• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wormverse Dice Interest Check

Ryoh Hirai

The Surrogate
Hello everyone, and welcome to the "official" Wormverse Interest Check™! 
To those of you who have read and loved Wildow's great work and would love to have a part in it, and to those who would like to adventure in a rich, vibrant superhero 'verse that is different from anything they have ever tried, this is for you! But what is Worm, exactly? It's a very long story... So here, have a link! 

Don't worry though, you don't need to know it all to enjoy this. 

But let us get down to business and start listing stuff:

+This will be a dice game using the Worlds in Peril system (Apocalypse World Engine)
+The gane will be set in the fictional city of Carpenter Hills, somewhere in the US.
+This game will be connected to Silvertongued's "Tinker Quest"  and both storylines will intermingle and influence each other.
+The players will play a team of capes, wether villianous, heroic or rogue, just coming into the region.
+The trigger events will be decided randomly from a list, and the powerset of each player will be decided by the GMs and the other players.
+The GMs will be more than happy to explain and clarify all your doubts and questions.
+Any other questions you have will be answered in this thread.

I am not at all familiar with the dice system, unfortunately <_< (Do you have any links to the books/rules/chara sheet/etc? @Lamladaz ?)

Also, it sounds like we're kinda using WeaverDice guidelines for character creation? It makes me uncomfortable, but it's meant to so that's groovy. My Worm OCs will never have the chance to see the light of day <_<

As long as it's cool that I'll be learning the dice system on the fly, I am so down for playing this. As for our team, I'm partial to playing villains (though Undersider-style of villain would be groovy). But mostly I think I can work with whatever, as long as we're not Protectorate. I mean, Protectorate is fun, but I'm slightly more interested in being independent.

Also gosh, coming up with powers. I think we need that cheat sheet of what kind of powers come from what kinds of triggers. I mean some are so straightforward (Brutes and probably Thinkers) but others? I think Shakers or Breakers confuse me the most.

Oh oh oh! Question!!! Are we all triggers, or is anyone a vial? I had a cool idea once for a vial that ended up with a whole bunch of unhideable physical mutations, which was fun. Oh and related follow-up - any Case 53's?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not at all familiar with the dice system, unfortunately <_< (Do you have any links to the books/rules/chara sheet/etc? @Lamladaz ?)

Also, it sounds like we're kinda using WeaverDice guidelines for character creation? It makes me uncomfortable, but it's meant to so that's groovy. My Worm OCs will never have the chance to see the light of day <_<

As long as it's cool that I'll be learning the dice system on the fly, I am so down for playing this. As for our team, I'm partial to playing villains (though Undersider-style of villain would be groovy). But mostly I think I can work with whatever, as long as we're not Protectorate. I mean, Protectorate is fun, but I'm slightly more interested in being independent.

Also gosh, coming up with powers. I think we need that cheat sheet of what kind of powers come from what kinds of triggers. I mean some are so straightforward (Brutes and probably Thinkers) but others? I think Shakers or Breakers confuse me the most.

Oh oh oh! Question!!! Are we all triggers, or is anyone a vial? I had a cool idea once for a vial that ended up with a whole bunch of unhideable physical mutations, which was fun. Oh and related follow-up - any Case 53's?

There is a text-only version available for free on Google Groups. Also, are we assuming the end of the world did not happen?

There is a text-only version available for free on Google Groups. Also, are we assuming the end of the world did not happen?

(The one here? Awesome~)

You may want to keep yourself in-the-loop via TinkerQuest.

The protagonist in TinkerQuest just triggered and has been considering both the local Protectorate and Toybox, so it's relatively safe to assume that both these roleplays occur before the events of Worm. (I figure these stories kind of replace Taylor's - as in same world, but instead of Taylor being the protagonist it's Maria/the new group/us). Or maybe Worm is running parallel, who knows.

Also I'm absolutely coding up a an empty character sheet to copy&paste. Oh and WiP looks a little like the FATE Accelerated system? (Which is groovy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
To simplify an already simple system: 

Everything is a move, a very broad category of action like approaches in FAE, and rolled as 2d6 plus or minus some small mods.

6 or less is a failure

7~9 is a success with consequence or drawbacks.

10 or more is a complete success.

Every character has an origin and something that drives them forward. Giving them bonuses to some moves and a path to advancement respectively.

Every character has bonds with people/groups/institutions that they can burn to assure successes. The more powerful the character, the less connected to normal things they are.

Powers are not prewritten, and are simply put as a list of advantages (gadgets and such), possibilities and impossibilities ranked by difficulty of use. Each time you try something new with your power and succeed you can add it to your sheet.

Using the Apocalypse engine tempted me - I think this potential group clinches it.

I'm in. 

To simplify an already simple system: 

Also I, for one, welcome our new cauldron cape overlords!

1. Awesome briefing, and that summed things up nicely/usefully. I'm sure the fiddly details won't be too hard to figure out as we play through (I do learn well via practice).

2. I'm going to take that to mean that Cauldron capes of both (main) varieties are possibilities? This will be interesting.

Yes capes of all varieties will be possible, although case 53s will only be created because of bad (good?) luck in chargen. Yes this is a story set one year before Taylor triggers and it might change the main story events in some fashion. A full corebook with all the various necessary sheets will be given to the players by pm.

This looks cool and I'm interested to join, but I am completely lost on what's going on. How does this work?

[scuff scuff]

[light rumbling]

[CRASH]

[thud thud thud]

*flops onto the floor as the door bursts open, then raises a hand feebly*

I HEARD WORMVERSE

I have been waiting for this, but I just don't have the time right now. Will it be accessible to newcomers after starting, as well?

Instantly regret joining on the 25th of August :'3 

Well if any of you die/ branch off with the intent to continue in your own new group hit me up, I'm all about Wildbow

Worm,pact and even following his new series too.Bio punk for the win!

That aside can we all agree that the interludes were all EPIC but the last 3 arcs barring some CHOICE moments was not that great? XP 

Other than these I'm also familiar with Powereds and the Zombie knight series, along with the similar ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back