• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wrong Place Wrong Time

"Well that's kind of weird for them to just forget, though I guess that's some aftereffect that is pretty handy," she commented.

She stood there silently as she pondered a bit to herself. It wasn't that she didn't have an arsenal of questions but rather not sure which ones to ask him. Part of her also wanted to joke and ask if there was some vampire handbook she could refer to. However she simply smiled to herself at her little joke.

"I think at this point I'd be better off observing and learning rather than asking you an annoying amount of questions regarding the matter of not being human anymore. I do have questions about you though since you are sort of the mentor in all this. So far all I know about you is your name, what you look like, that you aren't human, that you cook, and this is where you live."

She didn't mention Farrah even though she was curious about that as well. Charlotte didn't want to bring it up since he could throw her out if he got upset enough with her. She still felt guilty and it wouldn't probably ever go away. They could play the silly game of asking stupid questions about each other as a way of distraction and also to actually know something more than an acquaintance would.

"How old are you exactly?"

He was actually doing pretty well. He could juggle a conversation and cook at the same time. He hadn’t had to do that for while some time. He couldn’t deny that he loved the company. Wow. He hadn’t noticed until now how much he loved being able to talk to someone. It was nice to have companionship even if it was just acquaintanceship.

Well the ricotta was done and the hamburger meat was draining. The dough was setting out on the counter. Everything was ready to be put together. So it began, quickly, trying to keep everything neat as he worked. It kept his hands busy so he didn’t have to worry about it being too awkward.

“What year is it?” He thought it over a moment. “Two Thousand and fifteen.” He whistled as he did the man in his head. It was more than a few years, that was for sure. “Well I was born in 1906 so do the math.” He probably wasn’t the fastest in math. “One hundred and nine years old.” He shrugged, looking back down at the dough, trying not to think about all the years he had been through.

“I’ve been answering all your questions. I think that you should answer the same questions about yourself as you pose to me. It’s fair, right?” The pasta was almost done. He turned on the fire beneath the water filled pot, added salt, and continued with his work.

"I'm fine with answering questions," she answered with a shrug.

There really wasn't anything she considered of particular interest about herself. Ian had been alive much longer than herself so he'd gotten to experience many more things before she had ever been born. She wasn't really bothered by his age either since he seemed to have adapted to changing times.

She was a bit curious about what he could possibly ask her about. Maybe her age but she was in college so he could easily guess the range. She would burst out laughing if he asked her about her favorite color or other things she favored. She didn't really have many favorite since she was a bit fickle and constantly interested in many things at once. She'd tried learning how to knit probably twenty times now and still couldn't even make a lumpy scarf.

Charlotte had also been trying to make herself feel some desire towards the food that was cooking but there was nothing. No growling stomach or sensation of demand for her gut. She did sort of want coffee though which was a bit weird. She did have some strange eating schedules so maybe her mind was telling her stomach it wasn't time to eat and therefore shouldn't feel hungry.

The pasta was finished, having been stuffed with the cheesy meat mixture and sealed off. The water was boiling and now he waited only a few more moments before walked towards the two pots and bringing the second pot up out of the water, positioned it in a way so it wouldn't fall.

Since he didn't want to dirty up another bowl, he picked up the small pockets up into his hands and walked them back to the stove. He reached down into the steamy pot with tiny holes, dropping everything in his hands. He had been able to get all of the food to the stove. He hadn't dropped anything--he was lucky. He usually ended up dropping something throughout some part of the cooking process. There was still time. He shouldn't count his chickens before they hatch. He pulled the pot up above boiling water, and slowly lowered the pasta to their fate.

She wasn't particularly understanding what he wanted. She wanted him to ask her questions. He didn't really care all that much. He cared about not answering all of the questions about himself and not knowing anything about her. He kind of wanted to know what made her like she was. If she got personal with him he could get personal with her.

"You're not understanding." He smiled towards her as he pulled a larger spoon out of the drawer a few feet away from the spoon. "You continue asking me questions, but expect to answer every question you ask me yourself" Dipping the spoon into the boiling water. He wanted to make sure that nothing stuck together. "So start with your age. You drink like a college kid, you look-kind of-like a college kid, but sometimes you don't particularly act like it"

Charlotte tilted her head to one side as he stated she hadn't understood him. Usually when she met someone new they'd do that silly game of questions; asking each other random things and answering these random questions. It seemed the social thing to do though some questions she'd been asked weren't very polite.

Charlotte sighed and her mood soured slightly. She probably seemed pretty childish to someone who has lived as long as Ian had.

"Fine. I'm eighteen. As far as drinking, you can thank Shelly for that. I can only drink at the bar Shelly works at because she lied and told them I was twenty-one. She also has a stash at the apartment. The first time you encountered me I was drunk because Shelly was tired of me freaking out over that whole ordeal where I thought I'd left you to die. This most recent one I had wanted something to numb me I guess."

She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at nothing in particular. She really just wanted to avoid looking at Ian.

"As far as acting one's age you've got me beat there," she joked with a bit of bitter sarcasm.

He was over one hundred years of age and didn't seem to have much maturity for someone who has lived that long. She almost wanted to ask if vampires could become senile but that was just that little mean voice that liked to pop up every now and then. She either laughed at her own misery to cover it or she got really mean because she hated how people would try and act sympathetic or even worse empathetic.

"I could claim that age is just a number that doesn't really apply much to behavior if you want some sort of weird philosophical argument."

He could tell that his honesty had offended her a little bit. Her skin wasn't as tough as the wall she tried to build up. This is where those choice words from before seemed to be butting his head in. He smirked, not daring to look up from the boiling water for a little bit. He would have to be the one to refrain from offending. So he stirred silently for a moment.

"Things change when you die" He shrugged, trying to maintain a middle ground for the sake of his dinner. He walked across the room, leaving the pot for a moment. He pulled a glass dish from beneath one of the counters and walked it back toward the stove. He set the dish down on the counter, opening the pasta sauce and pouring half of the contents into the bottom of the dish. He walked back toward the cabinet, stopping a little short. He turned on the oven and smiled, walking back.

"Taste this." He smiled, pulling the spoon from the holder, dipping it into the water. The pasta needed to be checked, so, he pulled on of the bundles out of the water and set it beside the burner. He pressed his spoon into it and it cut easily. He hummed quietly to himself, scooping up half up and offering the spoon in her direction. He picked up the other half and dropped it in his mouth. He smiled at the taste in his mouth. of course there was no sauce, but what he had was just fine.

"Just like Mama used to make" He laughed, picking up the pot and letting the water drain out.It was almost finished. He could feel the slight pain in his stomach telling him that he was hungry. Right now is when he wanted ot eat most. He wasn't as hungry as others could be, but he still liked food. It was a night reminder of childhood and his human past.

Charlotte decided to indulge Ian and ate the offered sample of the pasta. At least she'd still be able to enjoy regular food and she could only hope that maybe her appetite for it would return. The pasta tasted fine but didn't feel the emptiness in her stomach. She wasn't sure what she was really supposed to do with herself. She seemed to be unable to have a normal conversation with Ian and didn't get why. She knew she was awkward but had she been this awkward?

"So... is there a guest room or something where I can crash?" she asked.

She didn't mind if she had to crash on his couch. She was glad she at least had some place to crash and someone who'd try somewhat to help her adjust to being a vampire. However a guest room would allow her to hide away and be alone with some privacy versus crashing on a stranger's couch. She probably wouldn't even bother unpacking her things since this was only temporary.

"I'm fine if you just want me to use the couch but I figured I would ask."

She wanted to say a few more things such as she'd try to find a way to support herself as soon as she could and that she'd stay out of his way as best as she could. Some people viewed such statements as empty promises so it was probably best to not promise anything until she was certain she'd be able to keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back