Anime & Manga Your Most Hated Anime, ever

Post the #1 anime you despise with all of your soul.

Mine is the first season of Attack on Titan, hate me if you will. I loved it when it first aired, but after it sat with me for a while I despised it. I put the second season in hold but I loved the episodes I did watch.

Why? AoT has real stakes for many characters, plot armor exists but not nearly as much as other anime. It has flawless animation, great voice acting, an excellent mix of action and dialogue, and a pretty decent foundation for a story (the world is well built I mean). On first viewing things like the second titan transformation in the forest when Eren is bout to turn up, the betrayals of the three, and the surprise attack on the outer wall are all classic as hell. It has a good soundtrack too.

Also I just nees to re affirm something. The animation is some of the best I've ever seen, period. I haven't watched anything that beats AoT in terms of animation quality.

I just want to know why, because AoT is widely considered an excellent anime. I'm not triggered about this, I'm genuinely curious why and how someone could hate AoT.

Attack on Titan - Hmm...I have a problem of somewhat disliking popular anime, and I...don't like some aspects of it. (But the artstyle is amazing, I can give you that.)

Any anime that dwells too much on moe or loli girls - I was suggested to watch many of these already, and I think I have enough of it. (Then again, as I said earlier, I don't mind it if the story is good. I just don't seem to enjoy any anime that just deals with fanservice more than the actual plot.)

Mirai Nikki - I just don't like it.

Some parts of Fairy Tail. - I was a huge fan of it, but some parts of the anime turned me off from watching it. I'm still a fan, just not the one that enjoys every single moment of it.

Last edited:
Attack on Titan - Hmm...I have a problem of somewhat disliking popular anime, and I...don't like some aspects of it. (But the artstyle is amazing, I can give you that.)

Any anime that dwells too much on moe or loli girls - I have suggested to watch many of these already, and I think I have enough of it. (Then again, as I said earlier, I don't mind it if the story is good. I just don't seem to enjoy any anime that just deals with fanservice more than the actual plot.)

Mirai Nikki - I just don't like it.

Some parts of Fairy Tail. - I was a huge fan of it, but some parts of the anime turned me off from watching it. I'm still a fan, just not the one that enjoys every single moment of it.

I shouldve clarified. The only one I was confused about was AoT. Attack on Titan is really, really good imo, like top 25 ever. I think its about as good as Samurai Champloo which is another all time great anime... well maybe not as good but pretty close.

The others I agree with, especially the loli shit, that stuff is weird as hell man.

I shouldve clarified. The only one I was confused about was AoT. Attack on Titan is really, really good imo, like top 25 ever. I think its about as good as Samurai Champloo which is another all time great anime... well maybe not as good but pretty close.

The others I agree with, especially the loli shit, that stuff is weird as hell man.

Ah, okay then. Yes, I acknowledge the fact that it is, indeed, an amazing anime. I've watched the first season of it, and as I stated before, the art style is fantastic, and the animations are phenomenal.

But I really just don't seem to like it all very much.

Weird indeed....weird indeed...

EDIT: I guess I should clarify. I am not a fan of gore (I've forgotten how much gore there was, but I do remember it having it), and I don't seem to enjoy seeing other people die (which AoT has a lot of...the deaths, which I am aware of from the beginning of the anime.) I also have the problematic tendency to dislike popular anime.

Ah, okay then. Yes, I acknowledge the fact that it is, indeed, an amazing anime. I've watched the first season of it, and as I stated before, the art style is fantastic, and the animations are phenomenal.

But I really just don't seem to like it all very much.

Weird indeed....weird indeed...

EDIT: I guess I should clarify. I am not a fan of gore (I've forgotten how much gore there was, but I do remember it having it), and I don't seem to enjoy seeing other people die (which AoT has a lot of...the deaths, which I am aware of from the beginning of the anime.) I also have the problematic tendency to dislike popular anime.

Sometimes AoT can be very hard to watch. When Eren was biting the shit out of his hand to try and transform I had trouble looking at the screen, for some that can be a deal breaker and I get that 100%. For me though, any media that can make me feel revolted without being super over the top and ridiculous is doing something right.

Sometimes AoT can be very hard to watch. When Eren was biting the shit out of his hand to try and transform I had trouble looking at the screen, for some that can be a deal breaker and I get that 100%. For me though, any media that can make me feel revolted without being super over the top and ridiculous is doing something right.

Indeed....he tried so many time, yet he can't do it. All that pain and blood for nothing. (Then again, he did manage to did it some time after.)
Others I could mention is the female Titan stepping on and killing...that person. There's also that, if memory serves me well, that half-burned guy.

I can agree with you on your last statement. I have watched some disturbing and trippy anime, but it managed to keep occupied without me dropping and losing interest in it. I commend studious that can do that with anime.

Funny thing is....I don't like gore, yet I enjoy Danganronpa. (I guess the helping factor was that the blood was frigging pink.)

One Piece for me. I tried as hard as I could to get into it since a bunch of friends I wanted to RP with were super into it. Watched a bunch of eps, read a couple hundred manga chaps. NEVER found a single thing to like about it. It looked like shit, was animated like shit with some of the laziest ass fight scenes I've ever seen, the characters are insufferable, the plot is terrible, I genuinely don't understand how ANYONE can watch it. It's not just "mediocre shonen" but so actively BAD that I just don't get it.

Fairy Tail's terrible back and forth fights really made me sad because the designs and music are phenomenal and I wanted to like it, but when everything boils down to "good guys get cucked until the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP KICKS IN" it's just too hard to enjoy it as a shonen. When you can't take ANY of the fights seriously because they'll just pull a new power out of their ass and autowin, it kills it as a shonen imo. Not the worst anime ever by any means but I think it joins Bleach for me as having a truly incredible amount of potential that was hampered by poor execution.

Attack on Titan I'm... torn on. Part of me wants to put it in SAO category (kinda entry-level simplistic example of the genre), part of me wants to put it in Bleach/Fairy Tail territory (awesome idea, mediocre execution, overall mixed bag), but I can definitely say that the obsessive need to end every fucking thing with a cliffhanger got old fast as hell.

I'm kinda interested by all the mentions of SAO though. By NO means was it a genuinely good anime lol, I'm not gonna defend it. It was mediocre at best with a few good points. But I wouldn't have thought to put it in 'worst anime ever' personally. It's just mediocre entry level anime. Depending on your tolerance for certain tropes it can range from "braindead fun" to "bad" but worst ever is a big push.

...This is already getting way too long so I'll shut up for now, though. No point in listing every two bit shitty anime I didn't like.

MAD props to the Ghost Stories dub for being legitimately the best terrible anime ever, though.

One Piece for me. I tried as hard as I could to get into it since a bunch of friends I wanted to RP with were super into it. Watched a bunch of eps, read a couple hundred manga chaps. NEVER found a single thing to like about it. It looked like shit, was animated like shit with some of the laziest ass fight scenes I've ever seen, the characters are insufferable, the plot is terrible, I genuinely don't understand how ANYONE can watch it. It's not just "mediocre shonen" but so actively BAD that I just don't get it.

Fairy Tail's terrible back and forth fights really made me sad because the designs and music are phenomenal and I wanted to like it, but when everything boils down to "good guys get cucked until the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP KICKS IN" it's just too hard to enjoy it as a shonen. When you can't take ANY of the fights seriously because they'll just pull a new power out of their ass and autowin, it kills it as a shonen imo. Not the worst anime ever by any means but I think it joins Bleach for me as having a truly incredible amount of potential that was hampered by poor execution.

Attack on Titan I'm... torn on. Part of me wants to put it in SAO category (kinda entry-level simplistic example of the genre), part of me wants to put it in Bleach/Fairy Tail territory (awesome idea, mediocre execution, overall mixed bag), but I can definitely say that the obsessive need to end every fucking thing with a cliffhanger got old fast as hell.

I'm kinda interested by all the mentions of SAO though. By NO means was it a genuinely good anime lol, I'm not gonna defend it. It was mediocre at best with a few good points. But I wouldn't have thought to put it in 'worst anime ever' personally. It's just mediocre entry level anime. Depending on your tolerance for certain tropes it can range from "braindead fun" to "bad" but worst ever is a big push.

...This is already getting way too long so I'll shut up for now, though. No point in listing every two bit shitty anime I didn't like.

MAD props to the Ghost Stories dub for being legitimately the best terrible anime ever, though.
I'll agree with SAO. Mediocre, but definitely seen worse. It went downhill starting when Asuna became a Damsel instead of the badass she was. So about halfway through the 1st season, it started losing points. It could've ended Season 1 successfully though as I still liked the story. Then season 2 came...........

That's when it got BAD. Alfheim was utter garbage. Then the whole cousin thing. There's incest, then there's wincest. You have to actually LIKE the character to consider it wincest, and his cousin, like every other girl in his harem, were personality-less shells of what could've been genuinely good female characters. Asuna was amazing in the beginning. Silica could've been fairly good. Sinon was also a badass, but they ALL turned into people who exist solely Kirito. There wasn't a thought in their head that wasn't about Kirito

SAO, ALO, or GGO's worlds weren't expanded on at all. With the only character development being Kirito, what in the blue hell did we REALLY sit through 24 episodes of SAO for?

I'll agree with SAO. Mediocre, but definitely seen worse. It went downhill starting when Asuna became a Damsel instead of the badass she was. So about halfway through the 1st season, it started losing points. It could've ended Season 1 successfully though as I still liked the story. Then season 2 came...........

That's when it got BAD. Alfheim was utter garbage. Then the whole cousin thing. There's incest, then there's wincest. You have to actually LIKE the character to consider it wincest, and his cousin, like every other girl in his harem, were personality-less shells of what could've been genuinely good female characters. Asuna was amazing in the beginning. Silica could've been fairly good. Sinon was also a badass, but they ALL turned into people who exist solely Kirito. There wasn't a thought in their head that wasn't about Kirito

SAO, ALO, or GGO's worlds weren't expanded on at all. With the only character development being Kirito, what in the blue hell did we REALLY sit through 24 episodes of SAO for?
Yeah - I liked the initial SAO concept - honestly I enjoyed the starting take more than .hack - but it went off the rails and alfheim got weird with the cousin incest stuff and the full on harem and Asuna being damsel in distress, and GGO was an interesting semi-reboot but it all had to go back to the lol harem shit. Sinon is probably my favorite character of that series because she WASN'T defined by kirito at all and her relationship with him was more equals/partners than wuvbirds... then she just became another harem member lol.

• Kill la Kill
  • Attack on Titans
Man, I get that on some levels Kill la Kill was kinda supposed to be a deconstruction of various genres/tropes but that whole thing felt like a dumpster fire to me, and the outfits were so bad I couldn't even pretend to take the melodrama seriously. And I mean. I'm a girl who grew up on a mixture of Sailor Moon and DBZ so I don't think I'm a costume/transform elitist or anything lol, it was just so stupid looking and most of the plot so bad that the few good parts (Harime Nui in particular was genuinely interesting) paled in comparison to the rest of the crap.

Yeah - I liked the initial SAO concept - honestly I enjoyed the starting take more than .hack - but it went off the rails and alfheim got weird with the cousin incest stuff and the full on harem and Asuna being damsel in distress, and GGO was an interesting semi-reboot but it all had to go back to the lol harem shit. Sinon is probably my favorite character of that series because she WASN'T defined by kirito at all and her relationship with him was more equals/partners than wuvbirds... then she just became another harem member lol.

Man, I get that on some levels Kill la Kill was kinda supposed to be a deconstruction of various genres/tropes but that whole thing felt like a dumpster fire to me, and the outfits were so bad I couldn't even pretend to take the melodrama seriously. And I mean. I'm a girl who grew up on a mixture of Sailor Moon and DBZ so I don't think I'm a costume/transform elitist or anything lol, it was just so stupid looking and most of the plot so bad that the few good parts (Harime Nui in particular was genuinely interesting) paled in comparison to the rest of the crap.
Agreed on the SAO points. Sinon best character, and even if she is waifu bait, I think she is better than Asuna >3>. While I don't like her being a harem member, it makes sense for her to develop feelings for Kirito after he saved her and shit.

Alfhiem is worst arc. First half of season 1(the Aincrad arc is decent). GGO is meh and then second half of season 2 is forgettable.

Not gunna touch the Kill la Kill stuff.

The only thing I really liked about Kill La Kill was Mako. I genuinely liked her. Everything else was just meh. That sexual assault scene was the cringiest scene I've ever seen in Anime, and that says A LOT

Didn’t know there was such thing as hating anime.

All the major complaints everyone probably knows at this point, and the penultimate episode of the Alfheim Arc.

74c3ae3b44571f458472f6018efdb8a6.jpg
KonoSuba is probably the most overrated and shitty anime I can think of right now that I have watched. And that's because I don't watch anime that seem bad. But I thought 'okay, it seems to have cool characters, maybe if I can tolerate some stupid ecchi the other things will be fine' but oh oh what a surprise. It's basically just:
-trying to be edgy because 'it subverts tropes or whatever'
-what it actually does is: have a douche as a main char whose defined traits are to be a douche that hates everyone and then apparently loves everyone at the same time or something? and who is also a huge pervert or something but of course it's anime so yeah whatever why does it matter. we have him use the ability 'steal' to make him steal panties as if that were fucking funny and then do it like 4 times? and then bring it up multiple times? plus they have ecchi on scren in like every scene? aqua has no panties i think? and they make her ecchi shots like a lot of the time? then there is 'darkness' who could have been a good char if they hadn't made her someone who only says 'i want to be beaten' and makes masochist sexual connotations bc supposedly thats funny? BUT they repeat that stuff like every chapter anyways so that's all she does and it's supposed to be funny? of course the main male char is the only one who has any kind of char growth. why do they repeat the same jokes over and over? and they aren't even funny? then we have megumin who is also used for 'loli' jokes or whatever? and in between all this shit you get some 'good' moments i guess? so like the characters looked cool and they deserve better (except kazuma; tho they are all basically 'fucked up' bc thats the humor?) but they are basically just walking dumbed down cardboard to be used as ecchi material bc anime like these are the worst, most uninventive, 'comedy' created by a circle-jerk. every episode, instead of getting better, got worse. and the OVA hit peak worst/ecchi. so that was a rant, mostly incomprehensible, and yeah that's about it. also nanatsu no taizai is super obnoxious too and i had to drop it on its third episode.

In another world with my smartphone. The main character has no personality at all, and no goal to achieve.

Plus the story itself is well....really bad.

lol his cousin likes kirito's type: nice people who help people. Even if doesn't help them. I have cat eyes. I see things yall don't. also. KIRITO. DIDN'T. LIKE. HIS. COUSIN. JESUS.

Mirai Nikki.
"For a story based around anyone being able to die at any minute im pretty sure we were supposed to actually care about the characters that died. However, This show decides that if they give everyone about two minutes of screentime and they kiss Yuki then that should be enough."
- Rena, Anime Amino

This post gives a pretty good starting point for why I hate this show. Abhorrent character writing plagues it, especially on the main characters.

At least in SAO, the protagonist was painfully average, with the exception of great swordsmanship.

Yuki has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He is a blubbering, naive, stupid, cowardly pushover of a person. Not only does he hide behind someone who murders people indiscriminately, but he gets into a relationship with that psychopath, mostly because the retards that wrote the show found it suitable to have Yuki gloss over any bad thing that someone could have done.

Yuno, on the other hand, embodies everything bad about the yandere stereotype. She's obsesses over the dweeb that the writers paired her with, to the point where she doesn't have any character outside of him, which appears in a lot of works, but it's hard to believe that such a snot rag could have an attractive girl dedicating her life to him, even if said attractive girl is Misa x 1,000.
actually. HE hates her for that.
SAO, as my fellow woman of culture @Penumbra pointed out.

And despite the fact that I have Shirou Kotomine as my avatar, Fate/Apocrypha is about to follow suit. The story is as shallow as the fart jokes in Shrek 2 and the characters, especially Sieg, Atalanta, Achilles, Karna and Chiron get about as much backstory, interaction, and development, as I have faith in humanity. (Hint: Not a lot.)
... SIEG CAN'T HAVE A BACK STORY. that is all. also they all change throughout the story if you actually look.
and they aren't even funny? then we have megumin who is also used for 'loli' jokes or whatever? and in between all this shit you get some 'good' moments i guess? so like the charat/ecchi. so that was a rant, mostly incomprehensible, and yeah that's about it. also nanatsu no taizai is super obnoxious too and i had to drop it on its third episode.
* cough. * The reason he only can steal panties is due to his perversion. He has a high luck stat. What he deems as getting lucky... is infact stealing their panties. Darkness is also a severe masochist. It is her core, infact she litterally. BECAME A CRUSADER TO FURR FILL HER KINK. SHE STATES IT HERSELF. Also, as you go on, you learn about megumin and darkness a bit. But you were too busy staring at the plot weren't you... OH WELL. MEgumin actually makes the least sense as her class. WHY DOESN'T SHE GET ANY MORE MANA AS SHE LEVELS. AQUA IS THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T GET STAT BOOSTS. quiet frankly. They could have done better about that. Maybe she can fire off two later? Also. Aqua does grow slightly. She doesn't hate kazuma as much anymore. And infact is more into adventuring later. That is all. I hope you enjoyed me pointing out what I saw.

SAO, although I suspect a large part of my hate stems from the fact that it's so dang popular.

It's not the most horrible thing ever, I guess. I would even go so far to say that it's philosophical in the sense that the whole thing is such blatant wish-fulfillment, it made me question my faith in humanity more than once. From what I've seen, the series just revolves around this basic-looking dude going around being Dark and Brooding while all the cute girls fall in love with him. And of course, he's also a Super Strong Lone Wolf. I heard some octopus dudes try to rape the main girl later on in the series, so I'm glad I noped out of there early.

SAO, although I suspect a large part of my hate stems from the fact that it's so dang popular.

It's not the most horrible thing ever, I guess. I would even go so far to say that it's philosophical in the sense that the whole thing is such blatant wish-fulfillment, it made me question my faith in humanity more than once. From what I've seen, the series just revolves around this basic-looking dude going around being Dark and Brooding while all the cute girls fall in love with him. And of course, he's also a Super Strong Lone Wolf. I heard some octopus dudes try to rape the main girl later on in the series, so I'm glad I noped out of there early.
I'm sorry. but wouldn't you be depressed if you realized that in a game you just got. In a stupidly hard game... the world is out to kill you. and you saw your friends and loved ones die infront of you.... MULTIPLE TIMES. YALL.... NEED TO.... WATCH MORE.... DEEPLY...

I'm sorry. but wouldn't you be depressed if you realized that in a game you just got. In a stupidly hard game... the world is out to kill you. and you saw your friends and loved ones die infront of you.... MULTIPLE TIMES. YALL.... NEED TO.... WATCH MORE.... DEEPLY...

I would, but the way the series executed it was just ... that. An execution. As in, kill me now because it's too much cringe. From what I remember (I couldn't get past episode 12-ish), most of the episodes just revolve around Kirito walking around being quiet and mysterious, being able to off the Bad Guys in about 10 frames as his statuesque self charms the panties off Cute Girl of the Week. For comparison, .hack//Sign and Log Horizon both rely on similar premises -- except they're done right, and you actually feel for the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back