• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Would you prefer a native RpN App over Tapatalk?

Which one would you prefer?

• RpN App

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tapatalk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I feel like there are people simply playing devil's advocate for the sake of not making it purely one sided, or maybe they're tapatalk devs who come on the site lol. I mean, 118-4? Damn

I think its one sided by default here. When people make a great idea to fix a problem everyone can approve of it.

Seriously, a 99c app would be helpful for the site. I've been telling Himself you two need to figure out a way to bring in more $$ for the site anyway. :)

I'd love a native app.

Generally, I use the browser, but the ease of an app would be HUGE for a lot of users.

The only conflict I could see is getting an app that works with all types of mobile devices (mainly the iPhone V. Android thing).

That said, using Tapatalk has always been a pain for me, so I'm bias. I end up opening threads in the browser anyway about 80% of the time because the functionality just isn't there in-app.

With all the upgrades that have been made to RpN, Tapatalk just seems to fall behind in usability.

I guess I could note, the only main issue I have with the Tapatalk app is the fact that it doesn't support the BBCode so anything in code always shows the [blahblah] [/blahblah] and all that. and the colors almost never work correctly in appearance on tapatalk either.

Never used Tapatalk. Always hated it. RPN app would be best. Would purchase gladly.

Wish I didn't abandon my Android Application Developer course after I finished it, or I could have actually been useful on this one :/

*woof*

A. It'd be nice to have an app that's not completely overloaded with people, as tapatalk always completley freezes with me >.>

and B. Tapatalk is too... glitchy. Especially with the new site changes.

I think I agree with most of the voters.

If it can let me bold, italics and underline with out having to type the code that would be awesome. Also throw in some like functionality that tapatalk is missing and on the PMs as well as the forums. I'll be happy to switch. :3

RPN app would be awesome, but I have an older iPod which I use (iOS 5) I doubt it would be compatible with older devices. (please tag me when you respond)

@Revan The Courier[/URL]

These polls, 276 to 8. I think 8 people mis-clicked, it would be awesome having a site app. I had no idea this was even possible

*flies away on happiness unicorns and rainbows, 'cause he can be on site so much more*

Also, while I love the updated mobile site, it just seems too crammed for my small Iphone and I can barely see anything...

Just as friendly reminder, somethings like making it bbcode compatiable are in possible, Tapatalk can't do it because they don't want it but because the app can't pull everything custom from the site.

For the most part this will be an updated clean mobile experience for posting since a lot of people still have issues with the mobile site and having the convenience of having an RpN app is still really nice.

I like the idea of having an app for RPN. Maybe there might be an addition that will let mobile users chat in the SB.

I like the idea of an own app better than continue with Tapatalk.

For a part because Tapatalk continues to send me notifications for forums I don't even have an account for...

For the rest because having an own app is just fancy xD

Hunnyhelp said:
Can you update it?
@Revan The Courier

These polls, 276 to 8. I think 8 people mis-clicked, it would be awesome having a site app. I had no idea this was even possible

*flies away on happiness unicorns and rainbows, 'cause he can be on site so much more*

Also, while I love the updated mobile site, it just seems too crammed for my small Iphone and I can barely see anything...
I said it was an older device and you know how apple is, no I cannot update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back