[World of Roslan] Forest of Einsmere

ehmygirl

Five Thousand Club
Rghia'anth'arghu

Locations: Forest of Einsmere

The others followed and she could hear the girlish talk between the two dragons as well as the fatigued marching of the others. The unicorns from the forest continued to call at her and she continued to echo back. She walked slowly for the others were too weary to walk quickly. She called out again and an angry response echoed from the forest. She sighed, glanced at the wolf who kept pace with her and rolled her eyes. She bugled an answer, waited for a response. It came in the form of ten of her own kind who came running from the forest itself.

Rghia'anth'arghu inclined her head. :Sire, the Outcasts as I have told you. Upon my back is the young vixen who shall ascend their throne and within her grows a child created by her and her mate, this here wolf.: She inclined her head at Denom.

:So I see, come, the world is not safe. The Black Dragon is here in body, though his spirit is not.:

:His spirit remains in the world we have left behind then but I do not believe, even with the protections I have placed upon it, that it will hold him out for long.:

:No, it shall not. I see you have managed to find the hatchling Krodia.:

:In truth Sire, it was the small Water fledgling. We also have Neren'Talon'Hao as one of our number though he is off scouting, performing his own tasks.:

The elder bugled a command and the other nine lowered themselves to the ground. :We are not safe, you are all invited to mount up, we shall speed you from here to a place of safety so that you might rest and regain your strength. Just hold on gently, none ever born on the back of a unicorn has ever fallen off.: She turned to the ancient male. :By your leave Sire.:

:So let it be done.:

Taris

Taris heard voices, but again ignored the noises. She was trying to find something in her dreams, her memories. There's something Father showed me that i must remember.... It was so important though i don't recall exactly what it was.... She continued to search her memories in her dream, trying to find the important one.

Denom

Denom nodded to unicorns, still holding his prey. He wasn't sure about riding a unicorn, it made him a little uneasy. He tied the prey onto his back and slowly climbed onto one the unicorn's back. Okay.... I can do this.... He always had problems with horse like creatures.

Mashi

Mashi led Krodia to one of the unicorns with a smile. Krodia looked to her, "I can't ride.... Can you ride with me....?" She thought and asked the unicorn before them, "Can you carry us two...?" She smiled down to Krodia reassuringly.

Havior

Havior grabbed his bag and sat down lightly on one of the unicorns. He set his bag on his lap and smiled, Fantastic... I never rode such a creature! What a delightful treat! He smiled to the unicorn he was on, "You all carry such beauty and speed. I am honored to ride on of your kind....But let us travel... The young queen is a patient and i would like her to be able to rest fully in safety... If she was to have the child early, we might have an issue...." Though the child was 3-4 months away, sometimes they could come early than expected and he did not want that upon them.

Lex, still mostly silent, followed through group through the forest. Everything here was so beautiful and somehow breathtaking.

He stopped when they did and looked at all the other unicorns. They were going to ride them?

"Oh wow," he gaped, "So.. So how do I do this..? If.... If no one minds my asking I mean?"

Rghia'anth'arghu

She and the other unicorns looked at the leopard cub and chuckled with obvious delight. :It's simple young one, just sit, place your legs either side of her belly and sit.: She nodded at her sire. :I believe that we are ready to depart. Neren'Talon'Hao should be able to find us on his own methinks.:

:Indeed, he's a very smart and capable fledgling. Are all of these foals Daughter?:

:Mostly Sire, the gryphon is a fledgling but yes, most are foals.:

:You were wise, then, indeed, to call upon us. If the Rangorn should attack they will be unable to outrun them.:

:Rangorn Sire?:

:A creature of the Darkness, evil, vile creatures and they have taken many lives. But they are subject to the land for they cannot fly, nor swim. And they fear the Dryads.:

:And for good reason. Come, let us depart.:

Mashi

Mashi held Krodia as the unicorn stood up. The little girl laughed, "This is going to be fun!" She smiled down to Krodia, but also felt a sting of sadness. Though she enjoyed Krodia's company, it reminded her that she had no mate and no family of her own. But i can raise Krodia as my own.... Though we may be different, i can learn her ways.... She smiled at the thought as the unicorns started off into the forest.

Denom

Denom was unsure about riding a unicorn. He took deep breathes to remain calm and held the unicorn's mane lightly. I can do this.... Even though i don't like riding, i can get over my fear.... As a wolf, he hated horse-like creatures. They would try to stomp on him and as a human, they would throw him off. "All set here...", he grumbled

Taris

Taris began to wake up now and noticed the other unicorns. She looked at them in amazement and smiled. Such beauty.... Havior walked up to her, "Glad to see you awake... How are you feeling...?" She smiled, "Fine now.... Just really hungry and still a little tired...." She noticed they started to leave the area. She whispered to Rghia'anth'arghu, "Where are we going.....?" She was hoping to see the palace, now remembering the thing she was to find.

Havior

Havior noticed the queen waking up and approached her, "Glad to see you awake... how are you feeling?" She smiled to him, "Fine now... just hungry and still a little tired..." He nodded his head and looked to the unicorn Rghia'anth'arghu called sire, "Excuse me noble and ancient one...But may we depart now...?" He smiled to the unicorn and looked at Taris. He still worried for the child.

Lex smiled in response to his question and stepped over to one of the beautiful unicorns.

He rested a hand on one of the unicorns, gazing at it in awe as his hand felt it's all too soft feeling fur. This creature was so majestic it was almost unreal.

It was unreal, of course, because it wasn't an animal seen ever in the world of humans. Lex didn't even know there were others besides Rghia'anth'arghu at all. Showed how much he really knew.

Obeying what she told him, he climbed up and swung a leg over so he was neatly in position and holding on tight.

"I'm ready," he said to the others, "Whenever you all are."

Taris

As they began moving, Taris looked to the unicorn referred as Sire, "Excuse me.... But what all has happened since when left? Is the old palace still in tack?" Taris really hope so, I really need to find that object.... Taris looked around as the forest got thicker. Strange.... Seeing a forest when all was thought to be destroyed and lifeless..... She smiled though, it was good that Roslan had life.

Neren'Talen'Hao

Tobias Steele no longer

Neren'Talen'Hao gracefully glided over the gently undulating forest canopy. Beneath it, he knew life continued. But the questions still gnawed at the back of his mind, The Darkness was rolling across the land like an unstoppable tide, it apparently consumed all it touched, twisting the animal-folk it encountered and driving them to madness. Where was it now? Where were the other animal-folk? Those who had not managed to flee through the Portal? The questions were worrying, the implications potentially devastating. He had hoped that it would be of aid to the other refugees, thus he had brought it with him.

He arrived back at the Portal clearing and was instantly aware that it had been vacated. It was fortunate, perhaps that none of the others had thought to conceal their route of departure. He landed and, carrying
it with one massive claw, followed the trail. He frowned when he finally found the location where they had met with the Unicorns. He could instantly see that they had taken off at a swift rate. He searched his memories, peeling back the layers of knowledge he'd attained through his long journeys through Roslan. Where might the First King of Roslan have taken the other refugees? And then, with a bark of laughter, the answer was obvious. He beat his immense wings and pushed a way through the forest canopy and flew toward his destination.

Rghia'anth'arghu

They moved with the speed and agility that only a herd of unicorns could possess. Rghia'anth'arghu kept pace with her sire, her long, strong legs in perfect rhythm to the elder's. :We go, young vixen, to the Ruins of Cardesmere, home to the Ancient Kings of old in a time when the Immortals ruled all of creation, and a time when even your kind was still in its infancy. We go to the birth of civilization itself, a place that has long since been forgotten in the ravages of time by all save those of us who remember it.:

They didn't stop in their seemingly mad gallop through the forest even as they swam through streams and rivers, bounded over the fallen redwood giants, climbed steep hills and descended into valleys. They ran at full speed for hours, never stopping, never slowing. Their footfalls were in a perfect unison of four counts until, when the sun began to descend over the west, they arrived at the ruins themselves. What had once been a forgotten place teemed with the life of those who had never made it through the Portal. Mortals and Immortals, dragonkin and alike had settled in the valley and beyond. The unicorns brought their charges to the front of the growing mob and lowered themselves so their passengers could dismount. Once they were once more riderless they followed Haram'Dar the Elder and Rghia'anth'arghu, who still had the queen still upon her back, to the front steps of the ancient castle.

:Take note young vixen,: Rghia'anth'arghu said quietly to her charge, :but it appears as if your people are in need of a leader.: She continued to follow her father as he lead them to the front of the Ruins themselves. He bellowed a challenging call to those assemebled and anyone in the area could feel the power behind it. He was the eldest of them all, the first of their kind, the first ruler of all Roslan, and, so the legends say, the last.

He looked at the young vixen then at his daughter. :People of Roslan!: His voice echoed in every ear and those of good heart heard his words. :People of Roslan, it has been some time since the Darkness came upon this world, when the king you held dear was lost and so too his daughter, and only heir. For years you have worried, fretted and despaired of the return of the one to lead you through these times. People of Roslan, I present to you your queen! Queen Taris of Roslan! Let all of Roslan cheer for the safe return of their queen!:

A vast, roaring cheer erupted from the mortals as they hailed greetings to the queen. Only the unicorns, who have never given an oath of fealty to any mortal king or queen, remained quiet. It was not in the nature of the Immortals to cheer for the return of something they considered fleeting anyway.

:I hope you have a speech somewhere inside of you young queen, your people have missed you.:

Taris

Taris was surprised to see such a crowd and heard the cheering. Did they wait all this time hoping i would come back....? She remain on Rghia'anth'arghu and her mentioning a speech. I'm terrible at speeches.... She paused and then raised her hands, quieting the crowd. "People of Roslan... It is good to be home again and see survivors.... The end of Darkness is near and i hope to rule Roslan well... I want announce that i am with child so that you know the future is bright again... I'm sorry that you had to wait so long, but I have returned... May Roslan live in peace and free of Darkness!" She smiled as they cheered. Glad that went well.... She waved to them again and whispered to Rghia'anth'arghu, "If possible i would like to go inside the castle... Maybe i'll find what i'm looking for...."

Rghia'anth'arghu

:The castle is very much in ruins but yes, you can go inside and see if there is something you can use. Tomorrow, I hope you realize, you will need to go amongst them and get to know them. Father will send out hunters and scavengers so no one will have to fend for themselves this evening but tomorrow the Council of Elders will most likely keep you up to date on what's been going on in the world since the ascendency of the Darkness.: Rghia'anth'arghu gingerly stepped over rubble and entered the inner halls of what was once the council chambers.

The castle itself had once been a single tower that sat upon a raised hill that overlooked much of the world. There was evidence of a staircase that had gone from the basements to the parapets that was now all but dissolved and forgotten. She remembered the castle of her youth and though it had been built for humans and the Kin, her own kind had never found peace within walls. There had been five levels to the castle, the first floor had been the vast kitchens and accounting house that saw the intake of all the goods and then sent it out to where they belonged. The second and third floors had been for living spaces for the nobles and their families while the fourth floor had been the main audience chamber. The sixth and seventh housed the servants and the fighters only to be topped by the parapets themselves.

But that had been many eons ago and, in those years, the valley had risen up around the castle and the young forest had grown up and flourished. The castle itself bore recent evidence that it had been taken back from the expansive forest, there was even evidence that some of the Kin had even tried to rebuild their ancestors' once great castle.

071005_castle_hughes_2p.grid-6x2.jpg

Neren'Talen'Hao

He could hear the cheering even from the distance he was at and at first wondered if it was battlecries. He swept in low and fast, his wingbeats silent and his eyes burning redly in the lowering light of the sun. As he passed over the outer districts of Cardesmere, his mouth creased at the fond memories that sprang to mind. Walking through the grassy streets, talking with the Most Ancient, reading the ancient scrolls of lore held in the deepest libraries beneath the castle proper. It would be good to experience the hospitality of the Unicorns once more.

He weaved between tumbled towers and across over-grown rooftop gardens. Then, he saw the square before the palace, thronging with people. Survivors! He let out a bellow of joy and set down on the edge of the square, putting down the steel wagon he'd carried all the way from the ruins that had been his forge. He changed into his half-dragon form and strode forward, hauling the wagon behind him, his lips twisted in an expression of relieved happiness.

Denom

Denom watched Taris address the people and flinched on the inside. He still felt awkward about being a royal by marriage. But he smiled happily, Its not bad... Yes i'm use to being average life, but i should be happy.... We will have a child and my wife will save us all from the darkness.... He watched her and Rghia'anth'arghu go into the ruins. He sat on the steps, waiting for her to return.

Mashi

Mashi noticed Neren'Talen'Hao and ran to him with Krodia behind her, "Brother! Isn't it wonderful!" She gestured to the dragons of different elements and smiled to him happily, "We're not alone brother...." She noticed the wagon, "What is that brother Neren'Talen'Hao?" Krodia was standing beside Mashi, smiling and looking at the other dragons. Krodia never knew there were others.

Rgia'anth'arghu

Once she set the Taris on her own feet she returned to the front of the dilapidated castle at the call of a dragon. She looked up to see the large form of Neren'Talon'Hao descending from the skies carrying a steel wagon in his giant claws. She stood next to her father even as the young blue ran up to the larger dragon with the hatchling beside her.

:We are lucky, Sire, to have one such as he on our side. The older he gets the stronger he becomes and he shall, methinks, become one of the largest of his kind in the next few thousand years.:

:Indeed Daughter, indeed.:

Taris

Taris looked at the castle, feeling the walls. Her eyes started to tear from memories and she missed her parents. She cried a little and then continued to look around. She hoped the thing she was searching for was among the ruins. She headed to where the treasures would have been stored. She remembered the wall her father showed her and pushed on a stone. A small hole opened into the wall and she pulled out a box. She opened it and smiled, Its all still here..... She pulled out her original crown and a small pole. She put on the crown and then held the pole high, "Aquis!" Awaken! The pole stretched out into a rod with a multicolored stone at the top. The elemental.... Every ruler was given it because it had powers over the elements.... Made from the elfs and dragons... She smiled at it, You use to be my mother's because father didn't care for you.... Considering he was a pure demon spirit... She walked out of the room and back to the others. She smiled to Denom, the crown and rod's gem shining in the sun. "I found what i was looking for...."

Denom

Denom stared in awe as he saw Taris with the crown and rod, She really does look like a queen.... He smiled to her, "I'm glad you found what you are looking for..." His thoughts started to fill his mind and he dazed out for a moment.

Mashi

Mashi was so happy to see the other dragons. Not waiting for the steel dragon's response, she walked among the other dragons. Krodia had wandered over to other earth dragons, sniffed and approaching them slowly. Mashi kept walking til she bumped into something. She noticed it was a water dragon, only a few years older. Her face blushed, still in her half form. "Oh... Im sorry..." The older dragon looked at her and laughed, "Tis alright.... Say... You smell like me.... Are you a water dragon as well?" Mashi's face got redder, "Yes... I am...." She smiled to him and looked over to Tobias. Even though she had grown fond of him, she knew they would never be. Sigh... At least its more comforting with one of my one....

Havior

Havior smiled as he saw the survivors, Amazing! So many had survived!!! Maybe some need doctoring... He began walking, checking anyone. Those that needed assistance, he set up an area for patients. Good thing i took all that stuff from the hospital when i did.... He began to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back