• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wrath of the Magi

I don't have a solid count yet - we have a Communer, Chronomancer, Cryolyte, and probably Heartwright for certain.

We may have a Necromancer and Shadow, but I haven't heard from those players in quite some time, so if you get yours in first you'd be bery welcome.

Especially after that Promethean game collapsed.

Promethean is hard to get people for. The structured character growth puts a lot of players off.

If you haven't read the Craft sequence, I recommend it. Amazon's sample of the first book is most of the first chapter, and the style is consistent as far as I've gotten. The soul-law metaphysics are so lovingly done.

Quick character idea- would it be possible to have a necromancer who attempted to cheat death and succeeded, but at the cost of his memories, human form, and much of his power?

I would be reluctant to allow that at the start of the game, but it's absolutely achievable within the rules.

Hrm. See if something less extreme grabs you, and if not, I can see fitting this character shortly into the plot as the party digs around in ruins.

I definitely see how that could get out of control quickly. I was simply tossing out a quick concept I thought was sort of neat. Is there any particular Pattern that you think could help round out the group right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm. Pretty effective in combat with the Cryolyte and Communer (and our Chronomancer's respectable skill at arms), with good mobility and intelligence gathering from the Chronomancer, and a powerful socialite in the Heartwright.

A Necromancer adds huge versatility - extra labour, useful magical devices, intelligence from questioning ghosts, and an inclination towards being a party animal or researcher. With three people vying for that spot, well, it might get competitive.

A Shadow adds a ninja-scholar to the group, which is as useful as it sounds.

As for other options - a Guardian provides a very useful economic edge, a Conflagrant makes a good 'heart' or leader for the group, a Seer could be very useful for giving buffs and predicting events (in tandem with a Chronomancer they'd be potent indeed), a Stormlord offers almost as much versatility as a Necromancer with more shock-and-awe magic at their disposal, a Torcherbearer would be a good support choice with a line in deathrays, and a Conduit can enhance the entire group while giving them an edge against potential hostile Magi or ancient traps.

So I guess consider the option that you think would support an interesting character and worry a little less about rounding out the group's abilities.

Currently confirmed players:

Alexandra, as a Communer.

Blackadder, as a Cryolyte.

Coal Seam Fire, as a Necromancer

Stickdom, as a Chronomancer.

The Fuzz, as a Guardian

Likely players include:

Cirno, as a Heartwright.

Players I am now highly skeptical will be joining us:

Dopejackalope, as a Necromancer.

CrimsonEclipse, also a Necromancer.

Which means, Kay, Seer is certainly open.

And remember, folks - if you don't get a spot here, you can always see Fantasy - The Abyss Gazes Also which takes place in the same setting. Or Fantasy - Tribunal which takes place in the same setting about a thousand miles southwest.

Or Futuristic - RULES OF NATURE which takes place in the same setting about a thousand years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back