Tech Xbox one games crashing and restarting the console

The Dark Creator

Not fun at parties
This issue isnt too big, it's just something unpleasent that can sometimes be the icing on the cake when i get angry. What happens is i'll be on youtube for a period of time, sometimes enough for the game to disconnect from the internet, and when i come back the screen will be black. The game sounds normal, but then crashes audibly. After a few seconds the console shuts off and turns back on in a few seconds. It's weird as nobody else online seems to have this problem (atleast nobody according to google and youtube.) Anyone have a clue to this?

Abendrot Abendrot My room is typically freezing cold and it's got enough space. I also play a game for hours and hours on end and it works fine, but when i watch a bit of youtube and come back it crashes.

I have this problem, too. It came with an update a few months ago. In the past, I used to be able to pause my game and go watch some YouTube, or anime, or Netflix or whatever, then come back to the game. Now, if I do that, it hard crashes. The problem is very repeatable. It does it every time, without fail, and the only way to avoid it is to quit the first app. For example:

> I am playing Fallout.
>I pause the game and exit to homepage.
>Open YouTube app and watch some stuff.
>Close YouTube and reopen Fallout.
>Hard crash

The only way to avoid it is:

>I am playing Fallout
>Save and exit to homepage. Select the game and choose "quit."
>Open YouTube and watch some stuff.
>Close and quit Youtube.
>Reopen Fallout and have to sit through annoying loading screens...

It wasn't always that way. It's definitely a software issue, not overheating or a defective console or whatever. Thanks for breaking it, MS. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back