Worst Roleplaying Experience?

Username said:
i am scared to listen to it....
Look at my signature.

It starts right at the earrape too.

It's for the unsuspecting people who expect nothing bad.

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a rather weird experience about 8 years ago. I was in my late teens and I was hanging around some kawaiihighschoolrp chatroom in DevianTart (Christ, why did I even go there in the first place. There were high school vampire characters every fucking where). I joined a group rp with a BFF and her 13-year-old friend who enjoyed playing as child characters and babies.

I entered mid-RP, and for some reason, 13yoboi's child genius character had dumped a hair-follicle-consuming substance on BFF's teenage boy character's head and had sent him on a crazy treasure-hunt in order to find whatever it is that could save his hair (can't remember the details). I played as Teenage Boy's girlfriend entering the picture and wondering what the hell was going on. Child Genius dumped 13yoboi's infant character on the girlfriend so she could babysit him while the kid went off being the prick he was towards Teenage Boy. "Not everyone handles babies well," I thought and proceeded to make the girlfriend uncomfortable, holding the babe awkwardly. Then the infant goes on an internal monologue about how this girl is heartless for simply being awkward with him, and how he hates her immediately. Cue baby tantrums, Child Genius taking the piss out of everything and Teenage Boyfriend freaking the hell out.

I OOC commented, "Wow, this child is rather difficult." That somehow triggered 13yoboi and he blew up at me, using every curse word he learned since the age of 12 and deemed me unfit to be a mother.

It was silly, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quartz said:
I OOC commented, "Wow, this child is rather difficult." That somehow triggered 13yoboi and he blew up at me, using every curse word he learned since the age of 12 and deemed me unfit to be a mother.
3X0KnbH.gif

lol. i think he mistook children for cats. cats will judge you. babies don't have the mental capacity to do the same. but in fairness babies would be kind of hard to play realistically - i mean they're pretty well totally dependent on other people.

nerdyfangirl said:
lol. i think he mistook children for cats. cats will judge you. babies don't have the mental capacity to do the same. but in fairness babies would be kind of hard to play realistically - i mean they're pretty well totally dependent on other people.
Is that what it was!? That makes it even funnier!

[QUOTE="Primal Conundrum]I never knew babies were that judgmental!

[/QUOTE]
These poop machines get treated like kings and queens on a daily basis. I wouldn't be surprised :|

nerdyfangirl said:
13yoboi claimed to be responsible and empathetic enough to understand the feelings and needs of babies after having babysitted his infant nephew or something. Or, he mistook them for cats, as you said, lol.

I don't typically role play as babies, but when I do, it's usually after my character(s) have given birth and we want some bonding time between parent and child. I don't think they're hard to play as their needs are relatively simple (I might think it's easy because I have my own nephews as reference lol). Playing as kids on the other hand... *shivers*

Oh goodness, reading each and every one of those stories has given me life. Cringe-worthy, second hand embarrassment life. I feel you all on the weirdness and shouts to @Khadame for the sudden sex-driven partner. I've been through plenty of those due to the fact that I'm also on a different site that allows that. There comes a time where you come to be able to pick them out pretty well.

I have plenty of horrific stories but of course it would be a whole novel (shit, probably a trilogy if I wrote them all) so I'll only focus on like... two... or three... Or a million.

The first one needed to be put in a spoiler because I went way past it and it sort of became a vent xD . So read it at your own risk!

Now, I can't say I was one of those people who started roleplaying at a young age. But I do remember that when I did actually come to start roleplaying I had the luck of always joining up with the super detailed type of partners. So imagine those ten paragraphs filled with beautiful scenes compared to my shitty two paragraphs. I certainly learned how to write a good detailed post pretty quick with them (and for that I will forever be grateful for them). So it isn't surprising that I have a pet peeve of those who don't do the detailed. I'm usually able to control it but there are plenty of people who are able to get under my skin.

I had this one girl, on a different site who was one of them and I will never forget here. We'd been going through a rp that had grown to become a very well known one in the thread. What had started off as only four people had began multiplying which caused the created world to become bigger, there to be more characters and plots, and just all around Squad Goals. But of course here comes this one girl who decides that the rp needs to be changed up completely. It's a realistic/fantasy type but it had been agreed a long time ago that we wouldn't have any aliens or outer space kind of thing going on. She chooses to ignore this and comes in with this 17 year old girl who has a child and had fallen from the sky. What the actual fuck.

I had hoped this would be the worst of it but no, not only does her writing become more terrible with every passing post but she continues to bring up more and more things such as this girl seeming to almost die every post only to come back perfectly fine with some new skill. It was so freaking annoying and she along with a lot of the newer ones had decided it would be a good idea to keep this going. It eventually got to the point where the 'originals' (the ones who had started it) left the roleplay and I must say they kept it going for about two weeks before it died like it needed to.

But along the lines with that rant comes the role-players who are mary sues. There's one person on here who always makes sure that their character is the center of attention. If a different character is having a problem they always make sure to try and 'one-up' it with their character either getting hurt really bad by someone who is supposed to be important to them or they have some new awesome skill or life that just needs to be shared.

Kill me now.

The only other one would have to be those people who just disappear on you for no reason at all. Then get all offended and upset when I send them a message asking if they still want to do it. That and those rps that suddenly get a clique of role-players who have nothing but drama. Please, leave the drama to the characters. Not amongst ourselves.

Xenoxx said:
I've found that position to be, in some cases, absolute murderbait
Oh, yeah. Plenty of children are basically sociopathic work-in-progress human beings. Not easy to write them well.

I am glad to see people sharing their experiences, because i think it will help me watch out (and be more harsh towards) people who are terrible and will just destroy my roleplay. I must thank everyone who posted in this thread for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back