Anime & Manga Your Most Hated Anime, ever

Samurai Flamenco. I love the first half about an idealistic guy struggle to become a real life super sentai (mind you the world established so far is a very ordinary one) but then in the second half it really becomes a super sentai with zord and all. I'm still very disappointed whenever I remember that anime.

One Piece is absolutely the most boring slog and overrated anime I've ever encountered. I tried even switching to the manga but then I got to the Long Ring Long Land stuff and I couldn't even finish that.
The pacing is wack and the art style just gets on my nerves because it's like rubberhose in anime style. It makes me angry that people say "oh Water 7 really kicks things off!" well Long Ring Long Land arc is the start of Water 7 and I cannot get through it. It's ridiculous, everything is just ground to a halt for some stupid mini-game arc.

My Hero Academia. I legit cannot stand Class 1-A, these guys are more corny than the Mane 6 from My Little Pony. Never mind the social issues, while interesting, kinda get dropped and never picked up again. Scaling for One for All is inconsistent, certain characters having plot armor, and interesting concepts of side characters who are introduced and are more interesting than the main characters also get dropped after one arc.

My Hero Academia. I legit cannot stand Class 1-A, these guys are more corny than the Mane 6 from My Little Pony. Never mind the social issues, while interesting, kinda get dropped and never picked up again. Scaling for One for All is inconsistent, certain characters having plot armor, and interesting concepts of side characters who are introduced and are more interesting than the main characters also get dropped after one arc.
I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THE SAME OH MY GOD

Lucky Star. It's the anime that made me decide not to like anime anymore.

Citrus. I decided to pick up this anime due to my crippling yuri addiction and well, it was massive waste of time. Not only was it uncomfortable to watch, but the plot points were very awfully executed and repetitive. The only reason I even managed to finish watching it is due to the curiosity of how much worse it can get over time and well, I wasn't disappointed. Mei and Yuzu are extraordinarily dumb and there were multiple moments where I had the urge to shake and bash my head against my screen due to the sheer amount of stupidity that had unfolded in front of my very eyes. And even when they started to talk things out and try and build their romance further, it just felt like they were going absolutely nowhere until suddenly, they took like 5,000,000 steps forward out of nowhere? Also, the pink haired girl...have to give her props for being the most annoying, sadistic bitch of all time yet also somehow the most entertaining and fleshed ok character in the show. Well, fleshed out in the sense that at least she wasn't more dense than a bowl of oatmeal or a rip off. 2/10. If you can't even get me, a massive Yuri simp to swoon over your show, yeah, you're fecked.

I can't say I hate any anime, and I haven't watched too many, but the most recent anime I tried to watch was My Hero Academia. I can't say I was too impressed with it. I remember getting overly annoyed with the MC constantly crying. I get why he's sad, but it just drags on, and on, and on. Like, I GET IT! HE'S SAD! LET'S MOVE ON!

If a show, or anime, or other media is constantly dragging on "the feels", it starts to grind on my nerves and feel, I dunno, manipulative? Does that make sense?

"LOOK! It's SAD! OHHH that character is SO TORN UP INSIDE! Don't you just feel BAD for them?? Are you CRYING?? That makes our show GOOD, right??"

I finished Naruto late last night I’m late I know. I’m disappointed in the direction the writing has gone with characters and plots.

I finished Naruto late last night I’m late I know. I’m disappointed in the direction the writing has gone with characters and plots.
Agreed. I'm a Naruto fan myself and Part 1 had its flaws, it wasn't lore breaking by any means. Shippuden was pretty good (with a few bumps) up until all the Akatsuki had died and we transitioned into the 4th Shinobi War, which amounted to Plants and Zombies vs. Ninjas. With the addition of Aliens.

Agreed. I'm a Naruto fan myself and Part 1 had its flaws, it wasn't lore breaking by any means. Shippuden was pretty good (with a few bumps) up until all the Akatsuki had died and we transitioned into the 4th Shinobi War, which amounted to Plants and Zombies vs. Ninjas. With the addition of Aliens.
Let’s not forget doing characters dirty..

Let’s not forget doing characters dirty..
Yea, a majority of characters are left to the way side in favor of Naruto and Sasuke. The Konoha 12 had shown their potential in Part 1 but are hardly on screen. Sakura isn't allowed to move on from Sasuke and is only given ONE fight in ALL of Shippuden. And she had to share it with Chiyo. Team Guy is entirely irrelevant despite their promising taijutsu skills. ESPECIALLY in the case of Rock Lee. Team 8 might aswell not exist. Shika-Ino-Cho are the only other team that functions properly and develop, tho Shikamaru gets the most of it. Sai and Yamato are completely left out of the Team 7 loop the moment Sasuke returns and solidifies them as simply placeholders smh

Yeah, the latter part of Naruto is so not subtle that I'm not sure if they're still ninja. Also, people other than the ninjas doesn't exist.

It also made me hate eye-based powers.

Yeah, the latter part of Naruto is so not subtle that I'm not sure if they're still ninja. Also, people other than the ninjas doesn't exist.

It also made me hate eye-based powers.
Exactly! At a certain point, everyone just stopped using hand signs all together and just started spamming nukes and shiz like it was DBZ

In part 1, the eye powers were interesting as there was only two of them at the time, that being the Byakugan and the Sharingan. Back then, you could have a legit debate on which one is better as both had tangible abilities that the other didn't possess. To this day, most people would wonder who would win between Sasuke and Neji during the Chunin Exams. The Mangyeko Sharingan kinda through a Wrench into that but at the time, it was only Unique to Itachi, so we didn't think much of it until Part 2. There was also the Rinnegan, which at the time was Unique only to Pain/Nagano. There was a whole prophecy surrounding it, that whoever was born with it was said to be God on Earth and bring about a change that they see fit. But sadly, it was later revealed that the Rinnegan was just another evolution of the Sharingan and it continued to be more OP than it needed to be back in Part 1 and the Byakugan became irrelevant smh

Whatever kind of anime it is when there's a painfully below average/almost inept male lead with a hypercapable, mary sue(s) love interest(s). Or any derivative of that formula.

One Piece is absolutely the most boring slog and overrated anime I've ever encountered. I tried even switching to the manga but then I got to the Long Ring Long Land stuff and I couldn't even finish that.
The pacing is wack and the art style just gets on my nerves because it's like rubberhose in anime style. It makes me angry that people say "oh Water 7 really kicks things off!" well Long Ring Long Land arc is the start of Water 7 and I cannot get through it. It's ridiculous, everything is just ground to a halt for some stupid mini-game arc.
pretty much this

Mushoku Tensei. Watched the first episode and quit (because there's basically pedophilia in the first episode). Ended up watching the whole thing with a friend later, as he insisted it was good and oh boy, it does not get better. I mean, people try to present it as "guy who becomes a better person and regrets doing bad things" and then he is favored by a god? What in the catholic? And he keeps doing pedo stuff? Obviously it has good animation, some people say a good magic system but that ain't true either; the standard shounen has a better power system. Also, a lot of characters in it are comically evil to downplay his pedophilia/grooming to a lesser evil. It really annoys me that this anime is rated highly on various anime sites.

Also, last episode of Dr. Stone first season made me completely regret that I watched it. All that stuff to make it seem sciency and then it just has a twist that makes no sense at all, I mean, where are the people? Humans are pretty good at multiplying man.

I hate and kinda like this anime. Hot take!

One piece is both interesting and sucks. I made a doctor for a RP and he was basically useless cause apparently the RP creator said that most people would probably use meat and milk to heal wounds and bones and stuff and that really pissed me off actually. Like my character was mostly useless. It's stupid lore.

I'm also not a big fan of the art style. The over-exaggeration of body proportions looks dumb. Kaido has massive tree trunk arms and scrawny little chicken legs. Not intimidating big fella. 👀

Bui also hate most of the straw hats. Sanji's fighting style is all kicks and the reason why is because he needs to protect his soft dainty hands. Chefs need to protect their hands. Plenty of characters throw punches all the time. Never get them badly damaged. His excuse is stupid.

Also not a fan of three sword style. But I'm also not a fan of dual wielding katana either. Deadpool fans probably gonna get real pissed at that comment.

I don't hate zoro. His personality is bland, but I respect and love what he did for luffy at the end of thriller bark island arc.

I guess I don't hate hate the anime but there are certain aspects I absolutely loathe about it.

Post the #1 anime you despise with all of your soul.

Mine is the first season of Attack on Titan, hate me if you will. I loved it when it first aired, but after it sat with me for a while I despised it. I put the second season in hold but I loved the episodes I did watch.
Just to be clear I DON'T hate Full metal alchemist brotherhood but it was super boring when I watched it and then I dropped it, although I may give it a try again

I hate and kinda like this anime. Hot take!

One piece is both interesting and sucks. I made a doctor for a RP and he was basically useless cause apparently the RP creator said that most people would probably use meat and milk to heal wounds and bones and stuff and that really pissed me off actually. Like my character was mostly useless. It's stupid lore.

I'm also not a big fan of the art style. The over-exaggeration of body proportions looks dumb. Kaido has massive tree trunk arms and scrawny little chicken legs. Not intimidating big fella. 👀

Bui also hate most of the straw hats. Sanji's fighting style is all kicks and the reason why is because he needs to protect his soft dainty hands. Chefs need to protect their hands. Plenty of characters throw punches all the time. Never get them badly damaged. His excuse is stupid.

Also not a fan of three sword style. But I'm also not a fan of dual wielding katana either. Deadpool fans probably gonna get real pissed at that comment.

I don't hate zoro. His personality is bland, but I respect and love what he did for luffy at the end of thriller bark island arc.

I guess I don't hate hate the anime but there are certain aspects I absolutely loathe about it.
I couldn't imagine swinging around a sword with my mouth, I'd look like Jeff the killer after 2 hours

I couldn't imagine swinging around a sword with my mouth, I'd look like Jeff the killer after 2 hours
Probably have damaged teeth too if you block or swing it enough times. That sword handle after being in your mouth enough times probably so nasty too, what with it being in his mouth all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back