Literature White Culture Superheroes

That's what it feels like, doesn't it?
I just heaved a heavy sigh.
I will admit to feeling trapped. I have no idea how to make things better. I just put out positivity (try to at least) and hope for the best. It also helps that there's people like you guys as well that are also fighting for the end of discrimination.
Just do your best to be a decent person amiga. No one can ask for anything more from anyone. I know it must be hard, Apartheid ended relatively recently. It'll take a while for the wounds to heal.

Honestly, saying white people don't deserve a hero is just like saying black people don't deserve one, racist either ways, but who am I, the white, cisgender, hetero male to judge? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Young, white, cisgender, bisexual female here. Or a human, to be more accurate.

Why does it really matter what shape, size, color, gender, or whatnot a superhero is?

Comic book writers aren't really that much different than RPN users on a larger scale. It is a human tendency to create characters that you can identify with, even though another person might wish for a character that is far different. Also, I think that 1, it is a waste of time to try to please everyone, and 2, there is no way to properly represent a character if you cannot identify with him/her.

Just giving my two cents...

Literally like 90% of superheroes are white.
I'm whiter than notebook paper, so believe me when I say that white people need to stop making everything about them. No one's forgetting about you, Karen.

Honestly, I prefer my heroes for their actions rather than their ethnicity. I don't exactly like Iron Man just because of the fact that he's white. I take at his personality, his powers and all the other necessities for a good hero.

Hey! What about purple, red and green skin mutants! They don't have enough heroes!!!!!

Sarcasm!

I'm not quite sure how to feel about the original posting here but recently there has been a wave in trying to usher diversity in comic worlds and media. Now, some of them aren't done well but it's a nice change regardless.

Last edited:
And if you've seen the X-Men films, you'll know of the anti-normie terror cell. Gosh darn, time to get rid of all them muties before they kill us all!

Honestly, saying white people don't deserve a hero is just like saying black people don't deserve one, racist either ways, but who am I, the white, cisgender, hetero male to judge? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
L E G I T this stigma needs to S T O P There is a difference between comparing struggles and erasing them entirely, and saying white people don't deserve a hero of any form isn't trying to stop that comparison of struggles between whites and blacks but it is erasing any struggle any white has ever been through

This happens with literally everything ever and it pisses me off

Cheese. You guys are over-thinking this. There's not really a "white" culture so much as there's French, British, Swedish, etc., culture, right? But most white people eat cheese, because lactose tolerance came along with some of the genetic bullshit that created pale skin.

So your hypothetical white power superhero fights with the power of cheese, avoids full sun because it's their weakness, and is a bit of a bossy, ballsy klepto due to a history of intense colonization and capitalism.

A vampire.

Literally like 90% of superheroes are white.
I'm whiter than notebook paper, so believe me when I say that white people need to stop making everything about them. No one's forgetting about you, Karen.
YEAH, white people should stop making white characters. (SARCASM)

The reason 90% of superheroes are white is because the whole concept of superhero comic books and the industry started mainstream in America and the western world.

YEAH, white people should stop making white characters. (SARCASM)

The reason 90% of superheroes are white is because the whole concept of superhero comic books and the industry started mainstream in America and the western world.

That is... not what i said at all.
I just pointed out that no one's ignoring white-people representation. No one needs to pay us special attention, because they already are. The whole comic book medium revolves around white characters.

because we all seem to be stating race and gender i'm a black and native american pansexual woman. i'd love to see more of my people represented and no one is stating that white people can't have their shine it's just that there's not too much representation for us. it's not meant to knock ya just a simple observation that there isn't a lot of rep out here.

That is... not what i said at all.
I just pointed out that no one's ignoring white-people representation. No one needs to pay us special attention, because they already are. The whole comic book medium revolves around white characters.
Paying people of other ethnicities special attention is quite patronizing don't you think? Which is one of the main problems I have with topics like this. I know this isn't what you were saying but topics like this remind me of the fact that no one says fuck white people more than white people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back