Other Your favorite type of RP?

My favorite RPs are light-hearted fantasy RPs. I like to have a good time and while I do like serious moments, I don't like feeling like we need to be serious all the time.

Also Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RPs, which is the best part of Pokemon to RP imo

Anything involving dark themes, fandoms, fantasy, sci-fi, cross fandoms, Sci-fantasy, stuff like that.

Urban Fantasy, Historical Fantasy, Historical, Realistic and Fandom with original characters (as in we play in the sandbox and make our own story.)

But anything that has teamwork and character development and is just enjoyable to write. Ideally one that lasts but that doesn't seem to be too common.

all-all crossovers, because they are super flexible for the characters we want to be - us. also pokemon rps for the same reason.

i want to join all the pokemon rps but there are very few right now.

It changes as time goes on. I used to love nothing better than an old school D&D-ish medieval fantasy vibe. But my current favorite is the American Wild West. I prefer it mostly historical, though don't mind some light fantasy elements worked in. Kinda caught me by surprise that I liked it so much. It's fun to look at old maps and work in actual historical events into an RP. And it makes me think I'd likely enjoy other historical fiction as well.

i want to join all the pokemon rps but there are very few right now.
Fandom - Pokemon X Digimon [Very Rough Concept Stage]

^Those are just from the last week. there are at least 4 more going from the beginning of August and back to July.
And here are some recent 1x1's:

So yeah... definitely a popular setting. You shouldn't have too hard of a time finding something. ;-)

Fandom RPs are my favourite, but I also like some animal RPs, and mild to moderate fantasy or action RPs

Modern/Realistic - I love myself some fantasy from time to time but Modern roleplay gives me such a nice feeling. Especially when they're from a fandom with realism potential. I love getting to immerse myself into my character so OOC stuff is usually a no for me. So when I step into the chat my real person doesn't exist.

The very best project you'll ever be in? An original concept where everyone involved understands the genre and plot, communicates as a team of creators, and where the characters make sense, and have a planned (not to mention obvious and clear) purpose and objective within that plot.

You know? A good story. :)
The ones that last.

Those two may as well go hand in hand. As far as I'm aware, people starting into rp's tend not to have much of a plan regarding how to make a story for a variety of reasons. Communication may as well be a must if you want to avoid conflicts with an rp intended to be finished.

As for my favorite systems/genre I would say crossovers. They can provide a decent amount of interactions, forcing characters to interact in ways that would normally be impossible.

As for my second favorite, it would be a simplistic dice/freeform system known as Roll 2 dodge. I have no idea if anyone has heard of this kind of system so I'll just leave a link to a tv tropes page for the over all rules.

Fandom - Pokemon X Digimon [Very Rough Concept Stage]

^Those are just from the last week. there are at least 4 more going from the beginning of August and back to July.
And here are some recent 1x1's:

So yeah... definitely a popular setting. You shouldn't have too hard of a time finding something. ;-)

thanks murdergurl :D i've signed up for some of these already.

I don't have one preferred setting. I can enjoy almost any genre - fantasy, science fiction, modern, historical, afterlife, superhero, school, etc - but it is important to me that the setting is consistent and true to itself. I can enjoy almost any style of game - heist, slice of life, epic war, politics, mystery, adventure, civilization building, etc - but it is important to me that character agency and development are at the forefront of the experience. I don't like audience style games where the participants are there to react to the GM's storytelling. Nothing against the GM's storytelling but just write a book because I'd rather read that. I roleplay for the mutuality and interaction between all participants.

I love JPop/KPop/Anime role-plays. I also love YA novel styled role-plays. Specifically, I enjoy action, adventure, drama, comedy, mystery and suspense. I also like science fiction, but not really sure how to incorporate that.

Right now? Fandom based on a Chinese web novel.

But in general terms, I enjoy things with magic, action, adventure... Maybe some romance. I love angst/drama, characters going through emotional moments together.

Anything with interesting character relationships. Whether that is platonic relationships, enemies-to-lovers, queerplatonic relationships, unrequited love, or even toxic relationships.

Anything that makes it beyond the first post but....

High Fantasy
Action and Adventure
Contemporary Fantasy
Modern Fiction
Sci-Fi
Post Apocalypse
Medieval
Weird West

I really like thrillers, dramas, and any roleplays that focus heavily on introspection and realistic character growth! I've tried other genres, such as sci-fi and high fantasy, but I don't get as invested in them as I do with more realistic/modern roleplays. I'm not opposed to them at all, though, and I enjoy them when I'm with the right people.

I enjoy sci-fi (space travel, aliens, developed alien planets), superhero vs. villains kinda stuff, and on occasion and if the rp is right, college type RPs. I like to mix and match, maybe do a superhero or supervillain esque school (like Xavier's in X Men).

For all my RPs, I like to have realistic character growth and development and LOTS of drama with a decent dose of angst :) Also, dark themes are a go.

Medieval, Low Fantasy, Dystopian, or Grimdark Thriller. Occasional Fandoms of the same variety. Of course, it all depends largely on the story whether I will be interested or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back