!"

--------

Oh boy, here it is... Another attempt from me to GM. This is gonna be fun to watch... Oh wait, I'm an actor...

Hello everybody! I'm here without any mind-boggling BBCode to tell you my heart has recovered enough to make me want to sink myself yet again into the S&M role we politely call "God-awful Mother****er", or GM for short.

Did my personality scare you off? No? Okay, that's great. So, to the nitty gritty since you seem to be interested.

- I am only accepting four players. A large group is hard to manage for me, and it also makes it easier for me to be selective in who I accept.

- One character to each player. The only player characters will be heroes unless I get a really super interesting proposition, and everything else is me or temporarily controlled by players. We're on a one-way train track to hell here. (or, well, the demon lord's castle at least.)

- I don't have a minimum post length. I have a minimum post quality. I've seen some of the best posts be one liners and some of the worst be seven paragraphs long. What constitutes quality? How much can be derived, of course. You can go and write a novel, but then people don't have anything to do. They're too meek to tell you you done goofed. Boom. Role play dead.

- This is, in the end, me parodying the ever rising Isekai genre in Japanese entertainment. I don't expect you to know the stuff, but I do appreciate people who would get the truck-san load of jokes and references.

- Big, overpowered characters + no dice = OOC discussion. I expect you to converse about things and point accusing fingers before coming to me with the "that's not possible!" complaint.

- I expect you to follow my word questioningly. Every time I give you the GM shtick and you think something is wrong, sock me in the face with it. Do back down when I say I can't explain though, because it normally means I'm trying to save the integrity of hidden facets of the world and characters.

Last edited:
Hmmmm... I never did a roleplay like this before. So, hey. I'll give it a whirl.

And maybe this'll rekindle my flame for RPing again.

Oooooh, it's been a while since I've bothered to read or watch anything from this genre, but this RP just sparked my craving again. I'd be more than interested, hehe.

Just one question (for now), though. Is there a particular reason why the date is set as April 1st? I mean, April Fools'. o - o

Oooooh, it's been a while since I've bothered to read or watch anything from this genre, but this RP just sparked my craving again. I'd be more than interested, hehe.

Just one question (for now), though. Is there a particular reason why the date is set as April 1st? I mean, April Fools'. o - o
To be honest? It's 100% for comedy's sake. I mean, think of that, for all the characters know they might have just fallen victim to the very best prank in prank history.

Well, the whole; I'm only accepting 4 people(bl a h...bl a h...bl a h) S & M/evil GM (Yada, Yada) You don't need to know this genre, but you better laugh at its jokes(etc) Any takers? Is kinda intimidating to some people.

Also the fact that I just watched/browsed, Mondaiji-tachi ga isekai kara kuru sô desu yo? Is probably the main reason I'm interested this.

Well, the whole; I'm only accepting 4 people(bl a h...bl a h...bl a h) S & M/evil GM (Yada, Yada) You don't need to know this genre, but you better laugh at its jokes(etc) Any takers? Is kinda intimidating to some people.

Also the fact that I just watched/browsed, Mondaiji-tachi ga isekai kara kuru sô desu yo? Is probably the main reason I joined this.
A quality taste you have there.

Yeah, I know it's intimidating, but it's best to get that out of the way. It's just how I am and how I talk, and I don't want people who are going to spend the entire roleplay intimidated by me and my peculiar ways. It won't be as fun for them or anyone else. Still, it always surprises me how few people can get past that/realize that I'm joking around.

Not saying that I'm joining (as I'm unable to due to schedule reasons), but dragonsfire has a point. Another thing that might be keeping some people from popping in to state their interest is probably the fact that there's not much you revealed about the plot here, and everything more or less seems very general, so this RP might not be as appealing to those who don't really know much of what to expect since they haven't watched things like Mondaiji-tachi and Re:ZERO, read light novels like World Customize Creator and Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru, and whatever else this genre encompasses.
Just a passing opinion, since most of the people here seem to have come due to having delved in the genre before.

Everyone's like "Konosuba" and I'm like "I didn't watch that or make it far into the light novels, but sure, Konosuba!"

It's fairly similar except you have to die before getting sent to the other world. But the goddesses/gods give people either an item or skill that they need to use to defeat the demon lord or whatever. It's been a bit since I watched the first season and haven't seen season 2 yet, but ultimately this has a lot of the same qualities.

It's fairly similar except you have to die before getting sent to the other world. But the goddesses/gods give people either an item or skill that they need to use to defeat the demon lord or whatever. It's been a bit since I watched the first season and haven't seen season 2 yet, but ultimately this has a lot of the same qualities.
Honestly, my main inspiration was Konjiki no Wordmaster + Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken + Nidome no Yuusha.

Also, Konosuba is definitely not the first or only Isekai novel, so not everything is a Konosuba copy -,-

Honestly, my main inspiration was Konjiki no Wordmaster + Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken + Nidome no Yuusha.

Also, Konosuba is definitely not the first or only Isekai novel, so not everything is a Konosuba copy -,-

I know that much, I'm not calling everything that. I'm just saying that it's similar because of the fact that's the most recent one I've seen.

Looks like I'm too late for this interesting roleplay!
But I'm just gonna express my interest so I can see how awesome everyone is in the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back