• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic You Will (Not) Keep Scrolling (Casual Mech)

Pantsperson said:
Mostly Evangelion, partially Pacific Rim, and a little bit of you fantasizing about having a relationship.
ONE RULE: NO TRANSFORMERS
Evangelion and Pacific Rim are wildly different in tone. At least you got the Michael Bay Transformers ruled out though. :P

Bardiel said:
Evangelion and Pacific Rim are wildly different in tone. At least you got the Michael Bay Transformers ruled out though. :P
I think he means human controlled giant robots. With the similar theme of fighting large unknown monsters. And really if you go straight to the core of each, both Evangelion and Pacific Rim have much in common. Well at least the initial part of Evangelion.

OP here!

Alright guys, my new years party went much longer than expected. My apologies, thread will be posted at earliest tommorow morning, but realistically probably tommorow night. Everybody above this post has a spot reserved. I'm very excited for the amount of people that are interested (I only expected, like, two) so I'm making sure this RP is worth your time.

In response to the great questions of @Bardiel and @The Suspicious Eye: I'm going to be direct and say that I am a huge Evangelion fangirl. This isn't an Evangelion roleplay, but there will certainly be some pretty big similarities. At the risk of exposing plot details, I'm planning to start things Pacific Rim (Big thing, kill it, repeat) and then transition into mid-late Evangelion. My goal is to establish characters, develop friendships and romances, and then analyze the shit out of them.

The primary reason I mention Pacific Rim, however, is because I am a young American woman and thus I will be writing from that perspective. I'll try to write in a fairly global way, but some Americanisms will inevitably work there way in whether I know it or not. Plot similarities will reveal themselves as the story progresses.

Once again, this is not a Fandom roleplay at all. I want you to have fun with your mechs, and don't feel like you need to adhere to the rules of any particular universe. Just be reasonable, and even with robots please avoid godmodding.

I will post a character skeleton on this post so you guys can be ready by the time my lazy/indecisive self finishes the main thread. Very short, I'm expecting to learn about your characters mostly in game. Which is soon. Ish. I'm not accepting profiles here. A few things to keep in mind-

-This is a zero magic setting.

-You are a human between the ages of 18-50. Tacticians, 21+ please.

-RP takes place in an undisclosed region of the US. You do not have to be American.

-You are not piloting "becuz its fun lol"

-You are not a transformer

-Mechs are always bipedal, and have two arms

Appearance:

Name:

Role:

Mech Equipment:

-
Standard issue "Buzzknife"- A lower back mounted serrated blade, can be used with power as a chainsaw, or without power as a simple knife.

Mech Appearance: (Not expecting a picture, a few sentence summary will be fine.)

Personality:

History:

*pants* I need a glass of water. Looking forward to this. Once again, sorry about the delay.

Love you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, can we have some specifics and examples for powers, equipment, and maybe mech appearance to have something to follow on?

Because if stuff doesn't go together, then that'd be awkward.

At this point, I'm more concerned about limiting the players and having you guys feel restricted than having things get too wild.

I removed the "powers" option for the mechs, as that seems to be a misleading word for an RP based in feasible technology. I am not going to make a specific appearance decision, aside from forcing the mechs to be bipedal with two arms. If things don't go together, we can make it work.

One thing I forgot to add is the standard issue equipment. It makes sense to me that different Mechs will have slightly different situational advantages, thus the ability for the player to add reasonable other stuff. This category is where I will be picky if needed.

Thread is proguessing soopr doopr, I will begin accepting profilespecially tonight.

It's up! I tagged everyone that signed up for a spot. The link: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/infinite-system.85033/

I will accept profiles as they come, and I will start when I've accepted 4 players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back