Other Your favorite video game soundtracks.

Sacrifice

a distant memory.
I was never particularly drawn to most music, but, starting with going through the Jukebox mode on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of Sky, I had always found that the themes in my games brought me back to a magical way of thinking where my thoughts were much less constrained and my ideas became highly intense and imaginative.

Both because I don't feel uncomfortable listening to them, be it that they do not require me to personally represent any bands or artists in particular and because they are generally never fought for by record companies ( Meaning I could easily acquire them and put them wherever I wanted- ), they quickly became my go-to source of listening entertainment. But, although I've heard just about every obscure Boss theme known to man at this point, I'm curious to see what you might remember from an old game or two.

Video game soundtracks are the kind of music I listen to these days, but my favorite game soundtrack is definitely Final Fantasy IX's soundtrack

There was a point in my early teens where all I listened to was video game soundtracks. My tastes have since... expanded, but I'm still quite the game music enthusiast. Here's some miscellaneous favorites both old and new.

I could probably do this for hours so I'll cut myself off at five.

While I only can enjoy soundtrack music made by an orchestra, I’d say Halo has some of the best orchestral music I’ve ever heard in a video game. Though, I only would say that Martin O’Donnell’s music was good. I didn’t like Halo 4 or 5’s soundtrack.

I enjoy way too many OST's lmao.

(If you play Xenoblade X, please do NOT read the comments in the Requiem Video!)

I enjoy most game soundtracks, but my favorite one is L.A. Noire.
Like, Jesus Christ.
One a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it a 100.

I would say the OST of Persona and Dragon Quest. Persona is just so funky while Dragon Quest is just uplifting and nostalgic.

I enjoyed the devil may cry soundtracks from the third game, and loved the metal gear rising revengeance sound tracks

The Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 soundtracks are my favourites. I love(d) the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time themes myself, and the entire game will always have a special place in my heart, but nothing can top Final Fantasy for me.

Oh, I ADORE the soundtracks for Ori and The Blind Forest and Undertale. They're both simply phenomenal, definitely worth listening to!

totally second the persona series and hotline miami! both cool as hell in their own ways.

I don't think I could pick a favourite OST but some standout examples for me are:
  • No More Heroes (1 and 2)
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
  • Tales of Legendia

Nostalgia overload for me here:

The orchestra was on point for it.

And I just love this one. I love how it builds to total epicness.

First game that came to mind is the soundtrack to Bully (Canis Canem Edit), especially the music while you fight the different factions.

I'm gonna post more tunes because there's just so much great game music out there. This time I'm gonna focus on a theme: remixes. I'll pair the original song with an arranged version, updated recording, or other form of remix.

I... really like JRPG music, I think. I keep trying to pull examples from other genres but it's JRPG soundtracks that usually stick in my head the most.

I'm sure somebody's said it already, but I adore Cuphead's soundtrack, I've always loved that genre of music.
Hollow Knight is another awesome one, really sets the game's atmosphere and sounds pretty gorgeous in my opinion. Other favorites of mine include Shovel Knight (Specter of Torment included), MegaMan 2-10, Splatoon 1 and 2, and MH4U. There's others, because I'm indecisive and can't decide on just 1.

Hmmmm. I love too many to count but to me, my top two would have to be Witcher 3 with Dlc and Furi. Both have really great soundtracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back