Other Wisdom from an old man. (Ask me some questions.)

I believe in the existence of the One true God. And I believe that this God of mine is the Character from the Old and New Testaments. Jesus's father and savior of the Jews. I believe that the other religions are false.

There's a lot I can say as far as why I think my God is the One true God, and why I think the others are false. I'll give you one of my favorite examples...

In the book of Daniel, it was predicted there would be an ambitious ruler who will attempt to conquer the world. He will die young, and his kingdom will be divided into four, which will merge into two, which will eventually merge into one.

200 years later after that prophecy, Alexander the Great popped up. He died young and his kingdom was divided into 4, which merged into two, the Ptolemaic and Seleucid empires, which ultimately converged into one, the Roman empire.

There are A LOT more prophecies like this getting fulfilled. You can't discount them for being vague. They were as clear as crystal, and they all were fulfilled.

Do you have any confirmation bias, though? Even if we assume that events like this might be more than mere coincidences, other religions have also foretold events that could be construed as being prophesies-come-true as well.

What makes the prophesies of the other religions less valid than the ones in your own? You'll call them fake, but they'll call you fake. Both sides are probably only searching for evidence that validates their preconceived views, while ignoring anything that challenges them.

Would you agree that the followers of many other religions are essentially equipped with the same argumentative "toolkit" as you?

Do you have any confirmation bias, though? Even if we assume that events like this might be more than mere coincidences, other religions have also foretold events that could be construed as being prophesies-come-true as well.

What makes the prophesies of the other religions less valid than the ones in your own? You'll call them fake, but they'll call you fake. Both sides are probably only searching for evidence that validates their preconceived views, while ignoring anything that challenges them.

Would you agree that the followers of many other religions are essentially equipped with the same argumentative "toolkit" as you?

I honestly don't know. I haven't taken the time to study other religions.

As of right now, I am a Christian because it makes sense to both my mind and my heart. Christianity is like an usually large piece of the puzzle that is my life. It answers my questions and gives me comfort. For those reasons alone, I am content.

And most importantly, I have a direct relationship with God, as with other Christian mystics who came before me. I follow in their tradition, and because I do, I literally find God everywhere and anywhere.

Oh Mighty and Wise Zombo!Enlighten me to your wisdom!as you are a healthy 1 year older than myself.
Tell me Great one........Edward or Jacob?

I find it somewhat naive that you consider yourself old and knowledgeable at 25, but I'll give you a question. You've got a few years on me, after all.

Do you consider nature or nurture to be the most deciding factor in the development of individual personalities? Also, if God created us with 'free will', is it truly free will if he is omnipotent and capable of knowing what you are going to do before you do it..?

Has Christianity positively impacted your view on humanity, or has it jaded you to it? I personally find the abrahamic god the most plausible and Yeshua/Jesus to be a reliable ethical leader, but due to my negative experiences with Christianity (especially early on in life) I can't associate with most Christian communities in my area without being suspicious or uncomfortable. Have you come across that kind of trial in your experience as a Christian?

I find it somewhat naive that you consider yourself old and knowledgeable at 25, but I'll give you a question. You've got a few years on me, after all.

Do you consider nature or nurture to be the most deciding factor in the development of individual personalities? Also, if God created us with 'free will', is it truly free will if he is omnipotent and capable of knowing what you are going to do before you do it..?

Has Christianity positively impacted your view on humanity, or has it jaded you to it? I personally find the abrahamic god the most plausible and Yeshua/Jesus to be a reliable ethical leader, but due to my negative experiences with Christianity (especially early on in life) I can't associate with most Christian communities in my area without being suspicious or uncomfortable. Have you come across that kind of trial in your experience as a Christian?

I consider the influence of nature and nurture on the development of personalities to be 50-50. 50 percent nature, 50 percent nurture.

There are recent theologians in the 20th century who believed that God is not omniscient of the future. According to them, God is an active participant in the shaping of the future. They consider Him to be not outside of time, as was traditionally believed. And I believe in it myself. After all, what's the use of praying if God already knows what's gonna happen to you before it even happened?

With that said, I conclude that we have true free will, and it is within our ability (to an extent) to shape our destinies.

My Christianity have never impacted my view on humanity in any way. I used to be an atheist, and my view of humanity both back when I was an atheist and now that I'm a Christian have always been the same. My basic belief about humanity is that people are naturally very selfish, ego-maniacal, and downright rotten. Evil is everywhere and everyone is out for themselves, including me.

I've never struggled in any way with my Christianity. A vast majority of the devoted Christians I've met are really good people. An example would be the church that I used to attend. Everyone there were sooo nice. There were free donuts and coffee and the pastor remembered my name.

I think Christianity has many flavors. For example, I'm a fundamentalist and a conservative. I believe homosexuality is a sin. Although I'm not homophobic, and although I've had gay friends before, it is still my belief that homosexuality should not exist, and that homosexuals are people who are blatantly committing a sin when they practice their homosexuality. I think that there is nothing wrong with being gay deep inside. But if you go out of your way to have sex with the same gender person, or hook up with other gay people, you are being sinful.

Other Christians are liberals. Some, in fact, are so liberal that they accept evolution to be theologically compatible with their Christianity.

What's important is to have faith in Jesus and God.

Okay another question. Even though I don't consider mid-twenties old at all, I'll still ask you this: Why are so many things hidden from our understanding, such as our existence, our purpose, and our roles? We can all guess these things but they are backed by proof. Why is this the way life is, ever so mysterious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back