• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings World building fantasy or scifi, or combat against one another?

Important Nobody

Unlucky Member
For world building I'm up for all manner of worlds but usually like it to have magical or scifi elements to them. If you have an idea of your own that's fine but I have my own ideas I'm wanting to expand upon as well, so we can discuss on what we'd like to do or go hog wild and work on multiple different settings at once.

My largest project I have is a scifi setting. I come up with all these random thoughts about it, such as what fast food places would be popular for various aliens, what pets would they have, what's the story of this random ship that participated in that one random battle. Basically, I love procrastinating on the main plot and simply come up with a plethora of fun ideas in the background. Geeking out and saying what alien race would defeat who in a hypothetical battle in fun debates. Coming up with a fake language. Maybe procrastinate so much we never get into an actual roleplay, but who knows!

For combat it's similar it's also fun for me coming up with characters and envisioning how they would fight against some other character of mine...or one of yours! Or maybe not characters, but we could roleplay battles from our world building scenarios such as me playing as a crew of red shirts getting attacked by some bizarre monster.

If any of this sounds interesting than let me know and we can flesh out more details.

Hey! I'd very much be interested in building a world with you, if you're still looking. I'm more familiar with building a fantasy world, but I'd love to try building a scifi setting and come up with different gadgets, planets, alien races, etc.

Hey! I'd very much be interested in building a world with you, if you're still looking. I'm more familiar with building a fantasy world, but I'd love to try building a scifi setting and come up with different gadgets, planets, alien races, etc.

I'm in the process of rebooting my sci-fi setting so if you'd love to try, now is a good time. It has fantasy elements with it's own magic system I came up with where when you cast magic you are doing magical glowing rune type things similar to constellations. I felt like having constellations involved in magic for a sci-fi sounds fitting. In any case there could be worlds that have medieval technology and magic, blissfully unaware of the sci-fi setting they're in. lol So there's something for everyone.

For alien races I'm allowing humanoid ones with minor cosmetic differences (see Star Trek for example) but it would also be cool if we could make a lot of nonhumanoid ones as well so it's more believable not every alien is humanoid. I do have some pretty good hand waves for various sci-fi stuff and am developing something to explain humanoid aliens as well. I'll let you know more info and stuff once I unlock PMs at 10 posts or we can use some sort of chatroom to discuss stuff.

I’m am super interested in building a sci fi world. Although I would like to ask where you do your building at? As I prefer to use google docs or discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back