Anime & Manga Your Most Hated Anime, ever

Tokyo Ghoul Root A is fairly up high on my list. The first season was ok, the second was just...no. I didn't even know what was happening anymore.

I grew up with a lot of '90s anime so the idea that people could hate on classics like Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ (at least anything after the Cell saga I can understand) baffle me, but I can 100% agree on Naruto being trash. This isn't some irrational hatred either - I glimpsed the manga and I gave the anime itself an earnest watch but it's just... no, no thanks.

Be it sub or dub, that goddamned thing boils my blood with the sheer amount of filler it has, unresolved sub-plots, and disregarding a lot of its own 'lore' no less. Example: When Team 7 fought and triumphed over Zabuza and Haku, Kakashi talked about the necessity of harvesting the secrets from the bodies of enemy ninja, he just gives them burials with [B]Christian crosses[/B].

I grew up with a lot of '90s anime so the idea that people could hate on classics like Yu Yu Hakusho and DBZ (at least anything after the Cell saga I can understand) baffle me, but I can 100% agree on Naruto being trash. This isn't some irrational hatred either - I glimpsed the manga and I gave the anime itself an earnest watch but it's just... no, no thanks.

Be it sub or dub, that goddamned thing boils my blood with the sheer amount of filler it has, unresolved sub-plots, and disregarding a lot of its own 'lore' no less. Example: When Team 7 fought and triumphed over Zabuza and Haku, Kakashi talked about the necessity of harvesting the secrets from the bodies of enemy ninja, he just gives them burials with [B]Christian crosses[/B].
THIS.

one piece gets on my nerves + ive decided that boruto isnt real/canon so i guess that counts

Dragonar Academy
I came there for the plot and then there wasn't one :T
So I kinda gave up on ever wanting anything to do with it ever again
The same happened with Absolute Duo

I despised the second half of the first season of Blue Exorcist; the story to me was complete crap and it ruined what is one of my favorite manga series T_T

I haven't watched much anime, but the worst one I've seen has to be New Game. It was just a forceful 'Cute girls do cute things'. The plot ain't there, it's all about the girls.

Mirai Nikki.
"For a story based around anyone being able to die at any minute im pretty sure we were supposed to actually care about the characters that died. However, This show decides that if they give everyone about two minutes of screentime and they kiss Yuki then that should be enough."
- Rena, Anime Amino

This post gives a pretty good starting point for why I hate this show. Abhorrent character writing plagues it, especially on the main characters.

At least in SAO, the protagonist was painfully average, with the exception of great swordsmanship.

Yuki has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He is a blubbering, naive, stupid, cowardly pushover of a person. Not only does he hide behind someone who murders people indiscriminately, but he gets into a relationship with that psychopath, mostly because the retards that wrote the show found it suitable to have Yuki gloss over any bad thing that someone could have done.

Yuno, on the other hand, embodies everything bad about the yandere stereotype. She's obsesses over the dweeb that the writers paired her with, to the point where she doesn't have any character outside of him, which appears in a lot of works, but it's hard to believe that such a snot rag could have an attractive girl dedicating her life to him, even if said attractive girl is Misa x 1,000.

Mirai Nikki.
"For a story based around anyone being able to die at any minute im pretty sure we were supposed to actually care about the characters that died. However, This show decides that if they give everyone about two minutes of screentime and they kiss Yuki then that should be enough."
- Rena, Anime Amino

This post gives a pretty good starting point for why I hate this show. Abhorrent character writing plagues it, especially on the main characters.

At least in SAO, the protagonist was painfully average, with the exception of great swordsmanship.

Yuki has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He is a blubbering, naive, stupid, cowardly pushover of a person. Not only does he hide behind someone who murders people indiscriminately, but he gets into a relationship with that psychopath, mostly because the retards that wrote the show found it suitable to have Yuki gloss over any bad thing that someone could have done.

Yuno, on the other hand, embodies everything bad about the yandere stereotype. She's obsesses over the dweeb that the writers paired her with, to the point where she doesn't have any character outside of him, which appears in a lot of works, but it's hard to believe that such a snot rag could have an attractive girl dedicating her life to him, even if said attractive girl is Misa x 1,000.
B-But Minene Uryuu.

Ao Oni The Animation.
Someone thought that making a series of comedy nonsense shorts about Ao Oni was a good idea... And I HATE them for it.

Why did you pick a horror RPG Maker game (If not one of the firsts in the genre) and make a COMEDY Anime out of it? Why would you ruin it like that?! TELL ME WHY?! QAQ

I despised the second half of the first season of Blue Exorcist; the story to me was complete crap and it ruined what is one of my favorite manga series T_T
Did you watch the second season yet?
Because it retcons that end and puts the series back on track with the Manga, which was the best thing that they could have done +O+

Only downside is that anyone who had not read the Manga probably got a bit confused in the start there...

Because it retcons that end and puts the series back on track with the Manga, which was the best thing that they could have done +O+

Only downside is that anyone who had not read the Manga probably got a bit confused in the start there...

I did! And I very much loved that they did that XD

I watched all of it without reading the manga and I loved every bit. My friend and I typically leave our meetings or conversations with "Good luck soldier!"

Glad I wasn't the only one saying Attack on Titan. I'm not into the gore and all that infernal screaming. Give me low key with pretty art styles and music. Good plots with strong characters who make some god blessed sense!

I don't watch a lot of anime, but my friend got me to watch Sword Art Online, and my god, it goes downhill very quick. It just turns awful very quick.

Even though I grew up with anime like DBZ, I have a tendency to strongly dislike most shonen anime like Naruto, One Piece and things like that.

Any anime that has five or six people all romantically interested in one other. Most of the time it’s a loser main character whose best qualities consist of being “nice”
I understand there’s a comedy element but clumsy main character tripping into others is cliche at the worst and “self aware” at best.

Cannot stomach DBZ or Naruto. Fullmetal alchemist either, but I haven't given it another chance as an adult, yet.

Someone mentioned Chaos;Head before and I had to add it to my list because fuck CHAOS;HEAD. I'd blocked it from my memory, but that anime was such a fucking disappointment. It's like someone just decided to make an anime of nothing but plot twists and shoved a bunch of bullshit in there to try to pass it off as a story.
Of course, Boku no Pico is just about everyone's worst, and I'm no exception to that judgment. Pico x Chico is just the same.
Pupa is also terrible. I don't mind gore at all, but that was just pathetic.
The Tokyo Ghoul anime is complete crap compared to the manga. I was so excited for it and was sorely disappointed.
Girls Bravo has been a long hated anime of mine. Just another "harem" anime with a weak plot and the animation just irritates me for some reason.
I have a lot of anime that I dislike, but they don't outweigh the amount that I love. I can say, though, that the ones I've listed in this thread are the my most disliked off all of them.

Ooh, boy. That's gonna be a long one. You see, my heart is big and so it is capable of hosting large amounts of hatred.

I hate Air, Clannad, Your Lie in April and pretty much all anime that can be boiled down to "wahhh, this cute girl is ill, feel sorry for her!!!" Yeah, not gonna fall for such an obvious emotional manipulation, especially if the above mentioned cute girl has the personality of a wet towel. Try harder. Special mention goes to Plastic Memories, which is probably the biggest pile of shit I've seen in a long, long time. Not only is it extremely unsubtle in its pathetic attempts at making the viewer feel sorry for the resident moeblob, but it's also distasteful as it jumps from "feelsy" scenes to cringe, unfunny humor about such mature topics as the main character pissing herself.

I hate most of isekai. Sorry, but the concept of a human garbage NEET being transported to a different world and miraculously rising to the top is just a stupid wish-fulfillment fantasy and I'm clearly not the target group here. Konosuba is okay, though.

I hate otome game adaptations since they're just an excuse to drool over hot guys. Special mention goes to Diabolik Lovers. I have no idea why I watched that one in the first place since I knew it was going to be horrible, but I still didn't expect that level of utter idiocy.

Now for some individual titles: Fuck Mayoiga, fuck Charlotte, and fuck Chobits especially. How anyone can think that it's a heartwarming romance is beyond me. She literally has cognitive functions of a three year old and he's a pervert trying to shag anything that has both breasts and a pulse. Actually, scratch that. Pulse is not required since she's a robot and he's not above trying to sleep with robots. Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru is a pretentious Madoka wannabe that is tear-inducingly boring most of the time despite trying very hard to be edgy. Now that's an accomplishment, folks.

I probably forgot something since I hate many things, but yeah. That's it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back