• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern x A Fight for Survival x~Zombies Bite (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alex Bailey
Alex.jpg
2 weeks earlier...
Alex couldn’t help the smile on her face as she spoke with this man. She had a pretty good sense of character and from what she could tell, this poor soul really did just need somewhere to live. Alex couldn’t imagine still wandering out on this earth alone like she had been all those years ago. The walkie went off and the blonde scrunched her nose in irritation, Theo was trying to find someone to babysit her again…he didn’t think that she could do this on her own. The lack of faith that the others had in her at times was hard to deal with. When word of having to keep the newcomer there until another scout came passed through, Alex audibly groaned and shook her head. He told her to stay put once again and to keep herself protected.

Alex didn’t need to radio back to confirm with Theo that she had gotten the point. Instead, Alex shuffled from foot to foot uncomfortably, embarrassed to explain to this newcomer that she had to wait for her other scout to join them. Luckily, the other scout showed up a few minutes later and they were all set to head back to HQ.

The walk there was a bit of a trek given the distance but Alex didn’t mind the walk as she silently took in her home around them. For someone who was just arriving at a place like this, it was heaven. There was fresh everything and plenty of it to keep everyone happy and healthy. Going up the tower at HQ took a bit of time as well but finally they had made it to the right floor.

”We have another newcomer here to see David.” Alex informed one of the many people involved with helping their leader before they took off to inform him. Alex and the other scout stood but offered for Robert to take a seat, ”You must have travel so far.” Alex murmured lightly, her face etched with concern, her eyes looking to see if the man was still shaking. ”I promise you David won’t bite at all. He’s like a wise old Santa.” Alex chuckled before leaning in, ”Don’t tell him I said that though.”

When they were finally called in to visit with David, Alex so boldly took the first steps inside, wanting to prove to herself and to her other scouts that she could handle situations like this. ”Sorry to bother you, David…but we have a guest, a farmer who is seeking a new home. I couldn’t turn him away as it is certainly not my place. Sir, this is…?” She gestured to Robert but it had occurred to her that she hadn’t caught his name yet.
with: Robert CkSmalling CkSmalling
mentions: David Shireling Shireling ; Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray
Jax Darby
Jax outside .jpg
Jax raised an eyebrow again, watching as the man could into his hand. His cheeks turned red and this caused Jax to smile. He wondered what was causing this man to be so embarrassed around him…

The man nodded his head gently as Matthew gave him an answer on what he thought was better. It was a practical one really but it wasn’t the answer that Jax had been looking for. He wanted to cause some trouble, using the faction members hate for one another would do exactly that.

Giving the man a small laugh before angling his head downward, Jax shrugged his shoulders as Matt asked him what brought him all the way over to the wall. ”I just like to check this thing out from time to time you know? I’ve never seen anything like it. I was never close to the wall with my family…so this is something I felt I just had to see for myself again.”

”But I guess you could say it was your factions cheery disposition that brought me over.” There was a teasing tone in his voice.

with: Matt DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

David Cartwright
Two Weeks Prior...

The Architect Small.pngAt the sound of people entering his apartment, David shifted up from his position laying reclined in his chair. The book he had been reading was still open on the table with his place marked. After a second of groggily becoming reacquainted with his surroundings, the eastern leader realized that he had fallen asleep with his pipe still lit again and was shocked he had managed to hold it in his teeth and not cause a fire.

"Come in, come in," He harumphed in a raspy voice before clearing his throat. He studied Alex, a new scout that he wasn't particularly familiar with but seemed like a kind and trustworthy woman, and then shifted his gaze to Robert who he regarded at first with an air of suspicion, but then finally seemed to relax. "Ah, yes, this is the man that showed up tonight. Sorry about the climb, I know it's quite arduous. I rarely make the trek myself if I can help it."

He noticed that they were still waiting for the man's name, and fell silent waiting for him to introduce himself. Wordlessly, he offered him a chair opposite himself at the table.

CkSmalling CkSmalling Bellz Bellz

Theodore Ashworth

1548371114361-png.531425
Theo scoffed when Bexley made her remark about him being a weatherman. "What can I say? I know a coming storm when I see one." When they'd been together, he told her about growing up living on a campsite in a forest. He often dreamed of going back to those days, surrounded by the wildlife, with views of the trees and mountains. He'd missed how free he felt, swimming in the lake and climbing the trees. Nowadays, the skyscrapers were one of his favourite things about the East side, being able to ascend the highest floors and have the privilege of being able to observe the world from high above. He snapped out of his daze and shrugged his shoulders. "If you want it to rain men, I'll will it to happen for you. If they land on your side, then I won't try to stop you from detaining them," he remarked. He hadn't wanted to be rude to her at all, but her sarcastic tone seemed to bring out his own pettiness in return.

As he watched her shuffling on her feet, he caught the awkwardness in her. He ran the palm of his hand over his mouth for a moment before letting out a sigh. He didn't like being alone in her presence. When there were others around, it was easier to be nothing but professional, but with just the two of them, he was afraid of how easy it was to get sucked in long enough to acknowledge the beauty of the woman he'd once loved.

Theo had expected another sarcastic comment or some belittling remark about him being a hippy, but she instead asked him how he was. Her question made it difficult for him to be rude or scathing towards her. He took a deep breath and casually folded his arms. "Things are as good as can be expected in this world. It's a home and I have people around me I'm willing to protect as I would my own family. We have to keep battling through each day, don't you agree?" he asked her. He looked past Bexley, scanning the West for a time before diverting his attention to the ground. "And you? How are things for you?" he returned her question, lifting his head to look to her face as she spoke.

Bellz Bellz (Bexley)

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: Bexley ( Bellz Bellz )
Interactions: Open

Mackenzie stared off into space, her mind drifting as she slid the blade of a dagger against the sharpening stone. Memories of a night long ago jumped to the front of her mind, filling her head with gore and pain. She remembered the sounds they had made, inhuman and disturbing in nature, as their bodies writhed towards Mac. She barely recognized her parents and her uncle in the dim light of the townhome. When her uncle had arrived in their home earlier in the evening, a bite wound in the flesh of his shoulder, he had simply said that a crazy guy on the street attacked him. It hadn't taken long for her uncle to fall ill.

At first it was just dizziness, nausea, fever. But soon enough, her uncle's hair began to fall out and his skin began to peel away like a birch tree. Mac and her mother did their best to take care of him, but nothing seemed to help. Her father tried to call a doctor, but no one seemed to be answering. He made the mistake of turning his back to his brother, the phone to his ear as a distraction. Before anyone could react, her uncle had moved from the bed and sank his teeth into her father, Seamus's, arm. Aiofe, her mother, screamed, pulling her uncle's attention to the petite woman. Mac stared at the scene in panic for a moment too long before turning to grab the handgun from the end table drawer. There was no hesitation as she pulled the trigger twice, a bullet passing through each of her uncle's eyes and into his brain. The decrepit body fell to the ground with a thump. But it was too late, both her parents had already been bit.

The sound of someone entering the weapons base pulled Mac from her thoughts. She glanced around, immediately noticing Bexley across the room. The woman examined the semi-auto rifles and chose one before leaving, not sparing Mac a glance. She could tell something was on her friend's mind, and made a mental note to ask her about it later. Mackenzie pulled the dagger away from the sharpening stone, running her finger lightly across the sharp edges. With a swift turn, the dagger flew from Mac's grip and embedded itself in the wooden wall behind her. A light smile played on the redhead's lips as she murmured, "Perfect."

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:

croppedImg_684893942.jpeg

Matthew Williams
Interacting with: Bellz Bellz (Jax)

He didn't bother halting the small laugh that escaped him at the other man's tone.

"Trust me, Bex can be a pain in the ass, but usually that's just her. And if anyone would know, it'd be me. But can't say I blame ya for trying to get as far from possible. At first meeting, she's a hurricane. Terrifying and destructive. Pray to your god that she's merciful enough to not sink her teeth in with a grudge."

Matt didn't know entirely why he was being so....well, social. Perhaps it was because Jax was someone he'd taken interest in. Maybe because at this moment, they were both on equal ground. Neither held rank over the other's head. They were just two men in the midst of a ruined world clinging to the remaining vestiges of a society destroyed by greed and recklessness.

"Personally, I can't really hate the East. Not entirely. Sure their a rival faction and everything, but it's just them trying to survive, same as us. Even if it's different. But I guess thats how things work. Different things are dangerous sometimes, so we all just kinda hate anything that changes the world we know. Can't speak much of the past world except for what I've heard and seen displayed by the older ones of West though. Then again, none of us really can live in the moment much."

He'd slipped into a melancholic tone, unconsciously allowing his own truths to mingle with the conversation. But he couldn't find it in him to care too much. World was shit. Sometimes if you didn't acknowledge it, you'd get tripped up on it later.​

1548481252186.png
Dr. Ivan Salazar

How many days had it been?

Sal had been holed up in his lab without seeing the slightest shimmer of natural light in literal weeks. He was fully invested into his research and thankfully had something to show for it.... finally.

Through countless failures, Ivan accidentally synthesized something of a fast acting muscle relaxant for the infected. It was like anesthesia for the Wyrms, leaving them effectively paralyzed for roughly 30 minutes if given a full dosage. A minute and a half, give or take, if shot with a dart coated in the poison. It wasn't particularly useful other than for neutralizing infected at a distance in complete silence. The Wyrms never reacted to needle and a few test runs showed they didn't react to darts piercing their flesh either. They may turn in the direction they were struck from out of curiosity but would soon collapse moments after.

It was a good chemical agent and with further research, Ivan might even be able to make something akin to tear gas against the infected. Stopping them in their tracks and possibly even incapacitating them.

The doctor had long since informed the Leader of the West, Bexley Withers, about this accidental breakthrough and about his plans to weaponize it further. Today marked the day of delivery.

Ivan dragged his upper body off of the table he had fallen asleep on and reorganized the pages he had shuffled around in his sleep. He then dropped to the floor and began his daily routine. Push-ups, sit-ups, pull ups, bicep curls, and his cardio was usually a long run around the perimeter but today, it would be the long walk to main base of the Western colony.

The doctor pulled his gear together and got ready to exit the small base he had created for himself. Dark black cargo pants, a thick, long sleeve wool shirt, a pair of black military combat boots, and a very thick olive green trench coat, complete with a hood to cover his head. He looked like someone out of convention but the thick leather and clothing was more for protection and warmth than anything else. It was frigid outside and the weather seemed to be taking a turn for the worse, judging by what he could see.

His equipment for his trek was his usual. Whatever he was transporting (in this case, 4 jars of medicinal salve, 5 vials of the new paralyzing poison, dart gun, 3 bottles of moonshine), his signature SGE 1 gas mask, a emergency kit, a Beretta M9, his favorite Remington Sendero SF II, and spare ammunition for both firearms, along with a simple combat knife.

He carried the transport goods on his back in a big pack meant for hiking excluding the vials and dart gun, which he kept on a satchel to his left side. His sidearm found its home in a holster on his left hip, hidden by the thick, leather cloak he wore. His knife was stored in a holster on his right thigh and he was pretty much ready to go.

1548483420459.png

He strapped the gas mask tight around his face and made doubly sure to make sure it was sealed air tight. He packed some spare filters into one of the pockets of his cargo pants and grabbed the radio off the shelf.

"This is Dr. Salazar," his voice crackled in over the radio. His thick, spanish accent was instantly recognizable, "I am leaving my lab and heading towards the colony. I'm equipped with my usual gear and colors. Don't shoot on sight. Señora Withers, I'm bringing what I discussed with you a few days ago. Be ready to receive it." It was on the open channel, so everyone with a radio nearby heard the doctor's message. There was never an incident in the past but Dr. Salazar hadn't gotten this far by being comfortable with his surroundings. Anything could happen at any moment and he, above all others, could not afford to die.

Not yet.

Salazar double checked his equipment and designated supplies before heading out into the cold, post-apocalyptic landscaped that everyone called home.

(No one needs to respond to the radio or acknowledge it. Just that it was said.)

It had taken a few hours but Ivan finally arrived at the colony. The sentinels immediately knew who he was but they knew as well as anyone that Ivan would not enter until someone of some kind of authority came out to accompany him inside. He didn't have a very good reputation as it was and walking around unchecked was only going to cause more problems than it would solve.... at least, in Ivan's eyes, that was the case and he stuck with it.

The guards nodded to him and radioed in that Dr. Salazar was waiting out in front, as usual.

Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess @....uhhh..... Idk who else lmao.​

Solomon Cartwright
The Spiritualist.jpgHe realized that he was laying on his hands and knees, the dusty ground marking his clothes with his hands seeming to sink onto a plain that was desolate and full of dusty dirt and cracked, dry mud. Turning his head forward and examining his situation, he saw that the stretch of flat ground extended seemingly in all directions for miles. No mark of rise or increase could be seen, all the way to the horizon. If he had known about the salt flats in Utah, he might have described it that way. But for Solomon's part, it was the flattest and emptiest place he had ever seen.

All at once the wind changed, he could feel it flapping against his coat and the dust from the earth kicked itself up into one giant, uniform cloud like an orange fog. All at once, the sunlight, which he had regarded as cold, was obscured by the dust storm. Despite the intensity of the wind, his eyes seemed unmolested as he began to stumble towards nothing in particular. He wasn't consumed with thoughts of hunger or thirst, but merely of desolation. He felt as if, perhaps, he had died and that now he stood at the end of all things where the only sound was the wind and the only object of sight was the dust. Slowly, as he stumbled, he began to pick out the patterns in the howling of the wind. Voices, all talking over one another, all competing to be heard. "I was a father," one might say, or, "I was a judge." Some of the voices simply stated, "I was a man." At first, they could be tuned out. Soon, they became unbearable. He clawed at his ears, anything to make the voices quiet down. After a long time of stumbling, he felt what he thought was an irregularity in the ground. He fell forward, with the lurching feeling of falling head-over-heels disquieting his stomach before he landed flat on his back on a soft patch of ground. The howling subsided to a dull whisper, and he took a look around.

In the darkened surroundings, with a kind of unexplained and diffused light filtering in from the hole in the ceiling, he could tell he was in a cave. He looked to his left and right, and found that in the small room there was a device like a gasoline generator running apparently hooked to nothing. The machine's clicking and whirring soon came to be as audible as the howling of the wind was earlier. Near the generator was an unlit flashlight which he took and, after banging it against the wall, was able to make it work. The room had one exit down a long corridor, which he took. As he walked, the beam of the light shifted over what appeared to be an ossuary - a collection of human skulls and bones arranged artfully into wall decorations. At the end of the long hallway, the corridor opened into another room - this time with a smooth stone wall on the far side seemingly made of one giant block of stone with no grooves or edges. He ran the flashlight over the surface of the wall, then when he was satisfied that it contained no features, he put his hand against the smooth surface. It was freezing to the touch, so much so that he screamed in pain and instantly recoiled his hand as if he had stuck it in a tank of liquid hydrogen.

The chill spread throughout his body, from the tips of his fingers to his feet and head, and his muscles began to contract and constrict as if undergoing rigor mortis. He lost the power to stand and fell back, the dusty floor gave way to what felt like a pile of leaves or an embankment of snow. With only his eyes free to move, he looked up from where he had fallen what seemed like miles back up towards the stone wall he had left behind. A face appeared at the top of the chasm: grotesque and dark, but unmistakably human. The face brandished a pair of knives which in short order he felt plunging into his chest. Blood welled to the surface then froze in a sluiced mix like salted ice being scraped off a road. The knives plunged into him over and over again, but he was too cold to feel the pain. With the last strike...

Solomon started from his bed, bent over, and coughed as if he had been drowning. After a few seconds of wild delirium, he wiped the sweat from his face and regulated his breathing. His mind was only beginning to boot itself up, and already it was bogged down with so many questions. What did this one mean? Was it a prophecy or a warning? Who was the man with the knives? Where was the cave?

He swung his legs out from the bed and tossed the blanket to the side. He went to the window to open the blinds, but finding it still dark outside, he returned to his bedside table and began rifling around for a candle. After skewering the candle on the holder, he fumbled for a few more seconds with the lighter before striking up the wick and taking it down the hall into the bathroom for his section of the floor. The showering and shaving done, he returned to his small dormitory-style room and set the candle back down on the desk. Taking out one of his journals and a pen, he began to write.

Bexley Withers
Bexley serious 2.jpgBexley noticed something a bit different about Theo that she hadn’t noticed before. He was much more…snappy. When they had been together, there was nothing that could keep a smile off the man’s face, always had a sunny disposition. Now there was something different, something bitter there. Bexley was sure that it had something to do with her, but she couldn’t see how it was her fault that she had found him with another woman.

She remember the day like it was yesterday…

18 at the time, Bexley had been returning to her post at the border. Known that she would be seeing Teddy there, she walked a little slower as she thought about the life changing news she had been given that morning. After fighting off what she thought had been some sort of flu for weeks, the stubborn girl had finally decided to go in to get checked on. She thought that she was going in and would be returning with some sort of antibiotics to cure her queasy stomach but instead, they told her that she was going to become a mother.

She made them swear not to tell her father as she wasn’t sure what he would think of the news if it was heard from anyone else. The brunette passed by the familiar and large Red maple tree that signified she was close to their usual meeting spot, kicking a few rocks out of her path as she passed. Theo and her had been together for two years at that point and things were going well between them. Although they were young, she knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, having this baby would only make their relationship stronger.

As Bex walked through the final line of trees, she came to a halt as she saw something that her eyes didn’t want to believe. He was kissing another woman. She watched as the two were locked in a passionate kiss, Theo only pulling away when he saw her. ”How could you?!” She shouted at him angrily, tears forming in her eyes as she walked towards him. When he met her in the middle, she shoved him hard. ”After everything we’ve been through! I loved you!” He tried to defend himself, saying that Rachel had pushed herself onto him. The woman claimed no such thing and Bexley was left with no choice. Taking a few steps away from him, she shook her head again.

This wasn’t how it was suppose to end, she was so sure that they would last…they had to. But she was about to realize that she didn’t need him to have the perfect family.. ”I don’t want to see you ever again. Stay away from me.” Before her could run after her, the woman took off in a sprint, putting distance between her past and what would soon be her future.

Bexley blinked a few times, dazed from having been pulled into a distant and unpleasant memory. Her brows furrowed together before they relaxed as Theo answered her question, once again, he proved to be more brooding than he had been before. At the question of battling through each day, Bex nodded her head firmly, ”I would agree.” She stated. He looked past her, towards her territory before he looked towards the ground.

Bex shifted on her feet again, still feeling uncomfortable with the small talk. ”Things are…” A part of her wanted to admit that things had been complicated for her recently. She’d been aching for her family, for her son. The closer she looked at Theo, the more he reminded her of Atticus. She had sworn when the kid was a baby that he would look nothing like him…but even she would admit that she was wrong about that.
”Running a faction is more difficult than I would have thought. I wasn’t meant to do this.” That last part slipped out and Bexley’s cheeks turned a soft pink color. ”What I mean is…” She trailed off, she really didn’t know what she meant.

”How’s Rachel?” The woman asked suddenly, her tone like venom.
with: Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray

Theodore Ashworth

1548371114361-png.531425
Theo noticed Bexley seemed to go off into something of a daze and so he awkwardly turned away, checking over his shoulder to quickly survey his own side of the border. He turned back to her to see her nod her head and respond to his comment about battling through the days. As their exchange went on, Theo could see there was something she was holding back from him, but who was he to question her anymore? He'd been thrown aside all of those years ago and thus stripped of any rightful need to enquire as to what was on the woman's mind.

Theo suddenly perked up when Bexley admitted running the West was difficult. It soon became evident she hadn't intended on letting those words out to him, but he couldn't help but think about it. She blushed and seemed to stumble on her words a little. He had no doubts running a faction was difficult, whether it was the West or the East. Being the Head of Security was enough for him. He'd never had any desire or interest in a leadership role above that. He didn't have any enthusiasm for politics and maintaining social order. Whilst he cared for his friends and would risk his life to protect them, he liked that he could shut himself off and focus purely on securing their home in the East.

He was about to reassure Bexley that she seemed to be doing a good job at leading the West when she went and mentioned Rachel. Her question was filled with venom and once again tore away the kindness he'd wanted to show his former lover. Theo tightened his jaw and shook his head. Bexley had refused to believe him that day. Rachel had been the one who kissed him and when he rejected her advances, she didn't take it well and twisted the knife in deeper. She lied to Bexley and told her the kiss had been mutual. He'd never been able to get over the way both women treated him that day. He'd always been open and honest with people, but it had been thrown back in his face.

"Jesus Christ, Bex. You just had to take it there, didn't you?" he asked, his tone not quite venomous but still reflecting his irritation. "The truth is, Rachel is still around and has been seeing a guy for months. I don't talk to her since she stabbed me in the back..." He tended to avoid Rachel as much as possible, to the point of leaving a social situation if she arrived on the scene. He was a warm and open-minded man, but he couldn't forgive her for what she did to him. "Though I'm sure you're going to interpret what I just said into something else - in your head we're probably married with kids, right?" he remarked.

Bellz Bellz (Bexley)

Michael Wilson

1548538603838.pngMick had finished tending to the crops for the day and after securing the greenhouse, he made his way back to saloon. He was always sure to keep long-range and short-range firearms on his person, but he much preferred using hunting knives, swords or homemade spears. He quite liked getting his hands dirty too and the feeling of a well thrown punch was what reminded him he was still alive. If he wasn't scratched or bruised at some point, he had to question if he was dead.

Spending time working on the crops got somewhat dull at times; something he knew would easily be made more interesting with a nice lady by his side to charm. Like Veronica. She was hot and kept him company throughout Virginia, so it was a shame when they parted ways. No doubt she was probably dead by now, unless she found another guy to watch her back for her. Regardless, he'd choose what he was doing right now over the prison cell he'd called home for a while. Apparently jail was tough before the outbreak, but serving time in an Alabama jail during skin crawler times was far worse. Food was rationed to the very basic needs and there were less guards than required, which meant less opportunities for the prisoners to leave their cells. It was the poor staffing numbers that made his escape possible, so he was at least grateful for that.

As he got closer to the saloon, he couldn't help but smirk to himself. His fellow Westerners could be weird at times and assholes at others, but he was sure he was the biggest jerk more often than not. Regardless, he quite liked the group he'd come to know and reside with and it helped that Jylene was particularly pleasing on the eyes. He had a brotherly kind of soft spot for Bexley and genuinely respected her as his leader. Not that he'd show it. It was much more interesting to make cocky remarks and have fun grating on those around him.

Last edited:
Bexley Withers
Bexley serious 2.jpgBexley knew as soon as she brought up Rachel that the conversation would take a sharp turn. She couldn’t help it, she wanted to know what happened to the two of them, even if she had a funny way of asking. Theo was clearly irritated and it showed that she had struck a nerve. But this didn’t put a smirk on her face like it normally would, this time she didn’t take pleasure in watching her former love get irritated about the topic. There was a heavy feeling in her chest now and she couldn’t understand what it was.

He went on to speak about Rachel being around still but that she was seeing another guy. This caused the woman to roll her eyes lightly, as if that was suppose to mean something to her. Then he informed her that he didn’t talk to her after what she had supposedly done. Bex’s eyes narrowed slightly as she looked closely at Theo, it had been easy to tell when the man was lying back then. The slight twitch of his eye or lip and she knew that there was something he was hiding…but she didn’t find any evidence of it, oddly enough. This confused Bexley as she continued to watch Theo, he continued to speak, throwing out a remark about her twisting his words around. If only he knew.

Scoffing, Bex shook her head firmly. ”I would only hope you don’t settle for someone like that.” She told him, her tone harsh but her features were softer. ”And having her kids? hope to god they would get your genes.” She let out a small snort before she turned her head to look behind her. Her radio had gone off, muffled in her coat. The Doc had shown up for his routine delivery, she knew she should be heading out…

Something compelled her to stay for a while yet. She could have left Theo here without another word if she wanted to, but did she? That was something she couldn’t answer and that just didn’t sit right with her. Instead of talking, she reached into her coat and grabbed her walkie, ”This is Lone Ranger, I’ll be headed to base here soon. Tell the Doc to hang tight. Over.” Releasing the talk button, she let her hand drop at her side before her eyes returned to look to Theo. There was a beat of silence between the two of them, one that wasn’t comfortable but wasn’t uncomfortable.

”Let me ask you this then…” She paused. ”How’s your mother?” There was a softness to her tone now. She’d never had anything against the woman, despite what her son had done to her. She had only met the woman once, but Bexley swore that she was the sweetest person she had ever met.
with: Theo Misty Gray Misty Gray

Jax Darby
Jax outside .jpgJax wasn’t surprised to hear that the Western leader was normally just a pain in the ass. She definitely seemed that way. The man went on to explain that the leader was like a hurricane and the man couldn’t help but smirk, they hadn’t seen his brother yet..clearly. It was easier than he thought to get the man to talk to him, given the split between the factions, he was sure he would have a more difficult time getting information out of him.

He intrigued him, speaking about how he couldn’t really hate the East. It was interesting to hear how he accepted that all they were trying to do was survive. He spoke about not being able to live in the moment in a world like this and Jax would have to agree with him. This world was far too dangerous to take things moment by moment. Everything had to be planned ahead.

”Interesting that you think that. I feel your leader wouldn’t like to hear you speak in such a way about the east, she seems dead set on hating every single one of them.” The woman was stubborn, that much Jax could tell from just being with her for a few hours. She was also a clumsy leader from the looks of it. The reason she was so angry was because she didn’t have control of herself let alone a whole faction.

This pleased Jax to see, it would make it easier for the first downfall for the South. ”Survival is a competitive sport, my friend. Whether you all like it or not, the only way to survive is to be working against each other. Not everyone will be able to be fed, not everyone will get shelter…in the wild, you have to fight for it.”
with: Matt DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster

Alex Bailey (Present)
Serious Alex 2.jpg
Two weeks had gone by since the East found the two newcomers that day and things were going more smoothly than they had in a long time. It was just about time for her routine patrol but she had been informed that she would be doing it with the newest member to the scouts, Eli. It was relieving that she wasn’t the newbie or the youngest anymore, she wasn’t sure how long she could take people constant looking over her shoulder. These last two weeks the other scouts have backed off and allowed her to do what she normally would do.

Today had gone on normal enough, Alex had woken up early, before the sun and decided to go for a morning run. She was always a person who had so much energy in the morning so she normally preferred to work the later night and early morning shifts. But something had come up for one of her fellow scouts and was asked if she could switch shifts. Alex was fine with it, as there wasn’t anything else she could possibly be doing. The afternoon was silent for the most part, Alex went to the small library that their faction had and took advantage of reading from her favorite novel, Of Mice and Men before it was time to head off to her shift.

Alex left from the library which was towards the North-East gate of the faction. This was the gate they were set out to patrol, not a terribly long route for them tonight. This was one of the more boring patrols if Alex had anything to say about it. These ones consisted of simply standing there with a gun, looking out into the dark city skyline for any sort of walkers or other types of people. Alex stopped by the weapons’ base on the way over, it had been a couple days since she stocked up on ammo and wanted to make sure she was fully loaded for tonights patrol.

After that, the blonde headed in the direction of the gate observing the people walking by as she too passed them. She smiled at a few kids who excitedly waved at her, waving in return. There was times when life felt…normal. Sure she really didn’t know what normal was as she was too young to experience it but she imagined that it felt somewhat like this. Approaching the gate, Alex looked around, Eli was suppose to meet her here but so far he was no where to be seen. ”This is Alex, currently located at the North-East Gate. Eli, do you copy? Over.”
with: Eli Shireling Shireling

Eli Cartwright
potentialElialternate.jpgEven though he was now formally a part of the scouts, Eli had still promised his old boss, Mr. Potter, that he would stop by some mornings to take care of his pigs and chickens. Potter often said that Eli had an irreplaceable touch with animals, and was sad to see him leave. Eli, despite his initial melancholy at not being able to help around the farm as much as he used to, was enjoying sleeping in a new dormitory section reserved for scouts instead of in an agricultural worker's barracks. He had his own (albeit closet-sized) room, an oil lamp, a table and chair, and a few other amenities. No windows, but beggars couldn't be choosers. It was, at least, considerably warmer during the nights and much more private.

After feeding Mr. Potter's livestock, he headed over to the security office where they gave him his radio, a survival knife, a small medical kit to carry on his person, some other odds and ends, and finally let him check out a long-gun for his patrol. Being a particularly good shot, Eli decided to take a weapon better at range and carried off an old .308 bolt-action hunting rifle. By the time he had done all that and prepared for his patrol, it was about time for him to be going.

As it was getting dark, Eli was dressed for cold weather. He had gotten a new pair of shoes, still old leather work shoes but these ones not held together with duct tape, and a new coat much the same as his old but without the mismatched patches. His rumpled flat cap slouched, as usual, on the top of his head and his rifle slung over his shoulder. He made his way towards the gate.

As Alex began to call for him on the radio, she heard the crackling of her own voice coming up behind her as Eli emerged from the building and walked towards the gate. "Sorry," he said on approach, "I know I'm running a tad behind." He strode up and put his hands in his pockets. He had heard Alex was new like himself, so he wasn't overly worried about impressing her or demonstrating he wasn't an idiot. Then again, he was always worried about not looking like an idiot to some extent. He didn't know Alex, but he supposed he probably would get to given they were both at the bottom of the totem pole amongst the scouts. Eli's eyes lingered on her face for a few seconds before his gaze shot back out towards the dark road ahead of them.

"Right, well, I guess we should get going," he said, sticking his hands in his coat pockets to insulate them from the cold and putting a foot out of the gate.

Bellz Bellz

Theodore Ashworth

1548371114361-png.531425
Theo raised an eyebrow when Bexley said she hoped he wouldn't settle for someone like Rachel. His former lover had suddenly softened her tone with him again and it was becoming difficult to keep up with. She was unpredictable and back when they were together, he quite liked her spontaneity. Now it was more confusing than anything. "I'd rather remain single than be with someone like her," he pointed out. He couldn't help but smile when she hoped if he did have Rachel's kids, they'd at least get his genes. "Now, I don't think I can imagine me having kids now, can you?" He wasn't sure why he'd made such a comment. Were circumstances different, he'd have loved to have a kid. As soon as they could walk he'd be teaching them to climb trees and he'd have a little companion to take out fishing with him, just like his own father had done with him.

As Bexley broke off to speak into her walkie, Theo gazed towards the ground, contemplating using the break in conversation to take his leave. Perhaps it would be good to walk away on relatively civil terms. But he didn't move and soon they were looking towards each other in a short silence.

Bexley spoke up and asked him how his mother was. The two women had met and had seemed to like each other, which Theo had been really happy about at the time. His mother was a good woman and she used to maintain she was the best judge of character, through which she determined Bexley was a nice girl. "My mum..." he began, folding his arms and briefly looking away. "Mum died... five years ago. She'd been sick for quite a while and she started to change; she was like a different person. She had a brain tumour and there was nothing that could be done for her." Theo let out a deep breath, trying to fight off any emotion from surfacing. "Some days she'd even forgot who I was, but other days she'd mention you."

Bellz Bellz (Bexley)

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: None

Interactions: Open

Mackenzie walked over to the wall, pulling the blade from it sharply. It had embedded itself in the wood fairly deeply, creating another slash mark in the punctured wall. Mackenzie took a soft cloth to the blade, wiping away any imperfections before she returned it to its sheath and hung it on the wall alongside the other daggers.

Taking a step back for a moment, Mackenzie looked around the room at the sea of weapons that surrounded her. Each one held their own advantages, their own charisma. While Mac preferred dual daggers and a bow and arrows over other methods, she couldn't deny that every weapon the West had accumulated over the years was special in its own way. She examined her own weapons, two silver daggers with intricate Celtic knot designs on the hilts and a crossbow, matte black in color with a matching quiver of handmade arrows. She had created them all, customized them to her own style and uses.

Mackenzie turned away from her weapons and walked back over to her workbench, beginning to organize, clean-up, and put away the mess that had accumulated from a day's work. Her father had always said that cleaning after creation built character and relaxed the spirit. At the time, she didn't quite understand what he meant. But now that she was older, she had definitely figured it out. With the workbench clean and her tasks finished for the day, Mac ventured to the back room where a cot and a chest resided. Most of the time she preferred to sleep in the weapons base, a bit overprotective of the items contained in it.

Reaching into the chest, Mac pulled out a bottle of scotch that was hidden beneath one of her jackets. Bex had always discouraged her drinking habits, saying that one day it might get her killed. But Mackenzie was generally careful in terms of her addictions. She twisted the top from the bottle of scotch, and took a large sip, savoring the warm peaty flavor as it traveled down her throat.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
GODFREY FINCH—
zcIKsxW.jpg
He'd decided that it would be nice to get out of his usual space for a while to take a breather. Besides he hadn't really had much time lately to talk to Nik so why not kill two birds with one stone.

Godfrey sat on you ground and leaned his head back. These last two weeks had gone by without much incident. Everyone seemed to be adjusting well to the new guy up to this point. And no one had made an attempt on his life so that was a plus. He'd like for all the drama of Jax coming to just pass completely so that he could go back to worrying about the regular stuff. Damn... What kind of fucked up world was it that the undead fell under the category of regular stuff? Nope, not something he was gonna worry about today. He left his problems at the door when he left his room. He sighed, continuing to rest against the wall as he waited for his friend.

Nightblade Nightblade

Last edited:

Matthew Williams

Matt chuckled again, setting his hand against his holstered gun. Not out of malice, more so as a place to set his hand where it wouldn't be too hard to arm himself. He shrugged at the other's statements.

"Yeah but it's not like I'm betraying the west."

He looked towards the wall, an uneasiness creeping into his heart. Bex was late...and she hadn't called. It was a bit...unnerving. That paranoia left him tapping his foot on the dirt impatiently. He was well aware of Jax, but more concerned by his leader's absence.

6149752653234480866.jpg

Jylene Ferrea

There were days where Jay wished people could get over their issues by themselves. You'd think in a world full of walkers and death that everyone would just get over their issues and come to the realization that this was life; or at least, that's what Jay thought. While she enjoyed helping people keep sane, she didn't enjoy patching up to guys who were fighting over some girl. She especially didn't like having to talk them down in order to keep petty drama at bay and away from Bex's ear. As she stitched up the last guy's face, the instigator, she made sure it hurt in order to send a message. "You know, I'm here to treat serious things and make sure people keep their sanity. Not settle disputes between grown adults." While her voice was soft, it was still filled with annoyance and a certain motherly chastisement. After applying the gauze to his now stitched up cheek, she started to clean her area up. "Idiot, deberias buscar otra novia. Pronto." When he stared at her, clearly not understanding Spanish she rolled her eyes. "A girlfriend. Find another one because she's obviously not a one-woman gal."

That was earlier that day. Now, she found herself going through their make-shift nurse's office and doing an inventory on medical supplies. While they weren't running low, she couldn't afford to be stitching up idiots and wasting it on people who decided to fight. That and she was supposed to be helping people mentally not just physically. "I am going to need drinks after this..." She muttered to herself. The sudden voice on her radio made her jump but when she realized who it was she gave a small smirk. "Well well, looks like the doc decided to come out of his hole for a bit." After she wrapped up her inventory, she grabbed her handgun and put it back in its holster before leaving the room. To ensure everything stayed put she locked the room up. Never know who might try and use up all the morphine.

With her daily doses of stupid taken care of, Jay started to wander around for a bit before heading for the gate. It was where Dr. Salazar was waiting for Bex and she enjoyed bothering the man; even if he didn't react to much of her pestering. It didn't take too much longer before she reached the gate, waving at Mick as she passed by. There was someone she enjoyed pestering even more, probably because he gave her the time of day to do so. But, that was a time for later. For now, she'd stick to bothering the rock of a man in front of her. "Hey doc. Que te trae por aqui?" She asked, the slightest of smiles on her face. She figured there could only be one reason why he was there, but she wasn't going to say anything in front of those guarding the gate.

Mick ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Ivan ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 )

Alex Bailey (Present)
Serious Alex 2.jpg

Alex jolted a bit, hearing her own voice echoing behind her. She turned to see Eli approaching her. She gave a small friendly wave and shook her head once, ”No worries.” Alex told him lightly, knowing that things could be kind of overwhelming on the first day. Reaching around, she strapped her walkie back into her utility belt before moving to grab her rifle from the strap on her back. Positioning it in her hand, she looked up when Eli suggested that they should get going and smiled, ”Alright, lets go.” She said before turning and walking out of the gate with him.

Before Alex had been a scout, she lived in the common barracks, not having a specific skill that set her apart from the rest..not really contributing to the society of Taurus. At one point, she could remember her days blurring together, forming into weeks and to months were she was just stuck inside of herself. She didn’t know what she wanted to do or who she was. It had taken some convincing to become a scout but when they finally gave her the chance, she proved that she was more than willing to learn and listen.

Her boots crushed the twigs below them as they passed through the familiar wasteland of beyond the gate. After she was found, Alex didn’t step foot outside of Taurus for years. Out in that world, it was every man for themselves…there was no law, no order, no humanity. The first day she stepped out into the unknown as a new scout would be one she would always remember. Seeing what the world use to be, trapped in an entanglement of crumbling concrete and steel. Waste and debris from the chaos 17 years prior still stands, a reminder of what the city had been through, what the world had been through.

”Crazy isn’t it?” She asked Eli, her eyes scanning the area as she spoke, ”This use to be, alive…all of it.” They were both too young to know what normal was, to them…this was normal. Fighting everyday for survival was a normal occurrence. Alex was about to open her mouth to speak again when she was hit with a sense so powerful that gripped her gun and aimed it outward, pointing the weapon as she scanned the area.

This feeling, the air was still. Breathing out a deep breath, she suddenly noticed that she could see it. Brows furrowing, she glanced to Eli, ”Its getting colder..” Her gun didn’t waver from straight ahead, a tree in the distance having shook on its own. There was no breeze around. Curiously, she took a step forward but her mind screamed for her to stop. The shaking continued and her heart began to race. She hadn’t face a walker on her own yet. Panic was clear as day in her face as she took a few more steps forward. Her right boot came down on a branch, snapping it. The tree came to life and it rustled furiously. Alex didn’t hesitate as she fired two rounds into the tree, expecting a walker to fall from it, she gave a small cry of surprise when a murder of crows took off from their perched positions, cawing and flying high into the sky.

From everything she’s read in her horror novels, she knew that this wasn’t a good sign.

with: Eli Shireling Shireling

John walks out of the east’s armory, having counted and stocked it. John was never a fan of guns, just a fan of the protection and security they provided everyone. The man walked aimlessly around hoping something would pop up to do. After 30 minutes of walking he grows bored and sits down, and thinks of what he can do.

He could find something to eat, he could explore, he could just wander around and wait. All those thoughts pass his mind and decides to just sit and wait as he does he drifts to sleep. His eyes feel like cinder blocks, his body felt like it was shutting down. After 3 minutes he succumbed to the temptation of sleep and is sleeping on a bench in the sky scraper in a lower level, close to the doors leading out. Leading into the dead city, once alive and thriving has people striving just to survive.

Bexley Withers
Bexley gun gif 2 .gifBexley had expected to hear anything other than what Theo told her. The brunette’s eyes widened and her features appeared to soften even further, growing sad at the thought of what the poor woman must have gone through. Watching Theo closely, she could see some emotions bubbling to the surface. For a split second, it felt like things between them hadn’t really changed. If you took away all the bitterness they felt towards one another, the lies…you could see two people who had really grown close over the few years they’d been together. He surprised her when he said that some days his mother would mention her.

A heavy feeling grew within Bexley’s chest as she let that hit her for a moment. Now she really felt like she was a curse. Even though she hadn’t seen her in years, Bexley couldn’t help but feel like Theo’s mother’s death was on her own hands. Guilt set in and the woman shook her head slowly. It felt like so many people she’d met or had known close was either disappearing or dying, that’s why she wore such a protective shell. She had to fight, she had to fight for the ones who couldn’t. Her father, her son…even for Theo’s parents, who should still be alive with their son..

”I’m so sorry,Teddy…” Bexley murmured, her face etched with genuine concern for what could have been the first time in years. She stared at him for a long moment, taking in the features of his face, searching for the familiar wrinkle in his brow which would show her that he was hurting. That was a face she use to devote herself to keeping off his handsome face…Stopping herself before she got too far, the woman cleared her throat. ”You’re mother was one of a kind, truly.” Her words were genuine and there was a small smile that formed on her lips. It felt natural to reassure and she knew that she was being pulled into something she wouldn’t be able to get out of if she didn’t cut it off right then and there.

”I should probably get back-“ Static from her radio echoed through the silent park around them and the woman was just beginning to notice how dark it was getting. ”Shit!” Bexley cursed, she had completely forgotten about Matt. Figuring it was him trying to call in, she listened for the sound of his voice. The radio hissed and hissed for a few more seconds and Bexley grew concerned, grabbing her walkie, she lifted it to her lips. ”This is Lone Ranger, go ahead. Over.” She said. Well aware of Theo still standing in front of her, she turned away slightly hoping to hide the worried look on her face.”Matt, this is Bex, everything alright? over.” Suddenly, there was a voice scrambling to find words. The radio went in and out and Bex could hardly understand. Before she could truly comprehend what was happening, there was a distinct sound that had the woman back up towards the East side. Turning around, she knew what was coming their way.
Walker gif.gif Not too far off in the distance, was a herd of walkers larger than she had ever seen before. Grabbing her rifle, Bexley didn’t hesitate to open fire, her heels pressed firmly against the borderline. Lowering her rifle for a split second, she grabbed her walkie and pressed the talk button, ”LONE RANGER TO BASE, I NEED BACK UP NEAR THE BURNETT FOUNTAIN, CENTER OF PARK. THE REST SECURE THE BASE.” As the walkers made their slower descent on the park, Bexley noticed something even more unusual than the heard.
The crowd of blood thirsty zombies didn’t seem to want to budge for whatever was trying to get through, but it ripped through the middle like paper. Bexley dropped her walkie to the ground and reached for her rifle again. Just as she was about to fire, she watched as a skinless looking being sunk its teeth into a walker, causing the zombie to scream out, attempting to fight back as the monster tore into its jugular. That wasn’t normal behavior. Them turning on each other.
Running zombie .gif
Firing a few rounds at the being, it didn’t seem to affect it as it simply turned its head towards both Bexley and Theo. The creature tilted its head to the side, as if curious by the two humans before it started walking towards them. Bex unleashed several rounds of bullets this time but the creature didn’t slow down in its step instead it grew into a jog and from a jog its mouth opened wide and blood gurgled from its lips, a screech unlike Bex had ever heard rumbled from with it. Then much to the leader’s horrifying shock. It took off in a full sprint towards them.

Not thinking about the line, Bexley instinctively began to run backwards, keeping her eyes trained on the monster as she continued to fire rounds and rounds of bullets into its almost hollowed out chest. She collided with something hard and Bex realized it was Theo. ”GO GO! RUN!” She cried out.

Given the heights that the East lived in, it could only be assumed that they could see the havoc that was beginning to pool into the West side but Bex was almost sure that they wouldn't come to their rescue now, especially after the way she had been.

ACTIVE CAST: Misty Gray Misty Gray Shireling Shireling Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Folklord Folklord Nightblade Nightblade MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise shadowz1995 shadowz1995 CkSmalling CkSmalling

Matthew Williams

Matt checked his radio as he heard it go off, only to hear the echoing of gunshots nearby. He pulled his pistol free from his holster as he heard the approach of groans and shambling. Zombies.

"Shit. Get behind me or die Jax, because getting caught in the crossfire will end you and I won't give a shit."

He quickly radioed in with Bexley as he shot a couple bullets towards a nearby zombie.

"Bex?! What's going on? Where the hell are you?!"

He moved to shove Jax back a few steps, urging him to run as he readies himself to take another shot. His other hand has gripped tightly onto his radio as he tries to quickly move back still attempting to get into touch with Bexley.

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: Theo ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Interactions: Bex ( Bellz Bellz )

Mackenzie stared at the bottle, chewing softly on her lip as she swished the amber liquid around. Before she had found Saloon, she drowned herself in cigarettes and alcohol to avoid the memories of her family and loved ones. Their blood was indefinitely on her hands, and Mac didn't know if she could ever forgive herself for that.

Just as Mackenzie returned the cap to the scotch bottle and tucked it back into its place in her storage chest, her walkie talkie crackled to life from its place on her workbench in the other room. At first she only heard static, and didn't think much of it. But when Bex's panicked voice sharply cut through the air, Mackenzie's whole body froze. If Bex needed back up, the only logical reason would be walkers on their land. "Dammit!" Mac cursed, skidding into the other room and grabbing her walkie from the counter. "Armory to Lone Ranger. One my way to the fountain. Bringing excess weaponry," she answered into the walkie, her voice icy and tense.

Spinning so fast that the blood rushed to her head, Mac grabbed her twin dagger sheath belt from the wall and strapped it around her waist. Next, she slid the crossbow holster and quiver over her shoulder, letting it resting comfortably against her spine. Finally, she strapped a thigh holster for a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield around her leg. Making sure to grab an extra clip for the handgun as well as a couple of extra clips for the semi-automatic rifle she had seen Bexley grab earlier, Mackenzie sprinted out of the weapons base, leaving the door securely shut behind her.

The few miles between the weapon's base and Bex's location seemed to take far longer than Mac wanted to. As she ran, her heart raced, both from the cardio and the panic of her friend or her colony getting hurt. When she ascended on the Burnett Fountain in Central Park, Mac noticed Theo standing not to far away from Bex on the faded border between their territories. Bex had told her the story of their past relationship, and so Mac briefly narrowed her eyes. But her thoughts were quickly torn to the herd when Bex turned and ran, shouting.

With green eyes widened in surprise, Mac looked upon the strange creature. Without hesitation, she pulled the crossbow from her back and loaded a broadhead bolt into the flight groove. Aiming through the scope, Mac pulled the trigger and watched as the arrow punctured into the knee cap of the strange skinless creature. This gave her enough time to sprint over to Bex and Theo, her cheeks flushed with adrenaline. As she loaded another bolt, Mac sharply said, "What the fuck is that thing?"

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Dr. Ivan Salazar

Seeing a face that he could tolerate and somewhat like was always the start of a decent day. He nodded towards Jay as she approached and to answer her question, he wordlessly lifted the satchel strapped over his right shoulder, indicating he was here to drop off some supplies for the West.

He took off the large pack on his back, laid his rifle down, and opened it to show its content to the co-medical head. "Aloe vera and mint salve. Cold means people will get sick. Also helps with burns." He shifted the contents around to show the clear liquid beside the salve, "Moonshine. Strong alcohol. Good disinfectant."

Normally, Dr. Salazar would follow Jay inside but the crackle over the radio caught his attention. He turned up the volume and caught wind of Bex's message. She gave panicked orders before quickly going radio silent. Ivan normally would leave it to her loyal followers to go and save her sorry behind but something caught his attention.

A blood curdling screech pierced the frigid, grey sky that was about as human as the Wyrms were. A chill went down Ivan's spine and it had nothing to do with the cold nor did it have anything to do with fear.

No, if this was what he thought, this is exactly what he was searching for.

A chance.

The masked doctor turned to the psychologist, "Take the supplies. Put everyone on high alert."

Ivan removed the first aid from the pack and quickly stuffed it into the satchel. Grabbing his rifle, he bolted upright and turned towards the given coordinates. It couldnt be seen under the heavy clothing and mask but Salazar's expression was one of an emotion he very rarely ever felt. Excitement. His heart rate started to climb at the very thought of what could have caused that screech and what possibilities it could bring to his research.

The researcher took off into a dead sprint towards the sound of gunfire.

He wasnt as fast as Mackenzie. He had neither the endurance for that kind of sprint nor did he have her youth. That being said, he had accuracy and a fit body. That's all he needed and he would prove that.

As the redhead quickly pulled up beside Bexely to provide aid to her leader, Dr. Salazar posted up two hundred yards behind West's leader. He laid down on the freezing ground and quickly got his breathing under control.

It was through the scope lens that Ivan laid eyes on the majestic creature. A Wyrm that dwarfed the others and even fed upon them. If they got in the way. It was like nothing he had ever seen before. Yet, a Wyrm it was still. That much was obvious. What kind of secrets could his tissue tell? What kind of answers lay hidden inside the blood of this spindly, pale beast?

Ivan pulled the trigger and set free a .308 round at several times the speed of sound. However, the target was not the unidentified creature. One of the infected behind the large Wyrm promptly fell without a twitch after having his head blown almost clean off. Ivan grabbed his radio without moving his sight off the approaching horde, "Withers!" he yelled with urgency, "Do not kill that beast! Aim for the limbs to slow it down!" Another bullet cracked through the air. Another infected fell dead. "I'm several hundred yards behind you! Lure the beast to me! I can bring it down! I NEED it alive!" Naturally, this would sound like crazy talk to anyone that wasnt the leader of the west colony, Bexley Withers. She knew what kind of experiments Ivan had been running. She knew the chemical he was bringing her today and what it did. She knew exactly what his research could potentially bring to light. She knew the massive worth this new infected being had if it could be studied.

Or at least, so he hoped.

MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Last edited:
Theodore Ashworth

1548696507554.pngTheo was surprised to hear Bexley express sympathy and though his face softened, he was sure it was all for his mother. The woman had always been popular due to her peaceful and friendly nature that made it so easy to like her. He scrunched his eyes up and looked away for a moment, trying to maintain his composure and not let any existing emotions take control. He quickly nodded his head and looked back to his former lover. "You're right, she was a bright light in a dark world," he agreed, displaying a bittersweet smile.

When Bexley told him she should go back to her duties, Theo quickly nodded his head. "Yeah, I should get back to it too before the storm kicks in," he remarked. It was a rare occurrence for him and Bexley not to be yelling insults or being cold towards each other. He had to admit it had been a refreshing exchange, despite all that had happened in the past. It would have been easy to get sucked in and to keep their conversation going, but he knew things were too complicated, especially with their rival factions. He heard a few of the words that Bexley spoke into her radio, but he decided it wasn't his place to listen in. Instead, he turned away, readjusting the rifle strap as it had slipped down his shoulder a little. He took a few steps back on his intended path, his hand instinctively resting alongside the shotgun that was holstered at his waist.

As much as he tried, he couldn't help but look back over his shoulder. When he did, he saw Bexley with her rifle raised and aimed at what was clearly a herd of walkers. "Fuck..." he hissed before turning fully to face the West's territory. The woman fired off shots before she spoke urgently into her walkie to alert her faction. There was no hesitation to step in and help; their history not important in that moment. He rushed back towards Bexley, bringing his rifle forward and ready to aim as he did. He was caught off guard a little as his eyes fixed on one particular zombie that appeared to be running towards them. It was a sight he hadn't seen before but he didn't get time to dwell on it when Bexley collided with him, knocking his senses back into gear. He instinctively placed his hand on the top of the woman's arm, wanting her to run with him.

Theo saw the redhead who appeared on the side, watching as Mac lodged an arrow in the creatures kneecap to slow it down. She soon enough caught up with them, but the zombie carried on coming at them. Taking a step forward, Theo withdrew his shotgun from his holster and brought the weapon up to his eye level. He aimed the barrel directly to the centre of the monster's head and was about to fire off the shell when he overheard the male voice over Bexley's radio. He held his position as he told himself to dismiss what the guy on the West side was saying, not wanting to risk the lives of himself nor the two women stood close to him. He muttered an expletive under his breath before lowering his aim just above the knee of the zombie's left leg. Without further delay, he fired the shotgun with hopes of ripping the creature's leg clean off.

Regardless of the outcome, Theo reached for his walkie and spoke through to those on the East. "Teddy to base. I'm on the East/West border, requesting assistance. We've got a zombie horde over on the West, but backup is needed. I repeat: assistance would be much appreciated. Over." He had faith he wouldn't be the only one on his side willing to help. Despite the fighting and rivalry, Theo wished to preserve all human life.

Bellz Bellz (Bexley) MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat (Mac) shadowz1995 shadowz1995 (Ivan)
ACTIVE CAST: Shireling Shireling Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Folklord Folklord Nightblade Nightblade DistressedDisaster DistressedDisaster Mackenzie wise Mackenzie wise CkSmalling CkSmalling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back