• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Changed My Life [[Closed]]

Characters
Here

FangAndOzy

Twenty Thousand Club
Ashley Byrne met her mother at the gate after traveling many hour by plane. It was the first time she had been home in five years and so much had changed in that time. She glanced to her sleeping baby who she had in a snuggly against her chest so she could use her hands. Her mother helped her once they met up, saving the emotional welcome home for when they got to her mother's house.
Two hours later the baby was playing in the living room and she and her mother were catching up. "Have you called Demetrius?" Maggie asked gently. Ashley shook her head no.

"Not yet...I know we need to meet up in person. The reunion is tomorrow though. I don't know if into will happen before then." Ashley answered. Her mother nodded.

"I may have let Helena know you were home." She said and Ashley smiled.

"I don't mind. I would like them to know. I just need to rest today I think."

Demetrius sighed when he got to his parents, placing his bag on the counter. He say on the counter, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl and looking at his mother, "So, when was dad getting back?"

Helena smirked at him as she was prepping for dinner, "In a bit." She started, before going towards him, "Come on, get off, you aren't a teenager." Demetrius sighed, as he jumped off the counter. "Maggie needed some help."

Demetrius nodded, "What for?"

Helena smirked, "Some stuff that needs to be built up." She went back to working on dinner.

Demetrius shrugged, "I'm going to get my stuff put up in my old room. I can help if you want." He smirked.

Helena smirked at him, "Thank you."

Fernando smirked, as he pulled his head into the room, "I just finished the last baby equipment. Pretty sure she won't need the Walker any time soon, so I left it in the garage. " He let Maggie know before nodding to Ashley, "Had to have you home, Ashley. You should come for dinner sometime."

Ashley looked to Fernando and smiled. "I wouldn't love that. And thank you so much for helping with the baby stuff." She said. She looked to her mother and then moved to get to her feet. "Would you like to meet Rory? She'll be groggy but if I want her to sleep at all tonight I need to wake her up from her nap." She said.

Fernando smiled, "Oh, that would be nice." he said as he moved more into the room, "Helena was telling me about the little curls she has, last week. I have to admit, I am curious."

Ashley smiled brightly. She sent pictures to her mother, it didn't surprise her that Maggie showed pictures of her granddaughter to her best friend.
A few moments later she was returning with a sleepy Rory. The little girl had big blue eyes and dark hair that was starting to curl a little. Both traits she had gotten from her father. "You may hold her if you like." She said. Rory had always been good with other people. She'd been passed around a lot at the dig site and she was just a calm and curious baby in general. "I can't wait for Helena and Demetrius to meet her...h-he is coming to the reunion right?" It made her nervous and she wasn't sure why but she hoped he was.

Fernando smirked as he reached for the baby, "He just got back in, staying at the house right now." he smirked, as he held Rory, "Aren't you an amazing sight." he said joyfully at the baby, rocking her slightly as he looked up at Ashley, "He stays on the outer edges of the town, so he is going to stay with us for about a week or two." he sighed, "Honestly, I'm hoping being home he will behave himself, but seeing you home makes me sure he will be." he smirked at her and then the baby, "Maybe even straighten out enough to meet a nice girl."

Ashley smiled some as she listened. She knew her childhood friend had a tendency to get into trouble though she never would have guessed what it was about now they were adults. Or at least she wouldn't have wanted to. She smiled more as Rory seemed to wake up, cooing happily as she reached up towards Fernando's face to touch his beard. Giggling happily.
At his comment about Demetrius meeting a nice girl she wasn't really sure what the feelings were that came over her. Jealousy wasn't right and neither was guilt but it was uncomfortable. She had loved him once. And she knew a part of herself always would. But she didn't think he'd ever felt the same. She pushed the thoughts away and smiled again. "Well I hope to be seeing more of him. I'll probably be sticking around. I even have a job at the museum when I am ready to start. It's not far probably from where he's staying." She says, she couldn't stop smiling as she watched her curious baby. "I'm hoping he and I will have time to rekindle our friendship to as good as what it once was if not better." She added. Maybe that was childish but she didn't care.

Fernando smirked at her daughter, letting her play with his bread, before he sighed. He moved to hand Rory back to Ashley, "Yeah. I'm hoping." He looked at her "You know, Ashley, I hope you stay, I hope you are happy first of all."

Ashley smiled as she took her daughter back. The baby easily distracting herself by tangling her fingers in Ashley's hair. "I am...getting there. I still have moments but I have been happier recently." She said. "And I think I do plan to stay. I'll travel occasionally but I don't think I'll be gone like I have been." She assures him.

Fernando looked at her, patting her shoulder, "Being home will be good for you both." He assured her, "And if you need the help, I'm sure your mother and Helena will be happy to help. And I can't promise, it's the best, but I love babies."

Ashely laughed. "Good. I'd love for you and Helena to get to see her more. You're practically my family too afterall." She says. Her mother would get to see the child all the time and she was glad to have such a strong support system here at home.

Fernando nodded, "Always happy to help. I should go." He sighed, "Demetrius should be home and we are supposed to get some work done. Hopefully, it'll tire him out."

Ashley smiled and nodded. "I know I'll see him tomorrow but maybe in the next few days we could try a family dinner." She suggested. Up until they had graduated they had 'family dinners' at least once a month that included the two families.

Fernando smirked, "Soon." Assuring her, "Don't hesitate to call if you need anything." He reminded her, then turned to Maggie, "Maggie." He nodded before leaving the room.

Maggie nodded and then looked to Ashley. "We may as well go out. I know you want to rest so let me take Rory. We can get some of the things you need and you can have a couple hours to rest." She offers. Ashley hesitated but then nodded.

"Alright. But call me if anything happens." She said. Maggie grinned.

"Sweetheart I have raised a baby. In fact I looked after you and Demetrius both at times. This little girl? She's an angel compared to the two of you." She said lightly, causing Ashley to laugh.

"You're right. Have fun then." Ashley said instead.

Demetrius sighed, he had been worked all day until dinner when Fernando got home and now, he laid in bed and looked at the ceiling thinking of this evening's celebration. He was going to the reunion, just to see if Ashley would. He couldn't help, no matter what girl he messed with, Ashley was always going to be on his mind. But right now, he had work to do with his father and then he was going to stop by the school to get his ticket for the reunion.

Ashley's mother had gotten her ticket just in case her plane had been delayed. Her mother played with Rory while she got ready to go. She opted to go anlittle nicer, wearing a fitted dark teal dress with black heels. She left the makeup minimal and opted to just let her hair flow freely. She left so she would arrive on time but. It too early. Hoping and very excited to see Demetrius.

It took a while, before Demetrius arrived, it had already started and he sighed, when he got his name tag and started into the gym. He looked around when he was inside and the first person that found him was Heather, a cheerleader that asked him to prom after Ashley and he had decided to eliminate the stress of who to take and what they will think. "Didn't you grow up good." Heather grinned.

Demetrius smirked looking at her, "You look just about the same."

Heather grinned, "I'll take that as a compliment."

Ashley had been over talking to a group of kids that had been in drama club with her and Demetrius when they were younger. She had been watching for him, but when she finally spotted him Heather was with him. Seeing him took her breath away a little as everything she had felt for him came rushing back at full force. It was a little overwhelming and she excused herself to grab some water. Waiting for the right time to approach her childhood friend.

"You do that." Demetrius stated and then he looked at her, "So, I guess I should ask how you are?"

Heather shrugged, "Or we could skip the basic conversation and talk about the future. You know, I am pretty sure you are still the hottest guy in this high school."

Demetrius chuckled, "Pretty sure it's still my eyes, but that doesn't sound too reassuring."

"It was always you're eyes." Ashley said as she came up behind him, tired of waiting. She hadn't seen him in five years and she missed him desperately.

Demetrius looked back and smiled almost more then his face could, "Well, I guess it couldn't be my hair, that is your thing." he chuckled.

Heather sighed, "Hey, Ashley, I would have thought you would be staying on the other side of the world."

Ashley grinmed and flipped her hair dramatically. "It definitely is." She teased, she couldn't stop smiling. She looked to Heather and her smile became a little more forced. "I couldn't miss this." She said. She wouldn't share anything else with anyone except Demetrius.

Heather frowned, before smiling, "Well, Demetrius and I were talking about us." she said.

Demetrius smirked, "Well, Ash and I had plans to met, I'll see you around, maybe we can figure it out." he stated before taking Ashley's arm, "See you." he said before leading Ashley away from Heather and towards the snack bar, "Your timing couldn't be better."

Ashley giggled once they were away from Heather. "I got tired of waiting for you, and you know she and I never got along." She said with a grin. She leaned into him and once they had stopped hugged him tightly. "gods I missed you so much Dem." She said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back