• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern x A Fight for Survival x~Zombies Bite (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Eli Cartwright
potentialElialternate.jpgAs the two of them traipsed down a deserted road in the vicinity of an old park, Eli hummed softly to himself. He tried to take his mind off of the numbing cold, at least until the exertion of walking around had warmed him up to some degree. As they walked, he tried to pay attention to the sides of the road and the buildings. He knew from some experience that walkers would sometimes hide in the buildings, for years. He recalled one episode scavenging for his brother where he found six of them shambling around in a broken-down train car a short walk down the tracks from the subway station. Eli was naturally a bit bolder than Alex, and where she identified danger he identified a source of adventure. Of course, much of this sprung from his naivete and lack of understanding about what the legions of the undead were actually like.

At one point, he heard her comment on the fact that the city used to be lively and full of people. He nodded his head. "Yep, kinda spooky isn't it? These buildings are probably full of all kinds of ghosts and creepy things," he suggested. He was going to say more, but noticed that Alex had snapped into a state of alertness. He unslung his rifle and chambered a round, pointing it in the same general direction that she was pointing her weapon.

"What is it?" He murmured, after a few seconds of not seeing anything. Suddenly, the branch of the tree shifted and he was scared half to death by his partner discharging her weapon right beside his ear. He shifted to the side, watching as a murder of crows flew out from the tree.

"Jeez, I shouldn't have been standing so close," he muttered. He glanced back in the direction of the tree. "Come on, miss, you're jumping at shadows."

No sooner had he said this then gunshots began to crackle on the other side of the park. He glanced towards Alex with a look of concern, and quickly took his field binoculars out of his satchel and brought them up to his eyes. In the low light, it was hard to see anything especially through the park's overgrown trees. The gunshots were coming from the west side, so he assumed whatever was going on was probably not their concern - except that it likely would be in short order. As he dialed in his binoculars, he heard Theo radioing in for help from his side.

"That's probably them," he said, pointing across the park as he put his binoculars away, "we need to cover their retreat." That being said, he decided to do the chivalrous thing and take point as they crashed through the brush in the direction of the gunfire, rifle aimed barrel-out towards the enemy.

Bellz Bellz (Alex) Misty Gray Misty Gray (Theo) and the rest

Jax Darby
Jax outside .jpgJax was about to say something more on the subject of Matt not betraying the west when his radio went off, causing the man raise an eyebrow. Soon after, gunfire sounded off, echoing through the large trees. Another sound could be heard and it had Jax backing up slowly, away from the visible horde. Matt told him to stay behind him and the man hesitated slightly. He definitely didn’t want to stick around without a weapon, but something told him that if he were to just take off in the other direction, it would come back to bite him in the ass.

Jax reluctantly did as he was told, watching as Matt shot a few rounds towards some of the zombies turning their attention towards them. The man couldn’t help but notice how slow these creatures were compared to the one he had seen around his home. Guess it was to match the intelligence of its prey, he guessed. Matt tried desperately to get ahold of his leader but there was nothing but static on the other side. The man secretly hoped that the woman had already fallen to the horde.

with: Matt DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

Alex Bailey
Bexley Withers
Bexley gun gif 2 .gif
Alex turned to Eli quickly as she lowered her rifle, ”Sorry.” She uttered, her heart thumping in her chest as he eye glanced at the tree one final time. She really was jumping at nothing. Shaking her head, Alex was about to walk on when gunfire could be heard off in the distance. Alex’s eyes went wide as she looked to Eli, wondering what the hell was going on. ”What is it?” She asked lowly as Eli looked through his binoculars. Before he could answer, both of their radios went off, Teddy’s voice asking for assistance, the west was under attack.

Both Eli and Alex didn’t hesitate as they quickly sprinted into action, taking off in the direction of the West, running through the trees. Reaching for her walkie as she carefully avoided tripping, she lifted it to her lips, ”This is Alex, we are on our way.” She spoke clearly before placing her walkie back on her belt.

Due to how far away they were, Alex feared that they wouldn’t make it on time. She wasn’t sure what to expect when they arrived on the scene, but she definitely wasn’t expecting to see a zombie running towards the small group that was already beginning to defend the border. Alex didn’t stop running until she stood to Theo’s left. Her eyes widened once again as she took in the thing that was running all over the place. An arrow bulged from its knee caps and the open wound on its leg from a bullets looked like it should have been able to take him down, but it was doing nothing.

The Western Leader, Bexley turned to the two newcomers on the scene. ”DO NOT KILL IT.” She shouted firmly as she fired a few more rounds at the other zombies that were walking slowly being the bigger one. Confused by this, Alex hesitated in her firing but after a moment she quickly pulled on the trigger, releasing a long and steady stream of bullets that sprayed across the front of the herd.

Bexley then turned to Mac, finally able to get an answer out. ”Who the fuck knows! But apparently we can’t kill it!” This was frustrating but Bexley knew that this thing could be useful in the Doc’s research. ”Keep aiming for the legs!” She told the redhead before her head turned to look for the Doc. When she found Ivan a few hundred yards behind her, the woman nodded her head firmly before turning around to face the heard and the “Super Zombie.” Lifting her radio to her lips, she spoke, ”Get ready Doc!” With that, she clipped the radio back to her side and lifted her rifle again firing at the giant thing and aiming for the legs and arms.

The bullets embedded themselves into the skin of the beast but it was absolutely useless. ”Back up!” Bexley shouted to those around her, taking steps back as the Super Zombie continued to barrel towards them, only slightly slowed by the spray of bullets being fired at it. It screeched again, echoing through the park loudly as blood oozed from its lips. The monster seemed to be taking the bait as it continued to follow the group, eyeing the humans hungrily as it growled and gurgled. Bexley continued to jog back towards Ivan, hoping that he knew what he was doing.

with: Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Mac MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ; Ivan shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ; Eli Shireling Shireling

John sleeping on the lounge was awakened by running, there were people running past him. Which was unusual that people would run in the building, John asks why they are running groggily. They respond “there’s a horde attack on west! We’re going to watch from the top floor, We can’t help them even though there’s some east people there too. But We’re not fit for a horde defense by a long shot. Seeya John.” They say in unison as they bolt for the stairs.

John jolts up and runs to the armory and grabs some ammo he think they will need, he also grabs a shotgun and three pistols. Then leaves to join them. Regretting falling asleep and not just walk around more. He wanted peace and unity for all sides, and this was a perfect time to exercise trust. If the east help this could be monumental for peace later.

John bolts his way to the west, often dodging zombies and saving his ammo for the horde. When he comes he hears the echoing boom of guns. He runs towards them to see a fellow east man with a shotgun and two woman.

“Hey! I’m here with ammo, 2 extra pistols and 1 extra shotgun.” He greets as he runs towards them. Seeing the crippled zombie he noticed no one was going to kill it. “Hey why are y’all not going to kill it?” He asks looking at the zombie quizzically.

Johnson offers them the extra guns and ammo to them in case they need them. He thought ahead and never liked being without in times of need.

Matthew Williams

Hearing no reply save for static and echoing gunshots from nearby, he debated what to do. Honestly, it was best to hold here and await further orders. This was the only thing keeping him from running towards the gunfire in hopes of seeing Bexley alive and well. So, with adrenaline flooding him and trained instincts in hold, he began to fire off shots. Methodically aiming for the heads of any of the undead that popped up, sending the rotting brains flying like some sort of gorish whack-a-mole.

"Of fucking course she's late when my ass is stranded out here on my own."

He growled this, more so to himself in hopes of alleviating the slight fear he felt in the situation. Because he knew very well that it was better to keep his route open than run into a gunfight and get shot. That, and leaving Jax wasn't a good idea, nor was taking him along. He tried the radio again, jamming the button down with his shoulder and chin as he quickly reloaded the pistol.

"Bexley Fucking Withers! My ass is stuck out here by the wall and if you don't copy in the next few minutes, I'll assume you got your ass killed. I think there's a breach in the section between the east and west border area, deeper into central park. At least it's what I assume, seeing them coming from that direction. "

Bellz Bellz (Jax and Bexley)

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: Everyone there

Interactions: Ivan ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ), Bex ( Bellz Bellz )

Mackenzie emerald green eyes narrowed as she watched the creature continue to barrel forward. All she wanted was to sink an expandable bolt into what was left of its brain, but the doctor said differently. Mac didn't quite understand what the doctor was doing, and she would rather rid the world of walkers than save them. But, when it came down to it, Mackenzie knew that a cure needed to be found eventually. Preferably sooner instead of later.

Turning and following the others towards Ivan's position, Mac put some distance in between herself and the horde led by that disastrous creature. Pausing, Mac spun back to face the creature. She aimed at the creature's feet, quickly launching an expandable arrow through each of the creature's feet. She hoped that the arrow would pass through the decrepit tissue and embed into the ground below, effectively pinning the creature's feet to the ground. But having no idea what kind of strength this thing had, she couldn't be sure.

Looking out over the horde, Mackenzie tried to think of a strategy to take them out. Where were they coming from, how could they be stopped? "Shit," Mac cursed under her breath, adrenaline filling her veins like magma. Swinging her crossbow over her shoulder, Mac pulled a dagger from its sheath and sliced straight through the skull of a walker that had gotten to close for comfort. Murky brown blood spattered across her shirt and tainted the shiny metal of the blade, but Mac ignored it. Reaching into her pocket to pull the extra clips, she tossed them to Bex. "What's the plan, ranger?"

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Robert Sloan Jr.
[Mentions: Bellz Bellz (Alex), Shireling Shireling (David) ]

2 weeks earlier....

Robert waited for them to leave. He had an impression that she was a new comer to the group or she was given the position as a scout just recently. Well he had no arguments with waiting in the scorching sun that would make him much more darker than he is already but at least he had a place. He now had the task of making a lasting first impression.

Soon after they were moving towards the HQ. His heart started to race in anticipation. The layout of the city suggested Super structures so there was no way they would be living in a small apartment. They must have cleared a large building spacious enough for everyone to live comfortably. Well he was not mistaken. The building was a place he would call home. Soon they reached the right floor.

"Yes. Coming from the countryside, the journey here was not easy and I had to keep an eye on a very dangerous enemy, 'Man'. They are the ones I am scared off the most." He took a seat and placed his bag-pack infront of his legs.

The comment on the Santa made him laugh. "Okay you have my word. I won't say anything" When she was called inside, he made a subconscious move and follow her. He had no idea why he did that but he did.

"My name is Robert Sloan Jr." He stretched his hand towards the old man. He clearly looked like Santa, that he was certain of. He took the chair opposite of him and placed his bag in-front of his legs. "The stairs are not that much. I prefer to stretch my legs once in a while. It was a good exercise." He fiddled with his fingers before he snapped to reality.

"So let me introduce myself. I used to own a large farm and produce center called 'Robert's Produce' and it was fairly successful. I specialized in crop husbandry and did some small scale animal care. Nothing too big like birds and some sheep. I invested heavily into the business well before all this. My parents..." he stopped himself so that he could compose himself. The vivid picture of his parents always made him freeze. "...my parents were my stronghold and since the farm was overrun by the undead, I set out to find a place i could grow my crops..or what's left of them." He opened his bag and placed a bag of seeds on the table. "That is all is left of my farm. Any opportunity for me to continue with my practice will be heavily appreciated."

Present Day...

Two weeks have passed ever since he was accepted into the crew. They were relatively silent days and no major incident has occurred. He only knew two people so far, Alex and the co-head David. He usually kept his interactions to a minimal but if he was to blend in, he must know everybody. Besides, he will be the one feeding them.

Eli Cartwright
potentialElialternate.jpgAfter a few minutes of falling through the brush, Eli and Alex emerged on the other side of the park with Alex running directly up to the small firing line that was being formed and was slowly inching back as the largest and downright most disgusting zombie Eli had ever seen was still making its way towards them. He raised his rifle, about to draw a bead on the zombie's head, when he heard them holler not to kill it, which seemed a strange request to Eli. It seemed to him that, perhaps, they were luring the creature into a hastily-made trap of some kind. Maybe.

Eli, having a weapon that was better at range, shouted out to Theo, "I'm going to get a vantage point! I'll cover your retreat!"

Running up to the nearby building, he slung his rifle back around his shoulder and mounted a ladder to take him up to a bit of a lip that hung out over the third floor windows. The ladder was bounded by a cage, which caused him some consternation, but seeing as it was extremely weather worn he aimed a few solid kicks at the caged portion hoping to break off the rusty metal. It did give way, almost taking him with it. Eli clung hard to the ladder as the rusty metal debris fell and clattered to the pavement below. Wasting no time, he tested his weight on the ledge, then shifted his body onto it. He laid out in a prone position, using his satchel as something soft to rest his arms on.

By this time, they had moved a considerable distance backwards, but the horde was still approaching. He took aim and squeezed the trigger, one of the foremost walker's heads exploding into a mist of blood like a watermelon. He worked the bolt, the hot brass cartridge clattering to the ground below him, and fired again, this time a more ineffective shot at the legs that nevertheless crippled one of the advancing walkers to be dealt with up close. He worked the bolt and continued to fire in this manner, finally pulling the slide back when he had exhausted his ammunition and slotting six more cartridges into the rifle.

Bellz Bellz Misty Gray Misty Gray Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat @ whoever else

Dr. Ivan Salazar

Ivan secretly thanked whatever divine creator was out there. The headstrong leader not only listened but managed to get the other trigger happy individuals to listen as well. When Bexley officially made the call to fall back, Ivan was already setting his rifle aside and pulling out the primitive dart gun. It had an effective range of 50 yards and even then it would be a hard shot to land. Thankfully, this was Dr. Salazar we were talking about.

The masked man loaded a dart and took aim. The survivors kept laying into the big Wyrm's legs and arms but it seemed to be doing little but angering the creature.

150 yards

Ivan took aim at the creature, leveling the sight at the creature's chest.

100 yards

An entire football field away and yet, they were closing the distance rapidly. The Doc made the quick decision to leave the satchel open and ripped open the pack that contained his first aid kit. He dug around quickly fished out the syringe inside.

70 yards

It was meant for morphine in the middle of a tense situation but the Wyrms didn't feel pain in the first place. Today, it might serve a different purpose.

60 yards

Ivan took aim and fired.

The dart filled with the chemical agent soared the air in complete silence. He took into account that these darts took time to travel and sure enough, as the chemically loaded syringe started to slow down, the huge infected's fast pace cause it to collide into its chest.

The needle sunk deep and true into its body, dumping the content inside.

And it did nothing. The creature didn't even slow down.

45 yards

Ivan quickly loaded another dart and fired again. Again the dart found its target and did nothing.

35 yards

It was close enough to hear its ragged breaths and guttural screeches of hunger and anger. Another dart is loaded and fired

28 yards.

The survivors had almost reached his position and this thing was showing no signs of slowing down. That's when Ivan decided to just give it everything he had left. One after another he loaded darts and fired them at the large Wyrm without fail. Each found their target as it approached ever closer.

"Come on. Come on come on come on. Duermete pero duermete." he muttered under his breath.

15 yards.

They were practically on top of him when massive creature began to finally slow its stride but it certainly wasn't stopping. Ivan could hear his heartbeat in his ears and at this point, he could give less of a damn about the survivors that led this beast to him. To the Doc, it was just him and the Wyrm.

10 yards

A stone's throw away. Right on top of them. The empty darts shook violently with every step the monster took and one could tell its movements were becoming sloppy. As if the creature had suddenly realized it was drunk.

But the beast refused to fall. It didn't give in. It stumbled, ever determined towards the group of survivors that had long since ran past Dr. Salazar. It was now or never.

The doc fished a vial out of the satchel and plunged the syringe he pulled into it, drawing the chemical entirely until it the syringe could draw no more.

Sal pulled his pistol free from its holster and ran straight at the beast. He emptied the entire magazine mid-sprint into the creature's chest, confident it wouldn't do much except get its attention. He needed it focused on him now, not the cannon fodder behind him.

Sure enough, it worked like a charm.

The large infected stumbled lazily towards Ivan and with a surprising amount of speed, swung one of it's long, spindly limbs at him. The doctor ducked under the swing and discarded the now empty Beretta, his only weapon being the syringe filled to the brim with the chemical agent.

Again the beast swung and again, Ivan narrowly evaded the blow. Its movements were getting sloppier and sloppier as time went on but the herd of infected grew ever closer as well. Ivan was betting that eventually one of those swings was going to unbalance it and cause it to fall over.

The amount of time it took for the beast to finally fall to its bullet-ridden knees was under a minute but that minute had felt like an eternity. It had finally swung wildly and the weight of it's own arm had caused it to stumble and fall. Ivan's grey eyes widened and he didn't hesitate.

With the grace of someone half his age, Dr. Salazar pulled his knife and leapt onto the creature's back. He sank his knife into the back of its shoulder and used the knife itself as a pseudo handhold to stay on the beast.

The Wyrm didn't like this one bit and tried to reach back and grab the doctor but the drug made its movements uncoordinated and it just ended up flailing its arms in the air.

But eventually it would take hold of him. He needed this thing down.

There was a thin membrane that protected the brain through the ear canal. Normally, it protected it very well but not from a hypodermic needle. Ivan waited until the Wyrm's thrashing slowed enough for him to use his "knife-hold" and pull himself up to the creature's head. His arm wrapped around its neck and in one motion, he plunged syringe straight into the ear canal. The membrane made a satisfying pop as it gave way and Ivan deposited the drug content directly into the engine of the infected.

The effects this time were immediate. It was as if the fight had just been completely sucked out of the Wyrm and practically collapsed to the frigid street.

But one of those arms finally managed to find its target.

It still had enough strength to grip Ivan's coat with vice-like intensity. As if he weighed as much as a pillow, the monstrosity used the last drops of its energy to fling Ivan off it's back. To say the Doctor flew was an understatement. It was more like he was pitched through the air. If he had hit a tree or a wall, that would have been the death of him. But luckily, the creature didn't seem to posses that level of intelligence and just flung him any which direction, which sent him soaring past the other survivors and eating the pavement behind them.

The sound of his body hitting the concrete was anything but pleasant and one could clearly hear the gas mask Ivan always wore shatter upon impact. The doctor looked like a ragdoll, skipping across the flattop until he came to a very concerning stop.

Nobody moved. Neither the creature nor the doctor. It was several breaths before the Doc began to stir and try to stand. He braced himself with his arms and tried to push up, as one normally would but it suddenly felt like someone had stabbed HIM in the left shoulder, causing him to collapse again.

Ivan rolled onto his right side and managed to push himself upright into a sitting position. He dared not move his left arm for fear of furthering damaging it. He would need to get Jay to look at it when they got back.

Dr. Salazar was panting heavily, staring at his lap when a few drops of crimson fell onto his cargo pants. He wasnt sure if it was from his head from the impact with the concrete, the shattered mask pieces embedded in his skin right now, or a combination of both, and he didn't exactly care.

Only one thing mattered.

With a loud groan of pain, Ivan willed himself to stand, albeit wobbly, on his own two feet. One side of his vision had gone black and he sincerely hoped he hadn't lost an eye. The eye that remained open stared with cold determination at Bexely. "Grab the creature. It wont be able to move but I dont know for how long."

Ivan limped back over to the group and pointed with his "good" arm at the syringe in its ear, "Someone grab the needle and my equipment. In the satchel, Is three more vials of the drug. If it starts to move, fill the syringe and jam it into his ear as hard as you can, then inject."

The Doc looked up at the still sizable herd with disinterest before he turned his one-eyed gaze to Bexley, the other one soaked in blood, "The Wyrm horde should not be much of a problem. But we need to move the specimen. It's not safe here." He managed to say in between heavy breaths.

His injuries and the injuries of others could wait. This needed to be done first. For all of their sakes.

Everyone Everyone here cuz that's too many usernames to tag lolololol

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Well things do tend to go down the drain pretty quick, Nik thought to himself as he was shooting from his vantage point. His sniper rifle hitting every target on point as he could hear his father in his mind with that stupid mantra. No mercy, no survivors. There were too many coming for him to take down. He was debating if he should head down and help, hearing the call out over the radio to the east for help sold it. Getting up, Nik abandoned the Sniper and picked up a shotgun. Climbing down the ladder that crawled up the side of the building, he reached the bottom.

Making his way to the close by battle, Nik shot at anything that came at him. He reached Bex and the group and was about to shoot when he heard a shout not to kill it. With no hesitation, Nik focused on killing the others his face void of any emotion as round after round was sunk into the undead coming at them all.

Looking to Bex when the fighting seemed to stop, Nik focused on catching his breath. Taking a moment to check himself for any sign of being infected and was happy when nothing appeared.

Bexley Withers
Bexley with rifle gif.gif
The Western leader caught the extra clip that Mac had thrown to her with ease. The woman seemed to have a sixth sense for knowing when Bex would run out of ammo and the leader loved Mac for it, along with all the other things that made the woman great. When asked what the plan was, Bex ground her teeth as she tried to tell herself that she had to trust the Doctor on this, that not killing the beast coming towards them would help them more than killing it. ”We continue to move back! Don’t kill the big one, aim for the feet and worry about the rest as they come!” Bex told the woman before removing a now empty clip from her rifle, replacing it with the new one she had been given quickly.

”Keep coming back! Back off!” She told the others as she continued to jog back towards the doctor, opening fire on the large beast that continued to barrel towards them. The thing wasn’t slowing down, even as it took shot after shot, it showed no signs of giving in. Bex and the others backed up past the doctor and she watched as the beast took a dart to the chest. Nothing. It was getting too close for comfort, the beast was determined to tear into the fresh meat only a few yards away from it.

Bexley continued to fire at it, helplessly wanting the thing to stop dead in its tracks. The woman let out a frustrated growl as she watched the others from the horde get closer and closer. She knew they wouldn’t be able to stay behind the Doctor for too long, needed to get back onto the field to fight before the horde became to much for them to handle.
Bex turned to her left, seeing a few of the zombies getting too close to the East side. She fired at each, aiming and watching as their skulls exploded on impact before falling to the ground. Turning back to her right, she saw that the beast was finally beginning to slow in its rush over to them all. It slowed but it still didn’t come to a stop. ”That things not coming down without a fight!” Bex shouted to the Doctor as she watched him plunge a syringe into a vial of chemicals. The man pulled out his pistol and to her surprise, ran straight for the beast.

”WHAT THE FUCK-“ Bex screamed to him, her eyes wide. The man had a death wish it seemed as he fired relentlessly at the beast’s chest before discarding his empty weapon. Bex gasped as she held up her hands towards the group, ”Aim for behind him!” She shouted as she fixed her own aim towards the walkers who were slowly starting to catch up to the scene. Bexley hadn’t seen the creature grab the Doctor, but she saw the shadow the man casted as he flew over them and into the pavement behind them all.

She whipped around faster than she could think, staring wide eyed at the doctor as he laid there, not moving for a considerable amount of time. The woman began to back up towards him, wanting to make sure he was alive. Her eyes stared at him as her foot steps came to a halt, he twitched a bit before finally moving. The Western leader let out a soft sigh in relief. They may not have gotten along well, but she still needed his help in all this.

When the Doctor finally stood, she could see that one of his eyes was only open. She didn’t have a chance to say anything about it however, for Ivan seemed to be more worried about getting the beast out of the area. Her head nodded firmly at his words, but her eyes casted in the direction of the horde that was still slowly moving its way towards them all. They would need to be taken care of quickly.

Grabbing her radio, she finally acknowledged Matt who had been frantically screaming at her the whole time, ”I need you to get back to get back to base. I’m sending out an extra team to the borders right now to take care of the horde. Over.” She had heard something about a breach, but at the moment she couldn't take the time she needed to process and take care of it. With that, she took her finger off the talk button and waited a few seconds before calling out their back up team. Bexley placed her radio back in place before turning towards those who belonged to the East. ”Its important that we get this thing out of here…with that being said, we need the frontline controlled. If not for our faction, at least do it for the protection of yours…they can end up on your side if left alone.” Her eyes then specifically searched for Theo. She hoped that he would at least hold up this end so they could get the large creature away and locked up.

Bexley looked to Mac, Nik and finally Ivan. Nodding her head firmly once, she headed straight towards the body of the beast, placing her rifle back in its strap on her back., she instead reached for her pistol hanging in its holster at her hip. She wanted to be able to help carry the fucker but wanted to be armed with at least something. ”Nik, grab the other side and we will lift it. Mac, grab the needle and Doc’s stuff. If this thing begins to twitch, I want you to give him the good stuff.” Cautiously, she approached the beast and peered over it. It appeared to be asleep? Definitely not dead as the whole point was keeping it alive…

She looked disgusted at it before nodding her head at it, wanting the others to follow quickly. ”Let’s go. I don’t want any surprises.” The brunette looked to the Doc and he looked in worst shape than she had previously thought upon a short inspection. Grabbing her walkie once again, she lifted it to her lips, ”I’m going to need our medical staff on the scene once we get into base, Jay, Dr. Salazar is injured. Be prepared for our arrival. Over.” Placing it away again, she reached down and grabbed the beast by his shoulders, grimacing at the feel of his thick skin pulled tightly over his bones.
With: Dr. Salazar shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ; Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Eli Shireling Shireling
Speaks directly with: Matt DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster ; Nik Nightblade Nightblade ; Mac MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ; Jay Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentions: Alex (me) ; John Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: Everyone there

Interactions: Ivan ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ), Bex ( Bellz Bellz )

Mackenzie nodded at Bex's commands, swinging her crossbow over her shoulder. She loaded a few more expandable bolts one after the other and easily aimed down her sights, watching as they sunk through the approaching zombies' eye sockets. Expandable bolts were exceptionally effective against walkers. Once the bolt hits its target, the metal tip springs open and expands, destroying the tissue from the inside. Her walker victims fell to the ground, no longer animated. She made a mental note to collect the bolts at some point later.

Mac cursed loudly when the doctor started racing towards the new creature. "Does he want to fucking die?" she cursed, wondering how sane he truly was. Nevertheless, she took aim at the horde and helped to hold off any zombies from reaching the doctor. Her emerald eyes widened drastically as the creature launched the doctor over her head. "Screw this," she muttered, aiming a bolt at the creature's head. No walker could hurt her people and get away with it. Just as Mackenzie was about to pull the trigger, the creature fell over, seeming to pass out from whatever the doctor had injected it with.

Mac wasn't really on bored with taking that thing closer to their base. But she trusted Bex's judgment on the matter, and nodded nonetheless. "Roger," she murmured, swinging the crossbow over her shoulder so that it rested comfortably on her back. She picked up the doctor's satchel and slung it over her other shoulder before pulling the syringe from the creature's ear. Being this close to it unnerved her a bit, but Mackenzie wasn't about to admit that to anyone around. Pulling one of her blades from its sheath, needing to arm herself in order to feel safe in the situation, Mac took one last look at the monster before turning to Bex and the group. "Do we trust the East to hold the horde until our reinforcements arrive? After we take this thing back, I'll rush back to help out if needed."

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Theodore Ashworth

1548696507554-png.533179
Theo had been surprised and quite irritated when the beast continued approaching even after he'd fired his shotgun at its leg. He backed away from the zombie for a time as he heard Eli's voice shouting out to him. He briefly acknowledged the lad before looking around to get his bearings as to where the vantage point was in relation to himself and the horde. He was glad that he would be covered, but also needed to get his bearing so he could stay out of the path of the teenager's bullets.

As members of the West focused on taking the beast down without actually killing it, Theo was briefly suspicious of Ivan's intentions, but he didn't have time to mull over it and instead decided to focus on the herd of zombies slowly getting closer. He slotted the shotgun back into its holster before swinging his rifle off of his shoulder and lifting it to take aim at the walkers. He fired off bullets into the skulls of a couple of zombies with ease; his accuracy not hindered by the extreme situation.

Theo paused as he heard Bexley addressing the East. She pointed out the West needed to take the super zombie with them, which evoked a sceptical glance from the man, but more for the doctor's sake than his former lover's. She then pointed out it was for the East's benefit as well as her own faction's that they continued controlling the front line. He looked to her again, this time locking eyes with her. He sent her a simple nod, having intended on continued to take down the walkers regardless. He couldn't speak for the others present, but he wasn't about to walk away. He forced his attention away from Bexley and continued aiming of the advancing horde, showing no hesitation when firing at their heads.

Mentions: Bellz Bellz Shireling Shireling

th
Before Jylene had any chance of responding to the Doc, she heard Bex's frantic voice of the radio. There was a lot of static, but she did hear the right words. There was a horde of walkers coming towards them. Just as she was about to inform them to let Doc in the gate, something else grabbed his attention. It was a scream unlike any she had heard before. A bag with the supplies they were discussing was shoved into her arms before he took off towards his target. "Wai-," was all she could get out of her mouth before he soon disappeared. She was in shock and there was so much going on at once. It took someone shouting behind her to cause her to spring into action and get moving.

She ran back inside the compound, warning everyone that they were to be on high alert. Passing by Mick again, she managed to grab his wrist to make him follow. "Come with me. We have to make sure everyone is safe." Eventually, she let go, not quite sure if he was able to keep up with her pace. She didn't want to accidentally drag him. Her first destination was to make sure all the little ones were safe and everyone in the infirmary. She was trying not to sound panicked, but the worry was all over her face. More so because she didn't know what was going to happen and she hated being uncertain about things. The next thing she did was make sure the doors were locked and the windows covered as to not scare them.

Making sure everyone was on high alert seemed like a tough job. But once she was done, she got to a vantage point to watch what was going on. Taking out her binoculars, it made it a little easier. Though, they were still pretty far out and everything looked blurry. For the moment, it didn't seem like any of the walkers were getting through and that much was a relief. What shocked her, however, is seeing Doc run towards this weird creature as if to get it's attention. "What is that loco doctor doing down there, Bex?!" She asked over the radio, voice filled with fear and concern. Before she knew it, he was flying in the air and she was being instructed to get her medical team together. Everything was happening faster than she thought, but she knew one thing; she had questions and Sal better be well enough for her to ask them.

Mick ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Bex ( Bellz Bellz )

Matthew Williams

Matthew was not happy one bit, but after a quick confirmation, he fired off a few more bullets before looking at Jax. Dammit, how was he gonna deal with this. If he brought Jax back, he'd be in deep shit with Bex. But if he didn't and the East found his body on the West side, they'd accuse them of purposely letting the hordes kill one of their own. The tension was already thick over Jax's delegation. The death occurring when Bexley had been adamant about not giving him to East? That shit would set off several alarms.

A small part of him argued he was overthinking this. However, the larger part of himself was able to silence it as he reminded himself it's how he survived. Being ready for anything, no matter how unlikely, could keep him alive an extra day. In this world, this hellscape, that was a valid enough reason to put up with the overwhelming backlash of such overthinking.

"Look, you can either come with me and we arrange something to get you back East after this shit's dealt with, or you can brave the horde on your own. Unarmed."

Ultimately, it was Jax's decision. He wasn't going to stop him from being an idiot if he wanted to. While waiting for a response from Jax, he glanced the horder a small distance away from them, beginning to step away and prepare to run. In all honesty, he didn't want to leave the guy to die. But he'd been told to head back, and with or without Jax, he was going home alive tonight. Although, the situation did bring some memories to the surface. A back turned and subsequently latched onto. Three scarred lines down his spine. A blur of panic and fear of the unknown. But....he couldn't get caught in the moment. No one knew why he was scarred,or why he always kept his back away from any wandering beasts or threats until he could turn and run. A strategy? No. It was a small tic. An underlying habit sewn from an unhappy memory that cropped up any time he was forced to run into these monsters. Especially the ones that held any trace of feminine features beneath their rotting flesh.

Bellz Bellz (Jax and Bex)​

Eli Cartwright
potentialElialternate.jpgShucking the action, Eli brought his rifle back up and ready to fire. The horde didn't seem to be thinning out, so he put most of his attention on the zombies closest to his comrades to buy them a bit more time. He would fire, work the bolt, take a few seconds to adjust his aim, and fire again in an almost uninterrupted stream of crackling rifle fire. As he opened the breach to reload a second time, he heard the patter of footsteps behind him and rolled around on his back just in time to shield himself from another walker.

The creature, which he presumed had been trapped in one of the third story rooms and had ambled out onto the ledge to attack him, was atrophied from God-knows how many years of lying dormant in the broken down building. Thus, it was with relative ease that Eli was able to hold the creature an arm's length away, using his rifle as a fulcrum, and with the aid of his legs sending the creature sailing over the edge where it made a hideous crunching noise as it impacted the ground. Eli, startled from the encounter, caught his rifle that was precariously dangling off the ledge and finished reloading it. At first, the action jammed, but after enough opening and closing the bolt he was able to ram the breach closed and continue firing.

By now, it was clear that the people from the West were falling back to their defenses and he expected that the East would soon do the same. He rose again to his feet and mounted the ladder, but he had only made it down a rung or two when the whole apparatus gave way above him. The lower portion of the ladder broke off, landing firmly against the pavement and almost sending Eli sailing about two stories to certain injury and potential death. Luckily, the end of the ladder caught on a piece of debris and laid itself rather gingerly against the wall of the building, allowing a thoroughly startled Eli to climb down the rest as quick as he could. By now, he had shouldered his empty rifle and had unbuttoned his holster, withdrawing his .44 and falling back in with Theo and Alex.

"I don't see the end of them!" He hollered over the gunfire, hoping someone would mercifully correct him.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster @ a ton of other people

giphy.gif

Nik nodded and silently helped Bex carry this big monstrosity back to a secure lock down facility so the good doctor could examine it. The doctor maybe a lunatic but by god did he get results when it mattered. Walking back with an escort, Nik kept a steady pace so that they did not drop the brute but time was also of the essence. He could hear distant fire as the East were still fighting, despite carrying on Nik could not help but throw a worried glance backwards hoping he would be safe. Nik was sure he would, the East for all their faults stuck together when needed. Right now Nik just wanted a god damn drink and some food. The problem with these ambushes is that they happened at the worst possible times.

Mentions:
Bex: Bellz Bellz
Godfrey: Folklord Folklord
Ivan: shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Bexley Withers
Bexley with rifle gif.gifDespite how heavy the big infected was, Bexley kept up with her speed in walking and with the help of Nik, they managed to drag the beast back into base., the sounds of the Easts gunfire now faded into the background. ”I need my medical team here! NOW!” Bex hollered to the busy bodies that were running around, preparing their above ground base for an attack. Bexley knew that the Doctor would not be too pleased with her decision to place the beast in town and not back at his own place but he wasn’t in any position to make big decisions in that moment.

”Nik, lets place this thing in the Saloon where it can be watched…” Bexley backed up towards the large building that held the shooting range, pushing the door open with her foot before pushing her back against it to hold it open as they passed through it. They set the beast down with a large thud on the wooden floor and the beast let out a loud breath, causing Bexley to back away from it quickly, her handgun trained on the thing. When it was clear that the beast was not going to get up anytime soon, she turned to Ivan, her face serious. ”I need your to go see Jay right away. I normally would entertain your arguments, old man but today is not one of those days…your eye…” She trailed off as she stared openly at his face for a long moment.

Turning to Mac and Nik, Bexley nodded her head firmly,”Right, I need you two to keep an eye on this thing…I’ll send back up over once I get Ivan to Jay. Do not. I repeat, DO NOT…leave under any circumstances until I send the back up. Understood?” When she received a clear answer from the both of them, the leader huffed out a deep sigh before looking to the beast a final time. Whatever it was…they needed to destroy it, the Doctor would only get a small amount of time to find out what it was…

With that, Bexley swung her head towards the door, motioning for the Doctor to follow. ”Lets go.” She said, hesitating as she waited for him to follow before walking out along side him. In the chaos of bodies running around and securing the base, Bex found the one person she needed in that moment. ”JAY! OVER HERE!” She hollered, waving her hand out for the woman to find her. When the woman made it to her, Bexley looked at Ivan, ”The fucker threw him like a doll, he’s hurt bad. We have the beast in the Saloon but this needs to be taken care of first.” Bexley then reached for her radio, calling for that back up she promised to free up Mac and Nik, she was sure they needed a second to process what they had just saw without fearing the beast would wake.

Mentions: Mac MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ; Nik Nightblade Nightblade
With: Jay Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Ivan shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Jax Darby
Jax outside .jpg
The swarm was getting larger and larger by the looks of it and Jax backed up very slowly towards the Easts side again as Matt got in contact with the Western leader. The man was defenseless against the horde getting closer, the zombies were only a few feet away now. The best chance they would have would be to run, but if side of the border wasn’t secured, they risked the chance of being overrun in the end.

Matt spoke to him and the suggestion he made surprised him greatly. He was going to take him back to the West side? Jax couldn’t help but think how perfect that would be for his own personal plans, the plans he had been set out to do. It was clear that things between the East and the West were tense, but he didn’t know if everyone was as dedicated to the cause of hating each other. This could help push things over the edge, or at least start that process. Jax had to bite down on his lip to keep the smile that wanted to form off of his face. Matt was giving him the choice, and he would be stupid not to take the offer, for more reasons that one.

”Let’s get the fuck out of here.” Jax said almost too eagerly, but he was sure that Matt would mistake his eagerness for fear of being alone without a weapon to face the horde. Jax followed Matt quickly as they headed back towards the west side.
Alex Bailey
Serious Alex 2.jpg
Alex was nervous as the beast continued to barrel forward towards them, the blonde held her ground beside Theo but every instinct she had screamed for her to move out of the way before it was too late. Firing her gun, it wavered slightly, sending the bullets flying past the beast instead of hitting the target like she had intended. She wanted to voice her suspicions about why the west wanted to save the beast instead of killing it, but her thoughts were far too jumbled for her to get any words out. The horde was getting too close for her liking and once the big beast was wrestled to the ground, the blonde took a step forward to get a better shot at the normal zombies behind it.

This seemed to help as she shot the zombies in the chest before eventually getting them in the head. Her hands continued to shake nervously and she had to aim her gun towards the ground for a moment, taking in a deep breath to try and control her emotions. The Western leader announced they were leaving and Alex turned to give her a judgmental look. Her eyes then looked to Theo, wondering if he was going to say anything when the brunette pointed out that staying at the front lines would benefit the East as well. Theo did nothing but nod and it looked like the East would be saving the Wests ass today. Alex would have gladly walked away from the scene if her own faction wasn’t on the line, but as the West carried the beast away, Alex stayed where she was.

Eli fell back in line with both of them and Alex glanced at him briefly as he hollered about not seeing the end of them. Alex looked ahead and unfortunately confirmed the same. ”I’ve never seen this many!” Alex hollered back. Looking towards the West, the people on that side were completely gone by now. ”They took off pretty fast!” She noted and before she could say anymore, there was the familiar click of her rifle, the ammo gone. She hissed and reached for her handgun, firing off a few rounds and hitting a female walker who was only a few feet from her, the blood splattering towards her and spraying her face. The woman gasped and stumbled back, tripping on a rock as she fell backwards. A walker reached her in what felt like seconds as she scramble to get up. ”Ahh!” She cried out as she kicked the thing square in the chest.
with: Eli Shireling Shireling ; Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray

Matthew Williams

Matt nodded shortly at Jax, hurrying back towards the Western base. He knew that this would be met with resistance, but he really didn't have any other option. Hopefully he would be able to convince Bex to take the guy prisoner instead of stabbing Matt. The thought of being outcasted from the west due to this was a possibility, and that terrified him. He didn't have anywhere else he'd be able to flee to. If he fled East, they'd label him a traitor and likely distrust him. It would be horrible.

His mind ran through the possibilities as he hurried back to the meeting point, Jax on his heels. Every possible outcome deepened his fear and anxieties until he was spiralling. His breath cut a bit short as he realized what was happening. Shit. Someone had told him once that he'd had issues with panic attacks as a kid. But because there was no proper control for this mental illness of anxiety, he had to be taught to regulate his breathing. Which was hard when he was running in a deadsprint. Doing his best to stifle it until later, he forced his lungs to take in breath, trying to shove away his fear and panic. This helped somewhat, but it still remained at the edge of his mind, waiting to strike back later on.

He continued running, one hand clutching the radio tightly as the pistol was in his other hand.

Bellz Bellz

Eli Cartwright
elialternate.jpgThe creature, which Alex had sent barreling back against the ground with a swift kick to the sternum, raised its head once more with a sickening, inhuman hiss as it contorted itself to attempt to strike at her again. Eli leveled his revolver and fired, the bullet caving the zombie's skull and sending bone fragments and viscera flying out the back. By now, it was clear that they were being overrun, and Eli was perhaps most interested in getting to the relative safety of the tower. While running and firing behind them, the group reached the exterior gates of the compound yelling for the other scouts to lock and reinforce the entryway. The exterior gates to the complex were a flimsy first line of defense, a collection of ramshackle doors made of sheet metal and reinforced with...more sheet metal. As they reentered the courtyard around the tower, a few scouts shut the doors behind them and laid a large metal beam across them to keep them from buckling inward. There was no telling how long that would hold, as they didn't know how much of the horde would follow them or head west. Already, sharpshooters in the first few stories of the tower were taking aim at the ones approaching their front door.

With the luxury of a bit of safety, Eli doubled over for a few seconds to catch his breath. Then, when he had managed that, he took a moment to reload his sidearm. Flipping out the cylinder, he slotted rounds from his coat pocket into the revolver and flipped the weapon back to the opposite side to make sure it was ready to fire. He glanced at Alex, who was probably a bit more shaken up than him, and then at Theo.

"Well... That was fun..." He said after a while, still short of breath. He turned to Alex first and gave her a look and a thumbs-up, as if to say, "Great job not dying out there." He turned then to Theo. "Orders, sir?"

Bellz Bellz Misty Gray Misty Gray

f937404d7749aec4358bde66a14cf4b5.png

Blaine Darby
Atticus Withers
Khal.jpg
Sitting back in his large metal throne like chair on the highest balcony in the Pit, he watched the two men battling it out below. Both were prisoners from his soldiers travels, destroying any potential threat of a whole new civilization on his side of the wall. After all, being the only one meant there was no competition. With his brother out taking care of the hicks on the South side of the wall, things seemed to be going just as the leader planned. He watched as the larger prisoner jumped forward, heading straight for the jugular as he punched upward, causing the other prisoners head to snap back with a satisfying crack. The man fell to the ground like a pile of flesh as if never truly existing. Blaine stood up from his seat and cheered, ”NOW THAT’S HOW ITS DONE!” He applauded the prisoner who just stared at him with daggers, if looks could kill Blaine was sure he would have been dead years ago. Luckily for him, he ran the roost, the cock of the walk…and this prisoner didn’t possess the power to take him out with a single look. ”Bring out the next-“ Blaine was cut off by someone clearing their throat behind him. The man turned in his seat to see one of his guards from his own personal home standing behind him. Blaine narrowed his eyes and stood quickly, ”What is it?” He asked suspiciously, wondering if something had gone wrong with the plan that was currently underway.
Really.gif

The guard hesitated before speaking, ”The Reborn Ones are waiting for you in your quarters. They released the infected from their cages onto the South, just as asked…they speak of compensation…” Blaine let out a groan and rolled his eyes, looking up to the ceiling of the Pit as he nodded his head, ”Yea yea, its all about the money with these fucking loons…I swear…what are they even using it for? I will never know.” Blaine sighed before turning back to the prisoners at the Pit below. ”Take them back to the cells! Prepare them for tonights battle!! We celebrate!” The man boomed to which the guards cheered and began to follow his orders. Blaine turned around and nodded his head towards the exit, expecting his personal guard to follow. ”Where is Atticus?” He questioned as they walked down the long hallway towards the storm waiting outside. ”He’s playing with that little girl he friended, Marsha…said he’d return before supper.” Blaine nodded his head silently, he worried for his son but he knew that so long as he stayed in his territory, he was safe.

Blaine secured his heavy fur coat over his shoulders before they stepped out into the dark blur of sunset in Khal.

Marsha's

Atticus.jpg”A-are you sure about this, Marsh? I don’t want to hurt you.” Atticus stood blindfolded with a gun in his hands, his head turning and looking about as he tried to listen for his best friend. The blonde 9 year old laughed from quite a distance, ”I’m not wearing a blindfold you know, I think I can take care of myself, Atticus.” She said in a sassy tone. ”Just do as I say and nobody will get hurt doing this!” Atticus let out a soft puff of breath and shook his head, ”Women.” He mumbled, having heard his father say it at one point or another when his aunt was giving him a hard time.

”Ready?” Marsha called out.

”Ready.” Atticus called back and he listened closely for where she was hiding. This practice was common for young children who were training to be the best scouts in Khal. From a young age they are taught to use their most basic instincts to identify danger and tactfully bring it down. This was an exercise that simulated the pitch blackness of Khal at night, having to use one’s ears as a guide in the dark of the night. A soft crunching sound came from his left, sounding like feet slowly pressing into the ice. The boy aimed his unloaded gun at the sound and smiled, ”That was far too easy!” He stated, expecting Marsha to laugh and say that he had won. When there was no sound the boy turned his lips down into a frown and shook his head. Concentrating on the sounds around him again, he listened for any sign of life. There was a light breeze that rustled a few of the trees around them, causing dead leaves to brush across Atticus’ cheeks. The boy took in a deep breath as his heart began to race. The boys biggest weakness was the fear of being surprised, he anticipated it before it even happened, if it ever happened. ”M-Marsha?” Atticus called out, starting to worry about his dear friend. He knew it was irrational, in Khal’s territory they were safe from anything but he was still very nervous. His heartbeat throbbed loudly in his ears as he shuffled from the left to the right in hopes of hearing something over the noise.

There was another sound of crunching ice and he quickly turned around, believing he had her now, ”GOT YA!” He shouted, his voice echoing through the silent mounds of snow and the ruins of metal buildings. Once again, there was no voice to congratulate him and before he could think about looking again, something touched his shoulder, ”BOO!” Marsha screamed.

”AHHHHH!” Atticus gasped, grabbing Marsha’s arm as he stumbled backwards. Pulling her forward, they both tumbled into the heavy snow, falling into it as if it were clouds. Marsha was already laughing hysterically but Atticus had to catch his breath, removing the blindfold, he blinked and looked around for a moment before he too started laughing. ”You jerk!” Atticus grumbled before playfully shoving the girl.

”Marsha!” Her mother called out to her from their quarters, ”Supper time!” Atticus stopped laughing but continued to smile as he stood up and brushed the snow off himself. He held out his hand and helped Marsha too her feet. ”Thanks for the practice, I’m sure that I’ll be able to pass the test now…I’ve been afraid papa has been disappointed, ya know?” Marsha looked towards where her mother was waiting before looking back to Atticus with a frown, ”Your dad is never disappointed.” She murmured. ”I’ll see you tomorrow?” She asked and before Atticus could reply, the girl reached up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. She took off quickly and Atticus just watched her, unsure of how to feel about what just happened…

The day was fading into night and Atticus knew that if he didn’t get home soon, he would be late for supper.

Home
Hey.jpg
Blaine had been waiting for almost 20 minutes for Atticus to arrive home. He had already sent a team of guards out looking for him and was beginning to worry. At the sound of the front door opening, Blaine quickly got up from the dinner table and hurried over to the entryway of their home. "Where the hell have yo-?" Blaine was cut off, seeing that Atticus was not looking like his usual self...he was paler. Atticus looked up at him with wide eyes before shaking his head, "I'm sorry papa, I lost track of time with Marsha...we were practicing for the scouts pre-test tomorrow." At this, Blaine visibly softened and he slowly nodded his head. "Its rough out there." He murmured to his son who in turn nodded his head. Blaine opened his arms up to the boy and offered a small smile, "Come on then...Supper is ready." With that, he lead the boy to the table, where he removed his coat and hung it on the back of the chair.

Nothing was said between the two of them as they dug hungrily into their food. But as Blaine was chewing, he couldn't help but notice that things were far too quiet for his liking, something was definitely wrong with Atticus. "Are you alright, my boy? You've never been this quiet." He asked, setting his utensils down and folding his hands in front of him as he looked at his son across the long dining room table. The boy was now just playing with his food, mixing around his veggies mindless, "Its nothing papa..." He trailed off and Blaine let out a small laugh. "You look like you've seen the undead!" He murmured and Atticus looked up at gave him a funny glance. "Bad dad joke?" He asked playfully before the boy finally cracked a smile. "There he is!" Blaine cheered before his face turned serious, "Now what's got you troubled?" Atticus paused and set his fork down before sighing.

"Its Marsha, she um...well, she kissed me." Atticus' cheeks were bright red as he said this, unable to keep the sheepish smile off of his face. "Ohhhhhhhhhh Marsha kiss you? That's great my boy!" He said happily to which Atticus shrugged lightly, "It was just on the cheek..." He murmured but Blaine shook his head, "A kiss is a kiss." The boy let out a laugh before smiling. "She's just so pretty and smart and great at scouting..." The boy once again trailed off and looked down in embarrassment.

Supper had gone by smoothly and all that was left to do for the night was tuck Atticus into bed. The boy was already to go as he hoped into bed and grabbed Teddy the stuffed bear that he had since he could remember. Blaine came in a few moments later and tucked in his blankets warmly before placing a warm kiss on his head. Once the door was shut, Blaine was ready to have some peace and quiet when the radio whined and another voice came on the channel. "Wolf? Wolf, do you come in? Over." It was a familiar voice. He reached for the radio and picked it up quickly, "What is it?" He asked, not bothering to say over. "You might want to get down here quickly, somethings happening in the prison ward." Blaine didn't need to hear anymore as he dressed in heavy furs and hurried out the door. He had a feeling he knew what this was relating too and if correct...it would be a game changer.

The Prison Ward

Blaine arrived at the prison ward and was escorted down to the lower deck, where they kept most of their prisoners for the Pit or for experimentation. One prisoner in particular had his attention, one that would be the key to the down fall of the South. The lights flickered as they came to the end of a long hall, a final cell waiting for them. There was a gurgling type noise that had Blaine hesitate taking any steps further, watching closely, he narrowed his eyes into the darkness of the cell. "Oh Mr. Withers..." He called out, his head pushed forward as he tried to listen for human noise. Feet shuffled against the stone ground and Henry Withers stepped forward upon hearing his name called, "Y-youuuu" He rasped out as if having a hard time breathing, he choked and blood bubbled past his lips. Blaine only smirked before turning to face the guards, "Ahh, I see you've fed him the zombie dish we've been experimenting with." The man's wet ragged breathing was the only thing heard as he sunk to the ground, "Please...pleasee.." He gurgled past the blood seeping from his lips, "Let me go home.."

Blaine ignored the man at first, speaking to the guards once again, "Get the Reborn members, those loons are going to be thrilled with the progress we've made here..." The guards nodded and took off quickly. "Pleassseee." Henry pleaded to which Blaine finally paid attention. With his hands placed behind his back, he slowly walked up until his face was nearly touching the rusty metal bars. "Don't worry Mr. Withers...we'll be send you home soon."

David Cartwright
david cartwright no goggles.jpgJust as Theo, Eli, and Alex arrived back at Taurus, the alarms were sent up throughout the building. Cryers carrying shrill and very annoying bells were running up and down the stairways, alerting the entire building to an impending attack. David, being notified by radio, had already been stirred from bed, dressed, and began making his way down to prepare the defenses. On the older man's hip, a rapier in a scabbard rested and on the other hip he carried a loaded pistol. Hector, his manservant and something of an unofficial bodyguard, carried a pump shotgun as they made double-time down the hallway.

"We need to get to the third floor," he said to Hector, reaching the elevator. He flipped a switch to restore emergency power to the just the elevator shaft. They had been saving the juice on the batteries in the basement for an occasion like this. "Radio the scouts. Tell them the elevators are operational. Anyone with a gun in a fighting state needs to get to the third floor landing. Anyone else needs to start escorting the civilians to the higher floors, women and children first, young men last. You know the drill."

Hector relayed these orders into a walkie talkie as the elevator rose up several floors to greet them. Stepping in, they rode the (somewhat unnervingly creaky) machine down to the third floor where many of the scouts had already assembled at the rendezvous point. The third floor itself had an open floor plan and was accessible directly from the second floor by a pair of two large, central staircases. The second floor similarly was accessible from the lobby by an almost identical set of stairs, but laid out inversely to the upper portion. It was this area that David had designed to be a gauntlet for the undead.

The first line of defenses consisted of strings of shrapnel mines which would be tossed from the second floor into the lobby when the zombies had breached the other defenses and the defenders had retreated to the second floor. These were at the ready, already prepared for the attack. The second set of defenses were a series of large metal weights on chains that were riveted to the ceilings at the tops of the staircases. The scouts could release the weight to send it careening into and bowling over a group of zombies trying to advance up the staircase, then reload the trap by the use of a specialized pulley and winch. These traps were also ready for use. A third line of defense involved using kerosene sprayers to douse the horde and then light them ablaze. He hoped it wouldn't come to that, given the collateral damage that might occur. There was, also, the spare equipment that some of the scouts had lovingly dubbed the "Taurus fuck-saws" that is, large, improvised saw-blades mounted on gasoline engines that, when placed at the top of the stairs, would hypothetically make mincemeat of an advancing horde. If the situation was really dire, they could retreat back to the third floor. The old staircases had been broken up in the middle and then covered over with light-weight wooden replacement pieces that could be taken up at will, essentially making it impossible for them to follow them to the third floor. He hoped it wouldn't come to that, as if they were trapped in such a manner they would have few options.

There were other traps that could be employed, but these were the ones that David was focused on as he strode up to a man who could be considered a scout "lieutenant" if they carried ranks in that manner. "I got here as fast as I could, Emerson," he said in an apologetic but preoccupied tone, "I can see the scouts are making ready to use some of our traps. I can hear some of the sharpshooters at the windows. I hope we can keep them out of the building this time." He glanced at Hector, then back towards the scout leader. "I hope all of your men are back in from their patrols. Where is Theo?"

Bellz Bellz Misty Gray Misty Gray

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: Bex ( Bellz Bellz ), Ivan ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 )

Interactions: Nik ( Nightblade Nightblade )

Mackenzie followed the group back to camp, hesitant on leaving the East to fend for themselves. She wasn't the type to run away from a fight. But Bex was in charge, and Mac had to trust her orders. She walked closely behind Nik and Bexley, staring at the grotesque creature they held between them. Though Mackenzie wasn't keen on the doctor's research, she had to admit this thing was a scientific debacle. It wasn't like any other walker she had seen, having more endurance, speed, and strength compared to the undead she was used to. Where had it come from, and why was it on their territory?

Mac was brought back into the present by Bexley's orders, nodding to confirm. Her emerald green eyes followed Bex and Ivan as they left, leaving Nik and Mac alone to wait for reinforcements. With a deep sigh, Mackenzie set the doctor's supplies on a nearby counter. She needed a drink, or a cigarette, anything to decrease the stress that felt like ice flowing through her veins. Instead, she swung her crossbow over her shoulder and gently set it on the counter. Her eyes ran over it quickly as she searched for anything broken or stained with blood. Luckily, she found nothing.

Pulling her blades from their holsters at her sides, Mac sat one on the counter before grabbing a nearby semi-clean rag to attempt to wipe the dried walker blood from the other blade. Admiring the knotting design, she turned around to lean against the counter, her gaze falling on Nik. She had seen him around camp before, maybe spoken to him to suggest a weapon or provide ammo. But other than that, they hadn't really interacted much. "So," Mac began, trying to clear the silence in the air while they waited for back-up to arrive and take over guard duties. "What do you think about all this? The horde, that weird fucking creature, this day in general?"

codedbycrucialstar

Jax Darby
Jax standing .jpg
Jax knew that this wasn’t going to go well as they ran back towards the West side. He definitely wasn’t going to be treated like he was being treated on the East side. This caused the man to slow down in his pace slightly, his head turning towards the East as he thought about his current decision. Annoyingly, he could hear his brother’s voice in his head, calling him names and telling him that he was a disappointment to the Darby name. This caused Jax eyebrows to furrow before he picked back up the pace again.

It wasn’t long before they were passing through the tall gates of the West side, the gatekeepers hollering at them to hurry the hell up as they began to pull the gates closed. Daring to look behind him, his eyes widened at the horde that was just arriving at the closed gate, their arms reaching through the chain linked opening, desperately reaching out for food. Jax didn’t slow as they sprinted to what looked like the middle of the base. The buildings on this side were just as tall as those on the East, Jax wondered where on earth these people were sleeping if it wasn’t in the building as they passed through people who were frantically running with guns towards the gate, heading to the front lines. Over Matt’s radio he heard people speaking frantically,

"Front Gates are closed!, Secure the perimeter!”

"WHERE ARE THE SCOUTS FROM THE FAR WEST SIDE, THEY HAVE NOT RESPONDED.”

"The gates are already closed, we aren’t reopening them! There are too many surrounding us now.”

" All the women and children are being secured in the underground bunkers.”

"Get the flame torches from the weapon bunker and head over to the front lines!”

It was a mess of different voice as they passed through the crowds. Large metal hatches were opened and people were seen going down into them, women lifting small children and babies underground to protect them from the horde that threatened to wipe out the only existence in New York. People screamed for their loved ones, orders of what to do next. And before Jax could say anything to Matt about slowing down and getting to that underground safety area, a loud alarm whaled throughout the speakers that were around town, sounding similar to one heard during a tornado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back