Your Roleplay Resolutions

Mordecai

the traitorous queen

It's that time, kids!

The special time of year when we all begin to contemplate resolutions we will make on January 1st and, promptly, abandon come February 1st! So, in light of that, I decided to open up a discussion for us to contemplate what our resolutions for 2016 will be. Not just any resolutions, mind you, but roleplaying resolutions!

What's a roleplaying resolution, you ask? It's simple: it's a goal you'd like to achieve in your roleplay writing during the year of 2016. Maybe it's something little, like improving your spelling or your post frequency. Maybe it's something big, like writing a post over 1,000 words in length!

3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I resolve to actually start my own roleplay . I have only gm'ed tabletop (D&D 3.5), and it was only one very long campaign. That said, I've never done it on the internet or for a text-based roleplay. I can do it.

It's marked at humor because she's laughing at our pathetic resolutions.

That being said, I resolve to post two in-character posts a week.

welian said:
It's marked at humor because she's laughing at our pathetic resolutions.
That being said, I resolve to post two in-character posts a week.
Watch her laugh when I slap that first rp up, yeah look at me I'm doing a great job.....oh....no one's posting?.....dead in a week...really?...what... *weeps*

Tronethiel7 said:
Watch her laugh when I slap that first rp up, yeah look at me I'm doing a great job.....oh....no one's posting?.....dead in a week...really?...what... *weeps*
OMG start a roleplay? *begins to hyperventilate* I'm terrified of it.

Mordecai said:
OMG start a roleplay? *begins to hyperventilate* I'm terrified of it.
Indeed, this is the thread of weeping for what never was and what never shall be.

Tronethiel7 said:
Indeed, this is the thread of weeping for what never was and what never shall be.
Wow. That's really depressing. Hm, as much as I would love to start a group roleplay, I doubt I ever will. So, my roleplay resolution will, instead, be to learn to control my commas a bit more. I tend to overuse commas and have paragraph-long run ons. Haha.

My goal is to NOT join everything that is even remotely interesting and/or is run by someone I like. xD

In more concrete terms, I'm limiting myself to five ongoing roleplays at a time.

I also reeeaalllyyyy want to make Atlantis happen, @Elle Joyner ( :P )

I'm mainly hoping to host an actually successful group roleplay.

Hahaha...

*Clears throat* In the realm of a more... Reasonable scope, I'm gonna try not to overextend myself like I did last year. Almost twice, even.

To stop referencing Gurren Lagann in my posts

I just have to believe in the me that believes in me!

Mine would probably to finally learn dice roleplays! And maybe join my first nation-building RP as well

Semblance said:
Mine would probably to finally learn dice roleplays!
That.

I always scurry away when it comes to dice roleplays. I don't want to piss people off because of my incompetence, but next year, screw their feelings. If I suck, then I suck but I'll finally know how to RP in a dice roleplay!

Nateorious said:
That.
I always scurry away when it comes to dice roleplays. I don't want to piss people off because of my incompetence, but next year, screw their feelings. If I suck, then I suck but I'll finally know how to RP in a dice roleplay!
Ahaha that's the spirit! I'll probably finally try to figure the dice stuff out over winter break or something. Tag me if you decide to join any interesting dice RPs and we can piss people off with our incompetence together? :)

Semblance said:
Ahaha that's the spirit! I'll probably finally try to figure the dice stuff out over winter break or something. Tag me if you decide to join any interesting dice RPs and we can piss people off with our incompetence together? :)
Of course. We'll drive them insane together while we laugh at our attempt of a betterment in a dic rp :)

I hope to be a little more detailed with my posts. I always feel like I don't add enough content in posts (Specifically in other places, as I just joined this forum and I'm still keeping an eye out for RPs to join here), and I really want to try changing that soon.

I resolute to improve the detail of my RP combat. I've always lost out to others in the past due to being shy about it, so I plan to improve that aspect in writing while also working to improve the overall quality of my posts.

Less commas. Please. I abuse the comma key and I'm so ashamed--

Oh, and explore a new genre.

I also really want to start a casual roleplay group here, and maybe set up a group on skype or something where we could talk and plot and joke to ease tension and be more comfortable with one another.

SilverSanctuaries said:
Less commas. Please. I abuse the comma key and I'm so ashamed--
Oh, and explore a new genre.

I also really want to start a casual roleplay group here, and maybe set up a group on skype or something where we could talk and plot and joke to ease tension and be more comfortable with one another.
I use way too many commas as well.. I just can't seem to end my sentences sometimes..

Try to make bigger posts. It's currently difficult for me to write several paragraphs, and sometimes I leave or don't join RPs at all mainly because I feel like I am going to disappoint the other RPers by making smaller posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back