Experiences Worst characters you've come across that make you want to open a keg of Pentaerythritol tetranitrate and light a match...

Becker

“Someone else always has to carry on the story...”
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Title says it all, folks! Look through your past adventures and share your memories of possibly the worst co-characters you had the misfortune of coming across! :D

I'll start with mine, which was my very first group RP on this site. Although I (thankfully) never got the chance to interact with this meme of a character IC, thanks to a good GM. I did want to share this absolute cracker of a character sheet.

----

NAME: Sargent Jones.

SKILL SET: Ironclad, Heavy Weapons

IDENTITY BEFORE THE WAR:

PERSONALITY: Stern, Lacks emotion, Respects Strength.
OTHER/SONG: HE IS NEVER SEEN OUT OF HIS ARMOR... EVER...

----

Please do share some experiences of these characters, perhaps explain why you think they were bad and maybe tell us of some awful characters that you created! :P

I remember when I was just starting to roleplay all my characters were just expys of anime characters I liked at the time, but with the names and tiny details changed. Like, "This is my character.. a blue haired girl with twintails, Matsune Hiku."
I am very glad I grew out of this.

I remember also seeing a character whose personality section was like "Brave. Shy. Loud. Reclusive. Angry but calm. Outgoing" and, true to that, in basically every response they had a totally different tone and personality. I guess if they were going for someone with severe mood swings they nailed it?

so this happened maybe 2 years ago? it was some super-powered high school roleplay thing. everything was all well in good, until this one roleplayer comes in with a weird, barely legible character sheet - i don't have the exact one they had, so i'm just putting down what i can remember.

* his name was jack
* had the faceclaim of jack mcbrayer, a 43 year old man at the time - this isn't an issue by itself, until you realize he was supposed to be a student, and not a teacher.
* character was 16, despite the faceclaim. [roleplayer didn't think it was weird and didn't seem to want any characters mentioning that he looked old for his age.]
* 111 pounds, 6'9" tall.
* main dislikes were people who were pro women's rights and people who think they know everything.
* powers were to enter dreams or be able to make anything from his imagination come to life [no limits listed, either.]
* personality was basically something along the lines of "the nicest guy ever, but don't anger him unless you want to get hurt"

the roleplayer actually left after people took issue with their character, and never ended up posting in the ic thread. everyone kinda ripped him apart as soon as he appeared; i feel a bit bad, honestly.

i actually have a lot of run-ins with this person in the past and their characters, but this is the one that's stuck with me the most.

I remember when I was just starting to roleplay all my characters were just expys of anime characters I liked at the time, but with the names and tiny details changed. Like, "This is my character.. a blue haired girl with twintails, Matsune Hiku."
I am very glad I grew out of this.

I remember also seeing a character whose personality section was like "Brave. Shy. Loud. Reclusive. Angry but calm. Outgoing" and, true to that, in basically every response they had a totally different tone and personality. I guess if they were going for someone with severe mood swings they nailed it?

Oh aye, anime characters can be so hit and miss sometimes. I do recall a long time ago, I was involved with a Japanese Shogun type thingy and someone decided to make a loli character. I had a chat with the GM who, quite frankly was pussyfooting around the issue instead of talking with the person and I just quite simply wrote "This loli makes absolutely no sense as she's making her a 'Lord' but I have complete confidence that no-one would take her claim seriously and I can imagine that one of her 'advisors' would bump her off at the best oppertunity." I think I got the message across but the GM continued to avoid any sort of conflict for whatever reason so I just ditched it because I was getting so wound up. Ever had a situation like that where you just think "Fuck this, i'm leaving."? :D

so this happened maybe 2 years ago? it was some super-powered high school roleplay thing. everything was all well in good, until this one roleplayer comes in with a weird, barely legible character sheet - i don't have the exact one they had, so i'm just putting down what i can remember.

* his name was jack
* had the faceclaim of jack mcbrayer, a 43 year old man at the time - this isn't an issue by itself, until you realize he was supposed to be a student, and not a teacher.
* character was 16, despite the faceclaim. [roleplayer didn't think it was weird and didn't seem to want any characters mentioning that he looked old for his age.]
* 111 pounds, 6'9" tall.
* main dislikes were people who were pro women's rights and people who think they know everything.
* powers were to enter dreams or be able to make anything from his imagination come to life [no limits listed, either.]
* personality was basically something along the lines of "the nicest guy ever, but don't anger him unless you want to get hurt"

the roleplayer actually left after people took issue with their character, and never ended up posting in the ic thread. everyone kinda ripped him apart as soon as he appeared; i feel a bit bad, honestly.

i actually have a lot of run-ins with this person in the past and their characters, but this is the one that's stuck with me the most.

I've never really understood "Height fetishes". Like almost every RP I have taken part of has had at least person who decides to make their character over 6ft. Now, I am fully aware of there being people this tall in the real world but it's not always this common. I tend to make my 5ft 10" or shorter as that's the national average for me but some folk are just obsessed with making theirs the tallest in the village. I think it also makes no sense when they're playing a certain kind of role. "Oh hi, i'm a 8ft Assassin who wears robes to blend into crowds before striking my target unseen and getting away without any sort of attention drawn my way." My dude, when you're 2ft taller than everyone else, you're going to be the eye-candy... and that's not always a good thing. xD

Last edited:
I don’t think the height thing is a fetish actually. No more than just about every character being white, movie star good looking, etc.

That is more down to beauty standards in society and people wanting to make an idealized character.

Now the inability to google a height/weight ratio for that height is a little odd. Until your realize that again it’s just idealizing people based on beauty standards. And being “fat” is a bad thing.

Never mind that it ends up with a lot of characters who would be deathly ill in real life because they are essentially skin and bones.

So these are all from years ago and I don’t have access to the CS. But I distinctly remember two different people in a collection of superhero roleplays (different threads same universe, I was the owner of one thread and sort of mod in others)

Character A
He was supposed to be the main character.
He was played by far and away the worst roleplayer
First thing is they wanted to use a hand drawn picture when everyone else was using the actors from the show the roleplay was based on
They wrote like maybe a paragraph in first person despite the rest of the thread writing multiple paragraphs in third person
They used what I call “See Spot Run” writing. It was all “Character ran to X. Character said “Hi” to Y. Character is angry at W”

It was a nightmare. I ended up basically rewriting all their posts and even then they mostly just copy pasted other people’s posts with their three word reactions

Also was a fan of colored dialogue so their responses where rainbow colored garbage.

Character B
The next character was in my thread in the universe. It was supposed to be kind of the teen character spin off. So it wasn’t directly based on a TV show but with a lot of the younger characters.

This guy wanted to be an adult, I was okay with it because the kids did need adult supervision.

He then proceeds to use a character that has “all the powers of Superman but none of the weaknesses.”

And baring in mind having a weakness was required. So I am like it’s a decent start but add some weaknesses.

They come back with “Antisocial and Anger Issues”. Which are the weaknesses for essentially an invincible God character.

I’m like no. This isn’t going to prevent him from murdering everyone in this roleplay. If anything it will make him MORE likely to do so.

So their second try was “a villain of equal power”

And I was like, Okay I’m done. Character rejected.

And then had to listen to whiney pissbaby complaining about how I wouldn’t let murder god into my roleplay.

My own. I made girls with animal ears and tails with like one personality trait and magic defined by one element. They were pretty uninteresting and bland, and every time I think of them I want to take a running jump off a bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back