• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Worm/Parahumans Roleplay Interest Check

CrimsonEclipse

The One and Only
Hey giys, CrimsonEclipse here. For a long time now I have been wanting to join a roleplay centered around Worm. For those of you who don't know, Worm is an online novel (not sure what the exact term is but that's what I call it) centered around an Earth where humans have the potential to gain powers. The novel is so much more than that, but I will skip the explanation for now.

Anyway, as I said I wanted to join one, but either one doesn't exist here or I just haven't stumbled upon it yet, so I decided to create one instead. I have a few plots in mind, but I haven't decided on one yet. I'll create a poll once this starts receiving interest and I'm also more than happy to hear if you have any opinions regarding to a plot. Also, as you can see in the tags, I am looking for a co-GM. Depending on whether a co-GM would be present, this rp could either be a regular rp or a hosted project.

That said, my knowledge about the novel is a bit spotty since it's been over a year since I read it, so don't heaitate to correct any mistakes I made. So that's pretty much it. Hope to hear from some of you in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worm, you say? I was once a pretty avid worm reader so count me in!

Question. Is this taking place in pre-locker or after Taylor kills Scion? 

It will take place 20 years since Khepri (Taylor's final form) defeated Scion. I chose it to be 20 years since the end of the novel since it allows for newer heroes and villains to take their place but still allowing possible cameos from the original cast.

The primary setting will be Earth Bet, the earth where Most of Worm happens. I know that a portion of humans moved to a different earth, but I chose Earth Bet since it's the one we know more. As to which city, I'm deciding between New York or Brockton Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, as I have said, my knowledge about Worm might be rusty so don't hesitate to correct me, though please do so in a polite and considerate manner. If you spot any spelling mistakes, it is due to me using a small touch screen phone while having big fingers, so yeah.

BUMP

You don't really need any prior knowledge to the novel, though it would be appreciated.

More info on the rp. The Earth the rp is set in is one where people having superpowers is commonplace. Though the method to acquire such powers is quite severe. One would have to go through a Trigger Event. A Trigger Event is an event that pushes your fight or flight intincts to its utmost limit and is usually a traumatic event. 

Not all Trigger Events are the same, some are more traumatic than others. While one parahuman moght have experienced being nearly raped to achieve a Trigger Event, another might have had received a failing grade and had their perfect grade record tarnished. It differs from person to person, but second generation capes tend to require milder Trigger Events to get their powers.

More info is on the way. Hopefully some people would be interested in this rp. Anyways, I hope to hear from some of you later.

Eh, fuck it. Might as well explain the plot to everyone.

In Worm, the scenario is based around a group of giant cosmic space whales that have evolved from micro-organic life and have basically become gods. How did they do this? Why, by stealing technology and abilities from other civilizations around the multi-verse and putting each of these individual powers or knowledge into Shards, giant meat-planets in a alternate dimensions that suck off a sun to power themselves. This is in a attempt to stave off Heat Death and so forth. Oh, they also kill these civlizations in the process by trying to extract energy. 

Two of these space whales formed a sort-of romantic relationship as close as could be for a space whale and flew to their next destiantion: Earth-Bet. However, the first of these space-females, we'll call her Eden now, planned a large-basis plan using ap ower that creates a 10,000 year model of the future. The problem? She didn't account for how she was going to land safely. She went kablooie and her 10,000 year plan shard spread to a girl who would become the woman who could eventually figure out the problem to anything. After realising that Eden was a genocidal space-whale, the girl, Contessa, shanked Eden with a butterknife she had in her hand.  Her space-whale mate, we'll call him Scion, went depressed after the death of his mate and was influenced by a hobo in England to become a superhero. Soon after, he starts spreading shards everywhere and thus, began the age of superheroes on Earth-Bet.

Not soon after, everyone was a cape, especially in locations where there was major conflict and suffering. Africa became a giant, mixing pot of crime. China became a dictatorship. And AMerica became the fronteir of heroism. Soon, parahuman villians and heroes started shaking it up. Then, giant kaiju creatures called Endbringers came into the equaiton and started fucking shit up. They killed hundreds of these parahumans and were basically nigh-unstoppable. 

Fast-forward a couple of years later, the protagonist of our story is Taylor Hebert, a bullied 15 year old girl, who after a traumatic incident involving lockers and tampons, gained the ability to control insects. She becomes a superhero and defeats a hulk-expy who can transform into a dragon. After a series of events and escalation, she becomes a villian. Then, she reforms into a superhero. Then, after 5 years of god knows what, Scion, the space whale, goes bug-fuckering insane and decides that he likes killing people over saving them. Taylor unlocks the potential of her powers for good-ol' mind control abilities and makes everyoen cooperate together to defeat the space whale. Contessa then shoots Taylor in the noggin, ending her horrifying existence.

Whoo. Might have skipped some parts there but that's the gist of it. 

Thank you so much for that explanation. Even I had no idea to that first part, except for the relationship between Scion and the one Cauldron has since it was a major plot point. So are you going to join the rp?

Thank you so much for that explanation. Even I had no idea to that first part, except for the relationship between Scion and the one Cauldron has since it was a major plot point. So are you going to join the rp?

Eh. This seems more geared towards a OnexOne. I have seen glimpses of forum-goers on here who know Worm. I saw a guy with a Clockblocker Fanart for his avatar. 

Eh. This seems more geared towards a OnexOne. I have seen glimpses of forum-goers on here who know Worm. I saw a guy with a Clockblocker Fanart for his avatar. 

Well, while I am planning for it to be on a smaller scale than some rp with only anout 6 persons and only featuring on side (either as heroes or villains), I am willing to expand it if I get a co-gm. Though I am curious why you think that.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back