Do you prefer Xbox 1 or PS4?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 1

• Neither/Other

• Total voters
The problem I have with the XBox is how for the games that people tell me are the reasons for getting it, I can get those games running on a PC with a Windows OS. It's almost like double-dipping, but not really. 1.5 dipping?

The PS4 isn't quite spectacular, yet. E3 announcements are promising, but those are for games coming out within 2016 or late '15. Getting one now and there's really not anything outstanding to speak of. With all of the cross-platform games people play, going PS4 or XBox doesn't really matter as of right now. The PS4 doesn't have much of anything to separate it from what the XBone doesn't already do. They're essentially brand name products for the same thing.

People claim that gaming on the PC is good, but I hardly find myself enjoying any of it. I have a gaming PC and I hardly game on it. If MOBAs and MMOs are your thing, I guess. Steam is a "good" drop off point, but it suffers horrendously from Sturgeon's Law (90% is crap, 10% is good).

The Wii U has games more oriented towards couch multiplayer. The problem is, if you don't have anyone to play with, a lot of the fun isn't there. And apparently gamers don't have friends.

This is coming from me who knows people who own one to all three consoles and/or a gaming PC. As for myself, I own a PS4, a Wii U, and a gaming PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raerae said:
There's so many variables! From which system you think looks better to which actually runs better in favor of the gamer. I think a console says a lot about a person, lol.
I've always been a Sony girl, so I'm PS4 all the way. From the sleek black exterior to the familiarity of the controllers, I'm just kind of sold on it. I'll be purchasing one relatively soon.

I would LOVE an RpN gaming group! Would very much like to be notified if that manifests, I'll join for sure. :)

Regardless of opinions, best of luck choosing!
It always makes me giggle when people refer to the black playstations cause mine is so wonderfully bright and white 8D hehe

For background I had a PlayStation, then I switched to Xbox (Morrowwind was only on Xbox at first because the PS2 had no hard drive back then) and I hung on with Xbox for the 360. So I can't say I am a fanboy either way. I pre-ordered both the Xbox One and the PS4 when they are announced, with the idea that I could cancel one as things developed, (one of the benefits of Amazon Prime pre-orders is that you don't have to pay up front) . When Microsoft pulled all their shenanigans that got them so flamed early on with the Xbox One I canceled my pre-order. I'm kind of glad I did because owning a PS4 I got to play Last of Us Remastered, which IMO has one of the best stories of any game I have ever played (easily in my personal top 5 games of all time. In fact, I would say that for entertainment value, on my own personal scale, I put it right between the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games (at one and two respectively), and Mass Effect (yes I am one of those who was so soured by the ending that I have not been able to pick up and play any Mass Effect game again--and that after fully playing 1 & 2 over 20 times each, otherwise Mass Effect would have been my number one).

I will say the new Xbox One announcement of backwards compatibility may get me to buy one in a year or two once prices drop some more so I can play my large 360 library, but I am in no hurry.

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
^ I would really disagree with that. It just gets people hyped up about which is better. PC maybe good but only certain games go to PC but I'm going to keep my mouth shut about it and go away.
Here's a secret, hun.

We almost have everything console has. We just don't have Halo or Destiny... yet.

Oh, and here's a list of PC
only games:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_exclusive_games

To put it into perspective for those who won't click the link, the chart below is a diagram of just games beginning with A.

l9PE1om.png

Both Xbox and PS4, on the day of release, were notably less powerful than a midrange gaming PC. Today in 2015, the difference is even more pronounced.

If you have a history of enjoying Xbox live games, then the choice seems pretty certain. Additionally, as others have pointed out, backward compatibility is going to be a thing in the near future, so if you have a library of games for Xbox 360, that could weigh into the choice as well.

With all that said...PC gaming master race.(B')

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaine said:
It always makes me giggle when people refer to the black playstations cause mine is so wonderfully bright and white 8D hehe
Huh. That's very true, I completely forgot the array of colors. I purchase all my consoles jet black, wasn't thinking! My apologies! :P

Raerae said:
Huh. That's very true, I completely forgot the array of colors. I purchase all my consoles jet black, wasn't thinking! My apologies! :P
its cool man. i lucked out and got the destiny edition ps4 since at the time it was the ebst deal and a game i really wanted so it was like "why not?" Honestly ive grown quite fond of it and when i see a black one it feels so different cause im so use to mine. :P

Kaine said:
its cool man. i lucked out and got the destiny edition ps4 since at the time it was the ebst deal and a game i really wanted so it was like "why not?" Honestly ive grown quite fond of it and when i see a black one it feels so different cause im so use to mine. :P
Oh, I remember that deal. Lucky you! White just never seemed official to me, odd and inaccurate, I know. Happy gaming!

PS4 seems to be the more popular choice in sales, but XBOX 1 is lowering their price and planning to release backward compatibility in the near future. However, I've gotta say in my opinion the exclusives for PS4 look a lot better...especially if your a Final Fantasy fan.

Most games on the XBox are also on PS4, but that's not always a two way street. Any game that is just on the XBox also makes its way to the PC eventually, so I' sayshoot for Sony. I have a PS4 and I've been pretty happy with it so far, being someone whose never had Sony console before.

Just don't trust them with your credit card number.

I would have chosen Xbox, but the online part (if you want to talk and not spend 30 minutes muting every new player) is practically a pile of crap. I've had experience, and by that, I mean i've experienced 11 year olds cursing and 15 year olds screaming about stuff not being fair. I suggest PS4.

I have always had Xbox. However, after buying the Ps4 I am not sorry I did. I still like Xbox's interface a little more, but there is a vaster amount of games available to Ps4 only. The online gaming aspect of things also seems to work better on Ps4.

PS4, because I've had an Xbox and have an Xbox 360, so I wanted to try Sony (also games such as Bloodborne convinced me).

Look me up on PSN, Raznet.

I have both. I play xbox one a lot more. COD, Halo, DBZ every now and then and Destiny every now and then.

NickOnTheReg is my tag. add me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back