• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Whisper Wood (A fantasy adventure rp)

Scarlett watched in horror as three men came out of what seemed like nowhere and attacked Damian. Who were they? Were they trying to kill him? Maybe she should do something? Her head was a mess of panic and fear. She was speechless when two of the men turned into large cats, leopards? Or jaguars maybe? The battle was getting more and more bloody, Scarlett didn't know what to do, if she moved they would see her most certainly, but if she stayed put she might have to watch Damian die. She knew that she had only just met him but he seemed nice, if only a little to into his apparent 'guard' job and she was deeply intrigued by him.

Without realizing what she was doing Scarlett stepped into the clearing, maybe it was brave, but it was definitely stupid. Damian dispatched two of the attackers without too much trouble, at least things seemed like he was winning and judging by the bodies this was a serious fight for your life kind of fight. Yup definitely a mistake, she thought as of one the cats turned his attention to her. He stared at her breathing heavily, crouched down as if hunting prey. Then it ran. Straight. At. Her. Scarlett wanted to scream but nothing came out, it was like a nightmare you couldn't wake up from. This is it, she thought and closed her green eyes, waiting to feel its claws.

They never came. She heard a growl and sounds that would have made her stomach turn if this was a movie. Slowly Scarlett opened her eyes, she saw Damian standing before her panting and dripping in blood. She bit her lip and looked down at the severed head by her feet. Yeah she wanted to throw up. Instead she gasped and covered her mouth looking back to Damian. His piercing eyes seemed to look into her soul. He had saved her life, it had been stupid to follow him, but he had kept her safe. "Damian," she whispered softly, slowly reaching her hand out to touch him.

--------

Emberly was intently going over the notes Kalora had given her just to be sure she didn't miss anything. Her friend had been very thorough, Emberly would thank her later. She had many things on her mind right now; the humans, the possible threats as of late, and the fact that her son had sent word that he was feeling ill, nothing serious but enough that he wouldn't be at the vote and to vote the same as his good friend Novah. She wondered if the two of them would ever fall in love as was often the case with best friends. Novah was not of high born blood but she would allow it as long as her son was happy, the girl was still a shifter after all so there were no laws being broken.

Her ears perked up at a sound in her bathroom. There should be no one in there, Emberly had told all of her ladies in waiting to leave her be for the time being and the guards should be downstairs with the guests. Quietly she got up and crept over to look through the door way of her study, across her bedroom and into the open bathroom door. She had lit all of the lanterns earlier so there were many shadows dancing on the walls, but she could definitely hear someone going through her things. Strange they must be looking for something other than her.

She walked to the door practically silent. Watching for a moment she saw a man cloaked in black, he was rummaging through her tonics and remedies and bleeding on her floor. Emberly knew if she called for her guards they would never get her in time, besides she was more than capable of protecting herself, she just didn't have to most of the time. "Can I help you?" She said in her powerful queen voice. "If you tell me why you are bleeding out all over my floor I might be able to help you find whatever cure you seem to be searching for. And be careful what you do stranger I may be Queen but don't let the dress fool you I can assure you that I am quite deadly."

----------

Novah smiled at Kalora, but then grew serious when the Queen's trusted friend told her of Damian leaving with the human girl. "Of course I'll get right on it," she told her hurrying outside. Novah had no idea which way they had gone, being a Sky Spirit shifter her sense of smell was equal to that of a human. She quickly jumped shifting into a beautiful sea eagle and flying off to see what she could find. Novah figured the best way to find them would be to circle palace and slowly move further away until she found them.

"Thanks Novah," Kalora said with a smile. "I knew I could count on you."

She wondered whether Novah would think something of Damien and the human girl, and if she did, whether she would keep it a secret, spread the word, or just report it back to her alone. She hoped for either the first of the last. Nothing had happened between the two of them yet, so now laws were being broken. Yet. Plus, as she had already thought before, the idea of a forbidden love story was just flat out adorable. It was quite funny to see the large wolf shifter, always so serious and intimidating, blushing, acting shy and denying everything. But for now she had to put her thoughts back to the voting. For now, things were looking good for the humans. All so far had voted to let them stay. But several more still needed to vote, so things could still change.

Seera left with the nobles, not siting for their mothers reply. She hurriedly made her way to the castel. She led them in, and then quickly shifted into an otter. She was much more agile in this state, and so quickly weaves her way through the crowd, to the steps leading up to the next floor of the castle. She began bounding up them, and when she reached the third floor, she bumped into a gaurd that had rectently arrived outside the queens door. "You can't go in there, Miss Seera. The Queen has requested to be alone." Seera ignored him, and ducked inside the room. She walked over to where the queen seemed to be speaking to someone. That is odd, I thought she wanted to be alone. Well, it's none of my business. She quickly shifted into her human form, and addressed the queen. "Your majesty?"

@Lithia

The effects of the Tea were wearing off. Lila was becoming far more alert. She kept thinking something was missing, but she hadn't been able to put her finger on it until now. She leaned over to Joel and Dysis. "Where's Scarlet? She's gone!"

Dysis opened her mouth to reply about the potatoes when Lila leaned over and in a worried tone asked where Scarlet was. Looking around the vast room, Dysis stifled a groan. "Probably running after every single boy and man in this kingdom" she muttered in annoyance. Speaking a tad louder she continued "I have no idea, might want to ask one of the guards..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Slipped away unnoticed," Kalora said softly as she heard Lila and Dysis speaking behind her. "Don't worry though. I have send a friend out to look for her and the one who was questioning her while I was talking with the three of you. I expect to hear where they are soon. They're probably just fine... No reason to worry yet."

But she was worried. After all, she did suspect there to be spies and assassins around. Damien would probably be fine though, she had warned him, and told him to keep his senses keen. If only her worry wouldn't show... it was better not to cause what likely was unneccesary panic.

Emberly heard the door open and the sound of Seera's voice. She sighed thinking she would have to have a talk with the guards. This could be a dangerous situation and she didn't want the girl to get hurt. "What is it Seera?" she asked in a tense tone not looking away from the stranger.

(sorry for the short post I'm just on a quick break at work)

Numi arrives back in town and heads for the Queen's chambers. Along the way she catches the scent of Kalora in the distance. I thought she was out on a mission. If she is here that must mean that something is going on. Numi's notorious curiosity kicks in and she can't help but go to see what the Spymaster is doing. Numi notices a staling scent of Damian and one of the beasts, but she decides that there is no reason to track Damian anywhere as he was probably under orders to move the prisoner. She quickly realizes that the best option is to take on human form if she is going to talk to Kalora. Numi swiftly transforms into her human form, a disgusted look on her face. "So, have we found out anything about what these things are?"

The trying search wasn't going very well for Kael seeing as there may have been over a hundred of those bottles -of which half of them couldn't have been there for anything that wasn't trivial- and he had only managed to inspect maybe ten on a good scale within the past minute. It was times like these where he cursed women and their excess body products. They may be hideous, hairy beasts that resemble their male counterparts before applying these ointments snd potions, but it would be a hell of a lot easier on time if they dropped the use of the majority of these products. What is this? Skin softening lotion? You haven't shared a bed with another man in over a century. Who're you trying to impress? Scowling after reading the label, Kael set the vial down before resting his forehead against the rim of the basket.

If it wasn't bad enough that he was on the verge of bleeding out the only remaining source of energy he had left, Kael's vision was wavering erratically, dark spots taking up a majority of his sight in one eye. Reaching up with shaky fingers toward the veins lining the side of his eye socket with his free hand, he could trace a thick, undulating cluster of veins leading toward his temple. Mentally contemplating on whether or not he should take a peek of himself on the blade of sword, he resolved against it; he was already trembling with laboured breaths at the thought of seeing those defined black vessels unyieldingly lining his surely pale skin. Now, this had only happened a handful of times in the past due to strenuous exercises and illness, but it had never spread out so far. Hopefully, it would only require the average amount of treatment this time, otherwise, he was at a loss.

After an extended moment of gathering his composure, Kael propped himself up to continue his search for anything that could help ease the pain. Although, before he could revive his scouring, a mellifluous yet heedful voice had rippled through the nearly silent atmosphere, causing him to instinctively jump to his feet and reach for the hilt of his sword, half expecting to be lunged at by a guard. Quickly turning on his heel, Kael's vibrant, polychrome orbs flickered through the scene with disorientation. He would close his eyes and shake his head roughly every now and again to adjust his weakening vision, however, his tight grip on his sword soon loosened upon registering the words 'Queen' and 'deadly'. At long last, they meet. It may not have been anywhere close to what he had imagined, but he'd reached the silver lining and that was all that mattered at the time being. Stifling a snort at Queen Emberly's attempt to subdue him with her feeble threat, Michaelis stepped forward but only managed to stagger to the nearest wall. Trying his best to hold himself up, he breathed heavily through flared nostrils and shook his head.
"A strange man slinks into your bedroom all while rumours of there being spies and assassins in the land float around the centre? I think you would've killed me already if your word stands true." He huffed tauntingly with a weak smile before lazily knitting his brows together.

Kael knew he had to tell her something, but how was he to know what she would and wouldn't believe. The longer he waited, the more suspicious he seemed. Mentally preparing a string of words, Kael's now gray gaze dropped to the trail of blood circling around the washroom.
"Your Highness, I can only go on assuming you'll believe my every word." Kael began, his voice ringing something gruff as he tried to straighten himself out and removed the hood of his cloak so he could get a better picture of the woman who was addressing him. "I am Prince Michaelis Saevrine. Before my brother and I could reach the shore, our ship had been raided and set aflame. It would seem I am the only survivor, and if that isn't the case, then you and your people are in grave danger." He continued, cutting his spiel short at the call of a well-deserved wince. The wound only seemed to be opening more the longer he'd stood there talking, and at this rate, he may pass out before getting to further explain his being there. "Listen, I would love to carry on this riveting conversation, really, but if I don't get some medical attention now, I'm about as useful as a mute oracle." Kael's patience was rapidly dwindling to match his weakening state. Suddenly, his ears perked up as he picked up another voice sounding from the bedroom. Great! You must be losing a lot of blood if you couldn't even detect this one. Clearing his throat, hoping the newcomer hadn't heard anything, Kael averted his gaze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damian flattens his ears, allowing her to place her hand on his soft head. Blood dripped from his torn ear, he had bite wounds, and was severely scratched, yet not a single cry or hint of pain could be seen on him. He saw showing pain, or sadness, as weakness.

The massive wolf shot his eyes back up onto her, as the scent of friendlies we're approaching. He looked toward the sky, Novah was soaring high up, most likely sent by Kalora. Damian tipped his head up high, and let out a calling howl to Novah. It echoed through the trees beautiful, and pinpointed where Damian and Scarlett stood.

(It's not exactly common knowledge Kalora is the Spymaster xD That would get her killed, haha)

"Ah, Numi, you're here as well. Good," Kalora said. Numi had likely been out by the sea somewhere, having missed the process of the events.

"Yes, we've figured out enough, for now," she said. "These people are humans, they have no memory of how they got here or anything. But they don't appear to mean any harm, and their story appears true." She smiled, knowing Numi would likely want to know a lot more. The girl's curiosity reminded her of her own.

"As a matter of fact, the Queen asked us to vote as of what should become of them. The options are exile, or letting them stay until they can return to where they came from. You are one of the people to vote as well, and I'm supposed to collect the votes. So... with this little bit of information I can give without losing track of things I need to look out for, what will you cast your vote in favor of?"

“Kaimana. Just Kai's fine.” she replied, looking him over. He was dressed more like a fighter than a partygoer, and admittedly he didn't look like he'd had much to eat in a while. Probably a traveler. She could hear a few people muttering to themselves. She didn't really care, herself. Somebody eating food at a feast wasn't something to be upset about.

“Not from here, are you?”

Seera looked past the queens frame, trying to catch a glimpse of the other in the room. "Well, I thought you should know, Zero and Nathalia wish to vote, and have arrived. I thought you were alone. Who's this prince? If I may ask, that is." Her curiosity winning over her better judgement, she stepped close enough to get a better look at him. "Is he an elf? As her sense of smell was terrible in this form, she quickly shifted, and sniffed the air, then shifted back. "Your not all elf are you? Maybe....., maybe part demon?"

@Lithia

As she circled above Novah heard Damian's familiar howl. She flew a bit lower and could see him and Scarlett standing together in the clearing but something was wrong. There was blood on the ground along with three bodies, and Damian had seen better days, though she knew he would never admit it. She quickly landed taking her human form just before her feet hit the ground. "Are you alright?" she asked very worried and rushing to him to check his wounds. "I know you like to be 'Mr. Big Tough Wolf' all the time but taking on three at once was dangerous and you know it," she scolded him in a gentle more worried than anything tone. "Your injuries are bad but not life threatening, you'll need some stitches in your ear, and some salve on most of these bites, I don't have anything on me except these herbs to dull the pain." She took some of the herbs out of her little pouch she kept on her at all times and held her hand out to him so he could take them. "Stay put for about ten minutes for them to take effect and then meet me back at the palace and I'll fix you up. I should have everything ready when you return." With that she gave a hurried smile to Scarlett, jumped into the air and shifted flying off as fast as she could.

When the apprentice healer arrived back at the palace she quickly found Kalora. "We have a problem," she said. "I found Damian and the girl, but there was a fight, I don't know the details but it looked bad. Damian was hurt and should be on his way back but you might want to send someone to check on the small clearing to the west." Novah shuffled a bit uncomfortably, "Why was he with her alone like that? Does he know what he's doing?" She knew it really wasn't any of her business but being close to the Royal Family she wondered if this would cause trouble, there were very clear rules about this kind of thing.

--------

Scarlett touched Damian's head gently, he was so soft. She thought it was such a beautiful contradiction that he seemed so strong and hard most of the time but he could also be soft and sweet natured. She couldn't help but wonder if she could capture all of that in a painting. And those eyes. They were something to see. Was it weird to think this after watching him pretty much massacre three men.. or jaguars? Scarlett decided that it didn't matter, he had saved her life, she would be dead if it wasn't for him and it probably would have been painful.

She stepped back as Novah landed, after transforming from a bird. Novah must be a doctor, Scarlett realized as she watched her access Damian's injuries. The whole time he just stood there like he wasn't even feeling pain, maybe he wasn't she couldn't be absolutely sure, she'd have to ask him later.

After Novah gave him some herbs and flew away Scarlett moved got closer to him again. "So I guess the jaguars and Novah prove you're not a werewolf then," she giggled a bit trying to make the mood a little less serious, her mom always tried to make her laugh if she had to get a splinter taken out or put cream that would sting on a cut. "Does it hurt?" she asked biting her lip and tilting her head. She didn't even know if he knew what she was saying while he was like this.

--------

"Maybe I am just curious as to why you are here, if you are dead I'll never get to satisfy that curiosity," Emberly said her voice matching his taunting tone. "Or maybe I just enjoy toying with my prey before I am done with it." She would not show any weakness to this stranger.

When he removed his hood and explained who he was Emberly wasn't sure if she should believe this man who thought it wise to sneak into her bedroom in the night. "Prince Michaelis you say? What a long journey you have been on," she replied still not sure if she believed him or not. He was making an awful mess of blood on her floor. She sighed, "Can you make it to the bed? I'll send for my healer." If he was telling the truth she didn't want to be responsible for his death , and if he was not, well Damian would have fun teaching him a lesson.

"Thank you Seera for bringing news of the siblings, I have special plans for them in my court. Now would you be a dear and fetch Novah for me and tell no one of this incident with this intruder." Emberly thought for a minute, "I'm putting you in charge of the guests downstairs please relieve Kalora and send her up immediately."

(On my way to see Jurassic world so I'll post when I get back!!)

"I doubt anything has happened, Novah," Kalora said in a reasurring tone. Nothing had happened. Yet. But when Nobah mentioned the attack, a slight sort of panic started to creep into her chest. So there was truly something going on? Were the people she feared had been sent already in the woods around Whisper? She took a deep breath, as to keep her nerves under control. "What did you see, Novah? I need details. No matter how small, all could be of help. If it is what I fear it is, we might all be in danger sooner than we want. And I'm not talking about the humans. They're, in my opinion, still harmless." She had warned him... She had warned Damien of the potential dangers lurking out there, and still they had managed to apparently cause some pretty serious harm on him. She started to pace up and down a little, a hand covering her face. "Yes, yes. I need to send someone, but who? I'm needed here. You need to ready yourself for when Damien gets back... We can't send the guests...."

Kalora glanced around the room, hoping to spot someone who could help her. She spotted a boy near the food, who was clearly enjoying himself. He looked like a mercenary. That could be good. And near him was a female who might be able to aid as well

"One moment," she told Novah as she walked up to the two.

"Excuse me?" she asked them. "I hope I'm not a huge bother by asking you this, but I am in urgent need of a person to do a little something for me. Apparently there has been an attack in the small clearing to the west. I cannot leave here, but I do need someone to check it out. There should be one of the guards there, but he is injured. Could you please find him and ask about what happened? Maybe look around a bit to see who might be behind the attack and if there are traces of more people around? It's urgent. The fate of the kingdom might depend on it."

@Sparkstorm1000 @Not Sure

Numi replies "Personally I think it would be fine if they stayed for now. I don't like their smell at all, but they don't smell like blood either." Swiftly after gicing her vote she turns back into a fox, and proceeds to go watch the 'humans' with an inquisitive look.

Damian shifted into his human form once Novah vanished into the sky. He grunted softly under his breath, feeling the herbs seep into his wounds. "Werewolf couldn't begin to explain me." He speaks in a growl like tone. He looks to Scarlett, and raises an eyebrow. "It doesn't feel as bad as it looks." He grunts, he could feel the dry blood on his bare back, and his ear stings, yet these are just more scars to add to his body. His arms, shoulders, neck and chest covered in scars, some that look like bites or scratches, others look like knife stabs.

Lucas didn't get a chance to respond to Kai. He swallowed the last bit of food on his plate and looked at Kalora with determination in his eyes "Sure thing!!! I'm always ready to help!" Lucas exclaimed excitedly as he drew out his katana in excitement. "You ready for some fun Kai?" He looked over to Kai with fire in his eyes.

As bad as his chances of convincing the Queen had looked, it would be a lie to say that hadn't already gone through this scenario in his thoughts the day before he made up his mind. Yes, it may have been an idiotic 'spur of the moment' decision, but if he had deemed this plan a failure before even trying, then the lives of countless innocent people would've haunted his conscience for years to come. Kael may have came off stoic and ordinarily flaunted his devil-may-care attitude whenever he got the chance, but truth was, if his family ever got involved with something that could be of harm, he would go to the ends of the world to keep them safe. And yes, that included trekking miles and miles on his own to the point of exhaustion and padding -not so slyly- into a foreign Queen's bedroom to heed and recieve aid.

Biting back his tongue as Queen Emberly shot snark back at him, Kael's brow involuntarily shot up.
Everything that I've heard about this woman being the fairest and sweetest ruler of the realm must've been sworn by a drunk. She's as sharp-tongued and snappy as I. Eventually, Michaelis was ripped out of his reverie at the siren of the other shifter's interrogative commentary. He didn't think much of her pryful words, but she caught his full attention when she began to take in his scent and analyze his being. Demon. The word pierced through the pit of his stomach, unsettling his composure as it seemed to ricochet off the walls, echoing teasingly. He wanted to deny her claim, but he couldn't bring himself to lie, they were shifters for fuck's sake. Even if he were to lie, he was sure their olfactories were designed to sniff out all kinds of beasts and monsters hidden in their depths.

Instead of replying, Kael defensively slinked away just a tad and hid himself in the shadows casted by the shell coloured door, his gaze flickering stern and observantly between the two women as the Queen instructed her sentinel to call up a healer, or at least that's what he heard. Feeling a little relieved when she ordered the girl not to inform anyone of the break-in, Kael's strained countenance softened a touch as he pushed himself off the wall and stepped forth. Her words said that she didn't trust him, but something about her air said otherwise. She could've disposed of him right then if she wanted to, but there was undoubtedly a hint of belief in her eyes. Nodding once as the Queen asked if he could make it to the bed, Kael chuckled deeply as he passed her by.
"Has a man ever said 'no'?" He retorted in a hushed tone, so his words reached her ears and hers alone. Okay. He was never really good with 'appropriate' timing, but lewd jokes commonly broke ice in every tense situation he'd ever been in. Without giving Emberly much time to counterattack, Michaelis moved around the other girl and limped his way over to the unnecessarily large, lavish bed. So, this is what I have to look forward to? Where's the perk in sleeping in a bed fit for a giant?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seera nodded, and headed down the stairs. She darted through the crowd, over to where the humans and Kolora. "Kolora, the queen requests your presence in her chambers." She pulled Kolora over to the side. "There is a intruder in her chambers. Do not tell anyone else." Louder, to the group of humans, "I shall relive you of your duties."

Scarlett watched in pure amazement as Damian shifted back to his human form. Seeing all his scars made her wonder what sort of life he had lived. It seemed like he was to familiar with pain and suffering even if he didn't show it at all. She didn't know exactly what to say or do in a situation like this, how do you thank someone for saving your life? So she settled on nervously wrapping her arms around him and holding on tight. Scarlett didn't really care about the blood she just needed to show him she was grateful and she needed to touch him to make sure he was real. "Thank you," she whispered into his uninjured ear, standing on her toes to reach.

-------

Emberly watched as the Prince limped to her bed. She felt a spark of uncertainty knowing that her late husband had been the last person to lay there besides herself. Quickly dismissing that thought she said to him, "It must be terribly uncomfortable for you to be in such a vulnerable state." She sat on the end of the bed and smirked still not completely believing him but this whole situation would be absolutely foolish for him if it did not hold at least some truth.

"You should also know that I have guards posted at every possible exit from this room so if you somehow manage to survive through the night do not think of leaving and making an enemy out me." After he seemed to be settled in bed she moved to cover him with a blanket in case shock set in and he caught a chill. As she tucked the blanket around him Emberly leaned in and whispered in his ear, "And the answer to your earlier question is no. No man has ever said no to me. But there has only ever been one man." Her words were thick with a sweet poison, powerful and weak at the same time. They revealed much more about her than she usually shared but she felt it was important for him to see her in a more vulnerable state as well. He may be inclined to speak more freely this way.

Knowing that Seera would send up Novah as soon as she reached her gave her only a small amount of time to speak with him alone so she got right to it. "So Prince now that you are comfortable in my bed and a healer is on the way do you care to share with me why you think my kingdom is in danger?"

------

Novah finished speaking with Kalora just as Seera let her know the Queen wished to see her. As she waited for Damian to get back she decided to see if Seera knew anything, "Is everything alright Seera?" she was unsure if the girl would even tell her anything. Seera seemed to have a mind of her own and Novah admired her for it, she only did what she wanted to and to be truthful Novah was a little envious of that.

Strange things were happening lately with the humans showing up and she had been informed earlier that Prince Everestt was feeling ill and wouldn't be available for a few days. It was nothing serious they had said so she wasn't too worried but she missed her friend.

Azure looked up as Seera came up, pulling Kolora aside for a moment in a very obvious fashion. Whatever she wanted to do subtly, most of the crowd now knew something was up. The blonde shifter rolled her eyes, suddenly wishing she had never left the forge. The palace was not the place for her, with all its frivolity and formality, and at times like this it became the center of activity and gossip. Thats another thing she didnt really enjoy, gossip. "Hello, Seera." Azure greeted with a small smirk, still standing beside the human, in between Dysis and Joel.

Seera finished talking to Novah. "Can't tell you, you'll find out when you get there!" She skipped off, and back to the castle. She was acting much younger than she really was. When she reached it. She sighed at the crowd, but began pushing through. She heard a voice. "Hello Seera." She turned, to see Azure. "Hello Azure! Fancy seeing you here!"

Azure gave a small laugh. “I fancied a swim at the wrong time, just as Damian was about to eat our new friends. I've been helping out with them since then." She explained, gesturing to the humans beside her. “Everything is under control, right?" She asked, meaning the short conversation she had with Kalora. She didn't want to know details, or even general information, just whether or not she should be on her guard right then. “Or should I show our guests to their rooms?" She asked, gazing around the room calmly while she spoke.

"Well, not under control exactly, but I can't really tell you anything else. Bu I suppose we could take them to their rooms" do you know where they are staying?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back