• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Whisper Wood (A fantasy adventure rp)

(It's fine I read it like it was said before the queen left. I'm almost ready with my voting post.)

Damian looks to Kalora, "we shall wait for the queen's return, none of the guests shall leave the premises." He spoke in a deep tone. He would be an excellent king, or ruler, due to his natural bossy manner. He stood straight, glancing toward Scarlett, then back to Kalora, "where have you been, I haven't seen you all day." He spoke softer now, more as a friend, then as an overseer.

The queen stood before her people in a gown of autumn red, her crown sparkling in the sunlight filtering through the roof. She took a deep breath and walked down a few steps to be closer to them. “People of Whisper, members of my court, friends,” she looked around at all of them as she spoke. “Much to everyone’s surprise today mythical creatures washed ashore on our southern beach. What we could only assume to be children’s stories are in fact real and they are here today. Humans.” She paced back in forth in front of her people letting her words sink in. “They have no memories of how they ended up here in our wonderful kingdom and my most trusted do not believe they are a threat to us. So dear people now I come to you as your Queen asking for your help in deciding their fate.” Emberly was very powerful and wise and that was in part because of how she treated her people. “There are two options for the humans. We can exile them, take them outside our boarders and leave them there to go about their lives however they see fit. Or, we can allow them to stay here in our village.” She turned to face all of them, “I will assign them each a guard for their own safety as well as ours and they can live among us until they either choose to leave or are able to.” Emberly’s gaze met every single person in the room, “Before you cast your vote remember that they are young and that they are not a threat to you or your kingdom. I thank you friends for being here today. You have until midnight to decide your vote. You may converse among each other.”

With that she turned to Kalora and Damian, “Watch the humans, make sure they are comfortable, it would be wise to treat them as guests. Kalora please track the votes for me, I will be in my chambers if there is an important matter you may come get me, if not you can handle it.” She walked away to let her people decide what to do.

(If everyone could have their character(s) vote that would be great! People who will need to vote: Everestt, Kalora, Damian, Azure, Seera, Numi

People who the Queen invites to vote should they wish to: Natalia, Zero, Lucas, Novah)

(Time is now sort of stopped until the votes are in, meaning it can’t go past midnight. We can still rp though, when all the votes are in we will assume it’s midnight and continue the main story. I hope that makes sense xD )

(PS. I'm dumb and didn't tell you guys that I put pictures in the location tab in case it's helpful lol)

"I was getting my thoughts sorted out after the Queen asked me to see whether the rumors of the lord of Emerald Grove were true or not," she said to him. "Turns out they were... He appears to have been communicating with the king of Entheas to plan an attack on the kingdom... But I made sure that it will at least be halted long enough for troops to reposition. And Emerald Grove needs to find a new ruler... Oops... Little incident." she grinned. Yes, it had actually been an accident, but she did not quite regret it. "Anyway, I suspect there might be spies, or worse, assassins around or on their way. So keep your senses keen, pup." Kalora grinned even brighter. She found it funny to call the younger wolf shifter a puppy on occasion, but it was merely used as a tease and never said in an offensive way.

"And when I got back I was asked to question these three," she added with a nod to the humans behind them. "And what's with that look you have towards the girl?"

Was it what she thought it was? That would be forbidden... But, well... she was a bard, and she had a thing for forbidden love stories and tales of things that couldn't be. Drama and romance. Adorable. "I guess I know what you're gonna vote, hm?" she said as she teasingly nudged Damien. "I've got my mind made up as well already."

Kalora made a small step away from them and cleared her throat. "If everyone could please state what they think that should be done. You can proclaim it aloud, whisper it to me, or write it down on a piece of paper."

Damian snorted, Pup. Once she brought up him having a thing for Scarlett he growled softly, his cheeks a deep red. "You know im faithful to the law, I would never." He grunted, and watched her walk away. She already knew he would decide for them to stay. He sighs, "you already know. I choose they stay. They may make potential apprentices." He grumbled to Kalora.

"Don't feel offended, pup," Kalora said teasingly, even sticking out her tongue to him. "You know who's saying it to you."

As she watched his cheeks grow red, she couldn't suppress a small laugh. "Even the most faithful man can forget his duties when he stumbles upon love. Don't you think I know enough stories about that? Granted, some don't have happy endings, but it doesn't keep people from trying." She gave the younger wolf a warm smile, actually finding it genuinely touching he was developing feelings for the human girl. Yes, it wasn't allowed, and it would mean trouble if anyone found out. But Kalora was quite good at keeping secrets.

"You keep that image up for those who don't know better," she said with a slight grin. It was an answer both to his statement of being loyal and to his reason for wanting them to stay. Perhaps in the case of the latter it was half true, but she could very well imagine Damien not liking the idea of the girl he liked leaving already. She didn't want them to leave as well. These humans were interesting, and likely they had many wonderful stories to tell.

"Well if you stick around the palace I'm sure there will be a feast tonight with all the people here and all." She had been leaning over the railing watching what seemed like most of the village arriving while they were talking. It made her sad to think of him not being able to fly for very long, flying was her favorite thing to do. "You'll get eat so much you won't be able to fly because your wings won't be strong enough to lift your butt off the ground," she laughed joking with him. All fun a side though she knew they should probably go inside to vote on the humans. "Want to go to the throne room with me and vote?" she asked, "I know my way around, the Crown Prince is my friend."

Scarlett quietly listened to the Queen speak to her people, she really was beautiful and seemed powerful, but it was a little unnerving that there was a possibility of being exiled. She watched Damian talking to a girl who seemed nice, she was the one who was with her friends. Scarlett couldn't hear what they were saying but Damian seemed a little uncomfortable. She felt a lot of people watching her and she worried about what they thought. She still wasn't a hundred percent sure who or what these people were, she had theories but nothing had actually been confirmed to her.

Once Lucas heard the word feast his mouth immediately drooled, but quickly wiped his mouth off before Novah noticed. "The Throne room? Yeah sure I wouldn't mind tagging along." He smiled, he was glad he found someone willing to help him find work, and maybe even a friend. Lucas eyes looked at Novah funny when she mentioned the Prince "The Prince eh? Well, looks like I got competition." He mumbled to himself jokingly

Last edited by a moderator:
Azure stepped forward to vote, speaking softly under the scrutiny of the Court. "I think they should stay. I doubt they would survive if exiled." She said, then stepped back. She didnt really know where to stand, but she ended up next to the humans again, specifically the male that hadnt said much. She leaned over, speaking across him to Dysis. "If you want the claw fixed, you will have to let me look at it and explain it to me." She said, then leanded away and stood calmly, hand resting on her sword out of habit.

Dysis nodded to Azure, yet grew wary when her hand lay to rest upon her sword. Quickly walking so she stood next to her, Dysis replied "the base is connected to the nerves in my wrist. So, if I were to say want to rotate the claw, I use the same nerves I would to as if rotating my real hand. Opening and closing in the same manner." Giving a sigh, she continued "this may be a tad too complex yet I'll give you a shot. But be warned, screw up and I'll most likely loose my entire arm..." Her tone having a grim edge to it.

@Flutterby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damian stepped away from Kalora so others may come up and vote. He walked back and stood between Joel and Scarlett. He didn't look at her, his crimson gaze was firmly held on something else. Possibly the trees far in the distance swaying in the breeze, or the clouds as the rolled along with the wind that kissed at his cheeks.

Feelings? For a human? Humans are weak. Simple minded and like children. Why fall for a squishy child when I have my pick among many of the strong women within the kingdom. He was lost in thought, his crimson eyes glazed over slightly. Once he snapped himself back into reality, he swallowed hard. His stomach was in knots, yet he couldn't be around these humans, nor the shifters much longer. He hesitated, before fading out of the crowed silently, and into the forest.

Azure looked at the girl, listening it intently. "If the mechanics are controlled by your body, how is it broken?" She asked, having hard time putting the pieces of information together. "You say it is not functioning because it got wet, but why? How did the water make it go bad?" The young blacksmith fought the urge to take the girl's hand to examine the equipment, knowing the human would likely run or hit her. And she was far too interested in this contraption to ruin the chance to work on it.

"Follow me," Novah said heading through the archway and inside the palace. It wasn't a long walk, the throne room had to be accessible to the people of the kingdom. When they arrived the room was filled with people. There were tables overflowing with food on one side of the room and small fountains of tea. "Enjoy," she smiled at Lucas. The tone of the room was serious but not hostile. "I'm just going to go place my vote," she said before wandering off to find Kalora.

When Novah found her she smiled, she knew her to be the Queens friend since she was so close with the Prince she was used to seeing Kalora around. "I vote to keep them here in the Village, I wouldn't wish exile upon most people." She wanted to talk her choice over with the prince but he still wasn't around, it was weird but not cause for alarm.

Scarlett watched the people around her, their attention seemed to be else where at the moment. Damian was beside her for a minute but then quietly slipped away. He moved like a shadow, and she wondered where he was going. She was still slightly afraid of him but more so curious. She had been around him the longest and felt there was a connection between the two. Scarlett didn't think she should tell him but she thought his tattoos were stunning and she wished she could sketch them.

She looked around the room and realized not one single person was looking at her. So she took a deep breath and headed in the direction Damian went. The cool evening air felt nice on her face but she did wish she had a hoodie or something. Scarlett was just in time to see a shadow slip into the trees, he was fast but she was determined. She followed him for a bit but stopped when she came to a small clearing. There was no going any farther, she would be right in the open and he would definitely see her. So she quietly watched him from the trees, he seemed distracted and tense standing there alone.

Lucas's eyes looked around the room in amazement, he didn't even realized that Novah left nor the tone. "FOOD!!!" Lucas exclaimed and rushed over to a table that was filled with multiple kinds of food. "Oh, I was that, and that, oh can't forget about this!!!!" He was so overjoyed to get an actual meal in so long. For a while, he's just been surviving of apple's. While he was making his plate, he was actually eating some of his food before it got on his plate. He was too happy, he didn't even notice people staring at him.

"Because it's made of metal, and metal is prone to have a bad reaction when water is added to the mix. Rust, or other wise known as Iron Oxide is what occurs when iron or an alloy that contains iron, like steel, is exposed to oxygen and moisture for a long period of time. Over time, the oxygen combines with the metal at an atomic level, forming a new compound called an oxide and weakening the bonds of the metal itself. The air here is extremely humid and this thing has been wet for quite a while." Giving a sigh, Dysis remembered that they most likely didn't even know what a cell was.

(Creds to Wikipedia. I couldn't remember how it was made)

Azure's eyes narrowed in confusion, trying to make sense of the jumble of human words she had just used. Rust, she knew that one. But there was no way to undo it once a metal rusted, at least not to her knowledge. They usually just replaced it, if someone was careless enough to allow their metal to rust. "And in your world, how would they remedy this?" She asked, hoping the answer would give her some idea what to do.

"Sorry, that's my chemistry corse coming back to me...anyway you most likely don't have CLR 'round here so if I remember correctly..." She chuckled, a bit embarrassed "potatoes have oxalic acid in them that dissolves rust. We could give it a good run down with one of them then replace a few of these broke parts"

"We could try potatoes, we do indeed have some of those laying around." Azure said with a soft chuckle, finding the fact that potatoes would help a little humorous. "If you show me what the part look like, I can probably make replacements in the forge. But the metals may not match exactly, and it will probably take much longer than in your world." The shifter admitted, quickly realizing that they must have much more advanced lives in the human world. But, they also were stuck in one form and disconnected from nature, so was it truly an advantage over the shifters? Azure pondered this for a moment, then dismissed it as something to think about while working.

Damian suddenly lurched forward, his body expanded and shifted into something different. Where he had been standing, stood a massive wolf, nearly the size of a bear. The creature stretches, and grunts softly, before lifting its large head to inhale the scents that clung to the breeze. He growled heavily, turning his gaze to scan around the clearing.

Scarlett gasped, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Damian just turned into an animal. He was amazing and terrifying all at the same time. She crept a little closer way to curious for her own good. She saw him sniff the air and she briefly wondered if she was down wind or up wind? When he growled she backed up a bit until she slammed into the trunk of a tree. She could still see him but was back further from the edge of the clearing. He wouldn't hurt her right? If he wanted to do that he would have done it already, she argued with herself in her head.

She heard a branch snap but it wasn't her, she hadn't moved at all. Confused she looked around wondering where the sound had come from.

Damian's crimson eyes snapped toward the sound of a twig breaking underfoot. He bared his massive four inch fangs, and they glinted a pearly white. When suddenly he was attacked, three men, dressed in black rushed him, One of either side and one behind him.

The massive wolf growled loudly, just as one of the men tossed a knife, barely missing Damian's muzzle. He reared up, and sank his fangs into the shoulder of the one of his right, the other two men shifted into jaguars, their claws tearing at his back as they leaped on him. He shook the man in his jaws savagely, his blood dripping onto the grass. Damian threw the man aside, whome fell in a bloody heap, yet as the injured man shifted, his gaze fell on Scarlett.

Damian growled, still on his rear paws, the massive wolf purposely fell onto his side, crushing one of the felines under his heavy weight, causing it to yowl in agony.

The last feline clung to him tightly, sinking it's fangs into the back of his neck. Damian growled loudly, tossing and tumbling attempting to rid the feline. He then felt the feline make a fatal mistake, it placed it's paw on his shoulder. In a swift movement, Damian sunk his razor sharp fangs into it's paw, it shrieked in pure agony. Damian tossed the feline to the ground, before sinking his fangs into it's throat, the cat struggled, clawing one of Damian's ears, then it was over.

Damian spit out the feline's esophagus, before his gaze fell on the first feline that had attacked him, it was charging something. Then his gaze locked on Scarlett.

It a burst of pure strength, Damian barreled toward the feline who was charging Scarlett. He leaped into the air, just as it reached out to swipe her with it's unusually large claws. Damian sank his fangs into the back of it's neck, a terrible growl erupted from his chest, as he tore into the feline. Using one paw to pin the feline, and with his fangs still deep into the muscle of it's neck, he flung his head upward, dismembering the feline's head from it's shoulders.

Damian stood over the bloody mess, before dripping the head, the feline's eyes massive with fear and agony. He panted, blood matting her silky coat, and dripping from his fangs. He panted heavily, his crimson eyes wild, and locked on Scarlett.

The day had been long and the conditions weren't any forgiving toward the sore and winded young Elf. For many a day he had been traveling through disgusting, humid marshes and blazing, vast meadows -neither of which were suited climates to his situation. After all, in his land it would've been a very chilly mid-spring, the cool air alone would've been enough to sooth his pulsating wounds and tender, aching muscles. However, He wasn't in any position to be complaining. Had he not stumbled upon that letter and been put on guard throughout the last few days on that ship, he would've been dead and Whisper Wood -along with countless of other kingdoms- may as well have been doomed. Now, Kael never was a man of faith, nor would he consider himself one even now in his miraculous existence, but he knew better than to overlook an opportunity to do something that could quite possibly save millions of lives. Groaning in both disgust and pain, Kael continued down his route with heavy breaths and staggered down the near vacant halls. Since when did you grow a heart? Less people, less problems, eh? Notwithstanding his misplaced anger, he knew better than to believe those words. If anything were to throw the kingdoms out of balance, war would be imminent and that could mean he'd lose the people he cared most for. That was something Kael wasn't willing to let happen.

Subconsciously readjusting the hood of his black velvet cloak as he came to a stop in front of one of the archways that stood directly under the sleep chambers floor, Michaelis doubled over on instinct and leaned against the stone pillar as he collected his bearings, both physically and mentally preparing himself to climb up those dreaded, thick vines that scaled up the walls.
Okay... alright. You can do this! Just... breathe and don't look down. Just don't. Look. Down. And without further hesitation, he took in a deep breath and kicked himself up off the wall, veering out of the hall and out into the equally as vacant castle yard. With knitted brows, the young elf scanned the area with deep skepticism. If he didn't know any better, then he would've thought that this was very strange and that he quite possibly walked into an ambush of sorts. But seeing as though he found that there was a collection of people gathered in the throne room going about their business, he dismissed the thought, but not entirely. Clearing his mind and directing his attention back toward the task at hand, Kael quickly turned on his heel and gulped hard upon seeing the distance between the ground and the third floor. Shit! Still and all, getting a move on was still a better devise as opposed to stalling and risk being seen.

Forbearing the thought of being so high up and without support, Kael quickly shook off his jitters and grabbed the closest vine, commencing the climb. One foot after the other, he quickly yet cautiously progressed up the wall. Knowing he hadn't much time before someone spotted him, he kept his eyes up and took bigger leaps as the vines became more scarce the closer he got to the third floor. Just as he thought he was in the clear, Michaelis reached his last few accels but lost his footing on the very last. Luckily, he'd managed to steady himself on a loose vine hanging by his right arm; though, that did very little on preventing his collision with the wall.
"Oof!" He winced upon impact, feeling a very sharp pain shoot through his lower abdomen. Yup! That cut is now open. Great footing, you useless oaf. Rolling his eyes and growling under his breath after taking a moment to collect himself once again, Kael finally pulled himself up onto the archway and hauled himself over. As he stood up straight and and took hold of the hilt of his sword, he felt a dull sting spread around around his lower midriff, and surely enough a slow flow of blood began to drip onto his dark brown leather boots. But that was nothing to stall for.

Instead of taking a moment to examine the damage, he continued down the hall and almost immediately ran into a lady's maid, anyhow, he still had just enough energy to filter her mind for directions to Queen Emberly's quarters and to conceal the fact that she'd ever seen him. Circumnavigating the plump, old, redhead when he got what he wanted, Michaelis took his leave and retreated for the room he'd seen through her conscience. Standing outside the door for a brief second, he pressed his ear against the large, intricately designed wooden door in search of indication that someone was occupying the room. To his luck, it seemed to be empty, so he picked the lock with his taloned finger and quietly slipped through a crack between the doors. Once he was inside, Kael exhaled deeply and closed his eyes as a heavy sense of relief, anger and an excruciating amount of aching washed over him. He was so tired that if he could, he would've collapsed right then and there on the floor without shame nor fear of being caught, but because he was now bleeding all over the floor, he needed to tend to his reopened wound first. Dragging himself toward the washroom, he began to rummage through the unnecessarily large amount of medicinal and hygienic viles found in the woven chest sat by the porcelain tub.
"Where the hell is the salve?" He muttered with frustration.

@Lithia

Numi wakes up on the beach where she apparently fell asleep. She looks around for Seera and doesn't see her anywhere. Seera must have found something real interesting if she just up and left me here. Looking at the sky, Numi notices that quite a lot of time has passed, but is unsure how much. She stretches her long, slender body and begins the trek back to town to see what happened with the prisoners.

Despite the attempts at secrecy, the trip the strangers and their escort had taken to the castle hadn't gone unnoticed. The market in particular was buzzing with rumors about the strange-smelling, oddly dressed people who'd been lead through earlier in blindfolds. Some said they were spies, others that they were shipwrecked sailors from some distant place, a few even claimed they were some kind of monsters.

Kaimana had been sitting in a tavern she frequented for about an hour, listening to the rumors fly. The drink was as good as it had been at the start, but the stories were getting stale. Right now an old deckhand was swearing on his life that he'd seen the strangers, and that all of them were at least ten feet tall.

“Then how the hell'd they blindfold them?” retorted a younger man, sitting at the same table as Kaimana. “I mean, what, they climbed up on their shoulders and tied sheets around their heads? Kai, you believe this crap?”

“Dunno.” She replied, pausing to drain the last of her drink. “Didn't see them.” Her chair screeched across the rough wooden floor as she stood up, setting a coin down next to her empty mug. “Guess I'll go see.”

“What, you're gonna just walk up to the castle and ask to see the monsters?”

“Yeah.”

He laughed, and so did the old deckhand. And they kept laughing, because drunks are easily amused. By the time they finished, she was already gone.

The walk up to the palace was short, but it wasn't one Kaimana made often. There wasn't much for her to do here, surrounded by important people who walked around in fancy clothes. The market was usually more interesting, and closer to the sea. Right now, though, there were more people around, going the same direction as her. Maybe she wasn't the only one who wanted to go take a look at the strangers. Or maybe there was just a feast. Important people had lots of feasts.

The crowd made it easy to get into the palace; the guards barely glanced at anyone coming in. Kaimana followed the flow of traffic towards the throne room, where the overpowering smell of food was wafting from. Definitely a feast. There didn't seem to be any ten-foot monsters in the crowd, which was almost disappointing. With so many people and scents, picking out one who looked or smelled strange might take a while. Shrugging, she made her way over to a table to get herself some food, grabbing one of the fancy plates. No reason to look on an empty stomach.

While she looked over the assortment on the table, a boy practically burst out of the crowd next to her, talking excitedly to nobody and looking at everything on the table like it was a long-lost friend. She watched him frantically shovel food onto his plate for a few seconds.

“Getting your money's worth, yeah?”

@Sparkstorm1000

Kalora smiled at Azure as she cast her vote and gaze a small nod. Then she half-listened to the co plicated sounding conversation between her and Dysis, on claws and rust and words that made no sense to her. Humans surely had a lot of knowledge they hadn't... It was then when she spotted from the corner of her eye that both Damien and the human girl he had been questioning had both slipped away. Now, she didn't think anything wrong of it, but it did give her a little bit of an odd expression. Damien had told her they were supposed to watch the guests, and that they were not t leave the premises, but now he and one of them had slipped away? That left her all alone with them, but she also had to collect the votes, so she couldn't exactly leave to find out where they went. Then Novah came to vote as well.

"Ah Novah, just the person I needed," Kalora smiled, her voice then turning into a whisper. "Listen, Damien and I were supposed to watch the humans, but now Damien and she have slipped away. Could you do me a favor and fly out to find them? And then please report back to me. I'm worried this might be something serious,."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back