• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Witch's rain

Swire

The Ace of Spades, in a Uno deck
This is a world where magic is used from a few select sources: Artifacts (enchanted swords, armors, staffs, etc), Spirits (Channeling of spirits, gods, demons, etc.), Alchemy (Potions, holy water, etc.), and Runes (pentagrams, spell cards, paper talismans, etc). Runes are rarer than the other three.

Over a century ago, a woman known only as "The Witch," discovered a new way to create magic, through the mana in every living object, including herself. She stripped the world of life, turning it into a wasteland, all to power herself. With this destruction, seven powerful heroes came together to destroy her. Upon her death, her corpse let out boundless amounts of magic, covering everything in death. As a black fog and corrupt rain slowly engulfed everything, demonic creatures and hellish monsters came into existence. The corrupt rain only aided in sucking away the mana and life of living creatures.

Pushed back to a small corner of the once expansive world, all that was left of humanity, led by the seven heroes, built a grand city, erected towering walls, and summon a massive barrier to protect all that was left of the world. This city came to be known as Avarice, the irony of both the Witch and the Seven Heroes.

The seven heroes created the Council, along with 9 other powerful and influential people, to govern Avarice. Over time, factions within the city formed from all the different magic types and cultures in the city. The council decided to let these factions foster and war amongst one another, by giving them tasks and rewards. The ultimate task was to recover the witch's body and to end the evil in the rain and the earth. After a century has passed, only two of the original seven heroes remain, and only three influential factions compete still.

This is where the RP starts. The three factions can easily be identified by the primary source of magic they use, Artifact, Spirit, and Alchemy. These three factions also have a prominent culture in them. They aren't limited to these cultures and magic types, but they represent the greater majority of it's members. Leaders of factions can design their faction rules how they want. EX: second in command and so forth. Each in game week there will be 3 tasks, completing them will give you either reputation, runes, or a random item. Reputation lets you get rewards later, ruins let you have more defense type spells and such, and random item is a secret until you complete it. There are only 3 faction leaders, one for each faction, everyone else is part of a faction and roleplays as you would imagine a fantasy roleplay would go. Events and such will happen but I would like to not make a post too long. If you would like me to elaborate on a specific subject please ask. If you would like to join say so, I will start when there’s at least 9-12(3-4 in each faction) people, though more can join after. We must have a leader for each faction. If need be I can take one faction but I would prefer to only be an outside force making the events

This RP has been created go there for anything else: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested. I'm not sure if I want to become a faction leader, but I'll let you know if I make up my mind.

I'm interested, although a little confused in what the actual roles of faction leaders. Do they even have a prominent role, or are they just more powerful than the other members? Also, are multiple charactes allowed? Being a faction leader for artifacts sounds awesome, nevertheless ^-^

I'm interested, although a little confused in what the actual roles of faction leaders. Do they even have a prominent role, or are they just more powerful than the other members? Also, are multiple charactes allowed? Being a faction leader for artifacts sounds awesome, nevertheless ^-^

Yes they do, so the leaders can do multiple things. They can shape the faction as they please, so you will have a thread where you can create your factions system. Maybe everyone has the same rank, maybe there's a second and third in command or maybe its based on how long you've been part of the faction. Completely up to you. The other thing is that the leaders are given orders/quests from the council. The leaders can control their faction and tell them to complete the quest(And how they should go about completing it) or decide not to do certain quests. They will be important as far as the story later, for the beginning of the RP it's more about the power struggle between the factions and trying to sabotage the others as much as you can. And multiple characters are allowed but there will probably be a limit at 3-4. And I'm glad your interested :)  

Interested!!

Could I play a young boy who finds an old book of runes and tries to figure out magic on his own? 

Interested!!

Could I play a young boy who finds an old book of runes and tries to figure out magic on his own? 

Thx for the I interest!

So to answer your question I realized I didn't explain that much about runes. Runes magic isn't its own faction because everyone can use them, and every faction does use them. There also hard to get because the capital has almost a monopoly on them.(hence the quest that gives you ruins) also I don't want too many people making characters that aren't in a faction because that's the main part of the story. So the answer isn't no, more like a "I will think about it." I hope that's ok.

Thx for the I interest!

So to answer your question I realized I didn't explain that much about runes. Runes magic isn't its own faction because everyone can use them, and every faction does use them. There also hard to get because the capital has almost a monopoly on them.(hence the quest that gives you ruins) also I don't want too many people making characters that aren't in a faction because that's the main part of the story. So the answer isn't no, more like a "I will think about it." I hope that's ok.

Of course! It's your roleplay :P

My backup is: An old master of the Artifact Faction 

Of course! It's your roleplay :P

My backup is: An old master of the Artifact Faction 

So would that be a Faction Leader? If not I was thinking if faction leaders could arrange their faction in their own way, we could have it so a Faction has a leader and an Elder. Just a thought~

So would that be a Faction Leader? If not I was thinking if faction leaders could arrange their faction in their own way, we could have it so a Faction has a leader and an Elder. Just a thought~

If nobody else wants it to br, yes, otherwise, my character wouldnt be the leader

This is looks interesting. I've also been in need of some serious roleplays since I've come back to RPN.

Also, are you deciding leaders based on the CS? Or are you just picking them before you actually start up the rp? Inquiring minds...

Thanks for the interest!

What I want to do have an equal amount of people in each faction(ideally 4 in each) so I will probably have people pick here, right before I make the RP. Your welcome to say what you want. Seeing everyone want the artifact faction makes me want to strengthen the other two. We will see though.

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm interested in the spirit faction. Question though. Would we be using familiars, or a different kind of spirit? What did you have in mind?

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm interested in the spirit faction. Question though. Would we be using familiars, or a different kind of spirit? What did you have in mind?

Thx!

Yes, familiars are allowed. Although I will ask that in your CS you tell me exactly what your familiar can do. Also spirits is a very broad magic(they all are). So you can do summoning of different spirits to fight for you or even having fire spirits "possess" you and give you the ability to make fire attacks. It's completely up to you.

Thx!

Yes, familiars are allowed. Although I will ask that in your CS you tell me exactly what your familiar can do. Also spirits is a very broad magic(they all are). So you can do summoning of different spirits to fight for you or even having fire spirits "possess" you and give you the ability to make fire attacks. It's completely up to you.

Alrighty! Totally in then! Thanks for the information!  ^_^

Yeah, I guess I could do Alchemy faction as well.

I already have several characters in mind for the different factions should one need more characters or not. Don't feel obligated to fill in Alchemy. Make the character you want. Just be aware that space is limited around the places until all factions are filled.

So we only really need one more before we start. I would like to know what everyone is interested in so I can make ideas for what faction to be part of. This doesn't have to be final but what factions are you guys think about, (Besides leading because only 3 people lead) just as far as magic types what sounds interesting? @Alteras @Birdsie @The Chocolate Milkshake @Overly Eager Chocobo @NostalgiaOwl @Savagai @Aphnex

I would still like to be in the spirit fraction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back