• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom X-Men Evolution: Interest Check

Ryse

banner-3-128867.jpg

"Since this is personal, let's keep it personal. Now most of you have children, and you love them for who they are-not for what they can or can’t do. There is a chance that one of them will have an advanced X-gene, and as they grow older, they will be considered mutants. You will love them, anyway. But people will hate them. And people will want to hurt them. You will hope for the day that your child can live in a safe world. Well, that world must begin now. With you. By allowing mutants to attend public school. Thank you." —Jean Grey to The School-board

So, i don't know about ya'll, but for me i think my love for superheroes originally spawned from the X-men. I remember at one point when i was a kid i was watching the 'X-Men' movie with Hugh Jackman and thinking 'this is neat'. Not really knowing what the movie was really about cause ya know...i was a dumb kid. But some years later i remember coming across X-men Evolution, an animated series on Disney channel XD i believe. Needless to say i was totally floored and i guess that is where my 'real' love for superheroes spawned. For those of you who might remember the show or are big fans, it is basically a show revolving around the conflict between humans and mutants. Xaviars Students are all 'outcast' at the start of the show, leading relatively normal lives until their X-Gene manifest and pretty much uproot their lives. Forcing their parents to take them to the School for Gifted youngsters in order to learn to control their new 'abilities'.

On top of this, the school board of Bayville High School agreed to be one of the first establishments to accept mutant children into their student body, giving the show two sources for drama. While most of the X Kids lived at the mansion, they went to a public school as well which gave the show a lot of opportunity for conflict. On top of this you had The Brotherhood, Misunderstood and angry mutants, villains, and ect all running about.

So this interest check is going to function pretty much exactly how the show did. Difference being both canons and OCs are allowed but there will be a much bigger focus on OCs. Canons i'd allow would mainly be the staff of Xavier's school. Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Xavier himself. But for the students i'd like there to be some originality. I do not however mind if you make an original character with a canon characters powers. Like a OC with Nightcrawler or Cyclopes powers but you really make them your own, I'd be fine with that.

You can create a staff member and official X-Man, or a student just falling into their X-gene abilities. The RP will take place in New York City and some characters may not have even discovered their powers yet and are still attending normal schools elsewhere but get mixed up with criminals or mutants which allows them to still play with everyone else. Some mutants may just be vigilantes unaware of Xavier's school and are just trying to balance their normal life with their hero life until they get discovered and brought to the school. Or ya know, they could be disowned by their parents and forced to runaway.

Lots of teen angst, lots of drama, lots of fun. So who is interested in this?

It was kids WB channel.

Is this casual or do you want long paragraphs

Last edited:
It was kids WB channel.

I'll join. Is this casual or do you want long paragraphs

Was a bunch of channels. Disney XD included. At any rate, i'd say its a steady mix? I mean i expect at LEAST a paragraph per post but for really dramatic moments or big scenes bigger post would be nice as well. I'm not going to command ten paragraphs a post though xD.

An X-Men RP? Sign me up, fam!

Eyyyyyyy *Makes X with arms*

Uh.. Could be interested. Would like to know whether the roleplay will follow comic canon - with all the other superpowered subspecies such as Inhumans, Mutates and etc being active and known - or movie canon - where only mutants exist - first though.

Uh.. Could be interested. Would like to know whether the roleplay will follow comic canon - with all the other superpowered subspecies such as Inhumans, Mutates and etc being active and known - or movie canon - where only mutants exist - first though.

For simplicity and a focus on the theme this is focused on 'mutants'. Don't wanna involve other stuff like people falling from the sky and what not. This is meant to be a focus on the Mutant conflict with society. And we have *some* canons but for the most part we do our own thing with OCs mostly. Only canons you'll see are probably some of the villains and faculty of Xaviers school.

For simplicity and a focus on the theme this is focused on 'mutants'. Don't wanna involve other stuff like people falling from the sky and what not. This is meant to be a focus on the Mutant conflict with society. And we have *some* canons but for the most part we do our own thing with OCs mostly. Only canons you'll see are probably some of the villains and faculty of Xaviers school.
So no people bitten by radioactive spidwrs or super technological aliens whatsoever? Great.

I'd be more than interested in some classic mutant only action.

So no people bitten by radioactive spidwrs or super technological aliens whatsoever? Great.

I'd be more than interested in some classic mutant only action.

Actually i am making a Spider Girl but she got her powers from the X-gene rather than a radioactive spider. So you can have abilities so long as they are things that the X gene would realistically give you xD.

Actually i am making a Spider Girl but she got her powers from the X-gene rather than a radioactive spider. So you can have abilities so long as they are things that the X gene would realistically give you xD.
I'll only accept that if you give her biological webbing and spider venom. Pls, that's important to me.

Sure, i would be up for some X-Men! Over the years it was always at the back of my mind, other superhero type movies, shows and games took precedence in my view of the genre. Recently, however, I have examined how much I actually love X-Men, from the powers to the characters. It has quickly become my favourite.

Sure, i would be up for some X-Men! Over the years it was always at the back of my mind, other superhero type movies, shows and games took precedence in my view of the genre. Recently, however, I have examined how much I actually love X-Men, from the powers to the characters. It has quickly become my favourite.

Fandom - X-Men Evolution Roster

Here ya go ^^. Discord link is above as well lol.

Ello, I am still under a gag order until I finish my community service. It should take no more than 24 hours. While waiting for that I would like to state that I am into this. I will check out the CS and see what I can come up with in the meantime.

I think I am going to give this a bit more time to generate interest and develop. It seems it needs a bit more refinement. I will check in tomorrow and see what has become of it.

I think I am going to give this a bit more time to generate interest and develop. It seems it needs a bit more refinement. I will check in tomorrow and see what has become of it.

We have a bunch of people already and the first arc of the entire plot is already figured out. We are just waiting for apps to get done.

Alright we got nine people so far. We'll keep this open though to see if we can get some more but the thread will be posted today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back