WHY NOT: A Character Sheet

As a player, they are also extremely useful for keeping things straight, rather than keeping it all in your head.

Do You Know] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/4413-bone2pick/ said:
@Bone2pick[/URL]
If you knew I though the requirement of "multiparagraph" history was a waste of time already, why ask?
I've already answered that, and quite clearly I might add.

I needed you to clarify that you were including the GM's viewpoint as a waste of time and not just your own. It makes all the difference in the world.

My first post spelled out that question as well.

[QUOTE="Do You Know]
But here's my implications based on your own: When you give specific details never originally stated in the point-of-view you quote, you appear to be misinterpreting my words.

[/QUOTE]
No, asking for clarification before proceeding with an objection is polite and thoughtful. That's what I did, and you confirmed my assumption of your statement. By definition the act of asking about your statement means I'm unsure how to interpret it.

[QUOTE="Do You Know]
For example, if I answered with "Are you inquiring, by inquiring, that I cannot post with my perspective of the issue on a discussion thread without being heckled?" In actuality, I assume you never meant aggression via heckling with your response, but my example passive-aggressively communicates that you did.

[/QUOTE]
I see. That's quite a conversation tactic: asking you to confirm if your comment about multiparagraph history sections applies to me as the GM, is an act of passive aggression. Hmm...

I'm not sure I agree.

[QUOTE="Do You Know]And what do you mean by "including the GM's viewpoint as a waste of time and not just your own"? Is this a jab at me?

[/QUOTE]
How could that possibly be a jab?

[QUOTE="Do You Know]Also, drawing support from past experiences does not equal shortsightedness.

[/QUOTE]
Moved goalpost. You've erected a new position, one I would never utter, to avoid answering my question. That's a red flag that pursuing an honest conversation with you will be an uphill battle. Drawing from past experience doesn't equal anything. And I wouldn't suggest that it does. But it also doesn't mean I have to buy into your interpretation of all of your past GM's mentalities. And it still leaves the possibility open that you have failed to understand their desires.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bone2pick

This argument is going nowhere and engaging a thread I already dislike and was reluctant to return to.

At this point we are going back-and-forth while simultaneously becoming more and more on edge as we go along. Our posts are beginning to contain subtle jabs in an effort to manipulate emotion, make each other madder than we need to be. I hardly care for the subject at hand anymore and I doubt you do either, so I'll be the bigger goose and let you alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back