Viewpoint You Ever Thought of Turning your RPs into Games?

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
Title says it all.

And I have. I've thought RPGs. I've thought Fighting Game with the RP's story in storymode. Mostly the latter because it's easier to anchor, market and spread.

I've seen people talk books, novels, comics, so I want to hear about games, and possibly what the RP is about.

Wouldn't say fighting game is easier to market, it's still a niche genre and people who play fighting games usually don't play them for story mode.

If I ever do that it would be a Visual Novel. Which is niche too but I feel like rp would fit quite nicely into that kind of games.

ya

a metroidvania hollow knight knock off or an unmarketable text rpg

hopefully i'll be able to draw and code well enough to even dream of doing it in two or so years

That's a great question! As it stands, a group of RPer friends and I are in the research/planning stage of developing an MMO-style game out of our RP world. There are so many options out there, but I feel like "our generation" (creative writers, RPers, gamers, and imagineers - not age based) has such HUGE creative potential that failing to even consider it on a serious level would be kind of tragic.

Have you considered non-digital options like card games with an RP aspect to it? Or even a board game? Time Stories comes to mind, for their style and the opportunity to evolve it into RP scenarios. I haven't tried it, but I bet that concept would make for one hell of a fun RP.

I've turned one of my failed RPs here into a full Pathfinder game. Turns out, the pen and paper RPG format worked a lot better for what I wanted out of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back