• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Whisper Wood (A fantasy adventure rp)

Being bored as mostly the humans were sniveling or muttering to each other Numi decided to follow just behind Azure. She had rarely seen the young apprentice outside of going to the forge, and was curious about what she was like. I guess she followed us here and tagged along since. I never really pictured her as the type to involve herself in palace affairs. She stopped shortly behind when Azure called out to Seera and waited to see what would happen next, and eagerly wagging her tail.

Watching with narrowed eyes as the other girl practically pranced out of the room, Kael briefly shot Queen Emberly a look that inquired about what in the world they'd been feeding her. Back home -and maybe this was due to nearly everyone's lack of gracelessness- you couldn't find such characters in everyday life. Maybe if they had travelers or performers visiting from abroad, you might stumble upon them, however, they were almost never of Elven descent. Not to say that it was a bad thing; just strange and unorthodox. Do they just let her roam around the castle like that all day? Being so peppy all of the time must be tiresome.

Putting the thought to sleep as he set his sword down to his side and carefully and gradually turned his lower extremities so that he was lying true on the bed, Kael cringed and winced when he felt the scarring tissue press deeper into the gash, a chuckle following suit while Emberly made her way over to help him adjust himself on the bed; the lady's maids definitely weren't going to appreciate cleaning the mattress when they were through.
"Uncomfortable? As a guardsman, yes. As a man -and a prince at that? Not in the least. It's good to know that I have my limits. That's what keeps us level headed." Unclipping the straps of his cloak from his black steel pauldron, Kael's icy oceanic gaze met hers after hearing her warning. As if he'd risk his life in this condition. He was the intruder but he was also her messenger at the moment. To even think on leaving at a time like this was nonsensical.

"I wouldn't dar--" Before he could finish his sentence, Michaelis was compelled to pause mid-sentence, removing both his cloak and pauldrons from his shoulders and recoil as much as he possibly could in his reclined position. His brows dipped into a deep furrow when Emberly moved awfully close to him -a little too close for his liking- and sunk her face down near the crook of his neck whispering something in his ear. Her warm breath brushed the shell of his ear and softened as it rode down his jaw in a goading manner, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand at attention. Now, this may come off as pretentious and you could blame that on his proud demeanor, but if he didn't know any better, he would've thought that she was toying with him. Kael often had a hard time separating genuine banter from teasing; but this was definitely bordering flirtation, on some level. Be that as it may, he just didn't really find interest in women of noble upbringings. They always were a bit too... uppity and ditzy. Wait! He was getting way too ahead of himself.

As Emberly returned to her previous postion at the end of the bed, Kael realized that he'd been gawking with a slightly gaped mouth, but immediately pursed his lips and cleared his throat. Thankful that Queen Emberly brought the attention back to their stalled conversation, he managed a weak smile and leaned his head back into the pile of fleecy pillows and began, his tone much more gravelly and pensive than before.
"Oh... of course. Well, I managed to come across a large collection of letters sent to and from the Continent in the Captain's quarters when I was still on the ship. I happened to come across a very recent one and well..." He quickly, making sure not to leave out any detail, began to explain the events that led up to their run-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seera decided to try something out. She had been practicing for a while outdoors, but she wanted to see how much attention she could get in a such a crowded place. She lept high into the air, did a triple spin type thing and landed back on her feet. During the spin, she had shifted to animal form, and then shifted back to human by the time she hit the ground. She took a bow, grinned, and yelled for all to hear: "Tada!"

"Thank you," Kalora said to the boy. "When you know more, please tell the fox shifter overt here," she nodded to Numi. "She'll know what to do then." Hopefully Numi would realize it was a good idea to report to her when she got the chance, and nit let her curiosity get the better of her and leave on her own. After all, if it truly was what she thought it was, the Queen had to know too. Then she was suddenly pulled aside by Seera, iwth the message the Queen wanted to see her, and that there was yet another intruder present. "I will go at once," she said, trying to remain calm. But as soon as she left the throne room, she made a run for it, hurrying to the Queen's chambers. "What a night..." she muttered under her breath before she slowed to a stop in front of the Queen's room.

"You requested to see me?" she asked as she entered, her eyes quickly falling on the wounded elf on her bed.

Emberly was pleased that she had slightly unnerved the Elven Prince if only for a minute, she didn't usually behave in such a manor but sometimes the situation called for it. She had to prove to be at least his equal if not best him after all he had managed to break into her supposedly secure palace. She would need to have a word with Damian and make sure he spoke to his fellow guards.

The Queen listened as he spoke of treason and death threats made to not only herself but him as well. She learned of many troubling things listening to his story. So there were indeed plots to overthrow her and takeover her kingdom, she thought a bit unnerved herself now. If he was telling the truth, and at this point she could not imagine why he would be lying, she needed to send out scouts immediately.

The door opened and Kalora slipped through. "Thank you for coming my friend," she smiled gravely at her trusted Spymaster. "We have a situation," she nodded toward the Prince. "Let me introduce you to Prince Michaelis Saevrine of the Elven Kingdom. He has just informed me of many interesting things. Tell me what do we know of men clad in pitch black armour?" It went without saying that the Prince and her were still targets of his brother's plan, "His brother tried to have him killed and the next step in his clearly ill thought out plan was to take our beautiful kingdom for himself."

(I'll post more after work tonight)

Azure felt a flicker of worry, shown by a small twitch at the corner of her mouth. She didnt say any more on the subject, instead gave a small shake of her head. "I was told Damian and Kalora would take care of that, but they both are otherwise disposed. I didnt plan on being in charge of humans today, but it happened anyway. I suppose we could ask a maid or two; they'll have been preparing rooms and will know where the Queen wants them." She said, keeping her face extremely neutral. Seera was normally a lot of fun to be around, especially after a long day of working, but in such a serious situation, her childish demeanor wasnt much help. The blonde blacksmith didnt turn her head she did her little trick, but pretended to be very impressed, giving her a surprised and delighted smile. I gotta get out of this place, she thought, beginning to feel like she was drowning in the frivolity.

Damian tensed up as Scarlett wrapped her arms around him. He didn't know much about hugging, yet this was some sort of affection. Once she thanked him, he raised his hands and let them rest on the small of her back slightly. "I was only doing my job." He replied quietly.

With a soft sigh, he broke the hug. "Come along, we need to get you back to safety." He grunted, before turning toward where his home was. He knew Emberly had something up her silky sleeve, and it made him nervous.

"I know nothing as of yet of men clad in black," Kalora said. "But I have just heard of an attack in a clearing to the west. I send a mercenary and seemingly his friend to check on that for us." She did not yet mention Damian had left with the human girl, and that they had apparently been the victim of this track. That was something Damien would have to explain himself.

She smiled at her friend and turned her gaze at the wounded elven prince.

"Ah?" she said with some surprise. "Kael, you look horrible. Much worse than last time... What in the world happened to you?"

Michaelis' gaze coruscated over the Queen's engrossed features. He didn't think much of the situation since his thoughts throughout the past few days had only been centered on getting this news to her. But now that he had gotten through explaining the general facts of what happened, he finally had time to gauge the incident for himself. It just set in that his brother -his own brother- tried to kill him. And for what? Because he didn't trust him to keep his secret? In all honesty, despite the circumstance would mean he'd hold a terrible secret in his heart for the remnants of his life, Kael hadn't really thought of getting in his way. Well, not at first. But when the possible consequences began to bombard his restless conscience, he understood that he had to step in and do something. When it came down to it, the truth was, he was initially willing to overlook his brother's wicked ways. Sure, he would've tried to talk him down but now that he knew how far he was willing to go to get his way, Kael knew that he didn't stand a chance either way. His only option was to get out of that blazing inferno [with as little injury as possible] and get down to the castle to warn Emberly.

His eyes glazed over with a faint melancholic shadow as he averted his gaze and stared vacantly at the tapestry sewn into the canopy above the Queen's bed. Kael knew sulking wasn't going to win anyone's favor, but being in such a position, he couldn't help but wonder what it was that made Cyprus want to play this stratagem. From what he understood, he had a better chance of taking the throne than either one of his siblings.
Why did he care for taking this kingdom of all kingdoms? As a myriad of unanswerable questions swarmed his thoughts, a loud creak sounded from the front of the room and when he assumed that the healer had finally arrived, he carefully sat up. Then, his brows plunged in bewilderment upon seeing who it really was. Snapping his attention between the two as they greeted one another, Kael could only wonder if he was experiencing some terribly vivid dream. First the letter, then the attack, then the this? What? They know each other? Clearing his throat as the girl addressed him, he swiftly yet subtly looked himself over while scratching the small patch of stubble that centered his chin. "Kalora..." He muttered quietly, her name sounding almost alien as it left his lips. The last he'd seen the girl, he wasn't but a budding juvenile so he was a bit inept with what to say considering their affinity filed as estranged at that point in time. "It's a long story." Reluctantly tearing his blue-green orbs from the woman who he recognized as a bard, he fixed his eyes on Emberly and ran a hand through his dark, wavy locks.

"Right. Well, if we take into account that we were attacked from the east, we can assume that these men were hired under the name of a lord from the Eastern Islands. That being said, there could've been more nobles that had a hand in this planned assault." Yes, his brother played a big part in this, but he couldn't have been alone. After all, there were many names -both familiar and novel- found in that pile of letters. "He mentioned wanting to get you involved with the RCEN. I suppose your passive refusal sent him on edge, and I haven't a doubt in mind a majority of the members were upset as well. They may have had some idea of what Cyprus was planning." His eyes then shifted to Kalora in a narrowed slit when a peculiar image came to mind. Back on the ship, when he was fighting off the ruthless soldiers, he got into a scuffle with one of the men and managed to rip off the clip that held his cloak together, and it had a very strange seal printed on it. "And there's another thing--" Inhaling deeply, he coiled his left arm around his waist and tremulously stuck his hand into his waist pack, rummaging for the pin. "I've never seen a sigil like this before. It was torn off from one of the combatant's cape." And with that, he held his hand out and there sat the stud. "I was hoping someone from your chancery would be familiar with this emblem."

Last edited by a moderator:
As Damian also put his arms around her, Scarlett felt a spark, hugging him was different than hugging anyone else. She knew he had a soft side, he just didn't like to show it. "Just doing your job?" she asked, "So if you weren't a guard I'd be dead right now?" She didn't want to believe that.

He told her it was time to get back to the palace, but she just wanted to stay with him. Maybe not in this exact spot but somewhere. This world was strange and Scarlett felt safe with him and she was pretty confident that he would keep her safe no matter what he said about his job.

She took one last look behind her at the carnage and hurried after Damian as he headed back. "Do you think more of those guys will come?" she asked as she jogged after him. "And can you slow down a bit please? I'm not as fast as you." Scarlett was used to being fast, you had to be to tumble and she did a lot of that in cheerleading but he moved faster than anyone she'd ever seen and she was pretty sure he wasn't even trying.

--------

"Excellent. You two know each other, that makes things easier." Emberly made a mental note to question Kalora later and find out what she knew of 'Kael.' She was slightly less on edge knowing that her friend appeared calm after seeing him. It was clear now that the shifter kingdom was indeed in danger. "Kalora you would be the best one to look at the sigil, your eyes have seen many sights on your travels."

A soft knock sounded on the door, "Enter," the Queen said standing up to block the Prince from view. Novah peered around the door, "Your Majesty sent for me?" Emberly let out the breath she was holding, "Yes Novah, I am glad you have arrived. I must warn you that what happens in this room is of utmost secrecy and you may not discuss it with anyone. Not even my son." Novah shifted uncomfortably, "Of course my Queen I will not speak of this night to Everestt... I mean your son the Prince." She blushed forgetting that she shouldn't address him as if he were just anyone. "It is quite alright my dear I know by now that the two of you are the best of friends. That is not important right now." Emberly stepped aside so the healer could see the wounded Elven Prince. "Please see to his injuries, I will be eternally grateful if you could keep him alive through the night."

"You may stay in my chambers for the night Michaelis. I will take my leave so that Lady Novah may tend to your needs and we will continue our conversation in the morning," Emberly said as she stood to leave the room. "Kalora will look into the sigil and get back to you." She turned to her Spymaster, "Please do not linger here too long we still have to discuss the vote. Come see me in my other room as soon as you can." With one last look at the man who might have just saved them all she turned and left the room.

-------

Novah waited until the door shut behind her Queen and then quickly rushed over to the bleeding man. She peeled back the blankets to assess his injuries and gasped. There was an awful lot of blood. "Can you tell me what happened to you?" she asked the stranger nervously. "It will help me know how to treat you, I also have some herbs you can have, they will help with the pain."

Being one of the only armed people in the room wasn't doing Kaimana any favors, apparently. She didn't recognize the small girl who had approached herself and Lucas, but from the looks of her she wasn't a guest. Kaimana frowned a little as she explained the trouble; it sounded like a job for the guards. Then again, if one of them was hurt, maybe the others needed to be here. She glanced down at her plate, then shoved it into the hands of one of the feasters beside her and gave the girl a nod.

“Alright, I'll help. You owe me, yeah?” Turning vaguely west, she started toward the nearest exit, lifting her sword from where it dangled behind her back and resting it across her shoulder. The crowd parted as they tend to do for people carrying large weapons, and she beckoned to Lucas with her free hand as she slipped out of the throne room.

It took a few twists and turns to actually get out of palace, she didn't exactly know her way around. Eventually, she found her way out of the massive tree, even managing to exit on the right side. A pair of guards stationed there glanced at her nervously, but didn't say a word. Now that she was outside the throne room and far away from the feast, she took the opportunity to sniff at the cool night air. The usual, earthy scents were there – along with the scent of blood. A lot of blood. No wonder the guards were on edge. Her heart was beating a little faster too. Maybe not for the same reason.

Cocking her head back, she glanced over at Lucas, or his weapon more specifically. It looked sturdy enough. She wasn't quite sure about him.

“Any good with that?”

"A long story... Well, as a bard, I'm supposed to like those things, right? Although I am not quite sure as of how much time exactly we have," she gave the elf a small smile. What could have brought Kael all the way here? Considering the recent events it was unlikely he was here for just a jaunt. Were things turning even more dire than they already seemed to? He mentioned the attack from the East, and how the Lord of the Eastern Islands and Kael's brother Cyprus were involved. So now they knew there was an attack coming from both the East and the west? With a sigh she shook her head. "You should tell me what happened to you. After you've recovered and rested, that is. Right now you're in no shape for a meaningful conversation that lasts longer than a few minutes." It wasn't meant as condescending as it might have sounded, rather it was some form of worry for this long lost acquaintance that was now close to bleeding out on the Queens bed. She took the stud from Kael's hand, studying it for a brief moment before pocketing it.

"I shall see what I can figure out about this sigil. Might take a while... Hopefully we'll be granted enough time," Kalora mumbled as she made her way back to the door. "I'll come back to speak to you once Lady Novah here ensures you do not die. At least not tonight. Now, I must take my leave and see what the Queen has to say to me." She purposely avoided using the Queen's name here, as to not give Kael an impression of how closely befriended the two of them were. After those words, she hurried out of the room, to Emberly's other room.

She quickly slipped in again and closed the door behind her.

"Things are looking grim..." she said with a shake of her head, leaning against the door still.

Jacob stumbled from forest into a small clearing, coughing. "Hello?!" He yelled, trying to step over a root, but his foot catching, causing him to fall.

Emberly stood as Kalora let herself in. Now that it was just her and her good friend she felt no need for formalities and could speak freely. "The kingdom is in danger. We need a plan." Emberly sighed, "Humans here in our world, attacks from the Elven Kingdom, what's next?" She ran her hands through her fiery hair, "We still have the matter of the vote to discuss." The Queen looked at her good friend, "I miss when my husband was still here and these decisions were his to make, when we could just enjoy the day in mindless chatter and you would tell me stories of your adventures."

"let us speak of the humans first, have you collected all the votes?"

"We could still do that when there is no imminent danger," Kalora smiled. "Or when the stories of my adventures could warn you of potential dangers. Although then the chatter wouldn't be as mindless."

She sat down on one of the chairs in the room, tapping her fingers together, weighing the words she could say in her mind. "There is much more, I am afraid..." she muttered. She knew she should probably tell Emberly of Damien, the human girl, and the attack, but a voice inside her told her that wasn't her place. That Damien should tell Emberly himself and that he wasn't a reckless pup anymore.

"All who have voted so far have voted in favor of letting the humans stay with us," she said. "Although not all who are to vote are present yet. Miss Nathalia and Mr Zero have not arrived yet, so I wouldn't know what they will vote."

Kalora ran a hand through her silvery and gray hair, similar as how Emberly had run a hand through her own hair.

"I do, however, fear, there is matters more dire going on close to Whisper right now. And I fear it might be connected to the attacks Kael... excuse me, Prince Michaelis has just warned you of."

"So it is most likely that they will stay here in Whisper then." It wouldn't be a bad thing, though she would have to assign them each a guard for their own safety and so her people would be at ease.

"What do you mean by 'much more?' I get the feeling you are not telling me something Kalora." The Queen thought for a moment, "In any case if you do not feel it important enough to tell me then I will hear of it later, it's not like there is a shortage of important things to discuss."

"Back to the prince," Emberly narrowed her eyes at her friend, "Tell me what do you know of him and how did you meet him?" A sly smile spread across her face, "I am asking both as your Queen and also as your incredibly curious friend wanting details." Emberly wondered if the two had a past, her friend had never mentioned him before.

"The attack to the west, in the clearing," Kalora said. "Damien got involved, somehow, but he should be on his way back here now." Was saying Damien had left while he was supposed to watch the humans too much? Wait, what was she thinking? Nothing had happened between the human and him, right? Maybe Damien had somehow sensed the attackers and just went out to explore? She had no idea, but surely she would ask Damien when he got back.

"Anyway... It's not much, really," Kalora said with a small gesture of her hand. "We met in the past. Quite a long time ago, I believe. He worked in the fishing district back then, and I was just traveling around as a bard. He doesn't even know of my position as your Spymaster. And at the time, I wasn't aware of his position as Prince either. He was just another random elf. We chatted on occasion, tagged along for a bit... I wouldn't even really call us friends, honestly. He's quite an arrogant ass at times, but we somehow manage to tolerate each others presence."

"Honestly, Emberly," Kalora said. "As of now, I think the matters of the attacks from the east and west, the lord of Emerald Grove who plotted against you, the kingdom of Entheas plotting too, and this sigil.... Those are more important than how well Kael and I know each other. I feel like there's a connection between all recent events. But I just don't know yet what, other than all plotting against you for some unknown reason."

(OC reason: we didn't discuss that yet xD )

(So I didnt have Seera put in a vote, but she wants them to stay, so just pretend she did, ok?)

Seera walked through the forest, bored. She was looking for something to do. As she passed by a small clearing, she heard someone cry out "Hello?" and then a dull thud as that someone hit the ground. She quickly shifted, and sprinted out into the clearing to where another human lay. When she arrived next to him, she nudged his head gently, hoping to get his attention.

@Aeron

ashlynn said:
(So I didnt have Seera put in a vote, but she wants them to stay, so just pretend she did, ok?)
Seera walked through the forest, bored. She was looking for something to do. As she passed by a small clearing, she heard someone cry out "Hello?" and then a dull thud as that someone hit the ground. She quickly shifted, and sprinted out into the clearing to where another human lay. When she arrived next to him, she nudged his head gently, hoping to get his attention.

@Aeron
(Im sorry, I had to go out for a bit)

Jacob groaned. "What the..." he looked up to see a person standing next to him, a bit blurry. "Who are you? " he mumbled.

(In otter form, btw)

Seera shifted from otter form to human form. "Hi! My name is Seera, but I don't think I can tell you anything else, so don't bother asking. Who are you?"

@Aeron

ashlynn said:
(In otter form, btw)
Seera shifted from otter form to human form. "Hi! My name is Seera, but I don't think I can tell you anything else, so don't bother asking. Who are you?"

@Aeron
Jacob clutched his head as he stood up clumsily. He looked down and noticed that his school shirt was stained. "Great, and in from of a girl, too." He muttered. He looked up at the girl. "Im looking for Scarlett. Do you know her?" He asked.

Lucas looked over and smiled "Yeah, I'm pretty sure, or else I wouldn't be using it now would I?" Lucas chuckled and looked around "Alright, so, what's the plan of action? I was never that good at making plans." Lucas said as he looked up into the sky. If anything does happen he can always fly up to warn people about the danger.

@Not Sure

Azure was getting tired as it got closer to midnight. Usually, she was early to bed after working all day. But today was different for obvious reasons. Even so, her body was begging to curl up in bed. She looked at the humans, her reddish eyes resting on them one by one lightly. Dysis, with a claw hand and a rather snappy attitude, but very smart. Lila, who would probably be a lot feistier if she wasnt hurt. And Joel, who hadnt said much of anything at all yet. "What do you three want to do? You can eat if youre hungry, or I can find out where your rooms are if you want to sleep. You just have to have me or a guard with you, so.." She said, making an attempt at playing hostess. Palace niceties were not her thing, to say the least.

@ashlynn @Cyber Wolf

Lila's memory was starting to come back, a little bit, anyway. "You know, I think someone else was on the boat with us. The small one. I...I hink his name was, maybe something like Jacob. He was closer to Scarlett than me. He wasn't on the beach with us though, this morning. He might have died, or gotten washed up somewhere else."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back