Other || Witches, Cute Familiars, Magic & Teenage Girls? ||

Would you be interested in an rp like this?

• Yeah!!!!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Naah~

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uhhhhhh….. MAYBE.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I totally just came here because I'm procrastinating.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
A Story of Teenagers Who Just so Happen to be Witches~….

Cosmos

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧crying over fictional lesbians (╥︣﹏᷅╥)
Heyo!! ya'll, I'm looking to start a magical girl/witch type small group roleplay, about 5-6 players maximum including myself. Now before you go saying WAIT, THIS ISNT SOMEWHERE FOR INTEREST CHECKS!? I'm aware, the reason it's here is because- well….. //QwQ// //>w<// I can't for the life of my finish/finalize the plot or even world building, I plan for this to be a long term detailed rp, almost novel like in tenancies, deep plot, intense drama, lighthearted comedy and scandalous romance, I have the basic idea but can't seem to get the premise down in an interesting wording or even half organised in a way others would understand. Basically I'm begging for help here, XD haha, me and my friend Devious Dilbert Devious Dilbert are working on it vaguely but I'd love to get it up and running, it would have us all collaborating together on plots and arcs, villains and side characters to make the story blossom full of life with characters, I intend to have myself as the GM and 1 or 2 Co-Gm's to help out, but everyone would really have an important management role in one sense or another. :3

It would be set in a a sort of realistic/modern world with supernatural/fantasy tendencies, think of things like that of "Yuki Yuna Is A Hero" or "Madoka Magica", a darker plot going on in a high school setting with the characters just trying to live their normal lives amongst the chaos of monster battles, saving the worlds and well simply put, the hormones and horrors of puberty and being a teenage girl in general.

Each character would have a Familiar of sort, think of a small floating guardian like Kyubai but uh- not soul eating evil
(Or are they dun dun duuuuuuu) jk, jk, haha, each character would have one that'd I'd assign based on the character sheet itself, backstory and personality that sort of thing. Each would have a unique yet similar power set I'm thinking, though no idea wether to go with weapons, magic, a combination of both or maybe more? Anyhow, the usual cute and spunky uniforms would be there along with the transformation possibly, or I'm leaning more toward the plot being about witches instead, which would mean instead of magical girl type themes, it'd be more magical animal familiars and elemental magic, instead of transformations in the usual sense perhaps witch type outfits that appear when they start using heir magic to a certain extent?

I'd love the story to be slowly revealed over time, start with something that seems like the main idea and reveal the plot twist like bigger picture and yeah I know how cliche that sounds haha, but it can work really well if done right. It'd probably be set in a sort of imaginary city a combination of something like Japan and America, a busy apartment and housing based area with a school or two and plenty of shops in the main part but spreading out in a more town like setting the further you get, advanced transport systems like that of Tokyo but a more American type scenery, full of plant life and parks.
(Some reason I was trying to make a combination between Manhattan and Washington for the name, dunno haha).

I think we'd start some time after the girls had just awoken these powers or/an gotten their familiars, that or on the flip side maybe a few have known their witches their whole life, who knows, anyway the plots really free for the shaping and I'd love any friendly critic and helpful input you can give!!

Anyhow! below are the familiar type images, I hope you've enjoyed reading and can help out somehow, thanks!

07afd0b9b49e32ac2941eb55fe360475.jpg
9d51410351a52f4d67e2484dcecbc360.jpg
b3f25ed5b4fb499270f5b53fcbff2aae.jpg
bd747f4d87b33098dfc60d2cc7dbe94d.jpg
e6f49062a96066bf70b36d542be2be3d.jpg

So first things first you have a really unwieldy wall of text that is very hard to read. So I think you can start off with breaking it up into more manageable chunks.

I recommend a tab for this as it gives a more organized look but really just putting up headers and not centering the text would help.

Tabs That Are Needed.

Tab 1. What MUST be included in the setting.
A bullet list might be helpful here to keep things concise and easy to follow.

Tab 2. What do you need help fleshing out?
Again a bullet list would be helpful as you can flesh things out with help.

Tab 3. What is the overall plot?
Just give us an idea of where you want the story to go.

You seem to have a lot of enthusiasm but are kind of all over the place right now. Just sitting down and writing up lists will help you get your thoughts in order and help other people give you better advice.

So first things first you have a really unwieldy wall of text that is very hard to read. So I think you can start off with breaking it up into more manageable chunks.

I recommend a tab for this as it gives a more organized look but really just putting up headers and not centering the text would help.

Tabs That Are Needed.

Tab 1. What MUST be included in the setting.
A bullet list might be helpful here to keep things concise and easy to follow.

Tab 2. What do you need help fleshing out?
Again a bullet list would be helpful as you can flesh things out with help.

Tab 3. What is the overall plot?
Just give us an idea of where you want the story to go.

You seem to have a lot of enthusiasm but are kind of all over the place right now. Just sitting down and writing up lists will help you get your thoughts in order and help other people give you better advice.
Thanks!! i would but truth be told- I'm absolutely horrible beyond belief at bbcoding, I've tried even the most basic things and can't get them to work right, not too mention my keyboard isn't the best right now after some rather traumatic experiences it's been through with spilled drinks "^w^ hehe~…. I do love tabs and would if I could!! As for lists yeah, I'm kinda struggling to condense and stay focused, it's always been a weakness when trying to write up plots annoyingly and though I'm working on it that's part or mostly what I need, help working out what I need to work out. If that makes any sense, lool.

Code:
[tabs]
[tab=MUST Be In Setting]

Words go  here

[/tab]
[tab=Needs Some Work]

Words Go Here

[/tab]
[tab=The Plot]

Words Go Here

[/tab]
[/tabs]

Alternatively if you just put headers up and uncenter the text that would help.

To make headers just put up something like

Code:
[SIZE=22px]What Must Be In Setting[/SIZE]
[SIZE=15px]blah blah add text here.[/SIZE]

Cosmos Cosmos
While your text is big, I think you've managed to tell pretty well what you want and want help with. I'd possibly join if you get it up and running.

So first things first you have a really unwieldy wall of text that is very hard to read.
I must say, I really second this.

Now, for feedback regarding your actual idea, I think you're being a little too ambitious here. Not that ambition itself is bad, but the fact is that your sense of direction seems all jumbled with this plot and you're putting the cart before the horse.

I plan for this to be a long term detailed rp, almost novel like in tenancies, deep plot, intense drama, lighthearted comedy and scandalous romance

This right here, is perhaps what I would call the biggest problem. You literally can't plan for this. You can aim for a few of these things - the romance, the comedy or intense drama- but the others at most you can hope they will come up naturally. If you try to spread yourself too thin, you are even more certain to fail.

This problem of spreading yourself to thin and thinking about the end result before you can begin to figure the process seems to be a constant throughout the text. Your explanation, from what I could understand, seems like a pretty standard magical girl RP. So far so good, but you're thinking of the exceptions and the big moments before you start thinking of how you will make the main branch function.

So, that's the only recommendation I can give really, since there aren't a lot of specifics being given here. It's just a concept after all. I recommend that you start focusing on figuring out EXACTLY what your idea, and the main focus of the roleplay will be, as well as how you can reinforce those ideas in a streamlined manner.

Just a heads up, I think people might want the ability to pick their own familiars (and powers if that was also going to be assigned by you.) Maybe have a list of them and people can reserve them on a first come first serve basis if you only want certain ones used.

I can help with bbcoding which will make everything look originized without getting too fancy.

Just a heads up, I think people might want the ability to pick their own familiars (and powers if that was also going to be assigned by you.) Maybe have a list of them and people can reserve them on a first come first serve basis if you only want certain ones used.

I can help with bbcoding which will make everything look originized without getting too fancy.
oh!! powers are up to them, it would be a list and choosing, the familiar aspect is for story reasons so kinda needs me too choose but well- the pwoer does give a strong aspect and people can give feedback as to which they'd prefer.

As you suggested the powers will be first come first serve. :) Though there will be revisions in CS if they will make through or not, we really do only want interested and committed roleplayers :3

Can there be magical boys?
haha, I was chatting with dilly and we may allow only one for variety, though we both agree we would find it amusing to be a trap.

Cosmos Cosmos I can probably help brainstorm, actually.
great!!

I must say, I really second this.

Now, for feedback regarding your actual idea, I think you're being a little too ambitious here. Not that ambition itself is bad, but the fact is that your sense of direction seems all jumbled with this plot and you're putting the cart before the horse.

This right here, is perhaps what I would call the biggest problem. You literally can't plan for this. You can aim for a few of these things - the romance, the comedy or intense drama- but the others at most you can hope they will come up naturally. If you try to spread yourself too thin, you are even more certain to fail.

This problem of spreading yourself to thin and thinking about the end result before you can begin to figure the process seems to be a constant throughout the text. Your explanation, from what I could understand, seems like a pretty standard magical girl RP. So far so good, but you're thinking of the exceptions and the big moments before you start thinking of how you will make the main branch function.

So, that's the only recommendation I can give really, since there aren't a lot of specifics being given here. It's just a concept after all. I recommend that you start focusing on figuring out EXACTLY what your idea, and the main focus of the roleplay will be, as well as how you can reinforce those ideas in a streamlined manner.
//QwQ// kk. Tanks idea senpai haha~….. //>w<//

Cosmos Cosmos
While your text is big, I think you've managed to tell pretty well what you want and want help with. I'd possibly join if you get it up and running.
thanks!! would look forward to having ya

Code:
[tabs]
[tab=MUST Be In Setting]

Words go  here

[/tab]
[tab=Needs Some Work]

Words Go Here

[/tab]
[tab=The Plot]

Words Go Here

[/tab]
[/tabs]

Alternatively if you just put headers up and uncenter the text that would help.

To make headers just put up something like

Code:
[SIZE=22px]What Must Be In Setting[/SIZE]
[SIZE=15px]blah blah add text here.[/SIZE]
thanks!! I'll remember this for the actual thread itself

Did you draw the familiars? They're beyond adorable! If you didn't, I humbly offer myself to help with the costumes or any other needed art.

In any case, a magic girl rp is something I've been craving for a while, so I'd be happy to participate if posible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back