• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom "You can't kill me-you don't have it in you."

Hikulio

Breathn't Gang Rise Up
"You can't do it, Shay. You know damn well you aren't capable."

Shiki, in all her glory, knew she wouldn't survive another hit. Her blond hair framed her face, her tall figure devoid of visible muscle yet not lacking in strength of any kind, her weapon long gone into the ether. This wasn't a battle she'd come into with fear-but she had been overconfident, very overconfident. So now she had no choice but to mess with the head of the one standing over her.

"You're holding the weapon at me, sure. But I've met you." Shiki struggled to her feet as Shay's hand quivered on the broadsword. "Shay, I've met you and I know you. You don't know what you're doing." Her jacket had fallen to shreds long before this fight had come to this, revealing her halter top and the spider tattoo inked on her shoulder-the 10 on it reading broad as day. Her footsteps seemed to echo on the concrete as she came to as close to her full height as she could manage-which, seeing as she was 6'7 when she could, was still ridiculous even compared to Shay.

"Whenever you hold a weapon, your own or otherwise, you shake so hard you can't use it. Now that you know your fists won't be enough, now that you've brought out whatever that kind of sword's called-you're gonna point it at me and you're gonna miss with every swing. Because I know you can't do it."

Shiki stared Shay directly in their eyes as she said the last thing she may say that night, and ever again. "You can't kill me-you don't have it in you."

Shay was trying their hardest not to cry. Not to break down as Shiki talked. Not to scream in mental agony. Every word that Shiki said was true. Shay knew it. They knew they weren't a fighter. And it hurt, it hurt so much to hear it from somebody they'd CARED about-hell, somebody they still did want to save. To bring back. To rip away the hatred and bring her back, to their side. Shay knew they never loved in the ways so many did, craving romance and affection, but they truy wanted to pull Shiki close and keep her where in a place they could help her forgive her, no matter what it might mean-the mind games didn't work, but they didn't have to.

"Shiki." Shay tried to keep their voice steady, the red fading from their eyes as their rapier dropped from their hand, vanishing as it did. "Shiki, I don't want to kill you. And how many times do I need to explain that a rapier is a stabbing weapon? And why does it matter?" Their eyes were shut tight. They didn't want to see. They couldn't see. They knew they'd messed up-Shiki should have been dead as soon as she approached them. But here she was, still talking, still there.

"Just-Just tell me where he is. Please." Their voice finally broke on the last word. "Please." Tears ran down their face, the water staining their shirt with little dots. "I just want to see him. I can't believe you that he's okay if I can't see him."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back