• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Yahoo Chat City Style RP

BasDorcha

Golden Age Dinosaur
I know a lot of you kids are probably too young to even know what this means LOL but back in the day there were chat rooms you could load into, post an intro, and anyone in the room could respond too if they wanted. You posted if you had a response, you could ignore it if you wanted, react, then exit your character whenever you felt like it. This would lead to very short interactions and sometimes built huge story archs - it just depended on the chemistry in the interaction.

I'm looking to do something similar either on discord or here on RPN where people can drop it and reply and enter scenes as they want and leave when they want to leave, but I'd like to find a group of folks to start it with.

If you're interested feel free to respond

Tempting! I have not seen a setting like this since ten years back on a site which no longer exists. If you get a gathering, I would love to peruse this possibility here or on Discord.

Tempting! I have not seen a setting like this since ten years back on a site which no longer exists. If you get a gathering, I would love to peruse this possibility here or on Discord.
Thanks! You can add me if you want while we look for people! I figure with a few we can start and then more will join as we go

I'll start a discord server if y'all want too join or a group chat. I'd like some input from the first few people on whether to host of discord or rpn and a few other things, but if y'all just want to post then I can set up a thread and just jump in lol

Hey hey! I guess an optimal location for this depends on the character length. If we are going by Yoohoo Chat or AIM Discord would work wonders for keeping track of everything instead of sifting through multiple pages, plus I think it would go faster and not die off as fast as a forum-based roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back