• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom While We're Young: Young Justice RP [Open]

"A car? No problem." Trip grinned, cracking his knuckles. He extended his right arm, hand adorned with a shiny green ring. Hard green light began to pour from the powerful trinket Trip wore. The light pushed out in front of the team, shifting and bending in real time as it took the shape that Trip imagined in his mind. It was a jeep. Specifically the jeep from Jurassic Park. It had plenty of seats in the back for the whole team, and Trip imagined it would be very fast. The construct would move at whatever speed Trip wanted.

"I uh... I don't know why." He said preemptively, pulling a very sheepish grin. "Sorta just what I was thinking about I guess." He shrugged, jumping into the driver's seat of the jeep. Once the team had all come on board, and once Aia had taken off, he would rocket along after her. There was something rudimentary still about this, about his constructs. He still wondered when he would start to figure out his signature style. At present he would pick and choose from any number of silly pop-culture things that existed in his head. He watched Lantern Rayner create giant wonderful robots, all from his own imagination. He watched Lantern Jordan create fighter jets and missiles. Lantern Gardener would create bats, rams, and spiked sets of armor. Lantern Stewart made simple beams and geometrically beautiful shapes. They all expressed themselves through the hard light they wielded. And here he was, in the hallway of a decimated S.T.A.R labs base in the jeep from Jurassic Park.

He shook his head. You haven't been doing it as long as they have. You'll get there. You'll figure it out. He wondered again when he'd have the time to figure this out. Was it a gradual thing. Did Lantern Rayner start out in this silly tacky scrub outfit and then eventually create his iconic crab-like mask, or was it early on. He hadn't been aware of the change in lanterns at that young age, so he didn't know anything about Rayner in his early career.

You're over thinking things again. He here now. In the moment. You have to stop this magic user. Lives are at stake. He took a deep breath and chided himself for thinking about this now, of all times. He was right. They had a job to do. He had a job to do.

Screenshot 2017-12-26 at 8.34.34 PM.png
Aia

When everyone seemed ready Aia shot off down the hall way like a prehistoric raptor seen in the movies. Sprinting down the hallway in an animalistic state as her nose quickly caught the scent of there prey which made her only pick up the pace as they rushed down the hall Leading them where the map was telling them to go but leading them by her nose not the map

Mount Justice:
Emeth returns to the main room after noticing the lack of voices and looks around in confusion. He pulls up the Zeta-tube and sees that he's apparently already left with the others. Then he realizes what has happened.
"Crap, I forgot to end my existence. And now I'm talking to myself. Well, if I'm left behind I'm going to enjoy myself until I get back."
He turns on the smart TV, pulls up Hulu, and sits back to keep watching Fist of the North Star.

STAR Labs:
Emeth sighs.
"First, it's Emeth not 'Math Man.' Second, do you really think it was a good idea to send a feral...whatever she was to rampage through unknown scientific experiments and who knows what?" He turns to Trip "Third, I'm pretty sure this is the jeep from Jurassic Park. It's even got the logo on the side. You'd better hope Universal Studios doesn't sue us, I don't we're covered for that."
He pauses.
"Wait, is it because there are dinosaurs here? If so are they from time travel, dimensional travel, genetic experiments, cloning, or what?"
He pauses again.
"You ever think our world is way too advanced in certain places while woefully underadvanced in others?"
He remembers his train of thought to get to this point. "Does anyone know what STAR labs was up to?"

tumblr_ntqo45IYHf1ute7gwo1_500.gif
Midnight nodded her head at the Lantern's suggestion, this time visibly touching Aia's shadow and connecting her to the rest of them. Her own link that she had created would remain separate, not wanting anyone to know. Unlike earlier, she didn't stand up all wobbly. Perhaps it was because this was just one at a time and not multiple people. "Done. Although... It might be uneasy for everyone, suddenly having someone new in the link." She warned. When he made the Jurassic Park jeep appear, she raised an eyebrow. Just what the hell about this situation made him think about Jurassic Park? A small smile came across her lips as she patted his shoulder. "We've got things to talk about, later." She teased.

There was an internal debate of whether or not she wanted to ride, of which she decided she would. Save her energy and all that good fun stuff. Plus, she wasn't in the mood for teleportation or running. She sat in a seat and Aia began to take off, Midnight's shadow stealthily followed. With being on edge about this whole mission, no one would notice. As they rode through the halls, Mid was trying to come up with a game plan. What would they do once they reached the vault, just burst in? "You guys, when we get there we should be on full alert. Obviously, she wants us at the vault which means there could be a trap set up."

Her head turned at Emeth's question. Way to lighten things up, she thought to herself. The whole thing was nerve wrecking enough. "Something stupid, life threatening, no doubt. They almost always are these days..."

Trip maintained his grin as people offered their various thoughts about his choice of jeep. He had explained himself somewhat. That was fine. He could leave a little mystery in the air. It's not mysterious. You made a dumb thing from a movie. It's fine. Maybe you'll all watch Jurassic Park later. Maybe that's what this has all been leading to. He took the shoulder pat with a smile. "Happy to answer any and a questions once we're safe and sound back at headquarters."

Aia had led them a long way down twists and turns. They had passed a number of glowing red eyes. It seemed that up until this point, the demons had functioned as a simple distraction, and now they appeared to simply be lighting the way to this confrontation. Trip wondered whether the Demons would actually put up a tough fight if they had to combat them. He supposed they'd find out soon enough. Aia had begun to slow as they progressed, so he slowed the Green jeep down. They had reached a large hangar style doorway that was closed.

"Alright. Pretty good idea what's on the other side of this. But. Everybody brace yourselves. I think we're in for a fight."

After the team had exited the vehicle, the Jeep faded into a pool of light which itself faded into the aether.

"I'm not sure what it's gonna take to..." Trip had begun communicating into the shadow link when the door began to open by itself. Well, presumably it was being opened by someone or something on the other side. This would be their enemy.

"Whatever she is, she seems to want to meet us," Trip thought into the link, "So lets oblige her."

Trip scanned the team. As soon as everyone seemed prepared, he stepped into the room they had arrived at, heart racing.

9ec207fa3a0d904d8ff90450cf8f57d5--anime-boys-anime-dark-girl.jpg
S.T.A.R LABS VAULT

Ashlynn stood in front of the open vault, her face showing no emotion at all. Her eyes blood red, her hair a dirty blonde, average height and in a hooded coat. A mist was behind her and only at her back. "We were expecting you... As this is our way of introducing ourselves... " she sighed as she walked forward, a red glow started to form in her hand.

"My name is shadow. Father always tells me to show good hospitality, so how would you like to form our relationship?" she asked as forms appeared from the mist. 'They will kill you.' 'Kill them first.' 'Run home.' "BE QUIET!" She yelled at the forms as they whispered in her ear. "I will deal with them in my own way..."

Kora Divine Woods

KORA

Age |Seventeen|
Gender |Female|
Location |S.T.A.R. LABS|
Tags | RingSlinger RingSlinger Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Pandaskel Pandaskel |

I AM MY OWN PERSON
Kora sort of smiled as she saw the construct that was created by her team mate the Green Lantern. She was beginning to notice a pattern, First the Bus, and now this? He had a knack for vehicles, road vehicles to be precise. He liked creating them, and used them on a constant basis, though he himself seemed to still be trying new things, figuring out his gimic and what would work for her. It made her reflect upon herself, and wonder, what was she going to be? She had the costume, she had the powers, but . . . What would she do? "Ultra-Girl", she had thought that name meant it all, who she was to be, but . . . She didn't want to be just another member of the Kryptonian family. She didn't want to be just a carbon copy of the Man of Steel and Woman in blue, although that was what she was exactly. Who . . . Who was she? She shook the thoughts off as they kept going, her right beside Aia leading the others to where their enemy sat, and The Green Lantern Trip right behind them, carrying the remaining members of the team in a Jurassic Park Style Jeep. She stayed focused on the mission, their first task, figure out whoever was doing this and stop them. But the more they moved the harder it was to keep her cool. The bodies just kept building up like ants creating an ant hill, the bitter sweet auroma of the corpses and their iron filled blood penetrating her senses and encasing her lungs with a fiber glass of complete and utter death. It made her grow angrier and angrier, until they reached the vault, where she could clearly see a girl there, waiting for them. She looked, from what Kora could see, around 17 to 20, modern build, nothing too out of the ordinary. She was . . . The one, she killed them all. To the others it may have been questionable, but nothing could remove that scent of blood and death from her body, of which she could pick up easily, as well as Aia most likely. She could feel all the rage that had bottled up inside of her grow, more and more as she experienced that calming and serene look in her eyes, no regret whatsoever. Her eyes began to glow a blazing red, and her body tensed all over. But, she didn't attack yet. As angry as she was it would have been pretty idiotic to run into a situation like this, especially since the woman utilized Magic. "Lantern . . . " She said, "What should we do?"

"I'm not sure yet. Lets try to see what she wants before we leap into battle..." Trip thought into the shadowlink. His fists were clenched. "What do you mean 'Form our relationship'?" Trip furled his brow. "Why did you kill all of these people?" This was the most death he had seen. He hadn't reflected on it, nor had he let it manifest in his appearance. He might throw up later. When he was settled into his quarters back at the base. In fact, he was fairly certain that he would. It dawned on him that he hadn't even got to set his things down. There was an empty room waiting for him to decorate it. Would every day be like this, he wondered. He hadn't expected it to be summer camp, but this was a lot more intense than he had given it credit for, contrary to his expectations, this had ended up being even more intense than basic training as a Lantern.

He couldn't focus on that now, though. He had to focus on the task at hand. Everyone was counting on him. Even Ultra-girl had turned to him for instruction, which he also found terrifying.

When the demonic girl had screamed for quiet, Trip blinked in confusion. It didn't seem like she was talking to them; they hadn't even said anything out loud yet. He watched her for sudden movements, mentally preparing the constructs he thought might be useful in this scenario.

tumblr_ntqo45IYHf1ute7gwo1_500.gif
Mid kind of just stood there, taking in the sight in front of her. Watching the girl snap at something was interesting and gave something away. She looked at the ground and while she only saw one shadow, it was bigger than normal. Could she have some invisible being attached? Perhaps, but then again it could just be the lighting in the room. But, she had said 'We' which meant that there could be someone or thing also in the room. The girls sudden movements towards her group but her look back up at her. In case anything went wrong, she needed to start working on a retreat method. "I know I said this before, but be careful. She isn't alone and I'm not just talking about those things she threw at us..." She took note of her demeanor and the questions Trip asked her before slowly moving towards her.

"My guess is, you killed those people because they were in your way right? A necessary death to your end goal? Or was it the shades doing all the work because you can't control them?" She kept taking a look at her shadow to see if there were any changes and when there weren't she kept talking. "So, Shadow, you trying to form the whole bad-guy good-guy relationship? Doing a pretty damn good job, I'd say."

Ashlynn tapped her finger to her head as Mid spoke. "You are very intelligent I see. That is indeed what I meant by our relationship" she said with no expression show in her face. "They were in my way, yes. But I do not enjoy the kill. It is hard for me to enjoy anything to be fully honest." and with that being said tendrils formed from her back.
The shadows on her back whispered to her. 'Kill them.' They are in your way, deal with them.' 'Retreat home, they outnumber you.' All good options, Ashlynn would have to choose one of them to follow through with.
Ashlynn shook her head, trying to get the voices away from her once again. "I SAID SHUT UP!" she yelled to them again. She put her hands to her head as the tendrils lowered into her back some.
RingSlinger RingSlinger Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Jade Emperor Jade Emperor Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

Screenshot 2017-12-26 at 8.34.34 PM.png
Aia was at the ready as they entered the vault. Immediately seeing there enemy Aia stuck close to Kora as there enemy spoke. Then the enemy seemingly screamed at nothing. Aia gave her a curious look. Something was wrong with her, Aia could smell it. Slowly Aia took a couple cautious steps towards the woman. Gently sniffing here and there before taking a couple more steps. Once she was about halfway between the group and there enemy Aia stopped. Sitting in a crouched position she curiously stared down the woman.
CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess RingSlinger RingSlinger Jade Emperor Jade Emperor

Trip continued to clench his fists. He was slightly taken aback by this villain. Just speak your mind, idiot, his internal monologue chided him, to which he nodded softly and took a step forward. Quietly, he cleared his throat, looking across his team for a moment as he edged closer to this murderous force.

"What is it that you want from us? What do you want from this relationship with us... and..." he paused, "why?"

He felt odd about having this discussion with a creature who had just murdered a large number of S.T.A.R. labs employees, but he also wondered how guilty they could find this person. She didn't seem all the way in charge of her own behavior. He wondered how much of this had been the demons that surrounded her. The back of his mind stored the several constructs he'd use if this did break out into a fight.

Every time this girl screamed, seemingly at other voices or characters, he wondered if even trying to have a discussion was a fool's errand.

"Team, I say we keep talking to her and see what she wants. She doesn't seem to want to fight. So lets see where this goes. but... be on your guard, watch the demons on all sides and be prepared to defend yourself." he thought into the shadowlink, glancing around once more to his teammates.

"What do I want?" she asked a bit curious. "This has never been about what I want... Only Father." she said. As she spoke, she looked towards Trip, her eyes seemingly staring into his soul. "As to the why..."

Her eyes grew wide as it physicLly showed a starp pain in her gut. As she recovered she slowly stood up straight as she looked to the group. An unsettling smile formed from her lips. "I am Shadow, daughter to Agrat-bat-mahlaht, step daughter to Satan himself. I may do as I please." she said as runes started to appear around her hands, glowing as they went faster and faster.

A ghostly demon appeared beside Trip as it tapped his shoulder, not showing any intent to attack. "Hi... Umm... The other one won her over and took possession of her... You may die..." it said quietly and feebly to Trip. "The only weakness she has is her rage... There has been enough death for today..." it said a bit shamefully. Before Trip could reply, the demon disappeared.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess RingSlinger RingSlinger Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Jade Emperor Jade Emperor

Attachments

• 9ec207fa3a0d904d8ff90450cf8f57d5--anime-boys-anime-dark-girl.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0

Kora Divine Woods

KORA

Age |Seventeen|
Gender |Female|
Location |S.T.A.R. LABS|
Tags | RingSlinger RingSlinger Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny Pandaskel Pandaskel |

I AM MY OWN PERSON
Kora's eyes widened as the demon disappeared, and her senses went into overdrive. Her eyes moved everywhere, trying to see him anyway she could, Electromagnetic spectrum, heat, anything. Her ears listened intently for the movement of all those around her. But she didn't act first, if there was one she had learned, was not to attack first without knowledge of her opponent, no matter how much she wanted to, she found it hard to do that sometimes but not this time. This time she was with others, with allies, even on wrong step and their lives could be in Danger. She looked down at Aia, and nodded at her, her sense of smell was astounding, she knew she'd be able to pick up the monsters scent. "Lantern." she spoke in their minds, "What now?"

"I... er... everybody saw that just now, yeah?" Trip thought into the shadowlink, looking across the room at his team as they stood before the demonic forces before them. "I'm not 100% what's next, but I think we might have a fight on our hands."

His thoughts shifted, pulling themselves deeper into the training he had received on Oa. Slowly green light overtook his hands, creating a pair of hard-light gauntlets. He was surrounded at all times by a small force-shield, though he wasn't sure that would do all that much against the direct magical blasts he imagined this girl was capable of creating. He would have to see. It was an odd sensation, as he stood there, poised to fight, realizing that he might very well see in a few moments what it was like to be on the receiving end of a magical blast.

Earn this ring he thought to himself, fists clenched under hardlight gauntlets, his feet spread apart in a combat ready stance.

"I don't know what she's going to throw at us, but be ready to fight. Keep as much distance as you can until we know exactly how she fights. See if you can spot patterns or powers. Engage safely. Once we have her a little more figured out we can move in with a little more confidence."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back