• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

WW2: 2 Pilots (With Shadow)

Arman saw the hard wind coming in, the wind, blew in his face. He struggled to get even a little bit balanced, floating down,Arman prepared for a rough landing, all the other teams were very close to landing. Hell, he even heard someone had failed the landing process and fell out of their parachute. Arman wasn't sure if that was the exact news, because the wind was blowing over his radio. The ground was coming closer and closer. Seeing that John, had already landed, and Hugo, even close, he was even more anxious. A few trees were not far away. Bracing for landing, Arman felt his foot land hard on the ground, way to hard, so his body naturally flew backwards, flipping over just in time to avoid a face killer, and at least have part of his body land on soft grass. His parachute was dragging around the area, he took it off just in time, to see it flying into a river. "Well, looks like I have to use another one."

Felix watched the ground come closer as he kept swinging back and forth. He tried to brace himself as he hit the ground. Because he landed on an angle, he tripped and went rolling until he hit a tree which stopped him. He groaned and began trying to untangle himself from the parachute. When he got out he balled up the parachute and stuck it under a nearby bush. He climbed the tree and looked for the others. After a moment, he saw Arman by a river. He jumped down and went over. "Hey, how was your landing?" He asked, scanning Arman for any obvious wounds.

Arman replied, "It was a bit rough, I lost my parachute, and I think I got a few bruises. But I'm still okay." Arman looked over the horizen, this was gonna be a dangerous mission. He slowly got up, getting up came with a bit of pain, but it was nothing too hard to handle. "Well, let's get started travelling." Just about then, all the other crews were about all landed. Arman started walking, with the rest of his team.

((I'm so sorry! I've been on vacation so I couldn't get on.....Sorry!))

Felix nodded and glanced around as the rest of the team appeared. "Alrighty then....Here we go." He said, the last part more to himself. He kept looking around a bit nervously as they began their walk. He wasn't sure exactly how far they were going to have to walk. Of course it would be best if they didn't stop for a while in case anyone had seen their chutes. He quickly felt his flight jacket to make sure he still had his 'survival kit'. Most of the things inside were random items he thought he might need. Of course there was the official survival kit that all pilots were given, but a spare map never hurt anyone.

(I was also busy with some other roleplays while procrastinating, but I'm back! I've become a more hardcore roleplayer since back then, so expect a bit more activity and length to my posts)

Arman walked along with the other team, wondering where they would arrive at, he never really got to the part of which country they were going to. Arman thought about the time that it would take to arrive there, and found out, he really had no idea. So Arman pulled out a map from his small backpack, barely bigger than a fanny pack, and looked at the map, surprisingly, it was in a country that he had never heard of. Arman's geographical skills were never so great. He suddenly noticed that the group had fallen into a rather odd awkward silence, and Arman tried as hard as he could to think of something the group would be interested to talk about, but a curious thought suddenly appeared in his mind; what was everyone's backgrounds? He had never thought about this, he especially wanted to know about John's American roots, so he asked away. "Hey, guys, I wondered, where were you all before this war?" While asking, Arman accidentally brushed himself on a Evergreen. Ducking just in time to stop a scratch. Being more alert, he waited for Felix, John, and Hugo's answers.

Felix noticed Arman looking at the map and chuckled quietly. It had taken him forever to properly read a map, and he still struggled with maps of foreign places. He bent down to go under a pine tree and brushed his hair out of his eyes. He glanced over at Arman when he spoke up and chuckled awkwardly. "I'm from England originally and I left college to join up. Nothing that interesting really....." He said, deciding to leave out his reason for joining.

((I hope it's okay if I control John....))

John grinned as he thought back to his home. "I lived on a ranch in Texas with my wife. It's a pretty great way to live, all the horses and cows and stuff. Of course, we mainly raised horses and they're a lot of work. Lucky for me, my mother and brother moved in to help my wife with the farm. My darling wife was sure she could care for all the horses by herself. She's a strong, beautiful woman and she can cook like nothing I've seen before. They are great people, my family. Not to brag or anything." He chuckled, adjusting his pack.

Felix felt slightly jealous as John described what he considered the perfect life. "Well, I hope you get back safely, mate. Your wife sounds like a nice woman." He said, brushing his hair out of his eyes again. "What about you fellows?" He asked Arman and Hugo.

((Sure, It's fine!))

Arman was caught off guard by Felix's question, and noticed that he had not thought about his past since he was departed from his military base, along with his new team. It became apparent that he couldn't really remember everything before he was in 4th or 5th grade. Quickly trying to recall everything before WW2 started, Arman then replied to Felix, slightly stuttering, "I was pretty much a nerd, I got good grades and all, though I was in college, it quickly became boring to me, conveniently my family was poor, and the Allies were looking for new recruits, so I joined!" Arman was eager to hear Hugo's response.

((Shall I do Hugo, or you?))

Hugo gave his background in a steady voice, "I am Half German, when I was young, my mother died, my father had almost no job opportunities so he moved to America, there, WW2 started, but we saw the bad in the Nazis. Finally, I joined the Allies, it took a lot to get pass the suspicion of me, but it was worth it."

((Alright, I was kinda procrastinating with that post, sorry, though I feel up for some M&B Warband so I'm going to go play that now.))

Felix listened with interest as Arman and Hugo told their 'back stories'. "Wow, it sounds rough, being part German at a time like this." He said to Hugo, pity in his voice. John nodded in agreement. "Does anyone want a snack?" Felix asked, pulling some dried food from his pack. Despite their need to preserve food, he was constantly hungry and usually couldn't stop himself. He held out a bag of dried pineapples to the other guys, popping one his his mouth at the same time.

Arman took a dried pineapple from Felix's hand, it hadn't occured to him that he didn't bring any food for the mission. He expected that the other team would take a pineapple too. "I was so concerned on the mission, I forgot to bring snacks.." Arman said, because he had quite a big appetite. Munching on the pineapple, Arman had also thought of another thing. They would soon arrive at the warzone, so they needed food to cover them up until they got there. "How much food we got left?" Arman questioned. But the whole team saw something ahead of them. The forest was getting more dense as they got farther into it.

John rolled his eyes and grinned as he took a pineapple from Felix. Felix grabbed another handful for himself and crammed it all in at once. After he had finished chewing, he took off his pack and went through it as he walked. "Well, I have a nearly limitless supply of snacks. As for actual meals, I have a couple of the freeze-dried things that you pour water in to make." He said, stuffing the fruit back in and putting the pack on again. He slowed down and dropped behind Arman as the trees and underbrush became thicker. "Wow, it's nearly impossible to walk without tripping now." He commented, almost tripping as he spoke. He grabbed Arman's shirt for support to keep himself upright. He coughed and grinned sheepishly, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Sorry....Like I said, tricky to walk in here."

Arman smiled at the food supply they had, "Probably will feed us until we reach the mission." At a moments notice, Felix fell. Grabbing Arman's shirt, "Hey, that thing isn't very thick, though I do have my military vest. If you're having trouble, just grab a branch to support yourself! It works like magic." Arman had learned this from many past experiences climbing mountains, and all that athletic stuff. Before he could worry about any other people though, he would have to get a stick to hold onto. Arman had already gotten close to tripping a few times. "Wow, there are a abundance of branches here.." He also noticed something suspicious of the tree ahead.

Felix apologized again and slowed down so there was more distance between them. At least if he tripped now he wouldn't knock the others over. Glancing up ahead, he felt like something wasn't quite right. He quietly pulled out his map again, a small compass attached to it. He continued to walk as he examined the map. "I haven't got a clue where we are." He mumbled, mostly to himself. He looked back up at the trees ahead and saw something move. "Guys....did you see that?" He asked quietly, slowing down so he would make less noise. He folded the map as quietly as he could and stuck it in his pocket, freeing his hand for his knife.

"Hmm, maybe our dinner, or something trying to dine on us.." Arman said to the others, while keeping a close eye on the tree. They were getting close to the mission area, so the being moving in the trees may even have been an ally, but Arman couldn't risk anything. "Felix, flank the right side, I'll go left. Hugo, keep an eye on the trees around, and John, provide us cover if needed." Arman whispered the orders to the others, he didn't know if they would listen, but he wasn't the best tactician either. Arman concluded that he could just count on Lady Luck, he took his flank, and started slowly walking..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back