• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom While We're Young: Young Justice RP [Open]

9ec207fa3a0d904d8ff90450cf8f57d5--anime-boys-anime-dark-girl.jpg
S.T.A.R. Labs weapon facility vault.

Ashlynn walked through the scorched remains of what was a swat force. As she neared closer to her goal, her ghosts started to whisper. "So our neighbors have arrived.... Excellent...." She said as she snapped her fingers.
As she did, a rip in the air formed and released a few demons from it. "I am Shadow... Your summoner and your master." Ashlynn said to them in her monotone way. "Bring these Hero's to me... But make them fight for it." she said as they dispersed into the building. She walked closer to the vault, nearing her goal. As she neared it, it seemed to open as though it was expecting her.

tumblr_ntqo45IYHf1ute7gwo1_500.gif

Shyla rolled her eyes hearing Emeth had forgotten her name. She literally was on the ground when she arrived, how could anyone forget that? No matter; they had enough time to get acquainted at a much later time. As they sat on the bus getting to their destination, they were showed video footage of the break in. Even though it was all a sad sight, she couldn't help but make note of everything in the video from the girl to the surroundings. The girl truly piqued her interest, however, seeming to have somewhat similar powers to her own. She frowned at the thought, thinking that if they fought it would truly be something.

She was brought back to reality when everyone started getting acquainted with the new shadow technology she had implemented. "Don't worry. Your thoughts will be your own still. The link will only apply when you need to communicate with the team." She explained looking out the window. They were finally approaching S.T.A.R. Labs and the Lantern began giving out orders. 'So he'll take command?' She thought to herself, keeping these thoughts separate from the link.

She was to be taking lead with him and Emeth, it seemed and she was nervous. Training was something she had always done but, actually going into real battle was something she never thought she needed to do. She put her hood up as they disembarked from the bus. Again she knelt down and touched her shadow. The video from earlier went through her mind and her shadow traveled to the places she saw. After a few minutes she stood up and placed a hand on her hip.

"Doesn't look like she's still in the entrance or the hallway. As far as I could tell, everyone truly is dead. We have to find her before she hurts anyone else."

Aia

As soon as everyone left for the mission another door to the main hangout area opened and out came a small ball like robot. rocketing across the room as Aia raced after it with glee. Quickly the robot shot its way into the kitchen in which Aia followed. Jumping onto the counters to try and catch it while knocking things over in the processed. Suddenly she quickly came to a stop and looked up quickly. taking a couple big sniffs of the air she then immediately crawled onto the wall and to the cabinets. tearing through them curiously, breaking cups, plates, spilling any food in the pantry's that wasn't meat before she got to the fridge which contained her prize. opening the refrigerator door she immediately tore through the contained food spilling anything that wasn't meat everywhere before she found a package of hot-dogs. Smiling happily she took the hot-dogs, leaving the fridge open as she darted to the massive couches. Finding a comfy spot on one she proceeded to shred the packaging before devouring the hot-dogs hole. That's when the robot came shooting by again causing her to immediately continue her chase. Pushing off the couch and flipping it as she continued her original pursuit till she found the front door. Instantly catching the scent of Kora her objective changed as she raced off after the group leaving the base in shambles.

Quickly finding the hatch to outside the base she opened it and shot out into the water. Using her strong tail she rocketed to the surface of the lake. only taking seconds before she burst from the water. Landing on her feet she shot into a spring her arms tucked in like velociraptor arms as she ran (See photo for visual reference to how she runs) as she raced after Kora's scent. Naturally she wore nothing as she raced after the group. In all honesty Aia disliked clothing and would wear it as minimal as possible. Surprisingly Aia had rather quickly caught up to the group. Arriving at the compound as the bus landed on the roof she took a couple sniffs of the air before locking her eyes on the roof. Looking around a little she then got down on all fours and into a sort of track runner stance. Her tongue stuck out of her mouth slightly as she smirked before lunging into the air. She went flying over the gates of the building and landed on a lower side roof next to the one the team had landed on. Quickly Aia made her way up the wall separating her from the team and darted towards them. Shooting past Trip her eyes locked on Kora as she lunged at her with a smile. Aia tackled Kora to the ground her arms around Kora happily as her tail kinda wrapped around Kora's legs. "Kora!" Aia said in a cute voice as she nuzzled Koras neck with delight.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-12-26 at 8.29.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2017-12-26 at 8.29.42 PM.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 4

Kora Divine Woods

KORA

Age |Seventeen|
Gender |Female|
Location |Young Justice Base|
Tags | RingSlinger RingSlinger Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny |

I AM MY OWN PERSON
Kora smiled at the Green Lantern, nodding. Though until a little while ago, she had assumed she was human. And then her abilities formed . . . And a year later, she was on the Justice League team. Amazing. Before she could say anything else, she felt something . . . strange. It was if her mind had been opened, and she was connected to everyone there, their minds, their thoughts. It was a weird feeling, she felt . . . naked, vulnerable. She didn't exactly hate it, but, it felt awkward and uncomfortable. She shook off her feelings, and nodded at the boy who's abilities seemed so . . . extra. "Yeah, but my codename I suppose, would be Ultra Girl. And then it happened . . . The video played. It was horrific, a blood bath, people dying left and right. This . . . This person, they were killing as if it was nothing, ending so many lives, it wasn't right. "Sorry Lantern." she muttered, slowly standing up. "I'm not sure I can hang back . . . I'm going with you guys." she cracked her neck, stretching as she kept an eye on the window, seeing the demons from outside. Until now, the only things she'd fought had been Super Boy and Supergirl. But nothing like demons . . . Oh well, Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. But before she could even make an official move, her hearing activated, and she heard the faint sound of running? Who . . . Who was running? And why did it sound so familiar? Then she saw her, the white skinned girl who she had first met in the base, delivered by the Batman himself. She went past Trip, the Lantern, with that inhuman speed of hers, tongue slipping out of her mouth like an animal. "Aia-" before she could finish, the young girl crashed into her, bringing her to the ground. Her arms wrapped around her neck as her long thick heavy tail did the same to her legs. She began to laugh, smiling as she hugged her back. "Aia! What on earth are you doing? I thought I told you to stay in the base! How . . . How did you even get here?" She thought, and sighed. "Nevermind, dumb question." She lifted her hand, slowly beginning to push her off. "Cmon get off, you should say hi to the others."

Trip eyed Kora, vaguely concerned, but also careful not to overstep. He wasn't leading this team by any means. "I mean, do what you have to do, I just want to make sure you don't get hit the hardest with whatever magic we're up against here." Don't sound over-protective. You're all kids here. You're all new at this. You don't know how to do this any better than she does.

He turned his gaze to Midnight, nodding, "Alright well if she killed the guards and scientists and she's still here then she's after something. Whatever S.T.A.R is working on here is probably dangerous and should definitely be kept out of her hands. We should all..."

He was interrupted by the bounding Aia landing on Kora. Immediately his right hand formed a fist and his ring glistened, ready for a mental command. When it became immediately clear that the newcomer was friendly, Trip's cautious attitude was quickly replaced by one of confusion.

"Is this... er..." Don't ask if it's a pet. "What's going on here."

Caught off guard by the recently arrived Aia, Trip exhaled, nodded, and regained his composure, "We need to get in there and stop her before she can do any more harm."

Emeth steps up and turns to the group. "I can send duplicates in, but it won't be much use if we don't know what we're up against. I'd suggest figuring out a marching order and going in together. I'd suggest those best able to take a hit go first."

He tries to think of what can be done. The scientists are dead, the enemy doesn't care about collateral damage, and a very strange girl had just showed up. At the moment the first two were the priority, but people seemed more focused on the last one.
Oh, and they didn't know what STAR Labs had been working on. He really hated not knowing what was going on.

Crap.

"If your duplicates aren't copies, but separate versions of the actual you, then it's no safer to have them go in than for all of us to enter at the same time. As far as I know my active shielding should protect me against any initial hits, magical or not... So... I'll take point... Emeth, you and Midnight follow close, and... I guess Ultra Girl will be right there with us... just..." he paused again, "Be careful."

"The security is off so... we're just gonna push our way in" he mumbled to himself, creating a giant construct crowbar to pry the roof-entrance door off of it's hinges.

"Well... I guess here we go," he took a sharp breath before exhaling and starting down the stairs and into S.T.A.R Labs, mentally commanding his ring to broadcast directions into the mental link of which he was now a part.

"I've got my ring piping in directions to lead us to where the security footage of that girl is from... "

At the moment, they were finally going over a game plan. To her, they had been sitting idly by on the roof for much too long. As she was about to voice her opinion, someone -- or thing rather-- approached their little rag-tag group. 'I'm glad this isn't a stealth mission.' She thought to herself. She crossed her arms and watched the small reunion, all while touching her shadow. It was to make sure no new developments had occurred. It was a shame that she hadn't seen the whole building interior before, otherwise she'd be able to keep a constant surveillance. She turned her attention back to Trip before nodding in compliance. There wasn't much more to talk about.

When the ceiling was opened, she didn't hesitate to jump inside. She landed quietly and looked around her. She was grateful that they hadn't landed in the same hall as all the dead bodies. However, this hall seemed just as ominous; the broken and flickering lights and papers scattered everywhere. All of it was something out of a horror movie and it sent a slight shiver up her spine. She was now heavily on guard for anything that may happen, getting a horrible feeling of it all. Them being here, the circumstances of them being here; all of it felt like a trap.

'Be careful you guys. I've got a feeling things are gonna go sideways.' She communicated to her group.

Screenshot 2017-12-26 at 8.29.42 PM.png
Aia
Aia made a tiny yipping sound as Kora lifted her off. staying in the air by Kora's hand for a second a she outstretched her arms downward to Kora before complying with Kora's words. Her tail unwrapped from Koras legs and lifted Aia off of her. Once Kora was up Aia took a place close at her side while still being held in the air by her tail as she eyed everyone else, her tongue slowly slipping out of her mouth to her chin. Hearing every one speak of going in before the man in the green suit broke the door open. Silently Aia watched as the shadow lady silently rushed in and quickly followed suit. Lunging into the door and silently landing at the girls side in a low sort of crouched position with her hands on the ground. She quickly took two deep sniffs of the air before looking down the hall to there right and pointing in that direction while looking up to the shadow girl she was beside. Aia could smell all the bodies from where they were, smell the blood and meat of the corpses. She mentally debated trying to eat one of the bodies when they got there but quickly decided against it as she stood up.

Poking the shadow girl before pointing in the direction once more she then started down the hallway she smelt the bodies coming from. Eventually she climbed onto the wall and kept moving on her hands and feet every so often looking back to the others to make sure they were still following and t make sure Kora was there.

Cesar Julio Melendez

319115-c409a8d7efa964496ede9d02c0e030d7.jpg
CJ sat on the bus a little longer than the rest of the team. He couldn't go out there without first reaching some form of stability. He took several deep breaths, using reassuring thoughts to put some of his worries at ease. You're going to do your best. You're going to help keep everyone safe. You're going to come out of this alive.

When he was somewhat calmer and had succeeded in blocking out any residual nerves coming off of the others, he stepped off the bus and out onto the roof, watching the others discuss. Aia's arrival had been unexpected, but it was actually kind of welcome. Cesar had met her at the base earlier and heard of her from bring around Batman, Robin, and Nightwing. She was apparently of a vicious predatory species, despite her childlike features and demeanor. Even if this might not help against a magic user, he felt comforted with someone like that on their side.

He waited for the rest of the team to enter the building before entering himself. He drew a retractable bo staff from his utility belt and kept it in hand, just in case. They walked through the empty, dimly lit hallway, partially following Aia and partially following Trip's Ring.

Aia walked a bit ahead of the group, looking back occasionally. Midnight, UG, Trip, and Emeth walked in a sort of detached cluster, and CJ followed a meter or so behind. He felt all sorts of things during that walk. Nervousness, fear, excitement, anxiousness, assurance, predatory instinct, parental instinct, these and more were all things emanating off of the rest of his team. As for him, well, he preferred to concentrate on the external at the moment. It kept his mind off his own fear and insecurity about what he may have gotten himself into.

In the building itself, he felt something...dark. That was the best way to describe it - residual darkness left on the walls and in the air. Something void of light, life, love, or joy. Something evil. Something foul. It was like the smell of a rotting corpse.

This became even more so once they got to the actual corpses.

Bodies soon littered the ground they walked, some more intact than others. One was even halfway through a wall. CJ tried not to look but found it hard to tear his gaze away. He wished there was something, anything that he could feel from these people. But there wasn't. They were truly gone. All that was left was a single residual emotion: fear. It would have been better not to feel anything at all.

He tried to focus on the back of the person in front of him, not even daring to look where his feet were stepping. Trying to blink back the tears only succeeded in preventing the first few before they began to roll down his cheeks like raindrops on a window. He wiped his nose on his sleeve, not wanting to let the others hear him sniffle.

Suddenly, his toe connected with something soft but not entirely mobile, and he tripped over it, landing hard. He managed to catch his fall on his hands but couldn't avoid making a ruckus. Now the others would see that he had been crying.

He quickly reached up to wipe his tears with one hand while the other continued supporting him. "Sorry," he muttered for the others' benefit, moving to sit on his rear end.

He glanced back, curious as to what had tripped him. It had been the extended leg of one of the murdered technicians. But that wasn't the most horrifying thing behind him. Past the body that had sent him tumbling, only a few meters behind where Cesar had fallen, stood something big and dark and evil. A monster. Or, perhaps more accurately, a demon.

Last edited:
Midnight expressed her opinion on how things might go. Trip agreed. And then some. I think sideways might be an understatement. Shush. Say something reassuring. His private thoughts were a downer for sure.

He was still getting used to communicating over the mental link, but he cast a quick look across his team. Their faces, with the exception of Emeth, who wore a mask and was thus unreadable, were various shades of concerned. Trip took a deep breath, letting stale oxygen fill his lungs, before exhaling, and thinking into the link.

"This might go sideways, but we're ready for it. By any standard our team has a collectively unique and very powerful set of skills and abilities. We've all trained with the best, and like... beyond all of that, we're going to look out for each other. I trust you guys."

You don't even know them. You trust them? All of them? Why did we say that. That was some cheesy Hal Jordan-y stuff, my dude.
He turned his face back to face forward, grimacing slightly, where nobody else could see. Maybe it was cheesy. Maybe it was stupid to trust a group of people he had, in reality, only just met. But he did. He had to. This wasn't just a set of kids in an underground base anymore, they were on the precipice of real danger. There were forces at work here that could do them serious harm, and it was their job to handle those forces, to protect the people who couldn't.

He eyed Aia carefully. She bounded excitedly, reminding him of several cats he had known. Or maybe a youtube video he had seen once of a happy fox. She was light on her feet and didn't make a ton of noise, and honestly something about her enthusiasm made him feel a little bit calmer. He had never seen whatever it is she was before. He'd have to remember to scan her with his ring at some point to get a better understanding of where she was from, whether she was from this world or another. Or you could just ask, you weirdo. He'd have to remember to ask. Although that's an odd question. Maybe at a team hang-out they'd all discuss their origins. He cringed, subconsciously at that. He hated his. He always would. His instinct to make something up rubbed up directly against his previous statement of trust. Cross that bridge when you come to it. We have to focus on what's happening now.

The sound behind him caused him to whirl around. It wasn't an attack. It wasn't imminent danger. CJ had tripped. The team gathered to help him up. He caught the wet streaks on CJ's cheeks and instinctively lowered his ring-bearing arm. He wasn't sure if CJ would be self-conscious about crying, some people were. He wouldn't call attention to it with the equivalent of a big green flashlight though if he could avoid it, just in case. With the light now off of Cesars face, Trip cocked his head very slightly to the side, crouched, and placed his left hand on the shoulder of his seated team-mate.

"It's alright." he opened his mouth to speak, "You're safe. We're all gonna keep each other safe."

His soft smile faded as his ring gave a short shudder. A proximity detector indicating the presence of something hostile. His eyes traced the outline of something large and imposing, a body-shape he had never seen before in all of his time in space and on Oa. Instinctively he stood and stepped past his seated comrade, standing now in the space between the hostile force and CJ.

"Everyone. Eyes over here. Cesar, stay in the center of the group. We've got company. Take positions. Emeth, a couple of doubles to make sure we don't get flanked would be much appreciated here. I don't know how long this thing has been sitting here watching us, but lets see what it does now that we've clocked its presence."

Last edited:

Kora Divine Woods

KORA

Age |Seventeen|
Gender |Female|
Location |S.T.A.R. LABS|
Tags | RingSlinger RingSlinger Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving CombatReadyPenny CombatReadyPenny |

I AM MY OWN PERSON
Kora smiled softly as Aia jumped off of her, landing gracefully onto the ground. She sure was something else, the white feline like being. "Don't worry Greeny." she said as she stuck her tongue out playfully, "I'll be Uber careful!" She floated back into the air as she followed the others, quickly moving closer to the front as Aia made her way in front of them. She was incredible. She felt disgusted rather quickly, as they entered the area, dead bodies, corpses, littered the ground like grass on a field. She already knew to Aia it must have been a wonderland, and glanced at her quickly as to make sure she hadn't decided to stop for a quick snack. For her however, it was horrific. Sometimes having superhuman senses wasn't all that it was cranked up to be, as the smell of the blood and corpses almost made her vomit. She felt horrified as they walked among the hall, seeing the dead bodies on the ground, some so horrific you had to question if they were human bodies. Destroyed, ripped apart, screaming and tears on their faces. One thing she found similar on practically every one of their faces however, was a sense of fear. Wide eyes, tense muscles, rigid bodies. She clenched her fingers, curling them into a fist. This angered her, more and more, until she heard a loud thud, CJ falling to the ground. "Oh Cj . . . " she muttered as she slowly floated down, drawing closer to him as she hugged him. "It's okay . . . " she muttered, trying her best to comfort him. Her anger slightly subsided, seeming to fade away . . . until she saw what seemed to be holding everyone attention. Her eyes widen as she sees through the darkness, connecting with the image of the . . . whatever he was. Her face turned into a grimm expression, as a thought came to her mind. It was of Aia, ripping the demon the shreds, and eating it. Why . . . Why was she thinking of her friend eating the demon? Whatever, no time to think, no time to talk. She had to act quickly. She held onto Cj as she moved extremely fast, wind rushing past her as she brought him farther away from the Demon. If he could fight, no way was he able to right now. "Aia!" she called out, nodding for her ally to make the first move.

S.T.A.R. Labs Weapons Vault

Ashlynn brought the mic in the communications area close to her mouth. In her monotone voice, she spoke into the mic. "Hello Neighbors... I am in the vault. My name is Shadow... Father sent me here to make a good first impression... I hope you like the gifts. I took so much care in capturing their fear..." she said as she sighed a small bit that was heard on the intercom.
"Some friends of mine are going around the building... If you run into them, I am afraid you have gone the wrong direction. There should be a map down the hall. I can not wait to meet all of you."
With that, the intercom system went silent and Ashlynn walked away from the mic. The schematics were floating in mid air as she walked closer. She brought her hand to her ear as she talked with father. "I completed the grocery list Father... Where shall I send the groceries?" she asked and after a bit, the schematics that were in the air vanished.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Jade Emperor Jade Emperor Pandaskel Pandaskel RingSlinger RingSlinger Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Emeth creates 4 duplicates. One of them turns to the others. "We're all me, so don't act like we're expendable. I have enough issues with doing this without that."
Each one then uses Zeno's Paradox to negate any attacking coming their way by forcing it to move half the distance then half the distance, etc. to infinity. One of them realizes he's in the weakest position, then moves out of it, creating a break in the zone. Each duplicate is Emeth, so each values its own self-preservation.

After hearing Shadow's 'greeting' he tries to figure out what her powers could be. Likely darkness-related. If need be he'll create a miniature sun, but that's a last resort. Then he remembers he packed a flashlight and spare. Each Emeth pulls out an industrial flashlight and turns it on, illuminating their surroundings.

Midnight was raised to move quietly through the shadows when she didn't know her enemy. That's was she was trying to do until she was getting poked. She looked down to see that it was the newcomer, whose name she still didn't know at the moment. She was pointing down the hall, as if trying to tell her something before sprinting off. "Wai-" she couldn't even get the word out of her mouth. Working with this team, she decided, was going to be very difficult if they couldn't get their shit together. She made a mental note to suggest a team meeting once they returned to HQ to get a few things settled and then some training things done. It would be very helpful in the near future if they ever had to go up against stuff like this.

Turning her attention back to the task at hand, she looked around. There wasn't enough dark coverage to summon a shade, so that wouldn't work for long. She was trying to come up with plan B's and C's in case anything they did plan didn't work. Of course with everything going on, she couldn't concentrate. Especially when her teammates were tripping over dead bodies. She peeled off from the wall so she would be in full view and turned to face CJ.

'You'll be okay, I promise. We're gonna finish up this mission and then be back at HQ before you know it.' She was doing her best to reassure her team and could only hope it was working. The unsub wasn't making it easier, as she made another announcement. Her name was Shadow, and Midnight immediately suspected she may have powers similar to hers. She did not like that at all and was immediately back on edge. "She's a complete sociopath.."

Screenshot 2017-12-26 at 8.34.34 PM.png
Aia

Aia had been happily leading the group until CJ fell to the ground. quickly looking back to see everyone taking care of there fallen member she too this time and quickly found a mostly intact body nearby. She was about to rip in before something seemed to catch everyone's attention. her head whipped in the direction of the demon as Kora yelled for her putting Aia on the offensive in nanoseconds. Aia launched to the ceiling above the group then, using her tail and her legs burst off the ceiling at the demon Aia's mouth wide and her fangs bared as she hit the beast and immediately wrapped her tail around it neck as she plunged her teeth into the foreign entity as she attempted to squeeze its neck till its head poped off

The broad-shouldered demon seemed to sink under Aia's weight, falling to the ground before unsubstantiating into a hazy, darkened cloud of mist. Aia would find herself sitting on the floor, no longer atop a demon, as the mist cloud seemed to float several feet away before rematerializing in the form it had held before Aia's attack. The bestial face of the demon seemed to grin. It cocked its head in a manner that almost seemed playful before raising a single arm towards the team. The hand, palm upwards, curled its fingers up, as if to say Follow me, before turning away from the team and shambling away, with the gait of strange primate.

The demon lumbered several feet further away from the team before turning and gazing at the team. It cocked its bulbous head once again, motioning once more for the team to follow. This time it didn't turn away though, keeping its eyes locked on the young heroes and remaining motionless.

"I think... " don't make the wrong call here. Also why are you making calls. You're not in charge of this. You're just one member of this team. "I think we should follow it. This thing has a leader somewhere and I think it wants to take us to her. So. Stay fresh, look out for traps. But if we're gonna stop this thing at the source we should find our way to the source... and I think that's where this thing wants to take us."

Trip had his non-dominant hand braced against his ring-bearing arm, prepared to unleash a powerful hard light beam against this monster. This is so weird. Demons? He knew the supernatural existed. He had been trained and taught, but he had only ever gone up against space pirates, and that had been under the strict supervision of Lanterns Rayner and Gardener.

This was a brand new ball-game.

Cesar Julio Melendez

319115-c409a8d7efa964496ede9d02c0e030d7.jpg
CJ clung to Kora as she moved him down the hall. His eyes never left what Shadow had called her "friends" - though he highly doubted she or these creatures were capable of producing the warmth felt in friendship. Kora set him down gently and let go, but continued to hover nearby as the others prepared themselves for battle as well.

"Everyone. Eyes over here," Trip directed. "Cesar, stay in the center of the group. We've got company. Take positions. Emeth, a couple of doubles to make sure we don't get flanked would be much appreciated here. I don't know how long this thing has been sitting here watching us, but lets see what it does now that we've clocked its presence."

Emeth complied, as did CJ. Aia was the first to actually dare an attack, after being called by Kora. Her graceful but fierce figure was illuminated by the Emeths' flashlights as she wrapped her tail around the demon and dug into what seemed to be its neck with her powerful jaws and razor-like teeth.

She was soon on the floor, though, as the creature dematerialized into a dark fog and moved away. It reformed further down the hall and seemed to give them a bit of a cocky smile. The beast motioned for them to follow as it turned and ambled away, stopping after a couple meters or so to turn back and gesture to them once more.

Cesar looked the thing over, examining it from head to toe. "I think... I think we should follow it," he heard from Trip through the shadow link. "This thing has a leader somewhere and I think it wants to take us to her. So. Stay fresh, look out for traps. But if we're gonna stop this thing at the source we should find our way to the source... and I think that's where this thing wants to take us."

CJ bit his lip, looking at the others. The last thing he wanted was for any of them to get anywhere near that thing. It was an emotional black hole, every sensation radiating from it coated with a layer of darkness. What should have been playfulness was instead patronizing mockery. He hated it, hated it, hated it with a level of anger and disgust that surprised him. He found himself baring his teeth as if he intended to snarl at the thing.

Then, something interesting caught his eye. One of the Emeths' flashlights, which was trained on the beast, caught something in its beam. There, behind the demon and sitting at the end of the hall was a larger sheet of paper than the ones scattered about. It was grid paper, schematics by the looks of it. "I don't think it's leading us to its boss," he commented, stepping forward. "I think it's taking us to the map."

Before anyone could protest, he walked forward briskly, passing the Emeths, Kora, Midnight, Trip, and Aia on his way to confront the beast. It was like something had come over him, something that didn't want anyone else near it. Like it was his job and his job alone to retrieve the document. Later, he would figure that he would rather be the one to approach the demon since he could feel what it truly was, while the others could only see what was on the outside.

Cesar soon stood before the creature, teeth gritted against the urge to run in the opposite direction and never stop. It looked at him, a sort of lightless fire burning behind its eyes. Seemingly sensing his rage against it, it gave another pretentious grin before motioning with one arm and stepping away, giving CJ passage to the map.

He stiffly stepped forward, crouching to retrieve the map and roll it up. He could feel the evil at his back like an intensified version of the way one sometimes experiences the queer sensation of being watched.

Once his self proclaimed duty was done, he stood once more and turned. The thing was staring at him. CJ almost gagged at the emotional stench that only he could feel.

It gave an almost flirtatious wave of its fingers as a parting gesture before dissipating, once more becoming that dark mist they had seen earlier. It sped past him and disappeared from view.

"So, um..." CJ began, glancing at the others sheepishly and fidgeting with the map in his hand. "Anybody good with navigation?"

Kora Divine Woods

KORA

Age |Seventeen|
Gender |Female|
Location |S.T.A.R. LABS|

I AM MY OWN PERSON
Kora smiled softly as Aia jumped up, instantly and quickly attacking the beast. "Atta girl!" she yelled out as she let go of her team mate CJ. She floated in the air, before preparing with a follow up attack for Aia. Koras eyes slowly began to glow a bright red, before she stopped as she heard the voice of who she assumed to be her enemy. "Insane." she muttered, glaring. "She's a sociopath." She floated back down to the ground as she saw the demon turn into a dark mist, having thought it was dead, only to realize that it reformed, turning back into it's origin state. She reeled her arm back, fist clenched as she prepared to attack him again, but was stopped as Trip told them to follow himm. "Fine . . . " she muttered, irritated of the fact that they actually had to follow this girl and her sick immoral game. Her eyes scanned the walls, where she was hoping to be able to find their enemy the easy way, but . . . she couldn't do it. She began to panic, wondering if her abilities were weakening or she was losing them, only to remember she was still flying, and she was able to see through the bodies of her allies, and see their organs. Even Aia's, though, her inner workings were . . . different, than the rest. Her thoughts flashed back to what her mentors had told her about Kryptonian Physiology, their abilities and how they worked. Lead was the on thing she wouldn't be able to see through, and these walls were bathed in them. "Damn high tech labs." she spat, floating closer to Aia as the young girl jumped up and wrapped around Kora protectively. "Cj's right." Kora said as she saw passed the demonic creature, seeing the floating instructions and quickly scanning over them, memorizing them. She saw Cj step towards the creature, and almost sped forward to stop and intercept him, but instead, she didn't. She didn't know what he was planning, but from the look on his face he seemed heavily intent on going through with it. She watched carefully as he used his abilities, doing . . . whatever it was that he was doing, and when he was done, he took the map, asking if anyone was good with directions. She laughed lightly, and nodded. "I could help with that, and so could Aia, I think." She looked at the animalistic feline female, petting her head softly. "She has some Hunter instinct."

Everything was happening around her faster than expected. It was also crazier than she had expected. Her mother hadn't warned her of any crazy sociopaths or demons running amok. She would be sure to give her an earful once they had returned to base. Fighting demons was not something she wanted to do or had even signed up for. Well, protecting innocents was something she had signed up to do so perhaps this just came with the territory?

Her own private thoughts were interrupted with that of her teammates. CJ was going towards the creature, even though moments before he was trying to stay away. But she didn't reach for him or react to it for the moment. She'd be prepared, of course, if anything were to suddenly happen, discreetly stepping on the creatures shadow. When nothing did, she gave a deep exhale not even realizing she wasn't breathing. 'What a brave little group.'

Her eyes drifted to the map that he was now the owner of and she looked at it intensely. Now that the creature had dissipated, it's shadow went with it and she would be currently useless in trying to trace it's origins. Good thing they had Aia on their side. For her own reasons, she again discreetly tapped Aia's shadow. In case the newcomer had run too far ahead, she'd be able to follow her shadow through the building. "Then let's get to it. Lead the way so we can stop little Ms. Shadow and get out of here. It's giving me the creeps."

Screenshot 2017-12-26 at 8.34.34 PM.png
Aia

Aia was puzzled as the creature dissipated from under her and reformed. Listening quietly as the others spoke and such. When Kora had come up Aia had hopped onto her happily as she watched one of there teammates head to the beast and come back with a map. Hearing Kora talk of her then pet her head Aia replied by gently licking Koras Left cheek with her long tongue before hopping off and looking around curiously waiting for more instructions from Kora. Though she already had the scent of there target she waited for the ok to go off hunting from Kora​

Emeth finally takes the time to look at Aia.
"Okay, who the heck is that? I thought if I didn't bring it up it would be answered, but I'm weirded out right now."
He then remembers the real issue. "Any updates, Trip Girl?"

As CJ walked towards the Demon, Trip felt a similar instinct to that felt by Kora, and similarly, he restrained himself. He's braver than you. Trip hushed this voice in his head as CJ got closer and closer to perceived danger. Here he is. Overcoming great fear. He was so scared before, and now look at him. He deserves it more than you do. Trip shook his head for a moment before looking up again. CJ stood before them, holding a map. Trip stared straight into the young man's eyes, across his face a big, proud smile. He didn't have to protect CJ the way he thought he did. His team-mate was going to just fine. They were going to keep each other safe, just like he had said.

"Her name is Aia" Trip replied, shrugging. "She's... uh... Ultra-Girl's friend I guess? And apparently part of this team? She seems strong and fast, so, I'm on board."

Trip looked at Midnight with a soft grin, "Agreed. Lets get a move on. We've got a spooky demon girl to take down." He wondered for a moment what sort of mental toll maintaining this shadowlink between them all had on her. He was hesitant, but he felt this would have to come up, "Speaking of Aia though, Midnight, I don't think she got added to the link? Is it easy enough for you to add another perso... er... To add... Aia to the shadowlink?"

Trip began walking towards where CJ stood, putting his hand once again on the shoulder of his new friend, the intention behind this gesture different than the first time. Less as an act of reassurance and more as a show of respect and pride.

"Well," Trip looked at Kora, a vague grin finding its way to his face, "lead the way, Ultra-Girl."

Last edited:

Ashlynn awaited the team in the vault room. She touched nothing other than what she was sent for, nor did she have any intent to. She really only cared for pleasing father, as he was the only one who showed her some form of respect.

Ashlynn was about ready to walk out of the room before a ghostly figure appeared behind her, whispering some ancient language. Ashlynn had halted and looked ahead. "So... An unexpected addition has appeared? And they are able to destroy my minions with ease... Interesting..." she said. She saw the group on the camera feeds. "Soon... I can see what you are really capable of..." she said to herself, no emotion showing at all.

Kora Divine Woods

KORA

Age |Seventeen|
Gender |Female|
Location |S.T.A.R. LABS|

I AM MY OWN PERSON
She couldn't use her X-Ray Vision, that did suck no doubt. Because of the Lead Laced material in the walls, it negated the use of her power completely, so she couldn't locate the sick freak who'd done all this. But, she still had her other abilities. Her ears twitched, and she could hear from down the halls. Footsteps, other Demons no doubt, the sound of bugs crawling along every surface of the area, and the sound of someone talking. She focused in on it, and could hear the voice of the girl easily. "She's waiting for us." she spoke, opening her eyes again and turning to the rest of her team. "The maps correct, if we follow it then we can get to her." She smiled as Aia licked her cheek, laughing softly. "Alrighty then, let's head on with it, shall we?" She floated down to Aia, and patted her head. "Trip, I need you to make a car, or anything really, that the rest can follow in. When Aia is in a Huntress Craze, only a few people can keep up with her. I'd say you and I, and maybe Math Man over there, but no chances right? Alright Aia!" she nodded. "Sick em."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back