• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Would an Impractical Jokers style rp be a good idea or naw?

Do you like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naw

• Maybe

• LARRY!!!

• Total voters

Harley Quinley

Just try me. I'm worse than Mr. J
We wouldn't be any of the original characters, but there would be 4 jokers a week, and it constantly changes, and they tell the other what to do in one chat, and the person would do it in the actual chat. I dunno, but I think it would be funny...you?

This would be better if it could lead to hilarity at someone's expense, which is what the show does. If you could come up with a system that promotes actions, with proof, that embarrass the poster, you may strike gold.

Also, voted LARRY!

I love Joe. Lol

Well, consider the show's premise and work with the restrictions we have in place. If we're all confined to our phones/computers as far as that goes, our outreach would be towards the internet in general. That's a big pool to play in, so let me use an example utilizing characters from the show to put it in perspective.

Q tells Murr that he has to go on youtube and reply to every Justin Bieber video with "Will you marry me?" in the comments. Murr does so and screencaps or links it all to prove he's done it. If he can't prove it, he loses. Most losses go to punishments, just like the show.

Something like this would take A LOT of communication and some online personas to boot, but that's really the best way to capture the magic of the show.

Oh...I was kinda thinking more along the lines of "Private message someone and tell them a story on how you went to jail for grabbing a peesons watermelon," but that's cool too.

See, even that is a similar situation. It's pretty much exactly what my idea encompassed, even if it were limited to RpN. Someone tells the joker what to do, the Joker does or doesn't do it, they post proof for laughs or don't and potentially get punished.

Okay...

It's just the jokers would rotate every week and they would do funny stuff..so it's just us 3?

I'd be game if a working system was put into place when you got the RP up. As of now, consider me.. well.. considering it.

I was gonna set up the thread, but I'm not sure if 3 peeps coupd do it...unless we just did a private message...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back