• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Woe to the Conquered (Resistance: Fall of Man inspired RP)

Hextremus

Beyblade Enthusiast
unknown.png

~
The Annexation began on July 7th, 2020. Spires of gleaming white metal punched through the clouds above Tokyo, the largest city on planet Earth. Its destruction marked the beginning of humanity’s extinction at the hands of an extraterrestrial invasion.

The invaders were given the title of the Carrion once Japan fell, the name derived from the rotting and decaying appearance of the flesh on the most commonly seen of their species. Their goal was clear; eradication of all living life on the planet. The reason? Unknown. The Carrion slowly crushed one country after another in a seemingly random pattern, drowning out human resistance with plasma and vicious weaponry. Even the mighty America could not stand against them. As doom approached the remaining countries, their militaries grew desperate. They needed to repel the Carrion at all costs.

The United Kingdom was not one of the first targets of the extraterrestrials, but they sent a large amount of soldiers around the world in attempts to halt them. They failed each time. However, their failures also brought hope. The small amount of soldiers that returned from the wastelands that had once been thriving countries brought back weapons scavenged from the aliens that they had been able to defeat, as well as several bodies.

As the world collapsed around them, the British military began desperate experimentation on the Carrion weapons and corpses. Forgoing ethics to preserve humanity, a group of young new recruits were injected with a small amount of Carrion blood, granting them superhuman strength, agility, and stamina. They were given rapid but rigorous training to prepare them as humanity’s last chance for survival, equipped with incredibly powerful weapons reverse engineered from Carrion armaments.

They became known as Vultures, those that feast on Carrion.

On July 20th, 2020, the Carrion launched an invasion of the United Kingdom. Almost half of the country fell in less than two days. The Carrion constructed large towers in place of the towns and cities they decimated, as they had in all other countries they had conquered, building at a pace that far exceeded anything that man was capable of. As the Carrion approached, the Vultures were mobilised. With the majority of the military fighting to repel the Carrion, the Vultures were given command of a force of a hundred soldiers to storm and destroy a Carrion tower.

It was dubbed Operation Freedom.

pilgrim_ pilgrim_

I plan to extend upon pretty much everything in a Lore thread and/or Discord OOC server if this does well, but the basic setup is that our characters will be members of the Vultures leading Operation Freedom. The whole supersoldier gig isn't anything special, your standard enhanced strength and stamina, but the focus is on the weapons. To give an idea on what sort of weapons are allowed, the inspiration for the weapons came from RWBY. Weapons with multiple forms, impossible functions, that sort of thing. Just not oversized. It may be kinda hypocritical, but scythes twice as large as the wielder and all that junk is pushing it to me. I'll expand on all this more if this does well, as I said.

The mechanics aren't anything special. If you've been in any old roleplay here, you'll know what to expect. I don't really know how else to describe it. I'll guide the plot along, as is my duty. Paragraphs, good English, third person, all that. Really quite standard. If I completely misinterpreted what you meant by mechanics, my bad. It's 4:30 am here and I can barely see straight.

Hextremus Hextremus
Ah, sorry for being a bit vague- but at least I know to watch RWBY for research purposes now. I was just curious whether this was going to be squad-focused or more individual, but I'll probably enjoy it either way given what you've planned so far.
Thanks for the reply anyway my man.

pilgrim_ pilgrim_

It's all good, I'm just dead right now. And a bit of advice; only watch RWBY for research purposes. It's not a good show. At all. I wouldn't even count it as a show, but it does have unique weapons. Watch Red vs Blue for entertainment instead, that's a much better Rooster Teeth show.
Okay I'm going to die now.

Okay that puts us at five people, that should be enough to start. If anyone else joins after, the more the merrier. I'll get working on Lore and CS threads and a Discord server for OOC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back