• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wolf-song- (closed)

Rhode130

I am the brightside ;)
In the kingdom of Locklorne the land is overun with dark magic and wicked songs. Creatures haunt the night and humans ravage the day. The King has a daughter, a young woman who can ensure the future of her people.

In the midst of a ball staged so she may choose a husband, or so a husband may choose her, the princess is no where in sight. Instead she has run off again, her dark form melding into the shadow of the forest. 
Ravina hums softly as she wonders in the large garden surrounding her tower, the black, red and violet flowers shine under the moon light. Not far away, the ball room, a party is raging. She is the guest of honor, yet she stands here, watching the people from a distance. Gripping her parasole Ravina bites her lip and slips from the garden and out of sight.

With practiced skill she makes her way out of the castle grounds, and once free she slides her shoes off, hikes up the gauzy length of her dark dress and runs, she is fast and she feels joy at the feeling of running across the darkened field that lies between the kingdom and the forest. When she reaches the forest edge she does not slow, she keeps running straight in, her pale hair flaring out behind her. She has no fear of this forest.

Fenris saw the girl enter the forest, running towards it as though they are long lost friends. "She might be trouble." He muttered to himself, observing her. Not wanting to scare or hurt the girl, Fenris quietly followed her, staying out of earshot and field of vision. He observe the girl. He can't really see much of her face because it was covered in a mask, only her eyes are clear. "What is it with humans and masks." He thought to himself, seeing that humans prefers to wear something over their faces. "Must be ashamed of their crimes." He said, continuing to follow the girl deeper into the woods. @Rhode130

Last edited by a moderator:
She runs, never stopping even when throns prick her feet and a trail of red is left in her wake. She only slows when she reaches a small clearing that holds a tall, ashy white willow tree, a sea of pale blue flowers wave in the wind as she wades through them, her long dress flowing in gossmer ripples. Ravina comes to a stop before the willow tree and slides to her knees, her mask is torn from her face, revealing skin a pale as the moon and a face just a lovely. Tears spill from her bright eyes and she speaks to the tree like an old friend.

"I don't want to marry...I don't want to be a princess like in the fairytales..."her voice is soft and gentle as she speaks.

He can't help but feel sorry for her. He did not quite catch what she was saying, but he could see that she's sad. He went closer, hoping to hear her better, and to see her more clearly. Fenris felt like he's mesmerized by her, even though he have just seen her. Almost as if in a trance, he wet closer, throwing caution to the wind. He accidentally snapped a branch, the sound is heard all over the silent forest. Fenris stiffened, his eyes directly staring at the girl.

Ravina is startled by the sound of the snapping branch. She does not know what is behind her, but she shows no fear as she looks over her shoulder, her pale hair shimmering. She takes a moment to take in her new companion, he is large and fearsome, yet she has no fear. She is more afraid of the men prancing around in the ball room at the very moment than the large wold like creature before her.

"If you kill me, will you make it fast? If you eat me, will you start at my head? " She asks the questions seriously, she is not afraid to die, but she does fear pain.

Fenris looks at her, his face shows that he's completely bewildered and confused. He had expected all kinds of reactions, from fear to anger, even sadness, but he did not expect this. What she said next confused him even more. It seems like she herself wants to die, like she's welcoming death itself.

"Don't worry." He said, slowly approaching her. "I bear no ill will against you, I am merely...curious as to why you are here." He said, his voice deep but pleasant. "I won't hurt you."

Ravina nods slowly and turns back to the large tree, the long thin branches brushing her shoulders now and then. She trusts him, beyond all reason she knows he has no reason to lie to her. She stays quiet and folds her hands in her lap.

"My mother brought me here when I was a babe. She would tell me how the willow tree would take away all sorrow. I haven't been here since she died.'

He went to sit beside her, respectfully maintaining his distance. He's really admiring her fearlessness, and something else, something he can't describe. He listened to her story, a sad but beautiful one. He nods at her, knowing the story.

"She's right. The willow tree will take your sorrows away, but sometimes not in the way you think they will." He said, looking at her. "Why were you crying?" He ask, gently brushing away a tear drop that is on her cheek.

(Hey, I need to sleep now. It's midnight here, night!)

Hello)

She does not react to the touch and instead looks down at her hands. "I have been told that I must marry to save my kingdom. A princess can do nothing greater for her kingdom but marry for it's well-being. " The words are bitter but her voice is devoid of emotion.

She wants nothing more than to rise once more and keep running, past the willow tree, past the lands boarders. She wants to run until the hard ground turns into water, she wants to run until she drowns in the sea. Instead here she sits, before a tree that cannot speak and a wolf who can.

He looks really bewildered, hearing her story. What is it with humans? Why do they want to impose their superiority to others, even to their own kind?! Such things would not happen in the wild. In here, everyone is free, no one tells them what to do, they do whatever they need to survive. And it is the humans who calls them primitive. "I'd rather be primitive than oppressive." He thought to himself.

He truly feels sorry for this lady. She must not be subjected to this fate. No one must tell her what to do and what not to do. Then, an idea began to appear in his mind. "If you'd like, you can stay here. The forest is open to those who wants to be free, to flee from those who wishes to oppress them." He said, wanting to help her.

She smiles a soft smile, the look in her eyes dreamy, "If only I could. My father would search for me, high and low, there is no place I could ever hide from him. He is the one who deems me the only way to save his kingdom, if he wants me he will burn this forest to ground with witch's fire to get me. " she tells no lies, her father can be a harsh man when his will is opposed. This forest is her only friend and should she be the reason for damage caused to it she would die of guilt.

"I could not stay here."

As foolish as it may seem, Fenris is seething with anger. Why would a man go that far just to have a woman?! And what, all for the sake of their kingdom? "Humans are so hard to understand." He thought to himself because, try as he might, he could not grasp the concept of why they do such horrible things.

"Why does he need you so much anyway?" He ask, wanting to know the reason. "How can you, by marrying someone, manage to save a kingdom? What terrible plague or affliction has affected your kingdom?" He ask, trying to see if maybe the father had a reason to do such horrible things, but he did not set his expectations high.

"Our crops are failing, our supply of money and funds has grown small. We cannot afford to create more homes for the villagers, nor repair the ones that have gone into disrepair. " she sighs and fingers her ornate metal mask, " I understand him, I do. Yet I have a sister who can also marry. One who longs to marry a man be whisked far away from here." she hugs her legs and smiles sadly.

"I...have never been made to be a true princess. I suppose I took that for advantage."

"Why not let her marry instead?" He ask, thinking that that will solve everything. It must be hard for humans, having to depend on this thing they call money. Why not just take what you want and give something in return? Humans really like complicated things. "Right? If she's the one who wants to marry, why not marry her off?" He ask again.

She stays silent for several minutes before finally taking a deep breath, "The man my father favors...the one he really wishes to merge with...demands that I am the one who lays under him. He does not want my sister. The whole ball for the suiters is a joke...I have already been marked for him. " she snorts softly falling backwards into the grass and flowers, "I made the mistake of insulting him once; this is his way of punishing me. I have no doubt my wedding night will be painfilled and horrible"

He sighs, not able to understand humans. All this revenge and punishment. What's its use? He just sees it as a waste of time and resources. He wanted to keep her safe, feeling protective over her. This is the first time he have met her, but he feels as if he had known her forever. The way she moves, the sound of her voice, even her scent, all of it are familiar to him. Come to think of it, he remembered seeing a woman here before, back when he was but a pup, but his memory of that woman is faint, almost nonexistent. But he was sure that it was not a dream. "You can stay here. Don't worry, we will protect you." He said, insisting that she stays.

She looks at him and laughs softly ,"And why would you do that? For someone like me? There is nothing I can do for you, nothign I can give. I'm useless." she is not bitter about that, it is mearly the truth. She has never been taught to sew, cook or clean. Maids do these things for her, she has never had to lift a finger all her life. What worth would she have to a wolf, what good could she bring.

Fenris looks at her, looking like he both agrees and disagrees on what she said. "You're right. I know that I barely even know you, and that you might not even be of any use to me. Keeping you here might even endanger us. But, I don't know, it feels as if my entire being is drawn to you. My instincts are telling me that this is the right thing to do, and I intend to follow it." He said, looking in her eyes.

The princess stares at the creature before her silently for several beats, the wind ruffling her hair and dress every now and then, "You could die if I stay here. He knows where I would run." she wants to be quiet and just accept his help, hide until all the bad things in the world are gone, yet she fears for the safety of these woods.

(I am really sorry, I never got alerted you replied. :( )

"If that is what you wish, so be it." He said, nodding his head. He wanted to keep her safe, but not if she doesn't want to. "I just want to ask this, why do you have a mask? Wouldn't you want people to see you as who you are, rather than the mask?" He ask, still confused why humans wear masks.

I suggested we have a masquerade ball, a ball where people hide who they are." she smiles and plays with her mask, "There is a maid who has hair like mine, she agreed to take place while I snuck away, with a mask no one will know I slipped away."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back