• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Worm RP Interest Check

Crimson Avenger

Book Wyrm
So I’m planning on running an IRL tabletop campaign for some friends set in the Worm/Parahumans universe, and I’m looking to expand my city’s NPC lineup and flesh out the world, so I thought I’d do a small scale RP on here to see what people think of the setting and flex my writing muscles a little. This is a pre-story start canon compliant scenario set in and around Denver, Colorado. Sign-up requirements would be A) having finished Worm, since there might be some spoilers, and B) A writing sample just to demonstrate you’re able to handle some of the mature subject material that inevitably comes up in Worm based settings, obviously keeping everything within site rules.

Anyone here who might be interested? I’m looking for a ballpark of around four or five people to start with, although I won’t turn more away.

I'm in! Though I have to make a disclaimer: I'm on arc 16.4, but have so many spoilers that I am just reading it for the journey not the destination (My friend gave me these spoilers before I started reading.).

I'm in! Though I have to make a disclaimer: I'm on arc 16.4, but have so many spoilers that I am just reading it for the journey not the destination (My friend gave me these spoilers before I started reading.).

Okay yeah I was in the same boat, so as long as you’re good with it.

Holy shit yes. By the way, if you need OCs, trigger events, powers from trigger events, advice with the world of Worm, or any of that shit hit me up.

One question: what's your policy on Ward information/spoilers, e.g. Case 70s?

Holy shit yes. By the way, if you need OCs, trigger events, powers from trigger events, advice with the world of Worm, or any of that shit hit me up.

One question: what's your policy on Ward information/spoilers, e.g. Case 70s?

I definitely might engage you in some power crafting, always trying to get more ideas for my game. I’ll look into getting some cape/city info up in a thread soon.

I think the way we can handle it is no Ward story spoilers, and avoid lore spoilers unless they’re pertinent to the current setting. I will put a warning saying as much at the top of the page when I get a thread up for the RP. So in the Case 70... case, I’d say go for it. Reasonably, any info that should be semi-available in canon at this time I think is permissible.

So are we making the characters and triggers ourselves or will you be having a direct hand in it like providing us with triggers/vials or something?

So are we making the characters and triggers ourselves or will you be having a direct hand in it like providing us with triggers/vials or something?

Honestly, since this is mostly an exercise in hammering out my setting, I figured I’d leave that up to you guys. I’m mostly going to throw events at you guys but mostly keep it as a sandbox for you to do various stuff and interact with other players. If you have something in mind you want to play I’m fine with that, but I will also work with people to create a power a la Weaverdice if they want to as well.

I definitely might engage you in some power crafting, always trying to get more ideas for my game. I’ll look into getting some cape/city info up in a thread soon.

I think the way we can handle it is no Ward story spoilers, and avoid lore spoilers unless they’re pertinent to the current setting. I will put a warning saying as much at the top of the page when I get a thread up for the RP. So in the Case 70... case, I’d say go for it. Reasonably, any info that should be semi-available in canon at this time I think is permissible.
So to put it succinctly we can spoil setting stuff (Case 70s multitrigger stuff), but not plot stuff?

I'm interested. I finished Worm pretty much when it finished, and have read Ward up to 2.3 including the in-between-stuff. I used to run a Worm Quest on Space Battles called Her Mother's Daughter, I'm guessing that'd work as a sample of my writing, even though I don't think any mature stuff popped up.

I am very interested as well! I have not read Worm in a while, so my knowledge might be spotty from time to time, but I have no problem regarding spoilers. Also, for the writing sample do we just submit to you anything or will you give us a subject to work with? Also, I have just started Ward, so I have no idea what’s going on there, but as I said, I’m fine with spoilers.

I'm interested. I finished Worm pretty much when it finished, and have read Ward up to 2.3 including the in-between-stuff. I used to run a Worm Quest on Space Battles called Her Mother's Daughter, I'm guessing that'd work as a sample of my writing, even though I don't think any mature stuff popped up.

Looking over it, you should be fine. It’s less that I want people who are capable of writing mature stuff in a high quality manner (although if you can that’s great) and more that I don’t want to have players who do one-liners or write like an edgy 14 year old MySpacer from 2005 to be trying to handle some of the heavy stuff from Worm, that’s way more aggravation than I’m in the mood for. But yeah your CYOA is fine as a writing sample, you’re good to go.

I am very interested as well! I have not read Worm in a while, so my knowledge might be spotty from time to time, but I have no problem regarding spoilers. Also, for the writing sample do we just submit to you anything or will you give us a subject to work with? Also, I have just started Ward, so I have no idea what’s going on there, but as I said, I’m fine with spoilers.

Writing sample can be something you’ve written previously, or you can just write whatever you want from scratch, there’s no prompt. If it’s something previous, just link it in your character application, and if you write something from scratch, it should be one or two paragraphs long, just enough that I get an idea of your style. And this is taking place pre-GM so Ward spoilers shouldn’t really factor in except with setting info.

I’m working on putting together a post for this RP now that I have six takers, I’ll tag everyone interested when the thread comes up.

Crimson Avenger Crimson Avenger want me to make a Discord for the group? I find it helps keep groups posting and fosters good communication. Also, when should we expect stuff to be up by?

Yeah that’s not a bad idea, feel free to make a server. I’m off tomorrow so hopefully I’m gonna have a basic thread up tonight or tomorrow afternoon, depending on how co-operative my computer feels

I've finished Worm and the Glowworm chapters but haven't gotten around to Ward as I prefer to binge rather than wait for weekly updates. I've written a few stories to date but the only Worm-relevant work is this which while mostly a joke does go inter darker places albeit if only for shock value.

I'm definitely interested. I've read all of Worm, Glow-Worm, and Ward, and I'm active around the Cauldron discord and sometimes the IRC. Here's a little chapter I wrote for the Cauldron Cup writing competition.

Officially tagging all interested parties, now that signups are open. I know some of you already know because you’re on the Discord, but I didn’t want to miss anyone so just tagged everyone.

wdinatx wdinatx Davod Davod The J The J Lemon Boy Lemon Boy Esbilon Esbilon CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse AnHero AnHero S StealthRock

Here is the main page, it should link you to every necessary sidepage.

WYRM: Parahumans Colorado [Open World RP]

Also, don’t forget to join the Discord, there’s a bunch of great resources there for character creation and world building.

Factions Currently Available:

The Protectorate ~ (Hero)
The Wards ~ (Hero)
The Unknown ~ (Hero)
Bliss ~ (Villain)
The Exiles ~ (Villain)
Post Scriptum (Rogue)
Solo ~ (Hero)
Solo ~ (Villain)
Solo ~ (Rogue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back