Other Your favorite fandom?

Aquila

Incorporeal Thing
What are you most partial too?  Of all the universe created which are your favorites?

I've been a massive fan of Kingdom Hearts since it came out when I was 11.  I have followed it through up until now, though I can't help but feel let down by Square Enix.  As large as the fan base is, the series itself has always felt like it was thrown on the back burner. 

After that Star Wars probably holds second.  It's been a large bonding factor between me and my dad.  It's a Galaxy wide setting which lets the imagination run wild and has been extraordinarily fascinating, and while some episodes have sucked, it has been a good experience for the most part.

(Side note:  Since Disney has recently acquired Star Wars there have been theories of its implementation into the Kingdom Hearts franchise.  How could anybody be a fan of this.  They're great alone but together??  Its like putting ice cream and pizza in a blender until you get some kind of monstrous shake then pretending to enjoy it.)

Fire Emblem, Golden Sun and Atelier series. These are my childhood and they all hold a particularly special place in my heart, and why I'm so partial to fantasy as a genre.

Homestuck and Steven Universe. It doesn't matter how invested I get in another fandom, I always end up defaulting to these two. 

The Legend of Zelda, full stop. It's too bad there's no way in a million Hells I'll associate myself with the fandom anymore, because we disagree on so many things :/

Hmm, what can I say exactly? Perhaps, the fandom I'm most interested in currently, should probably be the Halo universe.

Anime-wise:

I will always come back to Digimon, and it welcomes me back with open arms. No words can express how much I will always love the Digimon universe. Second comes Fairy Tail. All the fans I meet are so awesome, and my fangirling is always extremely intense when it comes to FT. Along with Digimon, it is probably the greatest fandom I've ever immersed myself into.

Book-wise:

Oh, most definitely the Lunar Chronicles. Everywhere I go, it's worth the fangirling. :D  

TV/Cartoon-wise:

My Little Pony...

I'm probably most into NinjaGo and Avatar: The Last Airbender. They're a helluva time to watch!

Anime-wise:

I will always come back to Digimon, and it welcomes me back with open arms. No words can express how much I will always love the Digimon universe. Second comes Fairy Tail. All the fans I meet are so awesome, and my fangirling is always extremely intense when it comes to FT. Along with Digimon, it is probably the greatest fandom I've ever immersed myself into.

I need to re-watch Digimon.  I rarely got to watch new episodes because I was made to go to Sunday School back then.   Further more my friends were mostly interested in Dragonball Z and playing Pokemon on our Brick Gameboys so I didn't invest much time into it.

I need to re-watch Digimon.  I rarely got to watch new episodes because I was made to go to Sunday School back then.   Further more my friends were mostly interested in Dragonball Z and playing Pokemon on our Brick Gameboys so I didn't invest much time into it.

It gets better every time I watch it :D  Plus there's Tri, which is EPIC

While I do not role play cannon fandoms as I think they had already been fleshed out and such a thing kind of turns me off in the inspiration department as I don't think of a cannon character as my own, I still do indeed have my likes and dislikes like everyone else. 

Anime wise I'd have to say that Tenchi Muyo is my favorite, mostly due to it being one of the first anime shows I watched. 

Where as in the video game universes I'd have to say it is a tie between Bloodbourne and the Elder Scrolls Universe. 

Book wise I'd have to go with a classic and pick Bram Stoker's Dracula. Frankenstein playing a close second.  

This in no way shape or form dictates what I play or watch as I do indeed have a pretty wide selection of things I actually do enjoy. :7p 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 'The Legend of Zelda', 'Kingdom Hearts', and 'Final Fantasy' fandom is pretty neat but I'm strictly speaking from like, artwise, not actually talking to those fans in a forum or irl at a convention o-or what not ^^;; 

If we're talking about the quality of fanbases themselves, I have to say that the Kirby fanbase is extremely tame and very considerate. It's the fanbase I can think of that has the least amount of poisonous stuff in it.

I'm into a looot of fandoms. I love nearly all of them to death, but If I was to choose one, special from them all, I think it'd be "Adventure Time."

Most people see Adventure Time as a children's cartoon, but it's way more complex, epic and even tragic than most people think just by looking at it. The show has some of the best character development I've seen in my whole life, and just thinking about Simon's backstory makes me feel instantly sad. The main character starts off as a literal 12 year old with the desire to help people, and by season 7 Finn is a 16-year old, continuing Billy's and his Father's legacies of heroism, along with Jake, both of them fighting all sorts of nasty evil monsters.

My favourite characters are Billy, because of how badass he is; Simon\AKA Ice King, because of how tragic his backstory is; and Marcelline, because who doesn't love a vampire that drinks the color red instead of blood? If I was to say which episode was my favourite, I wouldn't be able to, because of how many there are. I always liked the one with the train full of magical items and artifacts, where Finn and Jake nearly turn into megalomaniacs.

Also:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back