Anime & Manga Your Most Hated Anime, ever

I would, but the way the series executed it was just ... that. An execution. As in, kill me now because it's too much cringe. From what I remember (I couldn't get past episode 12-ish), most of the episodes just revolve around Kirito walking around being quiet and mysterious, being able to off the Bad Guys in about 10 frames as his statuesque self charms the panties off Cute Girl of the Week. For comparison, .hack//Sign and Log Horizon both rely on similar premises -- except they're done right, and you actually feel for the characters.

that isn't what happens dude. He actually is a speed/strength build. Hence how he can dual wield, and swing so fast. The only reason he is so strong also is cause he is over the top level beta tester. IF you listened at the start you would have known that. Also he only charms about three people. Which aren't really charmed. the only three he charmed is due to his actions. Asuna for his amazing skills, sinon for his ability to protect her, and keep her stable. and that one dead girl. Which we don't know why yet. Everyone gives so much shit to anime. Without thinking really. It is starting to become a nearly OCD reaction for me to hate it. also. Log horizon wasn't as good as people said it was. The people started out with a personality and they got stuck with it. start to finish. the smart guy, the perv who is one sided. the sweet loving ninja . and... the blondie. I forget their names. because they don't have a notable personality growth or anything to me. The fact that I know SAO'S characters more when I watched it three years before log horizon. ... is bad. Like I am not even in a community for it. they just are more identifiable. due to them actually being ... dynamic. Do you know why asuna didn't fight back? because she couldn't. The guy controlled the game. He disabled her combat. So she couldn't harm him or his minions. But he didn't think she would find a way out of the cage.

that isn't what happens dude. He actually is a speed/strength build. Hence how he can dual wield, and swing so fast. The only reason he is so strong also is cause he is over the top level beta tester. IF you listened at the start you would have known that. Also he only charms about three people. Which aren't really charmed. the only three he charmed is due to his actions. Asuna for his amazing skills, sinon for his ability to protect her, and keep her stable. and that one dead girl. Which we don't know why yet. Everyone gives so much shit to anime. Without thinking really. It is starting to become a nearly OCD reaction for me to hate it. also. Log horizon wasn't as good as people said it was. The people started out with a personality and they got stuck with it. start to finish. the smart guy, the perv who is one sided. the sweet loving ninja . and... the blondie. I forget their names. because they don't have a notable personality growth or anything to me. The fact that I know SAO'S characters more when I watched it three years before log horizon. ... is bad. Like I am not even in a community for it. they just are more identifiable. due to them actually being ... dynamic. Do you know why asuna didn't fight back? because she couldn't. The guy controlled the game. He disabled her combat. So she couldn't harm him or his minions. But he didn't think she would find a way out of the cage.

No, no. I vaguely remember that. He was called ... a beater or something, which is still hilarious to my perpetually immature mind.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't really matter if there's a reason why he's OP. The point is barely anything is a challenge to him anymore. It makes me not want to root for him. Just reeks of wish-fulfillment, that's all.

As for Log Horizon (and everything else, I'm assuming), we'll just have to agree to disagree. Static characters aren't necessarily bad. To an extent, it's even forgivable, because the series' focus is more on plot and lore. Character development/introspection are okay, but they're not everything. In fact, doing it in excess could be annoying. I'm getting flashbacks of Attack on Titan episodes where it's like 95% Armin thinking about how traumatised he is, and 5% something actually happening.

P.S.
There's no need to take it personally. I don't hate all of anime. I just think SAO sucks, and if you like it, then that's fine. I'm not judging you for it. I'm just stating my opinion.

No, no. I vaguely remember that. He was called ... a beater or something, which is still hilarious to my perpetually immature mind.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't really matter if there's a reason why he's OP. The point is barely anything is a challenge to him anymore. It makes me not want to root for him. Just reeks of wish-fulfillment, that's all.

As for Log Horizon (and everything else, I'm assuming), we'll just have to agree to disagree. Static characters aren't necessarily bad. To an extent, it's even forgivable, because the series' focus is more on plot and lore. Character development/introspection are okay, but they're not everything. In fact, doing it in excess could be annoying. I'm getting flashbacks of Attack on Titan episodes where it's like 95% Armin thinking about how traumatised he is, and 5% something actually happening.

P.S.
There's no need to take it personally. I don't hate all of anime. I just think SAO sucks, and if you like it, then that's fine. I'm not judging you for it. I'm just stating my opinion.
I am not saying I like it. I just hate how people just shit on it. Also. Alot of things do challenge him. He almost dies when he gets into boss fights and such. infact. That is common in rpg's . Even WoW is like that. You don't really have any trouble on your own. until you get to a boss. hell. soloing is pretty normal still in WoW. So of course it seems like he is over powered. But really, he just knows how to play the game. if someone is bad. it's cause they DON'T know how to play. like seriously. that bandana guy. ( forgot his name cause he only appears like 3 times in the main series. ) takes down the boars with like 3 hits. and only one of them a skill. The game is easy in the over world. but stupid hard in the dungeons. You just didn't realize this, because you didn't truly give it a chance. you just viewed it. Not watched it.

I am not saying I like it. I just hate how people just shit on it. Also. Alot of things do challenge him. He almost dies when he gets into boss fights and such. infact. That is common in rpg's . Even WoW is like that. You don't really have any trouble on your own. until you get to a boss. hell. soloing is pretty normal still in WoW. So of course it seems like he is over powered. But really, he just knows how to play the game. if someone is bad. it's cause they DON'T know how to play. like seriously. that bandana guy. ( forgot his name cause he only appears like 3 times in the main series. ) takes down the boars with like 3 hits. and only one of them a skill. The game is easy in the over world. but stupid hard in the dungeons. You just didn't realize this, because you didn't truly give it a chance. you just viewed it. Not watched it.

I don't really remember much of the series anymore -- ya know how memory repression works -- but from what I remember, that dude was just horribly OP compared to his peers. That's the thing that matters, so I wasn't about to give him a pass even if, as a veteran of several MMO's, I know that some levels/maps are certainly solo-able. Anyway, I don't really feel like rewatching the series just to argue my own points, so let's just agree to disagree.

For the record, I did give it a chance. The anime was recommended to me by someone who was just head over heels with the series, so if anything, I came in expecting that I was in for something good. I had no idea that some people were hating on it. But then I watched it, and just happened to fall into that category. So please, just stop assuming things. Not everyone's going to like the same things as you, and it's just a fact of life.

I don't really remember much of the series anymore -- ya know how memory repression works -- but from what I remember, that dude was just horribly OP compared to his peers. That's the thing that matters, so I wasn't about to give him a pass even if, as a veteran of several MMO's, I know that some levels/maps are certainly solo-able. Anyway, I don't really feel like rewatching the series just to argue my own points, so let's just agree to disagree.

For the record, I did give it a chance. The anime was recommended to me by someone who was just head over heels with the series, so if anything, I came in expecting that I was in for something good. I had no idea that some people were hating on it. But then I watched it, and just happened to fall into that category. So please, just stop assuming things. Not everyone's going to like the same things as you, and it's just a fact of life.
just saying I don't expect level 46's to beat a level 80 ( which is what happens. the group that didn't even phase kirito where level 40's. he was level 80 at the time. ) he is a reasonable op. that is all I have left to say. I get people have opinions , but bending the truth... as your reason just sorta of is bad. alot of people do that. have a good night. Also, if you want a good anime : made in abyss. Sure it is a bit weird.. but if you over look it's slightly weirdness. It has a good idea.

lol his cousin likes kirito's type: nice people who help people. Even if doesn't help them. I have cat eyes. I see things yall don't. also. KIRITO. DIDN'T. LIKE. HIS. COUSIN. JESUS.

actually. HE hates her for that.

... SIEG CAN'T HAVE A BACK STORY. that is all. also they all change throughout the story if you actually look.

* cough. * The reason he only can steal panties is due to his perversion. He has a high luck stat. What he deems as getting lucky... is infact stealing their panties. Darkness is also a severe masochist. It is her core, infact she litterally. BECAME A CRUSADER TO FURR FILL HER KINK. SHE STATES IT HERSELF. Also, as you go on, you learn about megumin and darkness a bit. But you were too busy staring at the plot weren't you... OH WELL. MEgumin actually makes the least sense as her class. WHY DOESN'T SHE GET ANY MORE MANA AS SHE LEVELS. AQUA IS THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T GET STAT BOOSTS. quiet frankly. They could have done better about that. Maybe she can fire off two later? Also. Aqua does grow slightly. She doesn't hate kazuma as much anymore. And infact is more into adventuring later. That is all. I hope you enjoyed me pointing out what I saw.
I mean, it's not like I didn't watch anything? I saw the first season and the first OVA and then the first two episodes of the second season, plus skimming the other episodes. All you say of course can be justified in the world of the anime because they created it like that, I just think what they created and how they justified is shit. Yes, he's a pervert. Stealing panties is so annoying and boring, not to mention uselessly sexualizing all the female characters, even Megumin who is a fucking kid (well, more kid than the others lmao); Darkness being a masochist is also super annoying and it's basically the only trait she has (and they repeat whatever she says about that everytime she talks!).
And it's obvious that Megumin can only fire off one because that's the joke or something of the sort lmao. Plus, I can't believe they literally did the toad thing again in season 2? I do think Aqua should hate Kazuma as much as possible though, the guy literally is a fucking pervert who brought her into that world and somehow levels super easily (i mean, how they gain 'abilities' is super bullshit, not to mention why is Kazuma only ever trying to do so?). When Kazuma died when he didn't let down his sword against the Shogun of Ice was funny tho.

I mean, it's not like I didn't watch anything? I saw the first season and the first OVA and then the first two episodes of the second season, plus skimming the other episodes. All you say of course can be justified in the world of the anime because they created it like that, I just think what they created and how they justified is shit. Yes, he's a pervert. Stealing panties is so annoying and boring, not to mention uselessly sexualizing all the female characters, even Megumin who is a fucking kid (well, more kid than the others lmao); Darkness being a masochist is also super annoying and it's basically the only trait she has (and they repeat whatever she says about that everytime she talks!).
And it's obvious that Megumin can only fire off one because that's the joke or something of the sort lmao. Plus, I can't believe they literally did the toad thing again in season 2? I do think Aqua should hate Kazuma as much as possible though, the guy literally is a fucking pervert who brought her into that world and somehow levels super easily (i mean, how they gain 'abilities' is super bullshit, not to mention why is Kazuma only ever trying to do so?). When Kazuma died when he didn't let down his sword against the Shogun of Ice was funny tho.
.. because kazuma is the only smart one.

I'd say Naruto, I grew up with it and at first it wasn't bad, the cracks started to show during the First Chunin Exam and just kept getting bigger. By the time we got to the end I was only reading to finish it. What kills me the most is the potential I felt it had compared to the over the top nonsense we got.

I refuse to even look at the Boruto train wreck.q

Konosuba's like that one guy who tells this one joke and everybody laughs because it's genuinely hilarious, and then the guy spends the rest of the night repeating the same joke, expecting the same results, until everyone just fucking hates him.

Probably the second season of blue exorcist. They should either have rebooted the series completely or continued with the established setting instead of simply pretending that the end of the first season didn't happen.

I loved Bleach...up until they went to Soul Society. Something about the way that arc was structured lost me, but it's been so long since I watched/read Bleach that I couldn't really give details. I stuck with it for a bit to see if it'd get back to the things I enjoyed but it just drifted further away from what attracted me to the series in the first place. The first opening of the anime is still amazing, though.

As for anime I hate, well... that's a hard question for me to answer. I've been into anime for almost 20 years at this point and it's given me ample time and knowledge to identify what series I know I'm not going to enjoy and stay the hell away from them. I could say I hate these shows, and that'd probably be true, but nowadays I try to focus on the positives when it comes to my hobbies. So for stuff I've actually spent time with it's less 'hate' and more 'I thought I'd enjoy this but it let me down, oh well'.

Ani
I'd say Naruto, I grew up with it and at first it wasn't bad, the cracks started to show during the First Chunin Exam and just kept getting bigger. By the time we got to the end I was only reading to finish it. What kills me the most is the potential I felt it had compared to the over the top nonsense we got.

I refuse to even look at the Boruto train wreck.q

The Chunin Exam was the best arc imo.

I don't think I actually "hate" any anime, but I'm particularly resentful towards the ones that turned out disappointing. And for clarification's sake, these are just my opinions and if I say "this is confusing" I mean "this is confusing to me" and so on, because I don't want to be repetitive.

School Days is a favorite for hated anime...and I did make myself watch through all of it, but I honestly can't hate it because of the ending. That saved everything to me. It's not disappointing at all -- the opposite, in fact, and it's very confusing because I can't tell if that effect was reached due to poor writing through the whole thing or if that was the intention of the writers to begin with. Either way, would never recommend it to anyone. I would suggest just skipping to the end if you're so curious, but it wouldn't really be satisfying without the build up.

SAO. It seemed promising up until around half of the first season, then it went downhill but I still watched it. The second season had a really promising world, even if fairy-tales aren't my cup of tea, the various races had a lot of potential. I thought they were going a bit crazy with the third season, with guns and whatnot but I wasn't particularly against that either (I watched only the first episode though, reached my limit). What really got me, and this was already said in this thread, is how Kirito just fits the stereotype of "dark protagonist that excels at everything" and doesn't make you want to root for him. I can't recall feeling attached to any character at all, for that matter, and that gets worse when most of the story is centered on the romance between two characters who aren't interesting, as well as a bunch of other characters falling for the same guy.

Chaos;Head and its sequel Chaos;Child. Both suffered from the same problem : the beginning gets you so thrilled, but if you were liking what you saw at first, it becomes something so different from that. I can take illogical/supernatural or whatever you want to label it, but when you suddenly add that into what seems to be a suspense/mystery story...it's a bucket of cold water to many. And if you were expecting them to be at all comparable to their Steins;Gate franchise, you'd get frozen. It's not as bad in Chaos;Child because, assuming you watched the prequel first, you already suffered that impact and are already expecting to have that happen again. But then again...if you didn't like the prequel, chances are you won't give a chance to the sequel to begin with. But tl;dr, my major gripe with those is the shift in genre, despite other aspects not being necessarily bad.

Serial Experiments Lain. Honestly, part of it may be because the person who recommended it to me hyped it up so much using the fact that it dealt with technology, which was the topic of our conversation and studies back then...but the writing is so bizarre. It repeats things, then adds disconnected information and...does anything make sense in the end? Can you reach any conclusion using logic? My memory of it is hazy because after a while I couldn't bear to watch the full thing, so I just skipped through it and my opinion didn't change. Maybe I suffered partial brainwashing or something due to watching it. I could take more of the "punishment" that was watching it if something felt worthwhile...but there was nothing.

There are probably others that I can't recall, but I much prefer explaning why I liked something than why I disliked something, so I picked the ones that stood out in my memory.

I'd honestly need to say that I really really didn't like Death Note, hate me if you want to, I don't despise it or doom it the worst anime ever but for me it was just really uninteresting... It's probably just not my cup of tea. When I first started, it was really promising and I actually enjoyed it but now I have seen all episodes and need to say it was probably the one anime that I've ever seen that left me untouched the most...

I can feel the hate coming at me xD

Last edited:
Bleach, One piece, fairy tail and Naruto. waaaaay too long and feels repulsive after a while. It's like farming creeps on a game, at first its fun but it ends up feeling like a chore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back