• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Writing Games! Join Anytime!

it seems as though nobody wants to get in spook spirits :(

I am so sorry! I've been meaning to post something, but haven't had the chance to write it. I could have something up late tonight or tomorrow if that would be okay?

Same. I've been busy. IF it gets extended i can try to post something. 

'Tis a cold and vigorous night in the land of Lancelot.

Cold and Silent...Never ending sounds of the the winds whistling into the air.

The kingdoms' lights.. shine and brighten the midnight sky.. the wind fills the air of magic.

The kind of magic that surrounds the green hills.

This kind of magic is to where the fairies sing the song of remembrance.

Magic that can only be conjured by the power of dreams.

Let thy purity of the moon fill the mind of the angel and the devil.

As the land of Lancelot sleep in the luminous light."

Lifeless were the eyes of the young trick-or-treater who wandered the streets alone. With right foot stepping before left, the small mummy walked in a robotic manner, careful not to trip over the loose bandages wrapped around his limbs, torso and face. A gooey red liquid dripped from beneath the openings of the yellowing strips of fabric; it left a spotted trail like breadcrumbs dropped by Hansel. 

Stopping in front of the twenty-fifth door, the boy rang the door bell once. The low hum was faintly heard from the outside. The lights were on but no footsteps were coming. Light in hand, the boy rang the door bell once more; but like all the homes prior, no one came to answer. He learned not to sigh in disappointment, but instead, turned on his heel and left the house just as the door opened to a very confused couple.

They watched the small boy, wrapped in old bandages, dripping in what looked like red kool-aid mixed with cornstarch, saunter aimlessly down the streets. There was no one else around, just him alone with his empty pumpkin pail in the dead of night.

The couple turned, looking at each other with one synchronized thought in mind: "Does he know that Halloween is tomorrow?"

He watched his smoke tainted breath curl up towards the night sky, the smoke leaving his lungs illuminated by the street lamps around him. The sun had set barely an hour ago but there was still the sound of children laughing and adults talking as groups of people milled about the streets. One such group passed by him and he dropped his gaze long enough to nod towards the adults and wave at the kids, commenting and admiring the costumes each wore.

Halloween; a major holiday shrouded in mystery and folklore. The majority of the children in costumes going from door to door saying “Trick or Treat!” probably didn’t know all that was behind the holiday. He scraped his cigarette against the stone wall. Heck, he’d bet that a good number of the adults didn’t either. Or, at least, know fully.

He stood up from the low wall he had been perched on and started to make his way down the street. He made his way into a darker part of the neighborhood, the homes that were either empty due to whatever reason or the homes that just didn’t participate in the holiday. He pulled out his cigarette pack and lit another one. Pity.

The smoke from his cigarette curled around him as he moved from home to home. Some had unknowingly protected themselves from his presence. It actually made him happy when that happened.

He did not take pleasure in his job.

He came to the first home that was occupied and not protected. He made a face in disgust. He entered the home and closed the door behind him, the door returning to its locked state. A drunk man was passed out on the couch, some movie playing on the TV screen. The place was a wreck but he ignored it.

Ok, so he lied. There were some aspects of his job he took pride in. This was one of them.

He made his way into the first bedroom, finding it void of life. He moved to the second bedroom, finding it surprisingly clean for a children’s room. Two pulses of life came from the closet and he turned his head. The shutter closet doors were closed but he knew they could see his form. He walked over, hearing the faintest of breaths hitching. He squatted before the closet, offering a tired smile the children probably couldn’t see. “It’s alright,” he assured. “I’m a friend. I’m going to take you trick or treating.”

The only sound came from the living room, the TV still blaring its movie. He waited patiently, knowing what would happen. It always happened.

Slowly, the closet doors opened. The two children looked horrible. He offered them each a hand. Their tiny hands closed around his fingers and he gently guided them out of the closet. He smiled down at them. “Ready to go?”

The older of the two grabbed his cloak. “You really taking us trick or treating, Mister?”

He nodded. “If you would like. We have time before we need to be anywhere else.”

The older of the two narrowed their eyes, intelligent. “Where else are we going?”

No wonder he hadn’t visited the pair beforehand. “There’s a party where a lot of kids like you are going to be at and you get to make all the friends you want.”

“Really?” the younger asked, full of sudden, trepidatious hope.

He nodded again. “But we have to play a game first.” The older’s eyes were upon him, trying to decipher his words. “It’s called the Quiet Game.” The older’s eyes flickered in understanding and the younger tensed against him. They understood. Good. “Once we step outside, the game ends, but you can’t make a noise till we get to the front step. Ready?”

They nodded.

He led the way.

They had almost made it to the door when the drunk man woke up. The man blinked at him before realizing that he had the man’s two children in hand. He cursed under his breath as he pulled the children behind him, feeling them cling to his cloak. He faced the drunkard coming at him as he summoned his scythe with a vicious grin.

WARNING: This can be considered as a JJBA shitpost. And it most likely will be. I'm just trying to have fun here. Nevertheless it shall be posted.

The pale moon silhouetted the evil being's presence and cast its ever-growing shadow upon the land panicking in terror brought by its presence and minions. Chaos was everywhere, fires and ruin scattered on the streets, blood splattered on the walls

"Your friends are dead, and soon you will be. William may have found out the secret of my Summon, but it does not matter. You cannot defeat me with your weak Summon!", Halloween said, a smirk forming on its face.

Johnnie, the hero of X-mas spirit grunted. William was his close friend, and he will not let his death be in vain. He aimed to exploit the precious knowledge William sacrificed his life for, and defeat Halloween to end this feud once and for all. However, before Johnnie could even do a thing, Halloween had already taken the next step.

"THE PUMPKIN!", Halloween shouted, and a pulse of extreme force emanated from Halloween's location as its Summon appeared - a muscular humanoid figure with skulls and bones composing its skin and a glowing jack-o-lantered as its head. As a result, the people, including Johnnie, was frozen still in terror.

Johnnie was not afraid, but for some reason, he could not move. It was not his terror that was preventing him from moving, it was the amalgamation of the entire world's fear compressed into one. Such a power made Johnnie desperate to break free. With all his might, he tried to move, to break free, as Halloween slowly inched toward him.

"The Pumpkin is the strongest Summon. Your time to die...is now, Johnnie!", Halloween shouted in excitement and joy. His enemy shall be defeated, X-mas will be no more, and Halloween will be the best holiday in the entire history of the world! Halloween's summon, The Pumpkin, raised its fist and threw a powerful punch towards Johnnie.

But, surprisingly, Johnnie's Summon, Frosty, appeared - a muscular humanoid figure made out of snow, with a snowman's head as its head, blocked the punch and threw a counterattack that The Pumpkin dodged, but caused a graze on its face. This, in turn, made the same graze appear on Halloween's face.

"What?!", Halloween yelled in surprise as it hopped backward. "You can move!?"

"I told you, Halloween. I will end you here.", Johnnie said, his eyes filled with rage and determination. Then, once more, they began to freeze. It seems that though Johnnie can move, it is only for a short amount of time.

"I see.", Halloween said. "Ha...ha...hahahahahahaha! You may be able move, but you can only do so for a short period of time! Let's see...one second? Two seconds?" Halloween had The Pumpkin throw a number of sharp, bat-shaped and spider-shaped projectiles towards Johnnie, which slowly froze still just right before it hit him. "Show me how long you can move, Johnnie!" Halloween, then said. "And the fear goes away." And in that moment, everything that was frozen began to move once more. The sharp projectiles continued in their rapid flight.

Johnnie yelled. "Frosty!" His Summon then, proceeded to attempt to deflect all these by punching them away, however, there were far too many projectiles, and struck Johnnie in many of his vital spots, and with such force that he flew away into an empty street. He laid down, pain ringing all throughout his body.

"THE PUMPKIN!" Halloween, who floated whilst following him, shouted. "Your time is up, Johnnie. And so is X-mas. I will end this fight in ten seconds!" Then, Halloween, along with its stand, disappeared, but its voice still echoed. "1."

"2."

"3."

"4."

"5."

Johnnie, cornered and weakened, bet everything on the next two seconds that he could move whilst being frozen in terror. Then, all of a sudden, from the sky, Halloween dropped onto him, carrying a large container full of candies and chocolates. 

"TRICK OR TREAT!", Halloween yelled. 

Struggling, Johnnie had his Summon attempt to crush the large object into dust by rapidly punching it, but Halloween emerged victorious by punching it downwards, increasing the force of its fall. It was then that the container landed, confirming Johnnie's defeat.

"Yes.", Halloween said. "Finally, I've done it."

Word Count: 700

[SIZE= 8px]plsdonthurtmeforthis[/SIZE]

It's nearing ten at night and in the small town of Halloween, parents are beginning to coax their children inside for the night. Orange lanterns and the glowing grins of pumpkins light up the edge of the street like a poor catwalk. Overhead, the stars begin to pop into existence, running late to the party. 

On the sidewalk, Lily stands with her bag of candy clutched in one hand and her girlfriend's hand clasped in the other. She's only fourteen years old but her girlfriend, Kara, is going to be seventeen in a couple of weeks time. Kara is holding candy in one hand too but a red solo cup of syrupy alcohol in the other. They're waiting for the game to start.

Becca, another older girl with a ring stuck through her nose, draws a blunt line with chalk in the middle of the road. It cuts through the centre of the street, a faint white lining glowing in contrast to the darkness around them. There's a group of six of them gathered on the sidewalk and they rolled a die to see who would go first. 

A boy named Theo plays the game first, the game they call "Dead Man". It was simple to play and involved the person lying across the chalk line their eyes closed. They would wait for a car to turn the corner and head down the street but they weren't allowed to move. Whoever laid there longest, allowed the car to get the closest, was the winner. Theo bolts after seconds and the car whizzed past. 

Lily wasn't so sure that she wanted to stay and play. She'd been enjoying the evening prior to the party, when they had all collected candy from houses and played tricks on people and joked around. But since the drinking started, Kara had turned pink in the face and her fairy wings were slipping off her back. Things were beginning to get dangerous now that it was late at night. The flashing lights in Lily's fake halo began to blink on and off again. 

Next to play is Kara. Her pink lips curl into a smile as she folds her arms across her chest like she was a dead man in a coffin. Lily watches, breathless, as her girlfriend lays in front of a moving car. For a second, she's sure that Kara is about to be crushed to death. But then, with ease, Kara rolls out of the way. She rejoins them on the sidewalk with a grin. 

Now, Lily suggests they head back inside because she's getting cold. An older boy gives her a jacket to wear and tells her that it's her turn to play. As she walks out into the street, Lily barely breathes. Her chest feels tight and her lungs don't flex. She lies down on the road and closes her eyes as loosely as she can. She tries to focus her hearing but can only hear the sound of the others laughing. They aren't even watching. 

Fierce determination flows through her as her hands clench into fists and she holds her breath because it's too loud. A car is turning the corner and speeding towards her. Determined to win, Lily tries not to visibly flinch. The others are still whooping and yelling on the sidewalk in encouragement. And then, they're just yelling. They sound frantic but she's at ease. She can do this. Lily's nails dig into the palms of her hands and she waits. Any second now...

And then, for the third year since it happened, she's suddenly standing on the sidewalk again and watching herself die. 

Hallo, Ween! It’s Halloween! Well, no, it’s not; it’s gone; it’s been! What’d you do, you fairy queen? Trick or treating? Took out your spleen? Well, that’s no good; it’s bad routine. Better put that in the big machine! The one that gives you good hygiene - no, don’t eat it, that’s not cuisine! Let’s throw it out into the ravine. It’s dark outside - you’ll need sunscreen. Wait, hold on - I need vaccine. There we go - and we can’t be seen.

Out! Out! Into the dark! It’s a journey that we’re gonna embark! Oh, look, a big aardvark! I wanna go play down at the park! Please? Please? Aww, why not? Why can’t we go and leave a mark? Fine. OK. I’ll just play with Annark. What? She’s not dangerous! She’s just a cub shark! Wait! We’re here! Look! The trademark! High up there, on top of the arc! The one with the face of that monarch! Now, come on, gimme a spark!

OK. OK. Here, it’s green. It’s really quite nice - it’s got a good sheen. Let’s go through. The door’s pristine! Hey, stop that. Don’t be mean. Take this instead - it’s a magazine. Look, on the wall, it’s the big, big screen. It’s cyan. It’s blue. It’s aquamarine! Go on, toss it through; you’ll get your protein. Now, let’s leave. Wait, wait, what can be seen? A sign that says “Warning: trinitrotoluene”?

Hey, I'm here to jump-start this engine!

All of these posts were really fun to read! I finally went with @IctoraPost ! What fun light verse!! So unique and whimsical, happened to be just what I was in the mood for. Congratulations!!

The game must go on!!

PS, here's a suggestion: Start another writing games thread!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. Really? Thanks! I personally think everyone else's were better than mine, but okay, thank you.

Prompt: Flash. It has at least 17 different meanings so interpret that however you like.

Time Limit: 48 hours

Word Limit: 100 - 700 words

She flinched away from the crowd. She noticed she hadn’t been the only one to flinch. Her companions had as well and the male was not looking pleased. She reached out to him and he offered her a tight smile as he gave her hand a brief squeeze.

The crowd was going nuts but it was clear many were forgetting the rules in place. She forego the crowd with her companions and started for the end of the walkway. Security swarmed past them in the opposite direction. There was the sound of a megaphone activating behind them but the announcement was cut off as the door closed behind them.

It seemed liked a curse. As soon as the door clicked shut, they were assaulted by light. She kicked back into her male companion, their other companion pressing close. Her male companion wrapped his arms around them both but he was in a worse state than they were. There was an altercation as people rushed forward to shelter them. One of the older men that had rushed forward placed himself directly in front of her, his expression full of concern.

“Are you alright?” he asked softly, others closing up the gaps to shelter them. She shuddered but nodded, glancing at her companions. Her gaze settled on her male companion as she verbally replied. “I’m ok. But we need a quiet, secluded room. I don’t think he can last much longer.”

The entire group around them seemed to come to a non-verbal agreement in an instant and hands reached out but paused before touching. She smiled softly, appreciating the forethought by those around them. The older man that had spoken is the one to ask, “Is it alright if we touch you?”

She reached out to take the older man’s hand, watching as her female companion did the same, but they both looked at their male companion. He had his head down, his hands gripping whatever fabric was against their lower backs. She met the older man’s gaze, offering, “Don’t touch him. We’ve got him.”

Some of the hands pulled back as the older man nodded and placed himself at her side, careful not to touch her male companion as he wrapped an arm around her. One of his fellows did the same for her female companion and the rest created a sort of protective barrier around them.

The walk was short but it was appreciated as the mass of the group chatted as if there was nothing wrong, joking and commenting on mundane things not connected to the panic. By the time they reached the room, her male companion was brokenly conversing with someone walking beside him.

The room was vast and sparsely furnished. She realized it was one of the main halls that was being unused. That much space being empty with no one there beyond her, her two companions, and their entourage was surprisingly soothing. Her male companion even released his hold on them and she watched as he stepped passed them towards the furniture at the far end of the hall. The older man stepped away, removing his touch as his counter did the same to her female companion. She smiled appreciatively to the older man before following her two companions.

Her male companion flopped into one of the chairs before their female companion settled in his lap, curling against his chest. She, in turn, merely grabbed another chair and spun it around so that she was sitting backwards in it. The older man did the same across from her as the others either grabbed a chair, a piece of the floor, or just stood about.

“So you three are the reason for the ‘No Flash Photography’ rule?” asked one of the men that had been leading the group and keeping conversation light with bad puns and getting reamed by the others. In point, a forgettable man in a simple suit smacked him upside the head. He merely grinned up at the man with a grin.

She nodded, answering with a shrug, “Trauma just doesn’t go away overnight.”

She watched her companions out of the corner of her eye curl closer to each other. She couldn’t blame them. 

One to another

Like a frivolous bird

Beautiful feathers

Melodious voice

Sharp beak

Harsh words

So conflicting, yet I cannot look away

The stories have been told

Whisper here, rumor there

I know what that bird did.

Is it so hard to say no?

Those words sit on the edge of my lips

Ready to be spoken

Ready to cast away

But something enthralls me

I hear the call of that bird

It pulls me in, weakens my resolve

My conscience screams

Pulls me by the hand

"Like glass, he'll shatter you!

"Shut your ears! Turn your head!"

But I can only seem to hear the bird.

His feathers, so bright

Cast an alluring shadow

I hide beneath it

And I shiver as his frosty beak kisses me

Blue tinges ges my fingers as I stroke him

I stiffen from frostbite

My breath begins to slow

But I cannot regret

Cannot turn back.

But then, with wings that catch the wind

He seems to rise up

Higher, higher

He ascends to the clouds

I try to catch his gaze

But he stares at another

His eyes filled with lust

The same lust he looked at with me

He flies to that other songbird.

He flashes away.

The flash of the camera snapped the girl out of her trance. "Sorry," Quincy murmured, looking at the product. "You looked so serene, lost in thought like that. What were you thinking about?" His curls bounced when he looked back up at her. A hint of a smile graced his lips. Hers twitched in response.

"A lot." Was Laken's quiet response. You. Her hand reached out for the camera. "Let me see it then." She examined the picture. She hated what she saw. A portrait of who she was before Barcello. The flash reflected off her cheekbones, she almost looked like the ghost she felt like.

Her disdain must have shown on her face, because his hand found its way to her cheek. "You're beautiful." Their eyes met and tears sparkled in both sets. "It wasn't your fault."

"It wasn't yours either." Her voice was barely audible, but as she folded into his arms, it didn't really seem to matter. Her cheek always fit so perfectly into the crook of his neck. His arms wrapped themselves around her waist and pulled her into his lap.

He couldn't protect her anymore than she could protect him, but that wouldn't stop either of them from trying. They didn't have to say they loved each other. Words didn't compare to actions. To feelings. To them.

dedicated to my love @Lutalica i'm sorry for all the times our ships hurt us (jk i love it)

Huh. Really? Thanks! I personally think everyone else's were better than mine, but okay, thank you.

Prompt: Flash. It has at least 17 different meanings so interpret that however you like.

Time Limit: 48 hours

Word Limit: 100 - 700 words

A old man sits on the park bench, the bench was in a small grave yard. The man chose not to say his emotions but he used his aged handkerchief to wipe tears away. He has almost never shown his emotions but he flashes them for a split moment. a tear running down his face. He misses the family he once knew, the one he raised and paid for.

He stands up and goes to a cluster of graves, 2 medium sized gravestones, the names blurred out in his eyes. He lays flowers down on the 2 graves, and walks away. wiping his tears away and straightening his coat up in the cold. He chooses to keep the mask on, that everything is fine, for no one but himself. Only for the subtle flash of emotion to disturb no one but himself.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back