• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

World of Darkness

Darkfeather21

A Real F*cking Vampire
The last game I attempted to host ended up dying due to extenuating circumstances in the real world. So, I want to try again, though perhaps with a  different system.

Anyone interested in this system?

Actually, better plan. I haven't had a good WoD game in fuckin' forever. Anyone interested in that instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, cool.  I don't know it, but I'd be willing to learn.  A Modern Fantasy dice-based game would be awesome.

I don't really have experience with table-top style roleplays, but they're something I've been wanting to get into.  

I've also been binge reading lore books (although pretty exclusively the CtL ones) and it WoD seems interesting.  

Problem is I'm going to be really busy these upcoming weeks with school, and it probably won't even out until the end of October.  

Well, I was thinking more for the... slightly-more-than-mortal groups. But I'm flexible.

The one requirement I do have is that we'll be using the New World of Darkness. I prefer the smaller scale, honestly. Never really been one for large, world-shattering adventures.

At least, not till very late in games.

Sounds good. I'm up for it if we're not more than like 9 people and at least manage 2 times a week? Discord maybe?

Sounds good. I'm up for it if we're not more than like 9 people and at least manage 2 times a week? Discord maybe?

No dice. Real life is too hectic right now for me to really set a steady meeting point.

Besides, I prefer doing Post-by-Post. Usually causes things to lean more towards the RP side of things than the "Roll a die to stand up" side of things.

Hmmm ... fine. But even if it's not too regular from the POV of some users then don't we all have to roll for 'initiative'? Won't that cause an issue each new round? 

Hmmm ... fine. But even if it's not too regular from the POV of some users then don't we all have to roll for 'initiative'? Won't that cause an issue each new round? 

Lemme lay down how I roll things when gaming online (and partially IRL).

Players act together first, except in the case where the opponents get the drop on the Players, then I post for the opponents once every Player has posted at least once. Repeat until situation is resolved.

That's only for combat, though, and as a Storyteller I usually tend to avoid combat. I only wish I could say the same for all my usual Players.

Well I've played table top casually and I know the general rules. When you do setup a basic guide for referral is all I'l need. We'll also roll for char traits I assume? Is there a site with global dice roll that we can all witness(at least player and gm) or honor system? 

I realise that for later in the game self rolls will have to be done for logistics stake but surely char creation needs to be overseen stat-wise?

I'm willing to go with any of the game sets.  Whatever y'all pick I'll be creating a character from scraps anyway. 

Well I've played table top casually and I know the general rules. When you do setup a basic guide for referral is all I'l need. We'll also roll for char traits I assume? Is there a site with global dice roll that we can all witness(at least player and gm) or honor system? 

I realise that for later in the game self rolls will have to be done for logistics stake but surely char creation needs to be overseen stat-wise?

Well, unless they it changed during the big update a month back (dunno, haven't been on since after that), there should be dice-rollers on here. Otherwise, I know a few places.

That being said, there is actually very little, if any, dice rolling in most character creation for WoD characters.

Also, while I'm here, something has been brought to my attention that I had forgotten regarding the NWoD. If y'all want to go for vampires, we're gonna have to go OWoD. I'd forgotten how much I actually disliked many of the changes to the Kindred in the NWoD.

I can give you a yes or no once I get to see the game pitch :D

Same.  Once again, I'm not familiar with WoD

Well, that's gonna be a bit difficult. I can't put together a story until I know what we'll be playing as.

Hang on...

Choices include: vampires, werewolves, mages, prometheans (created people), changelings, mummies, hunters, demons, and beasts (humans with the soul of a monster).

Well, Hunters sound fun.  Gotta love them demon-slaying badasses.  I'd be willing to roll that, once I figure out character creation.  I'll have more time to work on this over the weekend, so I'll learn more about this.

Well, idk how much my vote should count.  I know literally nothing about WoD, I'm just going off of their names.  Beasts and demons sound cool too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back