• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom | ๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐šœ๐š”๐šŽ๐šข ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐š‹๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š |

Characters
Here

kalopsia.

๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š, ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ.

Season 12.gif

'Whiskey Bent and Hellbound'
| private story |
| only kalopsia. kalopsia. and captain_bumblebee captain_bumblebee may post |
| rated 'T' for Teen [ violence , gore , explicit language ] |

Abigail Marshall ( Winchester )

haley lu richardson in columbus.gif
Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: anxious | location: motel parking lot | interactions: Dean Winchester ( hopefully ) [ captain_bumblebee captain_bumblebee ]

It was a cold November night in Chadron , a small Nebraskan town with a little less than 6,000 citizens , tucked neatly away in the Nebraskan wilderness. A storm had just passed through , leaving the area with chilly wind gusts and the ground was still freshly drenched from the downpour. The air was heavy with the scent of petrichor , not unusual after a nice rain , and the ground still held enough water so that the lights glistened off of the pavement ever so slightly. The town was relatively quiet , save for the occasional car driving past , wheels splashing in the puddled water on the roads. Anyone passing through would never guess that the town had recently been racked with a rather mysterious and frightening occurance , local campers and hikers have been going missing on their excursions with little to no evidence how or why.

A young woman by the name of Abigail Marshall stood in the parking lot of a rather questionable looking motel , her hands stuffed into the pockets of her jacket and her hood drawn over her head , she had a backpack slung over her shoulders and a small duffel at her feet. Abigail stood for a few moments , gazing at one of the motel room doors. In this moment , her life would change forever - hell , it already has. Not just three weeks ago , Abigail's mother had been abducted , leaving behind nothing but a frantic phone call and a file filled with the name of one man - Dean Winchester.

Dean Winchester , a man that Abigail had never heard of before in her life , was now the answer to all of her problems and to a years old question that her mother would never answer completely. Abigail had been tracking Dean down for the past three weeks , hitching rides from people and using the information provided in her mother's file as best as she could. From what she knew , he was about thirty-seven years old , he had a criminal record , never stayed in one place for too long , and there was nothing in the file that mentioned anything about a job. Abigail removed her left hand from its pocket , revealing the old photograph that she gripped tightly. The photo showcased a man leaning against the frame of an old Chevrolet. With a sigh , Abigail picked up the duffel at her feet , and ventured towards the door with a large '19' mounted on it. She was sure that this was the room that Dean was staying in , as she had questioned the clerk at the front desk , asking him if he had seen a man who looked like the one in her photograph , the clerk pointed her in this direction. She stopped short , about three feet away , setting the duffel down once more.

'Am I ready to do this?' she thought, 'Of course I am , I have to be. I have to find my mother . . . What if he doesn't believe me? What if he doesn't care? What if this isn't even the right motel and I'm about to meet the wrong man?' Abigail's mind raced with multiple questions , all of which fueled her doubt about the situation. After finally working up the courage to move forward , Abigail stepped towards the door , raising her right hand and knocking three times. There was no car in the parking spots in front of the room , but the light was on and she was sure she could hear the faint sound of a television from the other side of the door , so she hoped that someone was there to answer. Waiting was the hardest part , waiting to meet the man she'd been wondering about her whole life. Crossing her fingers , Abigail waited anxiously , shifted her weight from her right leg to her left , gazing down at the picture in her hand once more.

Last edited:

Dean Winchester

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: hungry| location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: unfamiliar girl at the door

Rumors of a monster roaming the thick forest near Chadron, Nebraska, had caught the Winchesters' attention a while ago. They suspected that the horde of campers disappearing in these woods were taken by a creature to feed on, possibly a wendigo, especially with winter arriving needing to prepare itself and have enough 'in stock' to survive.

The trio had investigated the village upon their arrival, questioning the town's people and surviving campers to see if they could give them any clues as to what they were indeed dealing with. The villagers however hadn't given any information away, either because they didn't know or because they'd been trying to forget about what they had seen. A trip to one of the attacked campsites had given them enough information to confirm their suspicions of dealing with a wendigo. They hadn't come face to face with such a creature in years, and after everything they'd been through, they believed hunting down a meaningless wendigo would be a job done fast.

Easier said than done: now Dean was rotting away in the motel room, his chest bandaged as the wendigo had dug its' claws into his flesh after a failed attempt of burning it alive - wendigos were vulnerable to fire - and Sam and Castiel had taken the Impala to get some food. The oldest Winchester was lying on top of the bed, watching an old Western movie playing on the television, slowly dozing off into a well-deserved sleep. He was wearing one of his old flannels, still slightly stained with blood even though he had washed most of it out under the sink as soon as he had taken care of his injury. After all these years of hunting creatures and getting hurt, he was used to it by now, though it didn't mean that it wasn't a pain in the ass to have a wendigo tackle oneself and dig its' claws into human flesh.

The loud knocking on the room's door ringed in the blond's ears, throwing him out of his fatigue into a defensive attitude. Sam had the keys, so why would he or Cas knock at the door?

Dean stumbled out of bed, grunting silently as the sharp pain of the fabric rubbing against his wound - even though it was bandaged - ran through his body, sending shivers down his spine. He didn't have any weapons on him, having left all of them in the Impala's trunk as usual, so he had nothing to defend himself with. If it was the local police knocking on the motel doors, although they had no reason - yet - to do so, he was fucked.

The male grabbed the remote which was placed on a small round table close to the door, turning down the TV before making his way over to the door, peeking through the little hole at the top of it only to find a young, blonde woman standing there. She somehow seemed oddly familiar, though he couldn't quite place what it was about her he seemed to know. Perhaps she just resembled someone else? She was way too young to be any of his old flings, so - who was she?

Dean slowly unlocked the door, swinging it far open before realizing the person in front of him could be someone possessed, or any other supernatural creature posing as a teen. Alas, it was too late to turn back now, and by the look on the girl's face she seemed to be surprised that he had opened the door.

"
Can I help you?", he asked, raising an eyebrow. Leaning against the doorframe, he stared the girl up and down, not being able to shake the idea that he knew her from somewhere.
"
Who are you?"

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017

mood: holy crap it's him | location: motel room '19' | interactions: Dean Winchester

Green eyes shot up as the door in front of them opened. It was him , it was really him. He was taller than Abigail expected him to be , though she really didn't know what to expect as the picture she had was surely taken when he was much younger. Abigail couldn't help but stare for a moment , noting the slight amounts of blood that stained his flannel shirt. In all honesty , she was at a loss for words , looking like a deer caught in the headlights of a very large truck. Through all of the mental planning she went through about meeting him , she somehow completely forgot what she was going to say.

How did one go about telling a complete stranger that he was her father? That , believe it or not , a small part of them had been roaming the earth without their knowledge for the past eighteen years? Should she ask to come in? Maybe it explain it to him slowly? No , he needed to know right then , right there - she'd be straightforward with it and hope he wouldn't take it too bad. His voice drew her out of her reverie as her attention was brought back to him.

"Yes!" she blurted out , a little too excitedly it seemed , though she took a deep breath to calm her nerves and pushed forward. "Well . . . I hope so , at least."

"You are Dean Winchester , right?"
She questioned , lifting her hand to show him the photograph of him she had. "Well , my name is Abigail - Abigail Marshall . . . my mother's name is Sara Marshall. I think you may have met her once , or twice , I don't really know. . ." she drifted , catching herself rambling. She reached around herself , pulling the backpack forward to retrieve a picture of her mother that she kept with her at all times. Abigail offered this photo to Dean as well , it showcased a woman with light brown hair and dark eyes, "Well it would have been about eighteen years ago. . . and , uh , nine months later , she had a kid - she had me." she paused for a moment. "She never told me what his name was , not until a few weeks ago. You see , that's why I'm here , my mother was taken almost a month ago and the last thing she told me was to find a man , my father , is what she said. . . and well , she gave me your name."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is. . . I think - well , I'm like ninety-percent sure - that you're my father. . ."
She finished , hoping to heaven that he believed her.

Last edited:

Dean Winchester

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: o_O | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: daughter??

An awkward silence filled the space between Dean and the young woman in front of him, who seemed to be at a loss of words for what seemed a rather long time. She just stared at him, a pair of jade green eyes piercing through him as if they were able to look at his pitch black soul.

He flinched as she suddenly exclaimed an excited 'yes', before finally seeming to have come to her senses and continuing to talk, asking if he was Dean Winchester, as if she were confirming his identity, to which he just nodded. A soft frown appeared on his face as she handed him an old photograph, showing a younger version of him leaning against his Impala - back then actually still his father's car. Before the blond could even ask her how she'd gotten her hands on a polaroid of him, and why, she continued rambling, introducing herself and mentioning her mother.

Sara Marshall. Dean hadn't heard that name in almost over two decades. Years ago, when he wasn't even twenty yet, he'd been in a relationship with an amazing young woman for a couple of months before having to break it off to help his father with hunting down the supernatural. They'd parted their ways on good terms, both knowing she'd be safer with him gone, not attracting any dangers to her.

He accepted the second picture Abigail offered him, by now questioning how many more polaroids of people she had in her backpack, staring down at the woman portrayed on the photograph while listening to what else the girl at the door had to say to him. What words left her lips next though weren't at all what Dean had accepted, the male harshly looking up from the two pictures in his hands to face Abigail, completely baffled.

No, she couldn't be- it was impossible... was it?

"
You must be joking.", Dean replied, letting out a silent scoff. He didn't quite believe her, although his voice did indicate that there was some sort of doubt building up inside of him.
"
Yes, I dated Sara on and off for a couple of months, a year at max but- that was ages ago. I was... eighteen, nineteen maybe? She would've... she would've called me if she really - if I was... you know?"

Clearly uncomfortable, the blond kept stumbling over his words, not knowing what he should say, hardly even able to process the information he had just received. It was no doubt that the girl and him shared some remarkable similarities, from the dirty blonde hair to the brilliant green eyes - but him having a daughter? It was something he had never even thought about, let alone imagined it would ever happen. Why did Sara not tell him, if it were truly the case? She should've known he'd be there for her, no matter where he would've been at that moment...

"
Wait wait - you said your mom was taken?", Dean suddenly asked, by now having noticed what Abigail had said about her reasons of looking the oldest Winchester up.
"
A month ago? She was taken and told you to find me? Fuck."

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: anxious / doubtful | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Dean Winchester

Abigail didn't know exactly what she was feeling. She was a little excited , a little scared and very , very anxious. A wave of relief washed over her when he confirmed that he was , indeed , the Dean Winchester she had been looking for - a fact that was also proven when he seemed to recognize her mother.

However , Dean's words in response to her wild rambling caused Abigail to scowl , averting eye contact with the man. Maybe this was a bad idea , but the way he talked about her mother , she wasn't exactly sure what to think. Abigail silently agreed that it would have made sense for her mother to call him , to tell him that he was going to be a father - but her mother had to have had her reasons , right? Of course , Abigail wouldn't know - her mother never told her anything about her father. Abigail shifted her gaze once more to Dean , running her hand through her hair with an exasperated breath.

"
I'm not joking ," she returned , a hint of uneasiness lacing her voice , "and I don't know why my mother didn't tell you , but she didn't tell me either and I've been asking about you for years." Abigail's tone was slightly sympathetic now , she knew that this news would be something hard for anyone to accept. "She had to have had some good reason."

Abigail was slightly surprised with the way he reacted to the second half of her news , she held on to a small sliver of hope that Dean would be able to help her find her mother. She nodded at his question , "
I was on my way home from school when she called me ," she began to explain , "she sounded like she was struggling with someone , panicking. She told me not to come home , that I needed to find you and that you would know what to do." Abigail paused , taking a deep breath , she didn't really want to remember what she saw. "I didn't listen to her , I went home. . . but what I found. . . the house was a wreck , like a tornado blew through. There was this terrible smell , it smelled like the sulfur we once experimented with in my chemistry class, and mom was gone without a trace. All that I found was a file in her room - with your name on it."

"
And now that I have found you , I need your help to find her , please - "

Abigail would've continued if she hadn't been distracted by the sound of a rather loud car engine behind her. Turning around , she squinted as the headlights of what appeared to be a Chevy Impala shone towards the duo standing at the door. It wasn't until a few moments later that the lights cut off and a dark haired man in a trench coat stepped out of the passenger side.

Castiel

Castiel GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY.gif
Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017

mood: confused | location: Impala , motel , room '19' | interactions: Sam Winchester ( non-verbal ) ,Dean Winchester , Unknown Girl

Castiel sat silently in the passenger seat of the Impala while the youngest Winchester drove back to the motel. In his lap sat a bag with several styrofoam containers placed inside. The angel had joined Sam on a food run , the pair having to take the Impala since there wasn't any source of food within walking distance of the motel that Dean , Sam and himself were staying at for the night.

The roads of Chadron were bumpy to say the least , the angel having to place a hand on the bag of food to prevent it from spilling more than once. He thought of the hunt that the Winchester's had come here for. Of course , Castiel wasn't with them at the time , instead handling business he had elsewhere - but he came as soon as he heard the boys' prayers. Dean had been injured , and Castiel had attempted to heal the wound as best he could , but with his grace failing it wasn't exactly a success.

As soon as Sam pulled the Impala into the motel parking lot , bringing it to a halt in the desired spot, sapphire eyes instantly locked onto the duo at their motel room door - a young woman seemed to be talking to Dean. Who was she? Dean didn't look like he was in danger , but one could never be too careful in a hunter's life. The angel popped open the passenger door , stepping out of the Chevrolet - food bags in hand. Casting a glance to the woman , he shut the Impala's door and stepped forward. Both humans seemed to be throwing off an array of emotions. Castiel sensed uncertainty from Dean , the man was obviously uncomfortable. The woman , however , was very anxious and as she turned to look at the angel , something in Castiel's mind clicked.

There was something familiar about her , her features resembled Dean's and the angel could sense an obvious connection between the two , a connection that would usually be found between a parent and a child. It was obvious to him that neither of the two were familiar with each other though , and that was where the angel seemed to connect the dots.

"
Dean ," he spoke , voice flat as he glanced towards the blond man , "what is going on here?"

Dean Winchester

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: overwhelmed | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: daughter?, Castiel

Dean was utterly overwhelmed with the entire situation, having absolutely no idea how he was supposed to handle this. He knew how to smite demons, kill wendigos and other supernatural creatures, but this? The information that he could have a daughter, not having known about her for eighteen years, not having been there for her... how would anyone handle something like that?

The male supported himself by leaning against the door frame, his exhausted and injured body begging him to lay down again instead of stressing himself out even more. He appreciated Abigail's sympathy towards him, but he just couldn't fathom the fact that this girl in front of him was his daughter. Sure, he had been in a relationship with her mother almost two decades ago, and they had called it quits solely because Dean had to leave to help his father on hunts, and staying would have endangered her. Could this have been the reason Sara hadn't told him a thing? Or was Abigail just mistaken and he wasn't her father, but someone else?

He listened intently to what Abigail went on to explain about her mother's disappearance, concern growing on the blond's face, furrowing his brows at the mention of the house smelling like sulfur.
"
Are you sure it was sulfur?", he asked, slowly connecting the dots in his head. Could it be that a demon had taken Sara Marshall? Why would she have any ties to the supernatural though?

Sure, he had told her about it when they'd been a couple, not wanting to keep her in the dark, let alone leave her without a valid explanation. He'd never known if she had believed him or not, having explained everything in a letter the night before leaving and never returning.

Abigail's plea of needing Dean's help was interrupted by the sound of the Impala's loud engine, the car driving onto the parking lot, the latter feeling a wave of relief crashing over him as a dark-haired male got out of the passenger seat and started making his way over to him and the girl. His pupils dilated for a split second before they went back to their regular size, just as the man came to join the duo at the door.

"
Cas-", Dean said, his voice rough, yet showing hints of being glad that Castiel had arrived.
"
This is Abigail Marshall.", the blond introduced the young woman standing across from him, uncertain on how to proceed next. "Her mother was taken from her home. She smelled sulfur."

Dean sighed silently, running his fingers through his hair before continuing to talk, and explain things to his friend.
"
She also believes I might be her father."

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: uncomfortable | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Dean Winchester , Cas?

Abigail was grateful that Dean at least took the time to listen to her , watching with careful eyes as the oldest Winchester leaned against the door frame to steady himself , seemingly exhausted. It was apparent to the young woman that the man was most likely injured , the blood stains on his flannel shirt being the overall clue. She did wonder how he would've gotten injured in the first place. What it part of some kind of job? Perhaps he ended up in a skirmish with another guy at a bar? Whatever it was obviously didn't end that well for the blond.

"
Yes , I'm sure it smelled like sulfur , made me wanna throw up." she responded , casting a quick glance to the dark haired man in the trench coat , by this time he had ventured over to the duo and Abigail immediately felt uncomfortable - like she was suddenly being judged. The man's blue eyes seemed to have a dark effect as he gazed at her. Abigail felt as if his gaze were heavy , like it could see strait through her skin to her very soul. Clearing her throat slightly , the girl shifted her own gaze to the ground.

Dean had responded to him , calling him Cas. Abigail returned her attention to Cas when Dean introduced her to the man , smiling sheepishly , "
Nice to meet you." she spoke with a small nod.

Castiel

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: worried about Dean | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Dean Winchester , Dean's daughter?

Of course Castiel noticed that Dean was exhausted , he could sense exhaustion rolling off the man in waves. He wasn't surprised , with all that Dean had been through that night , the oldest Winchester was overdue for some well-deserved rest.

The angel directed his gaze to the girl as Dean introduced her , dipping his head in greeting - noting that Abigail seemed to be a little uncomfortable with his presence. Not unusual for someone meeting an Angel for the first time , of course , this girl didn't know that - yet. He remained silent as Dean mentioned that the girl's mother was taken , and the fact that she had smelled sulfur. Demons. What would they want with this girl? Unless. . . what Castiel sensed between her and Dean was true , then the idea of demons or any supernatural creature going after the girl wasn't far fetched.

"She also believes that I might be her father. . ." Castiel sighed at the statement , returning his attention fully to Dean. He tilted his head , a look of slight regret crossing his features - the angel already knew how his friend would take this news and only hoped he would be able to help him process it. "
Um , perhaps it would be best if you sat down. I know you're exhausted." The dark-haired man suggested , nodding his head towards the beds in the motel room. He knelt down to pick up the small duffel at Abigail's feet , stepping inside and beckoning for her to follow , he watched as the young woman seemed to hesitate slightly to enter the room , but did so eventually. The angel gave a last glance to Sam , who seemed to be sitting in the Impala still - most likely reviewing the trio's shopping list , before closing the door slightly.

Setting Abigail's duffel down near the kitchenette table , Castiel turned. "
Dean. . . I know this may be hard for you to hear," he paused , glancing between the two humans , "but she's telling the truth. You are her father. I can sense that there is a definite connection between the both of you - that of a parent and their child." He finished , confirming the girl's claims.

Attachments

• Castiel GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Dean Winchester
YYsp.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: overwhelmed | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: daughter?, Castiel

Dean sighed to himself as he followed Castiel into the motel room, his hand gently pressed against his aching chest as he settled down on the nearest bed. Abigail seemed to hesitate before entering the small enclosed space, assuming she felt uneasy about the angel's presence - however doubtful she knew about their existence at all.

"
He won't hurt you, kid.", the Winchester spoke up in an attempt to comfort the young woman, feeling bad about the entire situation. Not only was he overwhelmed, but he could only imagine how she'd be feeling at the moment. After all, she was currently on her own in a rather suspicious-looking motel with two men she didn't know, one of them even being injured.
"
He's a literal angel."

Although the statement made sense in both ways, Abigail surely wouldn't ever think Castiel was a real angel - unless she somehow knew about the supernatural world, even if it was rather obvious she didn't.

The sound of Abigail's bag hitting the floor made Dean refocus his attention onto Cas, his frown re-appearing on his face as the latter spoke up. The blond felt how his heart started racing like crazy, his stomach tying itself into a knot, the vein in his neck throbbing from anticipation. As the words were spoken, entering his ears and mind, the Winchester just stared at the floor in front of him for what seemed like an awkward eternity, not sure what he should be feeling right now.

"
I-", he stuttered, shaking his head before looking up at the dark-haired male with big eyes, "Are you sure? I- I have a daughter?"

Sam Winchester
original.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: confused | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: Dean Winchester, Castiel, unfamiliar girl

Sam had been sitting in the Impala for a while now, going through the shopping list again and again to make sure him and Castiel had gotten everything, especially when it came down to getting some extra bandages, disinfectant and painkillers to help ease his brother's agony. The male nodded to himself as he put the list away, only now noticing that Castiel wasn't sitting next to him in the passenger seat anymore, meaning he'd talked to himself for god-knew-how-long.

He shook his head, taking the car keys out of the ignition and stepping out of the Impala, grabbing the last two plastic bags out of the trunk before locking the Chevrolet and finally making his way back to the room. He hoped Dean was feeling better than last night, although probably nobody would feel great having had claws dug deep into their skin, knowing a dangerous creature was still running around waiting to kill some more innocent hikers.

The youngest brother held both bags in one hand, using the spare key to open the door to the room, not wanting to knock in case Dean were asleep.

His brother wasn't though - no, instead, Dean was sitting on the edge of the bed, wide awake, Castiel standing across from him, and next to both of the men, almost plastered to the wall, stood a young blonde woman. To say the least, Sam was confused as hell, letting out a silent gasp upon entering the room just in time to hear his brother's words directed towards the angel.

"
What?!"

Castiel

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: worried about Dean | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Dean Winchester , Abigail Marshall , Sam Winchester

Castiel simply stood , observing as Dean processed the information that was given to him. He knew this news would just add more stress to the man , but it was better that he knew the truth rather than be left in the dark about it.

The angel cast a worrisome glance towards Abigail , the girl seemed to be frozen in her spot , her gaze nervously switching between the two men. Castiel was about to answer Dean's question when Sam walked through the door , the angel immediately picking up on the youngest Winchester's confusion. "
Sam ," Castiel began , deciding to introduce the brown-haired man to his newfound niece , "this is Abigail Marshall. . . she's Dean's daughter." He finished , looking back to Dean , "It's true , Dean. You have a daughter. Which , I suppose also means. . . " Castiel drifted , looking to Sam once more , "that you , Sam , have a niece."

Giving a sigh , Castiel leaned against the table that he was standing near , "
I do wonder , though , what demons would want with the Abigail's mother." He stated , glancing to Dean. It was a logical statement to make , at least he thought so at first. It wasn't until he noticed that Abigail was staring at him with wide eyes , that he realized his mistake.

Uh-oh.

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: what in the actual hell?? | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Dean Winchester , Cas , Sam Winchester

Abigail was indeed uncomfortable , practically glued to the wall , picking at the hem of her jacket sleeve - something she usually did when she was nervous. Dean's reaction to Cas's affirmations sent a slightly guilty feeling through the girl , she could tell he was stressed , but what if he didn't want this? Abby was sure that she just made everything a whole lot harder than it already was. Her attention was drawn to the door when a man , who almost seemed to be too tall for any normal human being.

Abby shifted slightly , apparently the tall-man's name was Sam , and he was Dean's brother - her uncle. Abby secretly wondered how many more family members she'd meet in one night. The young woman was about to respond , when Cas said something that Abigail never thought she'd hear in her life. "What would demons want want with her mother?"

Shock was not the precise word to accurately describe what Abigail was feeling. Wide eyes stared at the trio for a few moments , trying to wrap her head around what the hell they were talking about. By the way that Cas looked at her , the young woman could only assume the man didn't mean to say that with her in the room , but it was too late now.

"
I'm sorry. . ." She began slowly , trying to figure out what words to say , "Did. . . Did you just say demons? Like , 'horned-creatures-from-hell' type demons?" She questioned , a nervous laugh escaping her , "You know how crazy that sounds right? They - they just. . . they aren't real." She exclaimed.

What the hell did she just walk in to?

Dean Winchester
YYsp.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: guilty | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: daughter Abigail, Castiel, Sam

Dean was just blankly staring at the floor in front of him for a while, unable to process the information Castiel had given him. The angel confirmed it, Abigail was indeed his daughter.

So many questions were racing through his mind, so many things left unanswered. Why hadn't Sara called him, told him he was going to be a father? Sure, they'd both been incredibly young, and it would've been difficult for him to handle hunting and a baby at the same time, but he would've been there for her. Hell, he would've done anything for her.

He'd always told himself if he was ever to get a kid someday, he'd try to be the best father he could be. He'd always be around for his kid, he'd play with them and teach them everything he knew. He'd let them know that they were good enough, and he'd never pressure them into being someone they weren't. He'd give them all the love he could, do everything in his power as to not make them feel worthless. He'd promised himself he'd be a better father than John had ever been.

And now, here he was, a kid, already practically grown-up, only now hearing about her existence. He felt tremendous guilt, even if it wasn't his fault that he couldn't have been there throughout Abigail's childhood and adolescence. On top of that, he felt sadness, knowing he'd missed out on so many amazing opportunities - but he also felt uncertainty, because while he had raised Sammy and knew how to take care of a kid, he had no idea how to actually be a parent, and not a big brother.

Luckily enough, Castiel's blunder had taken the attention of of the awkward silence and strange tension in the room, refocusing it instead on the blonde woman who was struggling with whatever words she had just heard come out of Cas' mouth.

"
No, demons don't have horns. That's just something the media came up to make 'em appear more... threatening I guess?", Dean casually explained, still too deep in his thoughts to notice he wasn't making the situation any better nor easier for Abigail.
"
Well, except for Tempter Demons. Though their little stubs on their head are a sad excuse for a horn."

Sam Winchester
original.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: still very confused + anxious | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: Dean Winchester, Castiel, Abigail Marshall

Confusion was still written all over the youngest Winchester's face, not able to fully grasp the concept yet of him having a niece, let alone Dean having a daughter. If Cas confirmed it though, it must be true. Now, who exactly was this young woman, how did she find them and where did she come from?

"Eh- nice to meet you, Abigail.", Sam awkwardly introduced himself, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him.
"
I'm Sam. Dean's brother... your uncle."
Rolling the last word over his tongue felt a little unfamiliar, in a weird sense wrong even, although he hoped this strange feeling would go away as time passed.

With the angel mentioning demons and Abigail's mother in one sentence however, it all started making sense in Sam's head. Perhaps the girl had heard about the two hunters and went to get them, to make them help her resolve her mother's missing case? Coincidentally finding out that the hunters are her family?

This entire theory was blown to pieces by the girl's reaction, which indicated extremely clearly that she had absolutely no idea what she was dealing with here - making it the boys' job to explain it to her.

"
Eh, well Abigail - maybe you should sit down for this one.", Sam suggested, at last placing the plastic shopping bags onto the floor to face his niece and brother.
"
You know those stories about... supernatural beings? Angels, demons, werewolves... well, they're all real.", the Winchester started his crappy explanation, awkwardly running his fingers through his hair, "And we're eh- we're hunters."

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: confused , overwhelmed | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Sam Winchester , Castiel , Dean Winchester

Abigail remained standing against the wall , watching as both of the Winchester men seemed to process the information given to them by Cas. Dean still seemed to be lost in thought , and Abigail could only cast him a confused gaze when the blond began to ramble about how demons didn't really have horns. It wasn't until the other man - the tall one - introduced himself that Abigail really began to process things , sitting down as Sam had suggested.

Abigail's mind raced as the youngest Winchester brother began - or at least attempted - to explain things to the her. That wasn't possible - it couldn't be! Monsters weren't real , they were just things made up in the naive minds of children to explain why the dark could be scary , or romanticized to give teenage girls something to become obsessed over. The young woman's thoughts landed on the last thing Sam had said - they were hunters?

"
Hunters?" she questioned , shifting her gaze between the three men. "What , like you hunt monsters? What are you guys , modern day 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer?'"

What the hell was going on here? All Abigail wanted was to find her father and bring back her mother. Instead she not only found her father , but she also found an uncle and a strange man who seemed to speak in only one tone of voice and to top it all off they really believed they were monster hunters.

"
There's no way. . . there's no way that they're real." she spoke , voice laced with hints of doubt - she didn't want to believe them , but something in her mind told her that they weren't lying to her. Glancing to Dean - the blood on his shirt - had they been hunting something now? Abigail's breathing began to shake slightly , "You're telling me ," she began , fear coating her tone now , "that the things we have nightmares about as kids - they're real? Th-that demons are real? And they have my mom?"

Castiel
Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: perplexed | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Abigail Marshall , Sam Winchester , Dean Winchester

Castiel knew that he should have held off on mentioning the situation about Abigail's mother until he could have further discussed it with Sam and Dean , however , he was not used to having to filter his speech for the benefit of someone who wasn't familiar with hunting - at least he hadn't needed to in a while.

Stepping forward , the angel peered down at the girl , who seemed to be in slight denial about the whole scenario - yet she also seemed afraid. Castiel didn't blame her. Glancing between the young woman and her father , it seemed to the angel that this was a rather complicated day for both Abigail and Dean - and he wondered what was still to come. Listening to the girl ramble , Castiel tilted his head slightly at her sarcastic 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' reference - something he was now able to do thanks to his time with the Winchester brother's and them teaching him about pop culture.

"Yes. Sam and Dean do kill vampires , though not in the way you may think." He responded matter-of-factly , before realizing that he probably wasn't the best one out of the trio to explain how hunting works. "Though , I do think it would be best for them to explain it ," he paused , casting a quick glance to Dean , then Sam , "they are far more experienced than I am."

The end of Castiel's slight ramblings only earned him a look of disbelief from Abigail , who in turn shifted her attention to the Winchester brother for explanation , "
How- how do you guys do it and why?"

Last edited:

Dean Winchester
YYsp.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: neutral | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: daughter Abigail, Castiel, Sam

Dean let out a playful scoff at Abigail's mention of 'Buffy the vampire slayer', somehow glad to know that she knew her mainstream media and was able to reference it. He just kept nodding at the other words leaving her mouth, mainly consisting of doubt and fear - which was obviously a normal thing to feel for anyone finding out, or rather hearing about the existence of the supernatural for the first time.

At the blonde's question why the Winchesters hunted down monsters like these, Dean cast over a quick look towards Sam before glancing down to the floor once again. He wasn't exactly sure what to say, they were hunters because their family had been too - but deep down he knew there was more to it than just that.

"
Because innocent people die.", he finally replied, looking up from the ground at his daughter, even if he still couldn't believe he was looking at his kid right now.
"
We hunt down monsters to save them, as they can't save themselves.", he continued, "These creatures don't differentiate between old and young, innocent or guilty - which is why people need our help."

The man lifted his shirt up for a second to show Abigail his bandaged chest, a serious expression on his face.
"
Wendigo.", he said, "Dug its' claws right into me. Probably has killed about six tourists already, roaming the woods. Local rangers think it's some aggressive grizzly, which is why we're here. The attacks will never stop, even if they killed every bear in the area, so we have to take care of it."

Sam Winchester
original.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: understanding | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: Dean Winchester, Castiel, Abigail Marshall

Sam listened to what his brother was saying, nodding along before chiming into the conversation as well.
"
It's the family business.", he said, receiving a lighthearted smile from Dean in return.
"
Our parents were both hunters. Mom died because of a demon when we were very young. I actually tried to live a normal life, no supernatural, no nothing - it's not possible. Knowing what we know... you just gotta help."

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: frightened , overwhelmed | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Sam Winchester , Castiel , Dean Winchester

Abigail didn't want to believe what she was hearing , but she couldn't stop the little voice in the back of her mind that told her that everything she heard was true. A chill began to creep up her spine , body tensing as she thought about all of the things she had been afraid of as a child - the monster in the closet or the one under the bed that she firmly believed would grab her foot if it weren't covered by a blanket at all times. Certainly these were just caused by the power of a child's imagination? Something that one would grow out of as they got older - or maybe they didn't.

Dean's answer to her question resulted in the girl watching her father with careful eyes. It was surreal to her , that she was currently sitting across from her father , talking to him. There was something about Dean's answer that warmed Abigail's heart slightly , something honorable in the idea that they fought these creatures , knowing that no-one would really notice or care to thank them.

Abigail features darkened when Dean lifted his shirt , showing his bandaged chest , grateful that the wounds weren't worse. She may have just met Dean , but the idea that he could have been torn to shreds didn't sit well with her. A visible shiver overtook the girl's body as she began to speak , "
Wendigo. . ." she repeated , as if she were testing in her mind as to whether or not it was a real word , "it's still out there?" she questioned , a slight look of fear caught in the young woman's eyes.

As if what she was learning couldn't get worse , the words that left Sam's mouth sent a fear through the girl that she had never felt before in her life , well , except for one time before - the time she found out her mother had been taken.

Abigail seemed to skip over the 'Family Business' comment , her mind focusing solely on the reason as to why the brothers started hunting in the first place. "
A demon killed your mom?" She spoke , voice raised and slightly shaking. The idea that their mother - her grandmother - was killed by a demon rocked Abigail to her core , and made her think of a question that she wasn't sure she wanted the answer to. "A-are they gonna kill my mom?"

Castiel
Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: neutral | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Abigail Marshall , Sam Winchester , Dean Winchester

Castiel simply listened as both Winchester brother delved into their own explanation of why they hunt all things supernatural. The angel standing soundly off to the side , between Abigail and Dean. From what he could tell , the girl was ever so slightly beginning to understand and accept what the boys were telling her , at least until the end when Castiel felt a sudden outburst of fear from the young woman.

She was scared - and rightfully so - that her mother would be injured , or worse even killed by the demonic creatures that had taken her. The way Castiel saw it , there were two options. Option one , sugarcoat the whole situation and promise that they would find the girl's mother alive and well - or - option two , be honest with Abigail and save her from even more distress if they don't end up saving her mother. While Castiel wanted to be hopeful , he thought it best that the girl be prepared for anything to happen. Stepping forward , the angel decided to intervene before either Winchester could reply.

"
Abigail , what I am about to tell you is not something that you are going to want to hear , but it is something you need to know. Demons are not something to be taken lightly , they are uncontrollable , unpredictable , cruel beings that are not always handled easily. We will help you find your mother , and I have hope that she is fine. But now. . . now you are apart of something bigger , a world that is much more cruel than the one you have known so far - and while I want you to have hope , you need to be prepared for anything to happen." He finished , offering the girl his best sympathetic smile. It was best for her to know what she would be getting in to , for her not to instantly expect a happy ending. The angel did consider , perhaps , that his opinion on the matter was void due to his experience with demons and the fact that he didn't quite process emotions as well as the humans did - though he does try his best.

All that was left from the angel's brief speech was a room heavy with silence.

Last edited:

Dean Winchester
YYsp.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: worried | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: daughter Abigail, Castiel, Sam

Dean felt a tremendous amount of guilt wash over him upon watching Abigail try to make a sense out of everything she was hearing right now. He and Sam had grown up learning about the Supernatural and how to fight them from a young age, and for someone who had absolutely no clue about it all, it was hard to accept the truth. Especially when that truth was connected to both her father and mother, one being a hunter and the other having been taken by a demon.

The blond nodded at her asking if the Wendigo was still out there, a fact haunting Dean to the point he got angry at himself all over again. It was still out there because his plan to get rid of it had failed, resulting in him getting badly injured and worst case another hiker being taken.

"
It's still out there.", he replied coldly, "We're going back out tomorrow, and hope we'll have some more luck catching it than we had this morning."

The man listened to what his brother explained next, subtly biting his inner cheek at the mention of their mother. Not only did he had to mention her, he could've left that little detail about how she died away as well. Although before Dean could reply, the angel did, once again making the situation worse than before.

"
Eh- she died in a fire.", he pretended to correct Sam, glaring at him before turning to face the young woman, "Come, sit down, Abby. I know this all sounds extremely scary at the moment, but you got me, your uncle and Cas now. We'll find your mother alive and well, alright?"

Sam Winchester
original.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: guilty | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: Dean Winchester, Castiel, Abigail Marshall

Sam was left speechless by Castiel's comment, noticing that it wasn't well received on either end, not Abigail's, nor Dean's. Even if the angel just wanted to help, his unfiltered speech seemed to do more bad than good when it came down to consoling Abigail. The girl had only just found her father after weeks of searching, her mother had been abducted and she had only now found out that everything and anything supernatural was real - and tied to her entire family.

"
Perhaps it would be best to leave this conversation for another time?", the youngest Winchester suggested, reluctant to speak after Dean had made it clear his last words would've been better left unsaid.
"
We can order some food? Or I can cook something, Cas and I bought some groceries? What do you like, Abigail?"

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: trying to calm down | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Sam Winchester , Castiel , Dean Winchester

Abigail wasn't sure how much more she could take. The idea that her mother was currently at the hands of demons - that demons were even real - made the girl's stomach churn. Castiel's speech didn't help at all , making the young woman hug her arms around her stomach for fear she might be sick. She closed her eyes , breathing deeply to try and calm herself down. It wasn't until Dean answered her question that Abigail was able to try and focus on something else for a moment. So the monster was still out there - however , in Abigail's opinion , Dean didn't look like he was in the best shape to go after it again. Dean's interjection to Sam's comment about the death of their mother seemed odd and Abigail wondered which statement was true.

Stepping forward slightly , Abigail took Dean's offer to sit , finding her place at the table in the kitchenette. His comments about finding her mother , and that she now had these three men to help her , made Abby think for a moment. She still couldn't believe that , not only had she found her father , but she had also gained a small family along with that. She only hoped she'd be able to fit in with them or that they wouldn't end up sending her away. "
Thank you , Dean." she offered a small smile. Abigail wasn't quite sure she was comfortable calling him 'Dad' just yet - after all , they had only met a mere twenty minutes ago.

When Sam spoke up , Abigail couldn't help but agree. There was nothing they could do at that particular time , it was late in the evening and everyone seemed to be exhausted after the days events - the boys with their hunt and Abby tracking down Dean. When the younger Winchester suggested food , the blonde girl perked up a bit - she was hungry. "
Ah. . . whatever you guys want is fine with me. I'll eat anything." she replied , smiling a bit awkwardly in her seat for a bit before deciding to try and start a new conversation. "So. . ." she looked to Sam , "since y'all said you'd be going back out tomorrow. How do you , uh , go about. . . hunting a Wendigo?"

Castiel
Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: neutral | location: motel , room '19' | interactions: Abigail Marshall , Sam Winchester , Dean Winchester

Castiel simply watched as the two - now three - Winchesters conversed. He stood stiffly , not moving until Sam decided to veer the subject of the conversation away from such a touchy topic. Of course they would have to talk about it again later , but now was time for rest and recovery. The boys would no doubt be heading back out to kill the Wendigo , and Castiel wondered if Abigail would stay back at the motel as they did so. After all , he doubted either brother would want the girl with them hunting an already pissed off monster.

Blue eyes looked to Dean , and the angel stepped over to check on his friend , "
Are you alright? I know this is a lot to take in." He questioned , voice lowered slightly to avoid the others hearing.

Dean Winchester
YYsp.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: confused, overwhelmed | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: daughter Abigail, Castiel, Sam

Dean's eyes shot up at Castiel's, an uneasy feeling swaying over him while he tried to sort out his feelings. How did one go about figuring out emotions linked to having just met one's daughter? A family member nobody had even known about for years. Two decades almost.

He tried his best to wrap his head around the fact that he was in fact a father, that the girl with the dirty blonde hair sitting at the other edge of the bed was in fact his own daughter and that there were now so many responsibilities on his shoulders he didn't even want to think about for the moment being. He still didn't understand any of it, didn't understand why her mother had never even bothered to try and contact him, to try and tell him that he had a daughter...

"
Just hard to believe.", Dean muttered back, a half smile on his face as he swiftly glanced over at Abigail who seemed to be extremely interested in whatever Sam was telling her.
"
I just have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. You know- kids they're... I was never there for her. I don't want her to... think I'm someone I'm not. I don't want her to be disappointed."

The blond let out a soft sigh, wincing as a sharp pain traveled through his body at the slight movement of his chest. What were the odds he would meet his daughter while looking like this? All beaten up, weak, pathetic. Sad. He was a sorry excuse of a father, something he'd swore he'd never be. Yet, here he was, sitting on the same bed as far away from his own flesh and blood as possible.

"
This is real, right? It's not some sort of dream?", he asked, looking up at the angel as if this man in a trenchcoat held all the answers in the world.

Sam Winchester
original.gif

Chadron , Nebraska
November 27 , 2017
mood: guilty | location: motel, hotel room 19 | interactions: Dean Winchester, Castiel, Abigail Marshall

Sam was glad that he had been able to turn the tide of the conversation, noticing how Castiel seemed to be talking to Dean in an attempt to cheer him up - or so he assumed. The youngest brother now needed to deal with Abigail, who was hungrily sitting at the very edge of the bed, looking at him with her big eyes which reminded him way too much of Dean, asking how they went about hunting wendigos.

"
You really want to know? Isn't it a bit too early for that?", Sam hesitated, the determination on Abby's face however clearly indicating that she was all ears for whatever her uncle was about to tell her.

"
Well, the only way to kill a wendigo is with fire.", the man said, turning to one of the bag of groceries to sort through everything he and the angel had bought about only an hour ago, trying to figure out what on earth he should cook for the girl, "So we usually arm ourselves with molotovs. As wendigos hibernate and thus try to store live food, we first try to find any trails which could lead us to its hiding spot, which is usually some cave hidden deep in the woods where it's difficult to find."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back